Newbie Mafia 17 - GAME OVER -

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Newbie Mafia 17 - GAME OVER -

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:00 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Well the town is in shambles after MeMe's cruel death, and they are finally going to act. They will take down the scum or die trying!!!

Alive (2)

Jaguar (Cop)
Morpheus (Townie)

Dead (6)

MeMe (NPC)
gslamm (Townie) Lynched Day 1
Yaw (Townie) Killed Night 1
mathcam (Mafia) Lynched Day 2
Flying Dutchman (Doctor) Killed Night 2
Stimpy (Mafia) Lynched Day 3
No Deadline

I will be using what has become the standard newbie game set-up. Roles, exactly as sent, appear below.

Note: in view of the number of players and set-up, we will start in the day phase, although most games start with a night. To get you in the mood, I have made MeMe a night victim (only fair since I stole most of this from her :D ).

The roles:

You are the mafia (2)
. You may only talk with each other during the game's "night," not during the "day." You let me know before the night's deadline who will be your victim. You win the game when all the other players are dead.

You are the cop (1)
. Every "night" before the deadline you send me an email with a name of your choice, and I will let you know whether that player is mafia or not. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread. You win the game when the mafia are dead.

You are the doctor (1)
. Every "night" before the deadline you send me an email with a name of your choice, and that player cannot die if attacked by the mafia that night. You cannot heal yourself. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread. You win the game when the mafia are dead.

You are a townie (3)
. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread. You win the game when the mafia are dead.
Last edited by Yoko Kurama on Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:10 am, edited 26 times in total.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:07 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

And Here Are the Rules
Stolen from MeMe modified by Me
:
  • Votes must be in
    bold
    . If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
  • Please be attentive and
    unvote
    , if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not
    required
    , but I’d appreciate it.
  • Executions will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. You may
    vote: no lynch
    – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
  • The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
  • Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead, though you can make one statement like
    arghh....

• Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts if you double post the same thing and want it deleted just say so.
  • Don’t quote any PMs from me.
  • If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me, tough! No choice will be made.
  • If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread.
    Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
  • If someone seriously does something dumb I'm not going to stop you from telling them but keep it clean and truthful. :o
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:58 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Welcome to Marionville, a small community with only eight inhabitants. Unfortunately, two of them are mafia, eager to eliminate the others. On the bright side, you have a cop and a doctor. Unfortunately, the killing has begun and the well-respected citizen MeMe has been killed at night by the mafia. It is now day, and you should try to lynch one of you, hoping you catch a mafia. (Stolen from DP)
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:07 pm

Post by Yaw »

We're starting, cool.

Random
Vote: gslamm
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:32 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Yeah, let's make this a good game!!!

Random
Vote: Yaw
, for being the first to post means *obviously* you're mafia!!! :P
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:37 am

Post by mathcam »

I feel obliged to encourage everyone to read the first day of Newbie 12. It's important.

On a side note, it looks like everyone in the game is present....Yaw being the only true newbie to the site, and he's already posted. Sweet.

Cam
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:46 am

Post by gslamm »

While I agree it's important to learn from other games. I'm not quite motivated enough to actually go read the game you mentioned. How 'bout you give us a readers digest version of that 'Cam? Are there car chases and gratuitous nudity involved?

Just posting to say I'm here no vote yet.
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:36 am

Post by Jaguar »

Cam, I am pretty sure I know what you are talking about, having followed that particular game from the sidelines. I'll leave the obvious vote for someone else.

Bah. Random.org said to vote for myself. I will random
vote: Morpheus
I need a new tagline...
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:37 am

Post by mathcam »

Bah. Random.org said to vote for myself.
Well, to make it fair then, I'll
Vote: Jaguar
. :)

Cam
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:30 am

Post by Yaw »

Mathcam
I feel obliged to encourage everyone to read the first day of Newbie 12. It's important.
Ah, the infamous cop-claims-doc game. I read through all the Newbie games before joining, so I was actually considering what to do, since the cop from that game is in this game.

The problem I see is that there's no way other than an investigation to know if Stimpy will be scum or town. If he's cop again, even that's useless. Also, if he's town, being up front about investigating him probably isn't advantageous. Several rounds of "wine in front of me" later, I'm still nowhere near a good Stimpy strategy. Anyone else have any ideas? (The above is all going on the assumption that Stimpy will continue his posting style from the previous two games he's been in.)

At the very least, since there are two mafia, we know that at least one of them is going to be catchable in a more traditional way.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:02 am

Post by mathcam »

I just wanted everyone to be aware. I talked with Stimpy after the game, and I feel he will most likely give it his all this game, but who knows?.

Cam
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:19 am

Post by Yaw »

Ok, then I'll retract my assumption. I don't like assuming people will sabotage games anyway, it's more that I noticed because it was such a big issue for that game. I'll certainly give Stimpy the benefit of the doubt (playing style-wise). It's good you mentioned it, Cam, otherwise that could have unduly influenced this game.
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:28 am

Post by Morpheus »

Why does MeMe always die? Anyway
vote gslamm
just because.
Yeah..
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:59 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Vote Count

Gslamm (2): Yaw, Morpheus
Jaguar (1): Mathcam
Morpheus (1): Jaguar
Yaw (1): Flying Dutchman

Not Voting: Gslamm, Stimpy
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:23 am

Post by Jaguar »

So does anyone know if Stimpy is showing up soon?

And I find it somewhat suspicious that Morpheus put a second vote on gslamm. This could give the mafia an easy kill. Since my vote is already there, I guess I'll leave it for now until a better target shows up. Not much to go on so far with the limited posting.
I need a new tagline...
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:55 am

Post by gslamm »

Weird! I made a post last night that should have showed up between the vote count and Jag's 'defense' of me. I made a vote on Morpheus with the thought that he was the first to put a second vote on someone the added knowledge that this was me!

Then this morning I see Jag posted about the same thing and my post is missing. Hmmmm.

Vote: Jag
since he has no reason to defend me.

Newbie Training
Always be aware of the possibility of a speed lynch. With four to lynch and two living mafia, if the two people voting me are pro-town (since I am pro-town), the mafia could vote me and end the day quickly. On the other hand this will reveal ALL the remaining mafia ( A good thing) but won't work if one ofthe people voting me are scum. (or if I were scum)
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:16 am

Post by Morpheus »

Oops. Sorry didn't see the first vote.
unvote gslamm
Yeah..
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:35 am

Post by Jaguar »

gslamm, I wasn't defending you, I was accusing Morpheus... Why would that be reason to vote for me?
I need a new tagline...
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:48 am

Post by Yaw »

I'll trust Yoko to address whether Stimpy's showing up or not. I do hope he does.

I did see the second vote on gslamm, and was debating it a bit. On one hand, we didn't have any information to justify a bandwagon against anyone, so why the second vote? On the other hand, without a second vote somewhere along the line, we aren't going to generate any conversation, which means no chance of getting the scum. So I kept my vote there to see the response. Believe me, I would have been the first to unvote if it came to a third vote going on. I know a speed lynch would be detrimental to our attempts to catch the mafia.

I'm looking at the gslamm/Jaguar dynamic now. I agree with gslamm that it is odd that Jaguar would jump to his defense. I also find it very odd that he should have a distinctly negative reaction to his defender. So my vote will stay where it is right now.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:27 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

It has yet to be even 48 hours since the game started. At 48 hours I will check to see if he needs replacment.

Vote Count

Gslamm (1): Yaw
Jaguar (2): Mathcam, Gslamm
Morpheus (1): Jaguar
Yaw (1): Flying Dutchman

Not Voting: Morpheus, Stimpy
Stimpy
Stimpy
Townie
Stimpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:51 am

Post by Stimpy »

random

vote: Yaw

sorry havent been at work since friday hehe ... no net at home
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:54 am

Post by Yaw »

Good to see we have everyone here. :)

And I see I have two votes on me. I'm pro-town. If there's any suspicions people have of me they want me to address, though, ask away. As of now, the only reason I can see for the current bandwagon against me, such as it is, is that people keep rolling 6 on their dice. :? Please keep track of the vote numbers and unvote me if this bandwagon gets any worse -- lynching me would be bad, but lynching me quickly because of funny runs of probability from random.org would be far worse.

To Stimpy: throwing that second vote on randomly when we already have good discussion? That wasn't suspicious at
all
. :roll:
Stimpy
Stimpy
Townie
Stimpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:51 pm

Post by Stimpy »

sweet :P ... good come back..

unvote: Yaw

but i'm a widdle bit susp

FoS
Stimpy
Stimpy
Townie
Stimpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:52 pm

Post by Stimpy »

FoS: Yaw

oops :P
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:00 pm

Post by Yaw »

Um...anyone want to jump in here? Is everyone other than me a "weekend-away" person? :?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”