Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

I feel that the "twisting my words" representations is a bit dramatic at best, unfounded at worst. Especially after FA's clarification in 45. I see that you two don't agree, but I see no twisting.

If there's some valid word twisting that I'm missing, please enlighten me.

Top of the page Vote Count!

Glork- 2 (blahgo, Amb)
Amb- 2 (Pink Princess, Omega)
Frozen Atlantic- 2 (StallingChamp, Glork)
Pink Princess- 1 (DeanWinchester)
StallingChamp- 1 (Frozen Atlantic)
DragonsofSummer- 1 (Zarvok)
DeanWinchester- 1 (pete d)
blahgo- 1 (yellowbounder)
Zarvok- 1 (DragonsofSummer)

This Big Mac has been brought to you by SV.
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

And there should not be an "s" on the end of representation.
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by StallingChamp »

Pink Princess wrote:I feel that the "twisting my words" representations is a bit dramatic at best, unfounded at worst. Especially after FA's clarification in 45. I see that you two don't agree, but I see no twisting.

If there's some valid word twisting that I'm missing, please enlighten me.
I am thinking it is intentional how he keeps turning "I did it to generate discussion", to "There was a need to proxy the vote".
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:55 pm

Post by pete d »

okay... FA voted you before you came back (i think). So it was based on the initial proxy, which was unusual, somewhat confusing. Basically you gave your vote to someone you supposedly don't know and shouldn't trust, just because they are good player. Basically, I think your idea was distracting, confusing and kinda pointless.

I'm finding your comments somewhat scummy, ie. your jumping on FA for voting you. I think FA did clarify his reasons pretty well.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:31 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

This whole "Discussion" I think is not really generating anything that will help us get scum. I don't, ATM, think SC would do this if he was mafia. Nietther does FA's attack seem especially scum. This whole proxy thing is just going to get townies lynched.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:37 pm

Post by Amb »

We could all proxy todays vote to Glork and see what he does with such power! Will he just vig someone at random, or will he just shake his head in utter disbelief. I doubt such a move would have ever been done before, and while the move would be crazy from a tactics point of view - I'd go with it just to scoop an award for most unusual day one of all time ;)
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:03 am

Post by StallingChamp »

pete d wrote:okay... FA voted you before you came back (i think). So it was based on the initial proxy, which was unusual, somewhat confusing.

He hasn't unvoted yet...

Basically you gave your vote to someone you supposedly don't know and shouldn't trust, just because they are good player.

Like I have said many times, do you honestly think Glork could have gotten away with doing ANYTHING with my vote?

Basically, I think your idea was distracting,

Please explain.

confusing

Ok, now you are either lying or just lazy.

and kinda pointless.

Again, please explain. Like I said, it got us out of the random stage, and into some real discussion on page 1.

I'm finding your comments somewhat scummy, ie. your jumping on FA for voting you.

I did it for his overall reaction, not just the vote. Note that even with my explanation, he has failed to back down or unvote.

I think FA did clarify his reasons pretty well.

So a scum could vote for you because your name ends in "d" as long as he clarifies his reasons pretty well?
My comments in bold
Show

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:51 am

Post by Glork »

Amb wrote:We could all proxy todays vote to Glork and see what he does with such power! Will he just vig someone at random, or will he just shake his head in utter disbelief. I doubt such a move would have ever been done before, and while the move would be crazy from a tactics point of view - I'd go with it just to scoop an award for most unusual day one of all time ;)
That'd be nothing new, really. It'd just be like making me King in a Kingmaker setup. In fact, I have a perfect track record as King to date. :P

Unfortunately, me finding scums usually results in me getting nightkilled pretty quickly, which I most certainly do
NOT
want to have happen.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:56 am

Post by Pink Princess »

SC wrote:I am thinking it is intentional how he keeps turning "I did it to generate discussion", to "There was a need to proxy the vote".
Yes, I saw that. But it was clarified here, makes sense, and yet you still keep throwing the twisting thing in. Valid accusations are one thing, but I'm not seeing any validity there.
FA wrote:Second, I would stick with letting Glork handle your arguments for you. In this sense of the word "needs" is clearly meant to indicate the town's needs and not your own. The so called change of reasoning you're trying to pin on me is a response to Glork's words and not your own.
I think massive jumping on any player who thought it was distracting and unnecessary play (Post 56, specifically) is a bit over the top. Personally, I think the proxy itself wasn't a big deal, but disagreeing with it certainly doesn't make you scum. Or scummy, for that matter.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:14 am

Post by Glork »

Unvote, Vote: pete d

Hi, scumbag. :)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:47 am

Post by Pink Princess »

Whatcha thinking, G?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:05 am

Post by Glork »

A) I find it odd that Pete D is accusing SC's posts of being scummy while leaving his (random) vote sitting around on DeanWinchester. Sometimes it's indicative of distancing, sometimes it's indicative of scum going after town, occasinally it's indicative of just bad pro-town play. When you move from "random" to "serious," you should almost always take your vote with you.
B) Pete let off one of my favorite scumtells that MeMe taught me way back in the day. Proposing or taking a bad stance (such as the one FA is taking, I feel) may or may not be scummy. Following someone else's lead on a bad stance (Pete not only agreeing with FA, but attacking SC for his response) is usually scummy.
C) I feel that, as SC pointed out, Pete overstated the "scumminess" of the proxy by calling it "distracting" and "confusing." Distracting from what? Random-Voting? What exactly is confusing about it?

Pete is pinging. Major hard.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:54 am

Post by Pink Princess »

A) Makes sense.
B) Aaah, I get you. I didn't see it that way. I don't agree with FA, but I also don't think his disagreement to the proxy indicates scum - it's (IMO) an overreaction and noteworthy, but at this point, that's all...and I read Pete the same way. But I see the whole following angle and that makes a lot of sense.
C) Makes sense.

Point B is a good observation.
Thanks for the breakdown.

(I'm coming off some sort of flu, apologies to all if I'm fuzzy)
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:27 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Unvote:blahgo
since Random Voting is over.

My view of this proxy arugment.

It's not much, and if it was done to generate discussion, then it certainly worked.

If StallingChamp sees fit to proxy his vote, then he can. We have full numbers, and so the chances that the proxy vote could be used as a double vote is unlikely, as well as highlighting Glork as scum if he attempted it.

And point, is there a difference between scum and scummy?
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:11 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

I'm not gonna elaborate any further on the proxy thing unless it's asked due to general sentiment of the town.

Yellowbounder:

Town----------Scummy---Scum
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:49 am

Post by Amb »

Unvote; Vote Pete D

Im going to follow Glork, since people seem to have unerring faith in him. Also for the irony of his statement "Following someone else's lead on a bad stance ... is usually scummy". Glork clearly doesn't think he is leading on a bad stance. :)
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:54 am

Post by pete d »

@SC: I wasn't siding with FA because of the initial proxy. I was siding with him because of your subsequent actions, that is, jumping on people who have criticised your idea. What has it done, really? a) put you on side with glork b) most people have said it was strange c) Given you somebody to jump onto for criticising it.
glork wrote:A) I find it odd that Pete D is accusing SC's posts of being scummy while leaving his (random) vote sitting around on DeanWinchester. Sometimes it's indicative of distancing, sometimes it's indicative of scum going after town, occasinally it's indicative of just bad pro-town play. When you move from "random" to "serious," you should almost always take your vote with you.
Yeah, I probably should have done that.
unvote
. I'll drop an
Fos: Amb
(that last post seemed a bit scummy to me).
vote: StallingChamp

I just woke up, I'll try and make more sense later. zzzz
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Pink Princess »

I think blindly following any stance is a bad thing.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by Glork »

Pink Princess wrote:I think blindly following any stance is a bad thing.
Generally, yes. But following a scummy/bad stance is usually worse... for what should be obvious reasons.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by StallingChamp »

pete d wrote:@SC: I wasn't siding with FA because of the initial proxy. I was siding with him because of your subsequent actions, that is, jumping on people who have criticised your idea. What has it done, really? a) put you on side with glork b) most people have said it was strange c) Given you somebody to jump onto for criticising it.

If you want to attack me, fine. Don't side with someone though. Seems like he's trying to be able to blend in with a croud later.

glork wrote:A) I find it odd that Pete D is accusing SC's posts of being scummy while leaving his (random) vote sitting around on DeanWinchester. Sometimes it's indicative of distancing, sometimes it's indicative of scum going after town, occasinally it's indicative of just bad pro-town play. When you move from "random" to "serious," you should almost always take your vote with you.
Yeah, I probably should have done that.
unvote
. I'll drop an
Fos: Amb
(that last post seemed a bit scummy to me).
vote: StallingChamp

Following instructions to look town AND some massive OMGUS all in one! Seems like Glork was right.

I just woke up, I'll try and make more sense later. zzzz

Seems like you're trying to say "Uhhh...let me think this over to get a better story, while posting half-asleep so I don't lurk and so I have an excuse of why the post seems scummy."
Glork was on to something.
Unvote, Vote: pete d
Show

pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:11 pm

Post by pete d »

StallingChamp wrote:
1. I did it for his overall reaction, not just the vote. Note that even with my explanation, he has failed to back down or unvote.

2. So a scum could vote for you because your name ends in "d" as long as he clarifies his reasons pretty well?

3. If you want to attack me, fine. Don't side with someone though. Seems like he's trying to be able to blend in with a croud later.

4. Following instructions to look town AND some massive OMGUS all in one! Seems like Glork was right.
1. FA has already explained and clarified his reasons for voting you. As for your explanation, I still think that you were too keen to attack FA. Surely you expected SOME criticism of your play.

2. This is the worst logic I have ever seen.

3. and 4. Extreme hypocrisy. Not only have you completely sided with Glork, as shown repeatedly in your posts, but you are also guilty of extreme OMGUSing against FA.

SC, you look so so scummy to me right now.
Amb wrote: Im going to follow Glork, since people seem to have unerring faith in him. Also for the irony of his statement "Following someone else's lead on a bad stance ... is usually scummy". Glork clearly doesn't think he is leading on a bad stance.
How is this a good reason to vote somebody. (then again, it does smack of irony, so i can't tell whether she's serious or not).
Amb
Amb
Goon
Amb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:21 pm

Post by Amb »

Yes there was a sense of irony Mrs D, (or is the Miss D)
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:21 pm

Post by StallingChamp »

pete d wrote:1. FA has already explained and clarified his reasons for voting you. As for your explanation, I still think that you were too keen to attack FA. Surely you expected SOME criticism of your play.

Of course, I expected scum to jump on me and scum did.

2. This is the worst logic I have ever seen.

It was an exageration to show that craplogic is still craplogic even if its explained.

3. and 4. Extreme hypocrisy. Not only have you completely sided with Glork, as shown repeatedly in your posts, but you are also guilty of extreme OMGUSing against FA.

I have not sided with Glork, I share the same opinion as him. I have even outright stated that I don't want Glork to talk for me. As for the OMGUS accusation, I have very good reasons for voting FA. If a scum votes you with poor reasoning, I do not consider it OMGUS to jump on him. As for you, I fail to see any reasoning of your own to vote me.

SC, you look so so scummy to me right now.

You look like scum to me.
Comments in bold. Also, do not quote me and change the quote without explaining that you did please.
Show

Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:02 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

/buries head in hands
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:43 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

This is So going no where. At least it did seem to give pete D a chance to look scumie.
Unvote: Pink Princess

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”