Newbie Mafia 17 - GAME OVER -

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:36 am

Post by Jaguar »

Cam, I am pretty sure I know what you are talking about, having followed that particular game from the sidelines. I'll leave the obvious vote for someone else.

Bah. Random.org said to vote for myself. I will random
vote: Morpheus
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:23 am

Post by Jaguar »

So does anyone know if Stimpy is showing up soon?

And I find it somewhat suspicious that Morpheus put a second vote on gslamm. This could give the mafia an easy kill. Since my vote is already there, I guess I'll leave it for now until a better target shows up. Not much to go on so far with the limited posting.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:35 am

Post by Jaguar »

gslamm, I wasn't defending you, I was accusing Morpheus... Why would that be reason to vote for me?
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:52 pm

Post by Jaguar »

Yaw wrote: I agree with gslamm that it is odd that Jaguar would jump to his defense.
I, in the post above the one just quoted, wrote: I wasn't defending you, I was accusing Morpheus
I have no opinion of gslamm here and other than Stimpy and Morpheus putting second votes on people, I have no reason to find one person more suspicious than another. As such, please don't interpret my vote on Morpheus as defending gslamm. He could be scum or pro-town, I just don't know.

As for gslamm's disappearing post, I can understand the confusion that may have caused on his part, but rest assured, without further evidence, I would not have put the third vote on Morpheus if gslamm's post would have made it on the thread.

*Rereads post and realizes it rambles on a bit*

And no, Yaw, you are not the only "weekend-here" person here. :wink: I've been following the threads, but the lack of pace here over the weekend was a bit disappointing.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:13 am

Post by Jaguar »

Gslamm, I think it is time for a defense. The arguments that Mathcam put up are good enough for me to put a
FOS (Finger of Suspicion)
in your direction. I don't want to put the third vote on at this moment, but I will if I don't see anything that would indicate I shouldn't vote for you.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:54 am

Post by Jaguar »

Since my FOS ond threat to move to gslamm didn't have any result, I will carry through and
vote: Gslamm
. We didn't get a real defence from him. Maybe putting him one vote away from a lynch will get the ball rolling.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #49 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:55 am

Post by Jaguar »

Ooops. :oops:
unvote: Morpheus
and
Vote: Gslamm
/
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #57 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:44 am

Post by Jaguar »

Bye Yaw :(

There's one good thing, both the cop and doc are still alive.

After rereading the thread, here are my suspicions:

Flying Dutchman: Who did you think was innocent? gslamm or Stimpy? If it was gslamm, does this mean you are on the town's side? If you were mafia, why would you say that gslamm is innocent, after all, as mafia, you would KNOW he was innocent. If Stimpy, are you mafia trying to take the heat off your partner in crime? Not so sure about you though. For now I will believe that you meant gslamm and are pro-town, but this can be reversed.

Mathcam: Suspicious behaviour by first telling us all to read Newbie 12 and then when gslamm puts the vote on Stimpy you accuse gslamm of starting an easy bandwagon and are defending stimpy. In another post you think that:
Mathcam wrote:Stimpy - Much more active and coherent in this game than in hsi others. Because he's mafia? Maybe.
I didn't think he was overly active. He only posted a few one and two-liners, but no reasoning from Stimpy at all, unless you count the "Yaw was hostile towards me therefore I voted for him, OMGUS reasoning". Are you protecting a fellow mafia, because I do think you are the scummiest here. (No offense)

Morpheus: Second vote on gslamm, but quickly unvoted when he realized that. Other than that, nothing much to indicate scumminess. I think he may be pro-town.

Stimpy: How can you tell? He voted once for Yaw then unvoted and never voted again. No discussion from him. Scummy? For sure. Does that mean he is scum? Based on Newbie 12, you can never know with this guy.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #60 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:17 am

Post by Jaguar »

Morpheus wrote: Wait so now we think people are scummy because they've leqarned to be more active in games? Whats going on here?
No, I said I didn't know because he hadn't posted a lot. It could indicate scumminess, however, based on Newbie 12, that means he could be good or bad.

I'm up for the role claim. We could even do a full role claim. The scum would take out the last townie tonight with doc/cop roleclaims, but the cop would have another investigation regardless. Doc protects cop, doc dies, cop has an investigation on a scum. Or, Doc protects cop, mafia takes out remaining townie because they are unsure who is who, cop has an investigation on a scum.

I'll stick my head out and claim first. I am a doc/cop.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #62 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:08 am

Post by Jaguar »

Before I add my vote, I will wait what the others have to say. I will reveal my target as well, if so requested.

Not that I don't trust you, FD, but I'd like to see what the mafia's reaction is going to be.

Any chance we can get a prod on Stimpy?
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #68 (isolation #10) » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:57 pm

Post by Jaguar »

I am the cop, and the only information I have (I should have investigated Stimpy after all) is that Morpheus is innocent. I realize that this leaves Flying Dutchman open as a target tonight, but either way, the town should win this scenario.

vote: Mathcam
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #75 (isolation #11) » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:33 am

Post by Jaguar »

Well, this seals it for me. My investigation of Stimpy came back Mafia, so let's get ths game over with.

vote: Stimpy
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #81 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:23 am

Post by Jaguar »

Morpheus wrote: Yeah Go me and Jaguar! Hey Jaguar does this make up for us losing as mafia buddies in Newbie 14?
Absolutely :) I was a little concerned when Stimpy came out and claimed to be the doc, but when he killed FD, he certainly cemented his demise. I almost thought that FD was playing masterfully as scum if Stimpy was indeed the Doc.

In the end I am glad that we had both the cop and doc survive to day 2. I think that was definitely key for the town to win this game.
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #85 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:32 am

Post by Jaguar »

I understand where you are coming from, Mathcam, but I didn't want you to muddy the waters with a defence :P . If I had been a townie, I sure would have wanted to hear more, but I had additional information in this case and FD and Morpheus voting for you made it easy for me to take the kill shot.

I wasn't 100% sure which one was the real doc, but was leaning towards Flying Dutchman even before he claimed. I figured by getting rid of one mafia scum (you) I could investigate for the last one. Stimpy killing off the doc only confirmed it for Morpheus.

Even if Stimpy had taken out Morpheus on the last night, FD would have known that Stimpy was scum, so I don't think that Stimpy stood a chance after his doc claim. The only chance he had was to have claimed cop instead of doc, muddying the waters for the remaining player. He could have claimed that he investigated someone with an innocent return and then try to accuse me of being the last scum.
I need a new tagline...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”