ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:06 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Voting for lurkers is often a mafia strategy, as they know that they only have to post enough to not be classified lurkers.
It also means that the person killed doesn't provide the town with much information, as he probably didn't get on enough to accuse people etc.
J-man wrote:oh and the admiral no need to pressure me ill post on my own quite happily,
IGMEOY
1. I'm supposed to know this before my vote?

2. Who says I wanted you to post more anyway. I just want to see how you act under a bit of pressure. So far you haven't convinced me to unvote.
Trombonist
Trombonist
Townie
Trombonist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:02 am

Post by Trombonist »

In response to J-man, My strategy has Changed because I am up to be killed, i would personally like to play for a while and not be killed at the start.

I re-voted for mole because he was the only other person to be getting votes; the only other person that could over take my rising lynch votes.

However i still think that J-man is in the mafia. His bit about wanting to be killed was very inviting. So ill try to get his bandwagon going.
Unvote
Vote: J-man
/barrelroll
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:53 am

Post by molestargazer »

Tromboner wrote:I re-voted for mole because he was the only other person to be getting votes; the only other person that could over take my rising lynch votes.
So you didn't think I was scum or didn't bother looking at the evidence, and just voted because other people were?
FoS: Tromboner
Per
Per
Goon
Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:59 am

Post by Per »

Vote Count (#4)

J-man: 3 (fak, ThAdmiral, Tromboner)
molestargazer: 2 (Adel, Mastermind of Sin)
Tromboner: 2 (J-man, pickemgenius)
carrotcake: 1 (dylan41985)
dylan41985: 1 (DanMonkey)
DanMonkey: 1 (Carrotcake)

Not voting: 2 (molestargazer, Kate)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Prod sent to dylan41985.
Last edited by Per on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
dylan41985
dylan41985
Goon
dylan41985
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:02 am

Post by dylan41985 »

unvote: carrotcake

vote: J-man
for seeming over-zealous to get to night time (maybe so he can kill me?)
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:30 am

Post by Adel »

While I don't like the posts by J-man so far, I'm going to wait for a little more evidence to base an opinion on.
ThAdmiral wrote:Voting for lurkers is often a mafia strategy, as they know that they only have to post enough to not be classified lurkers.
It also means that the person killed doesn't provide the town with much information, as he probably didn't get on enough to accuse people etc.
So what is your prescribed course of action? Target those who chase lurkers? Ignore lurkers as if they aren't in the game?

In my opinion our initial objective should be to pressure all players into posting enough content that a reasonable case can be made against a couple players, and a reasonable case can be made for clearing the rest. So long as there is a player out there that I don't have enough information on to found an opinion upon, I'll refuse to extend that player the benefit of the doubt.

ThAdmiral: could you clarify your post, or do you stand by your words as they currently exist?
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:36 am

Post by pickemgenius »

I'm getting weird vibes from dylan. Anybody else? Maybe it's just me?

No posts in four days, then casually dropping a vote on a growing bandwagon.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Adel »

Especially since J-man was the biggest promoter of a pro-town tactic that would quickly identify dylan41985 as potential scum. If dylan was scum planning on lurking into day 2 and beyond, a bandwagon on J-man would provide his best cover... so when J-man identifies him as a lurker is would seem OMGUSy.

Huh. I just sold myself on that theory.

unvote:molestargazer

vote:dylan41985
for lurking and casting a suspect vote.
dylan41985
dylan41985
Goon
dylan41985
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:43 am

Post by dylan41985 »

joining a bandwagon vote may seem suspicious, but it's too obvious! I'm not that dumb.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:44 am

Post by Adel »

WIFOM. Please provide a better rationale.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:50 am

Post by J-man »

lol you know what no1 ever likes my posts speccially mafia.. oooohhh
Tomboner i hope you die you mafia scum
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:53 am

Post by J-man »

oh sry i forgot to mention this in my other post

theadmiral in response to your response to me i have 1 thing to say, its not my job to convince you to not vote me its your job to kill a mafia as well as mine since im am quite convinced that your just a confused townsperson.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

unvote, vote: J-man

Appealing to emotion, sucking up to people to get them to go his way, acting like BM, personal attacks without substance, etc.

Definite earmarks of scum.
Permanent V/LA.
Kate
Kate
Goon
Kate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Kate »

So J-man now has 5 votes, with seven to lynch...great idea town! put him in a position where mafia can easily kill him!
About the whole lurking thing, just because you're not talking as much, doesn't mean you're scum, maybe you're just busy or don't have anything to say about what's going on.
I think Adel is more suspicious in my eyes, how before it seemed he was pushing to kill the lurkers, and looks like he wants bandwagons:
Adel wrote:Especially since J-man was the biggest promoter of a pro-town tactic that would quickly identify dylan41985 as potential scum. If dylan was scum planning on lurking into day 2 and beyond, a bandwagon on J-man would provide his best cover... so when J-man identifies him as a lurker is would seem OMGUSy.

Huh. I just sold myself on that theory.

unvote:molestargazer

vote:dylan41985for lurking and casting a suspect vote.
This was right after pickemgenius said something about dylan. And Adel's reasoning didn't seem very good, it seems to me he keeps saying people are scum because of what they will do in the future; that doesn't count as proof. However, what what's-his-face(dylan-something) did was pretty scummy, the way he just dropped in and voted without much reasoning, but I still think Adel is more scum.

Vote:Adel
I don't know the meaning of the word "surrender". I mean, I know it, I'm not dumb... just not in this context. -The Tick
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:54 pm

Post by J-man »

BM ? what does that mean?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by Adel »

Kate wrote:So J-man now has 5 votes, with seven to lynch...great idea town! put him in a position where mafia can easily kill him!
{snip}

This was right after pickemgenius said something about dylan. And Adel's reasoning didn't seem very good, it seems to me he keeps saying people are scum because of what they will do in the future; that doesn't count as proof. However, what what's-his-face(dylan-something) did was pretty scummy, the way he just dropped in and voted without much reasoning, but I still think Adel is more scum.

Vote:Adel
So Kate doesn't like the size of a bandwagon on J-man. But she also doesn't like my rationale for defending him. She thinks the person I voted for did something pretty scummy, but I get her vote anyway. For jumping on a "bandwagon" by casting the second vote. When someone else is -2 to lynch.

If there is logic in that argument, could someone explain it to me? It seems really inconsistent to me.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by Adel »

BM = Battle Mage, apparently the most popular player on mafiascum.
Kate
Kate
Goon
Kate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by Kate »

Adel wrote:So Kate doesn't like the size of a bandwagon on J-man. But she also doesn't like my rationale for defending him. She thinks the person I voted for did something pretty scummy, but I get her vote anyway. For jumping on a "bandwagon" by casting the second vote. When someone else is -2 to lynch.

If there is logic in that argument, could someone explain it to me? It seems really inconsistent to me.
I never said anything about you defending him, I don't even remember you defending J-man. Yes, I do think the person you voted was scummy, but I still think you are scummier, by the way, with all the "WIFOM" and "BM" stuff, can you guys stop talking like idiots, 'cuz I can't understand anything that's going on when you guys talk like that...
I don't know the meaning of the word "surrender". I mean, I know it, I'm not dumb... just not in this context. -The Tick
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Adel »

Commonly used abbreviations and there is lots of other goodness on the wiki. You've been registered here for a couple of months longer than me, WIFOM is pretty basic and is commonly used.

I did defend J-man, in an oblique way.
Kate
Kate
Goon
Kate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:05 pm

Post by Kate »

I've only played in one other game, and WIFOM is used alot, however I still don't know what it means or any of the other crap you guys say :wink:

And if you did defend J-man, I don't remember, but never said you didn't or said I didn't like your reasoning for it. Actually, I never even mentioned you while I was talking about him, I only said we were stupid for putting him at -2 to lynch.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Kate wrote:So J-man now has 5 votes, with seven to lynch...great idea town! put him in a position where mafia can easily kill him!

While however unsmart it
may
be for J-man to be at L-2 relatively early, it's not a bad thing really, it's building pressure and is giving him a chance to defend himself, so we can have a logical decision on wheter or not he is or is not scum.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:54 pm

Post by Adel »

Kate wrote:I've only played in one other game, and WIFOM is used alot, however I still don't know what it means or any of the other crap you guys say
In my last post, there are words that are blue, & they are a link to the page on the wiki where those abbreviations and many others are defined.
Kate
Kate
Goon
Kate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by Kate »

pickemgenius wrote:While however unsmart it may be for J-man to be at L-2 relatively early, it's not a bad thing really, it's building pressure and is giving him a chance to defend himself, so we can have a logical decision on wheter or not he is or is not scum.
So how will you know whether he's town or not? If he is town, he'll most likely defend himself or say, "Hey, kill me if you want but I hope you all die!", if he's mafia, he'll probably do the same, unless he decides to fake claim as cop or doc, but if he
were
the cop or doc, he would still claim.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:19 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Kate wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:While however unsmart it may be for J-man to be at L-2 relatively early, it's not a bad thing really, it's building pressure and is giving him a chance to defend himself, so we can have a logical decision on wheter or not he is or is not scum.
So how will you know whether he's town or not? If he is town, he'll most likely defend himself or say, "Hey, kill me if you want but I hope you all die!", if he's mafia, he'll probably do the same, unless he decides to fake claim as cop or doc, but if he
were
the cop or doc, he would still claim.

We see how he reacts to X(5) amount of votes being placed on him.

Yeah if he defends himself, we can tell if it is good or not, and make more progress from there.

I don't know/see many townies offering themselves to be killed, it's not really smart, but that's just me.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

DanMonkey
DanMonkey
Townie
DanMonkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by DanMonkey »

Woah, this game is moving fast, but I think I'll keep my vote on dylan for now. I didn't realize we'd be on page 5 by now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”