Mini 495 - Mafia on a Plane! GAME OVER! =)

spurgistan
spurgistan
Goon
spurgistan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:40 am

Post by spurgistan »

I agree that the response to originality's vote may say more than the vote itself.
Unvote: Originality
. Not out of the woods by any means, dumb newbs occiasionally deserve to die, (I sure as hell did my first few games) but I'd like to go back and see exactly how that page 2 wagon formed.

On another thought @shaft.ed, lucienne said above that she meant the OMGUS attack was against me, not you. Not saying I remember it, actually I remember Oman making a rather silly accusation, but that's what Lucienne said.
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:51 am

Post by AlyG »

I think i'll be stickingt with my vote for the time being but i don't really like luciennes and man's actions.
Show
[b]Games finished: 1
Won as scum: 1
Won as town: 0
Lost as Town: 0
Lost as scum: 0[/b]
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:51 am

Post by AlyG »

*Oman *sticking
Show
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:11 am

Post by originality »

Im getting tired of explaining myself over and over, you guys just see invisible loops through everything i say. if anyone has a direct question for me ill be happy to answer.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:36 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Looks like things are going to slow down a bit. With two players out till the weekend (hope everything goes OK for you guys btw), and Karen hasn't shown up yet.
mod did you have any luck with a replacement?

Anyway,

@spurgistan, yeah I noticed that weird spurgistan, shaft.ed comment but didn't know what it meant. Also didn't notice any OMGUS on you either, so no matter which way that goes it's unfounded.

I really didn't gain a whole lot from the bandwagoning of originality. Its always hard to tell how much weight to give votes on page 1. No mafia would realistically think they could move for a bandwagon that fast. And if they did, it would be very incriminating.

I do think if anyone was a townie setting a 'quicklynch' trap it was Elias since as soon as Oman got his vote on originality, Elias swtiches his vote to Oman, a more likely play than tiny white letters. Though the reasoning leaves a bit to be desired.
Elias wrote:Oman in his last post clearly seemed to think that Originality got to -2...So why does he say that Originality is almost worth a -2 vote, yet does it anyways? Hmm. Not to mention his vote looks opportunistic. vote: Oman.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:48 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

shaft.ed wrote:
I do think if anyone was a townie setting a 'quicklynch' trap it was Elias since as soon as Oman got his vote on originality, Elias swtiches his vote to Oman, a more likely play than tiny white letters. Though the reasoning leaves a bit to be desired.
Elias wrote:Oman in his last post clearly seemed to think that Originality got to -2...So why does he say that Originality is almost worth a -2 vote, yet does it anyways? Hmm. Not to mention his vote looks opportunistic. vote: Oman.
I'm confused by the term 'quicklynch trap'. Are you implying that I was trying to set up a quicklynch? I would attempt to defend myself, but I'm not really sure what I'm being accused of.
I play the games rul gud.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:27 am

Post by shaft.ed »

No I'm saying you were more likely doing what Oman said he was doing. Adding a vote to originality to see if any scum would join in trying to bandwagon, or simply to pressue originality into talking.

I'm accusing you of being town.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Streeflo »

Mod Note:
I'll start looking for a replacement for Karen now.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Streeflo »

Top of Page Votecount #4!

Oman (3) - Elias_the_thief, Dr. Blackstrike, Lucienne
originality (2) - Carrotcake, AlyG
CarrotCake (1) - shaft.ed
spurgistan (1) - thesleepless

Not voting: Everyone else

With
alive it takes
to lynch!
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:12 am

Post by Streeflo »

dybeck
replaces
Karen
effective immediately
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:15 am

Post by Oman »

Firstly:
I'm accusing you of being town.
A violent accusation. I can't believe you'd do such a thing, do you have evidence? [/Joke]

Also, I never did an OMGUS attack on spurg, Lucienne, can you cite this for me so that I can defend against it, I've reread and I'm drawing a blank.
Shaft.ed wrote:Yeah I know that, I'm basically just saying that putting little tiny white text saying this is a trap could be done by either side as it is premeditated. In my mind it has no bearing on the action itself. If I really wanted to get WIFOMy, I could reason that it was a scum signal for your "partners" not to bandwagon the vote to. But either way, I don't think the white text matters one way or another.
Completly true, it could be done by either side. Hypothetical=Omanscum: It would be pretty stupid to communicate with scumpartners this way though. Firstly because you guys didn't notice it, so my scum partners wouldn't, and secondly that type of communication (if found) could be refered back to at any time and used to incriminate me.

Right, now onto the goodstuff:

My first thought is that Dr. Blackstrike is scummy as all get out at the moment.

1. Claims without pressure:
Um, no scum here. Just a plain old townie.
Well done! A vanillia townie claim page three is certaintly what town would do.

2. Calls me "vote-happy" after 1 vote, which is less than almost everyone else.

3. I don't like his interaction with Lucienne, the FoS from
him
her and then Blackstrike saying "I wouldn't be suprised if she was scum trying to frame me" pretty much setting up for an early bus with the eventuality of "Lucienne was scum, so I must be town".

I don't really know which to vote between them, the only thing that tips it is that claim, its such an anti-town move.

Finally, I don't think Elias is scum here. Starting the wagon on me when originality had a wagon going strikes me an quite pro-town. Scum probably would've tryed to keep the wagon going (as per my phailed trap)

Unvote (if I was) Vote: Dr. Blackstrike HoS: Lucienne
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:20 am

Post by Streeflo »

I was thinking of modkilling Oman for his small white text, but then I realized that it wasn't in the rules. There is now a new rule 12.

12.) No small or invisible text. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either.

You have been warned.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:42 am

Post by dybeck »

VampanezeHunter wrote:Yea I might tomorrow. After some disscussion and I have had my beauty sleep!
VampanezeHunter wrote:I'll wait for some more disscussion before I make my opinions.
VampanezeHunter wrote: I have evr so slight gut feelings on a few people but in the next few pages I will express my views on people.
Not good enough. Not good enough by half.
vote: VampanezeHunter
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:49 am

Post by originality »

VampanezeHunter wrote: Not good enough. Not good enough by half.

You know, I was about to make that observation. But for now it does not seem THAT much like a scumtell, and since my vote would be just to make him defend himself, I don't think two is necessary just now. So i'll just
FoS VampanezeHunter
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by originality »

And to elaborate, he seems to be posting just enough so that he wouldn't be considered a lurking mafia, but his posts have about as much content as there is talent in american idol. Sneaky behavior there.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:06 pm

Oman wrote: 1. Claims without pressure:
Well done! A vanillia townie claim page three is certaintly what town would do.
Its true that making an early claim is a bad move by town, but what exactly makes it a scumtell?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by Oman »

Streeflo, I checked it wasn't in the rules first. Thanks for not modkilling me.

Elias, what makes it a scumtell is that any townie would have to be an idiot to do it. Basically it tells the scum two things (and this is assuming the player is a vanillia townie) 1. They are not a powerrole 2. They are not worth a NK.

It basically benefits only the scum, do you feel like you know a whole lot more knowing that he is a vanillia rather then a doc or a cop?

If Blackstrike is town, he's foolish. But I'm more sold on the idea of a scum trying to look town, than a town.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:09 pm

Oman, you have not told me why it is a scumtell. You have told me why a good townie wouldnt do it, which I already know. The thing is, it would benefit scum, but it doesnt make sense if scum is doing it. They would already know that they are scum, what do they gain from claiming prematurely?

Sorry if this seems a bit offtopic. I've been pondering this apparently accepted scum tell for a while and I seriously doubt its value.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by Oman »

Its the same as lieing, bad town do do it sometimes, but 90% its scum.

I'd be willing to bet that this is the same thing sometime townies roleclaim early, but 90% of the time, its scum.
AlyG
AlyG
Goon
AlyG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by AlyG »

dybeck wrote:
VampanezeHunter wrote:Yea I might tomorrow. After some disscussion and I have had my beauty sleep!
VampanezeHunter wrote:I'll wait for some more disscussion before I make my opinions.
VampanezeHunter wrote: I have evr so slight gut feelings on a few people but in the next few pages I will express my views on people.
Not good enough. Not good enough by half.
Good find, i never noticed that >_> So it seems he's just trying to sneak under the radar. Staying away from conversation so no one can get a read on him. I really don't like this kind of play, it's very weird and suspicious IMO. I'm sticking with my vote for now. But anyway
FOS: VampanezeHunter

And Oman, i still don't really get why you would write somethig in size1 small text. Why?
Show
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:00 pm

Post by dybeck »

Elias_the_thief wrote:Sorry if this seems a bit offtopic. I've been pondering this apparently accepted scum tell for a while and I seriously doubt its value.
It's not the best scumtell. And it's not 90% scum. But claiming early hints at defensiveness and panic that are much stronger scumtells. And townie is the safest claim of all.

It's a bit of a scumtell. Do I think it applies here? Probably not.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:47 pm

Post by Oman »

Why, AlyG, because it was a setup. But no-one would belive me if I said it later. I was essentially breadcrumbing, but not a role. I was breadcrumbing an idea and an action.

I don't see why everyone is so against it.
Lucienne
Lucienne
Townie
Lucienne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:31 am

Post by Lucienne »

Dr. Blackstrike wrote:
You and Blackstrike look like a pair, especially after you voted me and FoSed him, even though your reasons for me were rediculous.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Lucienne was scum trying to frame me that way.
Please explain how this scenario has any merit.

Also, Oman didn`t put originality at -2? Oops. Nonetheless, at the time, I never saw why he voted for originality, since he wasn`t giving any of his own reasoning, just bandwagoning, it seemed.

If Oman could give a more thorough explanation of his originality vote now, I would be greateful.
Lucienne
Lucienne
Townie
Lucienne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:32 am

Post by Lucienne »

Apologies for using this thread as English practice, but can someone tell me the correct spelling of "greateful"? It is one word I continually cannot spell in english.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:08 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I agree that claiming town is not a strong scumtell. Personally I think it's a much stronger newbtell. But Dr. Black appears to have been active here for long enough to know better. Maybe he just hasn't played as mafia yet
FoS Dr. Black

I'm also 100% certain now that VampanezeHunter is lurking. He posts very heavily in the nongame forums but can't show up in game.

unvote vote VampanezeHunter
to draw him out of the woodwork.

I will remove if you manage to post something substantial.
Lucienne wrote:Apologies for using this thread as English practice, but can someone tell me the correct spelling of "greateful"? It is one word I continually cannot spell in english.
Pretty sure its grateful. www.dictionary.com is your friend.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”