GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Restriction Mafia III - Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:54 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Over the past few weeks, mafias have been popping up all over. In cities across the countryside: from idle Vallensburg to the larger Garren’s Creek, towns across the country have had mafias formed by angry citizens. Some succeeded, and some failed. The largest attacks seemed to take place at Turroville and Townelle, moderately large towns located in the southern fields. Luckily, both failed (well, Townelle did fall to a ‘Duo Killer’ faction, but that’s not really a mafia).

Now, our attention shifts to the proud city of Capitalismo. The capital city, it’s a shining city overlooking everything else, with large buildings, happy people, and amazing leadership, under the head of Governor Scott Zelchmen. Everything seems fine. At least, it was, until the governor held an emergency meeting.

“Citizens of Capitalismo, today I have shocking news. I have received word from that the towns of Turroville and Townelle have both been hit by mafias. I also suspect that the mafia may strike here next.

Whether or not these attacks are related is not our concern. What is, however, is that measures be taken to prevent such a disaster here. A messenger from the countryside, however, has a plan. To avoid being put on the mafia’s hit list, his identity will not be revealed.”

The messenger then took the podium. He was greeted with cheers from the audience.

“Thank you, citizens of Capitalismo. According to my research, the people of Townelle used a lynching system to resolve the problem. While that may seem barbaric, according to my papers here, the same was done at Turroville with excellent results. So, what I’m saying is, we should try it here.”

“I’m not so sure,” said the mayor, “I was thinking more of trying...”

“Do you want everyone here to die, or not?” asked the stranger, “The mafia is smart, cunning, sneaky, cruel, and will use every trick in the book to achieve victory. To prevent us from being screwed over, we’ll can your investigative method and try lynching. OK?”

“I’ve brought with me this computerized device,” the stranger said, showing a fancy gizmo. “This device will be able to detect if any of us says ‘Vote: Person.” When the alarm goes off, whoever’s name is on the screen gets lynched. Obviously, the alarm goes off when majority is reached.”

“Still,” said the governor, “this crude system is far below the ethics of-“

“Screw ethics!” shouted someone from the crowd, “We want blood! If the mafia thinks they can just come in here and kill innocents, they can think again!”

“Precisely what I was thinking,” said the messenger. “If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to do some more research on the history of such occurrences.”

The mayor, outmatched by the arguments of the people, was forced to go with the lynching method. They began to charge up the batteries of the vote count device just in case.

-----------------
Arriving at his hotel room, the messenger hung up his coat, before turning and seeing two people standing right behind him.

Both of them had guns, but besides looking like they just got out of the hospital, looked oddly familiar. However, they didn’t fire the guns. They instead identified the stranger and holstered their weapons.

“So,” asked one of them, “how’d it go?”

“Hook, line, and sinker,” the messenger replied, “give someone some device to make something easier, and they’ll probably do what you want.”

“It’s getting dark,” said the other stranger, “we’d better get out there. Who do you think we need to take out first?”

“I don’t know. But no matter what, this is going to be freaking hilarious.”

PLAYERS

ALIVE

6) Mariyta
replaced StallingChamp, who replaced Oberon

7) bertrand
8) Mastermind of Sin
15) EmpTyger
replaced Lordy

22) Skruffs
replaced W!nt3r, who replaced Sotty7

DECEASED

13) ChannelDelibird (Rue Dass/Goon) Lynched Day 1
10) three word name (AOL Chatter/Message Sender) Blown up Day 1
24) kirbyphreak (The Spammer/Power-Upper) Shot Night 2
21) ziliu (Top Secret Agent/Missions) Lynched? Day 2
17) spectrumvoid (Secret Agent/Vig) Blown up Day 2
18) Primate (Small Furde Guy/Power-Upper) Shot Night 3
11) CrashTextDummy (CPEG/Buildup SK) Lynched Day 3
4) Rosso Carne (Trio Killer #1/Mafia) Exploded Day 3
16) Cogito Ergo Sum (Minus/Mason) Exploded Day 3
3) Twomz (Evil Steve/Goon) Exploded Day 3
20) DrippingGoofball (Mario/Inventor) Blown up Day 3
14) neongrey (Court Recorder/Forensics Cop) Shot Night 4
9) Nightson (Return of Kamakazi/Kamakazi) Blown up Day 4
19) M4yhem (Pikachu/Cop) Shot Night 5
1) IH (Trio Killer #2/Mafia) Lynched Day 5
12) ShadowLurker (Mathematician/Townie) Blown up Day 5
2) Ether (Ultimate Inventor Guy/Inventor) Shot Night 6
5) Thok (The Mayor's Advisor/Godfather) 'Lynched' Day 6
23) Smashy (Scooby-Doo/Tracker) Blown up Day 6
Last edited by GreenLiquid on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 37 times in total.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:56 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

TECHNICAL RULES

1- In order for a lynch to occur, a majority vote, rounding up, must be made against a particular lynch candidate. The second that majority is reached, that person is considered dead and may say nothing more game related. If for whatever reason you want to vote ‘no lynch,’ ask your friendly neighborhood mod if it’s allowed.
2- Twilight is officially defined as the time after a majority has been reached but before the lynch scene has been posted. This isn’t the Webster’s definition, it’s my definition. But of course my definition is oh so more important.
3- If your role says you can talk with other people, you can, but only with whom it says and only when it says. If the role does not say you can talk with other people, all communication about this game MUST stay in this thread until the game is over.
4- As soon as you are dead (reached majority vote or killed in a night scene or day-kill scene), you are dead. You may post nothing game related (not even a suspicion) beyond this point. You may make one ‘Bah’ post, but it should contain nothing that could potentially alter the outcome of the game.
5- Day deadlines may be imposed upon the town if day has lasted too long, players are inactive, or if the mod finds reason to do so. If a majority is not reached before the deadline hits, the day will end in a No Lynch. If a No Lynch is for whatever reason disallowed, the person with the most votes is lynched (in case of tie, one of the tied chosen at random).
6- Night deadlines are always imposed. You have until this deadline to get in your night choice, if you have one. If you need night to be extended for whatever reason, PM me and I’ll see what I can do.
7-
Important:
The mod reserves the right to modify these rules or your role at any time without advance warning. This particularly applies if you attempt to find a loophole in your role or post restriction. So don’t try to do that.

MOD RULES

1- Bold your votes, bold your unvotes. You do want them to be counted, right? In addition, unvote before revoting. It’ll make my life (and yours) much easier.
2-
NEVER
ever quote your role, or any part of any PM I send you. Period. You may paraphrase these PMs unless I tell you not to. Failure to heed this rule will result in a modkill. Not kidding here. What, did you think I was?
3- If, during any night, you do not wish to make a night choice, please inform me of this. It’ll make night go faster, so you can all get back to your little wild goose chase funhouse.
4- If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time (72 hours or more), I’d appreciate it if you’d post a notice in the thread. You could post a notice in V/LA, but there’s a chance that I might not notice it and end up replacing you for inactivity or something. Yeah, I’m not omniscient, ok?
5- If you are not actually going to be gone, try to post often. Every day would be ideal, but this is probably not possible for many of you, so just try to do so whenever you have spare time and access to mafiascum. Oversleeping townies are a real pain in the rear, y’know?
6- And of course, please be nice to everyone. That includes me. I may be the mod, but I’m a person too. Of course, a few cuss words here and there are nothing, as long as we’re not directly insulting people with them. That wouldn’t be very nice, would it?
no

7- Don’t edit your posts. No, don’t even think about it. YOU HEARD ME! Just because that ‘edit’ button is crying out to you after you just noticed a glaring Freudian Slip in your post does not mean you should listen to Mr. Edit Button and give him a click. NO!
8- Have you ever heard of people talking invisibly? Does that even make sense? Didn’t think so. That means that invisible, super-tiny, and screwy-character text is not allowed. You can hide little secret messages in your posts if you want to, but don’t come crying to me if the town finds your message to your scum buddies hidden in every 4th letter of your post.
9-
THE MOD IS YOUR SUPREME DESPOT LEADER! OBEY HIM!
The mod may have specific instructions based on certain game mechanics and things like that. Although you may not understand their function, they are there for a reason, so obey them. In addition, there are some rules that I cannot actually directly enforce, so I’ll have to use the honors system. Just obey the rules, and we’ll all get along, and I won’t have to strike anyone down. Ok? Ok.
10- And of course, the exceptions rule. There’s an exception to every rule, and these rules are included. Based on certain game mechanics and whatnot, there is a chance that there may be exceptions, additions, or exemptions to these rules. If something I say in thread or by PM conflicts with these rules, whatever I said will most likely be correct. These rules were designed to be uniform to most games I run and as such may not accurately represent all role mechanics, so read what I have to say in thread and in your role PM carefully. Your diligence will be rewarded.
11- HAVE FUN!! This rule is perhaps the most important. Well, scratch that, number 9 is. Yeah.

SPECIAL POST RESTRICTION RULES

1- This is a Post Restriction Mafia game. This means that most, if not all, roles will have a restriction. A ‘restriction’ is defined as some sort of limitation or requirement attached to your posts. You are expected to follow your restriction as closely as possible.
2- Have fun with your restriction! Spice things up and make things flavorful, which will make the game so much more fun to play.
3- I will be treating slip-ups with a three strike system. You have two ‘warnings’ before I will have to replace you or modkill you. This doesn’t always apply: in some cases you may have to be immediately modkilled if you mess up (based on the impact it may have on the game), so as a general rule follow your restrictions. Also note that the three strike system is only for mistakes: if it’s obvious that you intentionally defied your post restriction, it’s possible you’ll be immediately replaced or modkilled. If you try to use the warning system or whatever to try to confirm yourself, well, then you’re just asking for it.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:00 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

RESOURCES

1) Post Restriction Mafia I

2) Post Restriction Mafia II

You may find the previous two games in the trilogy helpful to read, so dig in!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:22 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

I'm going to start sending out roles now, but there's a chance I might have to stop before they have all been sent.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:41 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

I will be sending out all remaining roles now. For now, it is Confirm & Night 1 time! Please send in your choices at this time.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:10 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

All roles are now out. Night 1!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:17 pm

Post by GreenLiquid »

Missing 4 confirms. They are due tommorow at 6:00PM, or else I will be replacing.

Prodding anyone who hasn't confirmed.
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:45 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Since we've got our confirms in, I will set a Night 1 deadline for tommorow at 1:00PM (EST). Get your choices in!
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:05 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

Everyone awakes. It is DAY 1 of the tragedy that is to follow. You head to the town square to see Governor Scott Zelchmen holding a piece of paper.

"Citizens!" he shouts, "I have here undeniable evidence of a mafia!"

Although the evidence was indeed undeniable, it seemed odd that nobody was killed last night.

Not only that, but the ever-resourceful governor also had with him another document which confirmed bertrand as a mod-confirmed innocent.

With this, you begin your lynching procedure.

24 Alive, 12 to Lynch.
Last edited by GreenLiquid on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:12 am

Post by Twomz »

LIGHTS!! CAMERA!!!
Vote: M4yhem
ACTION!!
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:17 am

Post by M4yhem »

cHu pIka!

Pika pika?

CHU!
Vote:Twomz
pikachu! :twisted:
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:28 am

Post by Ether »

Needing mod-confirming is totally a sign of weakness.
I'm
so blatantly innocent that I don't
need
it.

Vote: M4yhem
. If speaking in Pikachu is your restriction...it's just so harsh it seems unreal. Aside from saying "HI" and voting, can you communicate?
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:29 am

Post by Primate »

Hello there, Noble citizens of Capitalismo!

I AM SMALL FURDE MAN!!!!!!!!

*flys around a bit*

I get my mighty power from SMALL FURDE!!!! A substance which not only has this odd property of granting Superpowers, it also is a really, really cool shade of pink (most of the time).

*Lifts fire engine*

SMALL FURDE FTW!!!!!!!

I have embraced the power of SMALL FURDE (which has a density over 300 times that of lead, if you were wondering).

In this time of great need for Capitalismo, I have shed the weak form that is known as Primate, and I hereby wish for every law-abiding citizen to refer to me as SMALL FURDE MAN!!!!!

NOW, WHO WISHES TO JOIN ME IN A GLASS OF SMALL FURDE?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:34 am

Post by M4yhem »

:lol:
Ether wrote: Aside from saying "HI" and voting, can you communicate?
chU. Pika piKa PikA, chu pika pikachu, Pika pika pika. Chu?
pikachu, pika chu.
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:38 am

Post by Smashy »

A ròkemon? I ronder rif Shaggy had rany ròkeballs... anyways,
Rote: three rord name
, ruz he has a different rolor in the player rist

PPE: Small Rurde? Rowered by Scooby Snacks? I rant! :D
ubertimmy
ubertimmy
Goon
ubertimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:39 am

Post by ubertimmy »

hi, guys! the goal of the game is to lynch scum, right? so if anyone is scum, could they claim now? thanks :)

i need to tell the town something, so scum, please scroll past this post (I marked with warnings so you don't accidentally see anything)

IF YOU ARE SCUM DO NOT READ THIS:

WARNING DONT READ IF YOU ARE SCUM

!!TOWN ONLY CAN READ THIS!!

ok town, here's a secret plan, if you are wagoned and you're not scum, be like, I'm not scum! so we'll know! ok!? hopefully we can win this guys :)

!!ENDING TOWN ONLY READING ZONE!!

SCUM MAY READ AGAIN!!!

ok, so, i don't know who scum is yet, so i'm not going to vote yet. i'll vote when i see who scum is :).
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:03 pm

Post by Primate »

Ubertimmy, do you want some Small Furde? Its not only pink, cute, and cuddly, but it gives you fire breathing. Seriously, try some.

@Smashy: Small Rurde? Try some Small Furde. It increases your abilty to say Velarised Labials 100%.

Seriously, as SMALL FURDE MAN!!!!, I've got oodles of the stuff. Anyone who wants any, just ask. Hell, it's my duty as a protector of you fine folk to hand this stuff out. It does you the world of good, honest. It once gave a mouse the abilty to eat a kangaroo without getting indigestion, so imagine what it could do for you!!!

@Mayhem: 26 variations of 'Pikachu' only in your next post please. SMALL FURDE!!! can do a lot of stuff, but it requires a translation key to do so.
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:22 pm

Post by neongrey »

Okay, so GL opened the game with some flavour text, then gave the rules. He then proceeded to give links to the prior games. He notified us that he was sending out PMs, then let us know we were in confirm/night 1. He then said that all roles were out, then said he was missing 4 confirms, and provided a deadline. He then set a night one deadline for the following day. He then informed us that it was now day, and that there was no kill during the night, but that Bertrand was confirmed innocent.

Twomz, appearing to be a director, then random voted M4yhem. M4yhem, clearly Pikachu then voted Twomz in return. Ether, having some sort of Reggie Mantle complex, voted for M4yhem, not buying the Pikachu restriction.

Then Primate, aka Small Furde Man, announced that he gains powers from something called Small Furde, which apparently is pink, incredibly dense, and grants super powers. He then offered to share this drink around.

M4yhem then responded to Ether, in pikas. Smashy, Scooby Doo, then voted for three word name, for being a different colour in the list.

ubertimmy, in some restriction that I'm not entirely certain I follow, then kindly requested that scum identify themselves, and that if someone who isn't scum becomes a bandwagon target, would they please let us know that they're not scum.

Primate then offered everyone else some small furde, extolling its virtues. He then requested that m4yhem provide a distinctive means of identifying his pika-ing.

And in this post, neongrey
vote
ed for
kirbyphreak
entirely randomly.
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:42 pm

Post by bertrand »

VOTE M4YHEM
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by Twomz »

CUT!!! Ok, Good good. I'm really feeling the EMOTION coming from this scene... but what we need more of is... is... something dramatic! We have to stay away from the normal plot lines, and go right into it! Mkay? So, Day 1, we need to have a scum die. That'll give us a good starting platform to lead off of for the rest of the scenes.

Also, I'M NOT PAYING YOU TO BE EXTRAS!!! I'M PAYING YOU TO ACT!!! If you don't start speakin up, yer outta here!

I LOVE the enthusiasm primate, ;).

K, lets try this again... WITH FEELING!!! AAAANANNNND, ACTION!
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:57 pm

Post by Primate »

Twomz wrote:CUT!!! Ok, Good good. I'm really feeling the EMOTION coming from this scene... but what we need more of is... is... something dramatic! We have to stay away from the normal plot lines, and go right into it! Mkay? So, Day 1, we need to have a scum die. That'll give us a good starting platform to lead off of for the rest of the scenes.

Also, I'M NOT PAYING YOU TO BE EXTRAS!!! I'M PAYING YOU TO ACT!!! If you don't start speakin up, yer outta here!

I LOVE the enthusiasm primate, ;).

K, lets try this again... WITH FEELING!!! AAAANANNNND, ACTION!
I would genuinely appreciate it if you refer to me as SMALL FURDE MAN!!!! from here on in. Small Furde gives me both my LAZER VISION!!! and my total invunrablity to the common cold!!! Not to mention my rampant super hero libido!!!

Seriously guys, refer to me as Small Furde man. I can, and will bring it up every time you don't. Primate has been shedded, and I am reborn through the power of... well y'know...

SMALL FURDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*eats a bus*
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:22 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Really cool! Awesome! I'm not slacking. Dreaming about orange-striped monkeys...
vote:neongrey
Blank.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:26 pm

Post by Ether »

Who needs small furde? I mean, I'm such a genius that I can build a robot out of cardboard and two paperclips. Without a kit. I guess maybe other people might need it.

Twomz, you're paying us? I demand a raise. That really dramatic smoke machine took me ten entire minutes, you know. Anyway, your presence reminds me of a game where you were changed into a moogle and used a Morse Code translator. I don't trust M4yhem's restriction, but he at least should be able to speak properly--it'd feel wrong to be so skeptical of someone that couldn't defend itself. Checking that.

Ah.

M4yhem--if you must use such an...unlikely restriction, this page can help you. It's almost as ingenious as something I'd write. Get a code; use Replace on Notepad. Like, "Pika" for "." and "chu" for "-". And preferably add capitalization and fit that link into your posts for people reading it.

Oh, and it should probably be clarified that you're allowed to do that first. GreenLiquid did have a rule on loopholes.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
kirbyphreak
kirbyphreak
Goon
kirbyphreak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:34 pm

Post by kirbyphreak »

OMGROFLPWND! 1ST POST!!1!!1!1! ZOMG! Neongrey voted for me? OH NOES!
Random vote: Rosso Carne
. Pikachu. Lol.
I thought it was a turkey, I swear to God!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:38 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

It’s-a me, Mario! Hey, I am so happy to be here, eh? My mamma, she iza wit me, eh, and she loveza you guys, and she iza making deh spaghetti for everybody-eh? Why donta you sita at da table, eh? Put on your bibs-a.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”