ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:48 am

Post by ryan »

curiouskarmadog: klopyrev might be "newbie town" but he's also not helping us find scum by sitting around and "watching behaviors" that isn't helpful and voting for yourself? HUH? I still don't follow that and even a newbie town would HAVE to recognize that as being a stupid play and he has enough people talking about it that we aren't doing what we should be doing, pressuring the lurkers and getting some conversation going (and you are right that is exactly what I do in these games)
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:20 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ryan wrote:curiouskarmadog: klopyrev might be "newbie town" but he's also not helping us find scum by sitting around and "watching behaviors" that isn't helpful and voting for yourself? HUH? I still don't follow that and even a newbie town would HAVE to recognize that as being a stupid play and he has enough people talking about it that we aren't doing what we should be doing, pressuring the lurkers and getting some conversation going (and you are right that is exactly what I do in these games)
yeah, I think he does not know WHAT he is suppose to be doing...mafia or scum...We shouldl keep an eye on him (will nto be surprised if we have to get a replacement for him later on), but I would like to hear from others.
klopyrev
klopyrev
Goon
klopyrev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:29 am

Post by klopyrev »

About the whole unvoting business between ST and AmeliaLi. Has anyone actually noticed that AmeliaLi voted for ST in the first place? If they are both mafia, as some have suggested, that would have been a sneaky move on AmeliaLi's side. Considering its the first move of the game, its just plainly odd and stupid, isn't it? Therefore, AmeliaLi and ST can't both by scum.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:32 am

Post by ryan »

Klopyrev: That theory doesn't fly my friend. Scum can vote eachother, fight with eachother, they can do whatever they want to throw off the town. Those two can be just as scummy as anyone else here. It's called deception and I've seen enough scumpairs do it that I don't take anything for granted
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:39 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

klopyrev wrote:About the whole unvoting business between ST and AmeliaLi. Has anyone actually noticed that AmeliaLi voted for ST in the first place? If they are both mafia, as some have suggested, that would have been a sneaky move on AmeliaLi's side. Considering its the first move of the game, its just plainly odd and stupid, isn't it? Therefore, AmeliaLi and ST can't both by scum.
A) I was voting off of the dice. Its more suspcious to throw the dice up and not vote rather than vote for and then both do something 'scummy'
curiouskarmadog wrote:I do not agree with the defensive play mode theory. I think mafia and town alike get defensive when their head is on a block. If someone accuses you of doing something scummy, most people’s first reaction is to defend their actions…which will then have retorts, and retorts to retorts, and so on.
B) I agree with you on that one and everyone does get defensive.

C) I had a C...but I forgot it. I'll post for now but when my C comes back to me, I'll post it.
>.> I changed my email on crywolf20084....
so now i'm on my other account.
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:43 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

... *big sigh* I said something wrong.

A) I was voting off of the dice. Its more suspcious to throw the dice up and not vote, rather than accidently doing something scummy later.
klopyrev
klopyrev
Goon
klopyrev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:06 am

Post by klopyrev »

Yeah, I realized that it could be a deceptive play. However, if anything comes up later, you could base your arguments on things like that, so I'm just pointing it out.
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:20 am

Post by AmeliaLi »

klopyrev wrote:Yeah, I realized that it could be a deceptive play. However, if anything comes up later, you could base your arguments on things like that, so I'm just pointing it out.
Observent. I didn't even think about that.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:23 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

ryan wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:
ryan wrote:Tornado: Let's take a breath........in.........now out. You seem to be giving lots of reasons why unvoting next to eachother would be "bad for the mafia" I never said you guys did I said you "could have messed up" I presented theories and you jumped on them from the "mafia point of view" I also presented that mafia when pressured can mess up early in games, did we catch you doing this already? :-)
But, you still haven't answered my question: What could be achieved by the whole thing of unvoting together?
Without getting annoyed, because you aren't reading my posts. I said I presented theories on what you two did, what you planned on doing is beyond me. Maybe by posting back to back you could say "well it was just random" which is what you are doing right now.
Ok, I get your point.

However, in reply to such a accusation/theory,
everyone
and not just the scum would claim it is random.
I'm back!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:40 am

Post by ryan »

Lowell: You've been unusually quiet (especially for you) what do you think about the current state of the game?
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:42 am

Post by MightyFireball »

Ryan, I'm a little confused by what you're saying about the unvoting conflict. While it is common for scum to be voting for each other, I don't get what the connection is when two people, unvoting at the same time, aren't voting for the same person. This seems more random to me than coordinated. I happen to be of the opinion that this line of thought has been taken too far.
[color=orange][b] MIGHTYFIREBALL [/b][/color]
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:43 am

Post by Dral »

Jester wrote:I agree with this completely. The four fastest ways to show up on my particular scum radar are to:
:arrow: say literally nothing (no posts at all);
:arrow: say nothing (post, but create posts with no game content in them);
:arrow: concentrate on the "guilty" instead of being specific about who might be guilty and who might not be guilty and why; and,
:arrow: to get into a defensive play mode and concentrate on defense to the exclusion of offense.

Generally, scum will do one of the last two things, but not both. Right now, Lowell, Nano, and klopyrev are doing the first; curiouskarmadog and Dral are doing the second; Indy's doing the third; and Amelia's doing the last.
True. I guess I would fall into the second category. But so far, there really isn't alot of content in the game.
Want a comment on klop? I agree he is just a newbie who didn't know what to do. Voting for himself was probably a joke.
Want a comment on ST and AmeliaLi? Seems like this has already been discussed too much. I guess its possible in pre-game that ST sent a message to AmeliaLi and said "Hey, do a "random" vote on my early to throw people off. Just don't forget to unvote!" Then when AleliaLi saw ST's unvote, she thought "Oh shoot! I forgot to unvote!" and quickly unvoted. But I doubt it.
I do agree that Ryan seems town and is actively searching for scum. Or does he just want us to think that?? :)
Dral needs a sig and an avatar
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:53 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Dral wrote:
Jester wrote:I agree with this completely. The four fastest ways to show up on my particular scum radar are to:
:arrow: concentrate on the "guilty" instead of being specific about who might be guilty and who might not be guilty and why; and,
:arrow: to get into a defensive play mode and concentrate on defense to the exclusion of offense.

Generally, scum will do one of the last two things, but not both. Right now, Lowell, Nano, and klopyrev are doing the first; curiouskarmadog and Dral are doing the second; Indy's doing the third; and Amelia's doing the last.
True. I guess I would fall into the second category. But so far, there really isn't alot of content in the game.
Want a comment on klop? I agree he is just a newbie who didn't know what to do. Voting for himself was probably a joke.
Want a comment on ST and AmeliaLi? Seems like this has already been discussed too much.
I guess its possible in pre-game that ST sent a message to AmeliaLi and said "Hey, do a "random" vote on my early to throw people off. Just don't forget to unvote!" Then when AleliaLi saw ST's unvote, she thought "Oh shoot! I forgot to unvote!" and quickly unvoted.
But I doubt it.
I do agree that Ryan seems town and is actively searching for scum. Or does he just want us to think that?? :)
There is a problem in that theory.

AmeliaLi wrote:11 = 2139228131 = Fixed
Post 24
AmeliaLi wrote:
Vote: Sir Tornado
As far as I know, you can't manipulate the dice thing.
I'm back!
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:00 pm

Post by AmeliaLi »

Sir Tornado wrote:
Dral wrote:

Want a comment on ST and AmeliaLi? Seems like this has already been discussed too much.
I guess its possible in pre-game that ST sent a message to AmeliaLi and said "Hey, do a "random" vote on my early to throw people off. Just don't forget to unvote!" Then when AleliaLi saw ST's unvote, she thought "Oh shoot! I forgot to unvote!" and quickly unvoted.
But I doubt it.
There is a problem in that theory.

AmeliaLi wrote:11 = 2139228131 = Fixed
Post 24
AmeliaLi wrote:
Vote: Sir Tornado
As far as I know, you can't manipulate the dice thing.
And yes I realize i just screwed up the whole dice thing. But It came out one so I went to the list and Sir Tornado was the frist one.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

AmeliaLi wrote:And yes I realize i just screwed up the whole dice thing. But It came out one so I went to the list and Sir Tornado was the frist one.
What do you mean by "screwed up the whole dice thing"?
I'm back!
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by Dral »

oops, I never knew anything about this dice thing. Its suppose to give a random number that you can't change? I didn't know that. Seems kind of silly. Just pick a name vote. It would be just as random. Both of you seem very defensive over this issue. Within minutes both jumped all over my post. Trying to hide something?
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by Dral »

wouldn't a 1 sided die always give a 1? :)
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:17 pm

Post by AmeliaLi »

Sir Tornado wrote:
AmeliaLi wrote:And yes I realize i just screwed up the whole dice thing. But It came out one so I went to the list and Sir Tornado was the frist one.
What do you mean by "screwed up the whole dice thing"?
Yer suppsed to put d infront of the number otherwise its just a onesided dice.
Dral wrote:oops, I never knew anything about this dice thing. Its suppose to give a random number that you can't change? I didn't know that. Seems kind of silly. Just pick a name vote. It would be just as random. Both of you seem very defensive over this issue. Within minutes both jumped all over my post. Trying to hide something?
No, but I guess over defending something is gonna get us lynched just as fast as you guys can speculate on a mere coincidence.

And when you think about it: you've already killed this coincidence, go find another one and then I might be able to help find reasons why that person is possible scum!
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by AmeliaLi »

Dral wrote:wouldn't a 1 sided die always give a 1? :)
Yes it would, that's why I said I screwed up.
klopyrev
klopyrev
Goon
klopyrev
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by klopyrev »

How do you you use the Die thing?
AmeliaLi
AmeliaLi
Goon
AmeliaLi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by AmeliaLi »

klopyrev wrote:How do you you use the Die thing?
You can go to the post reply menu and and there is a button in there.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:30 pm

Post by ryan »

MightyFireball wrote:Ryan, I'm a little confused by what you're saying about the unvoting conflict. While it is common for scum to be voting for each other, I don't get what the connection is when two people, unvoting at the same time, aren't voting for the same person. This seems more random to me than coordinated. I happen to be of the opinion that this line of thought has been taken too far.
I think I explained what needed to be explained already to Sir Tornado. I've left my theory in that post and am moving on to others. What part of my post did you not understand exactly?
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Well, I didn't see what the logic was in your pointing that out. However, I'll go back and reread the theory as presented to Sir Tornado and see if that clears it up.
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Well, I looked at your theory, and I have to say, I don't really agree with what you're saying. There is a slight chance that there was a coordinated unvote, but as they weren't voting for the same person, and there wasn't any visible gain for the in doing it, I don't see why they would. It is my belief that everyone does something for a reason, so without the reason, I find it unlikely that it was done intentionally.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by Kison »

~~Day One : Vote Count~~

Code: Select all

Nanosauromo     (2)  : Jester, Dral
AmeliaLi        (2)  : ryan, Indy
Jester          (2)  : Numenorean7, Lowell
Ryan            (1)  : Nanosauromo
Indy            (1)  : MightyFireball
Lowell          (1)  : curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog (1)  : klopyrev

Not Voting      (2)  : Sir Tornado, AmeliaLi 

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Last edited by Kison on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”