Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5300 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:08 am

Post by Oversoul »

I think the setup was balanced but then again, I died D1 so...

The town knew that it would never likely reach anywhere close to a traditional mafia win given the unique wincondition. I don't really see the problem other than not knowing completely how close to losing the town was at a given time. Although that seems to be common. :shifty:
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #5301 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:16 am

Post by UberNinja »

This town was lolfail. Especially Tierce.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5302 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:17 am

Post by Oversoul »

Not making any friends, Uber...
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5303 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:20 am

Post by Timeater »

watch for the eggshells
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #5304 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:39 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 5297, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:First off I do want to apologize for not counter-claiming LLD near immediately, guess there's a reason the conventional wisdom is understood to be conventional. I guess if I was designing the setup I would've done several things differently and that biased my perspective.

This group is completely useless and went into turn their brain off mode way too early: ToastyToast, Magister Ludi, danakillsu, Katsuki, and Nikanor. Because I was signalling town as hard and as often as I know how.

Tierce and Glork hurt because they were both right for so much of the critical day. Tierce was probably the only reason we got as close as we did on D7 standing behind me and then for her to flop on me hurt. And Glork was right about one of LLD/DDD being scum which I didn't want to accept and he even got which one of us was scum right initially but then hammered me basically to get any lynch instead of the right lynch.

~~

Vi, I think I mentioned it in passing but while I agree with the neccesity of the modkill it was something where you completely outsmarted yourself and created a potential hazard where one didn't need to exist. Additionally, while the core of the game might have been interesting to rehabilitate I'm not sure it works that well even after rehab. Furthermore, the blue numbers of doom was a completely bad idea; with the battery mechanic the town has some idea of what to expect, here we were completely in the dark and designing a mechnic around how a single town behaved to a different mechanic probably isn't the best idea.

Absolutely no regrets in playing the game in terms of design or playerbase but if offered the chance to do it again I probably would not accept.

You made a critical error in the game. 3, actually.

Not counterclaiming me
Postulating I could be town
Claiming Crimea (though you couldn't know this would be a mistake).

Beyond that, you played a lot better than... Say.... Dana? Nik? ML? Uber?

A lot of townies who weren't so townie.

I want to apologize for all the mudslinging on that last day. I felt it was necessary to achieve my wincon, and I might have gone a little far?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5305 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:04 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Losing does not get fist pumps. Though it was great to break that wagon without claiming and I was impressed that you were actually willing to make that dynamic read. Too many players, including good ones and myself, are too stubborn when things change.

In post 5304, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:You made a critical error in the game. 3, actually.

Not counterclaiming me
Postulating I could be town
Claiming Crimea (though you couldn't know this would be a mistake).

Beyond that, you played a lot better than... Say.... Dana? Nik? ML? Uber?

A lot of townies who weren't so townie.

I want to apologize for all the mudslinging on that last day. I felt it was necessary to achieve my wincon, and I might have gone a little far?

I mean the first was obviously a critical error. I actually don't think the second was an error in that it could've been true and if say I'd pushed you as scum on D7 I think I would've been lynched without a second thought becuase why didn't I counterclaim if I thought you were not town? I mean maybe I should've called you scum when you went into meltdown and made the post that tricked Tierce because I thought that was a scum post but at that point the game had basically been decided except for the tears. And the last, I can't say an honest claim with the information I had was a mistake, I did a better job of keeping quiet until the last possible moment than basically anyone else.

I find the yelling in the post that you made that swayed Tierce exceedingly tedious but I didn't actually bother reading it because of that but personally I have no issues with anything you said.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5306 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:08 am

Post by implosion »

I also would like to say this though:

Vi, this was a hell of a game from a moderation standpoint, and you did that with almost zero mistakes (i can't think of any in particular other than spyrex's role pm). So kudos on that. Vote counts were timely (and they really had to be with this mechanic), etc.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5307 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:11 am

Post by danakillsu »

I think this setup was almost impossible for town to win. We did an awful lot of stuff right and still lost despite an enormous amount of town players still being alive. But I replaced in because I saw a need that didn't look likely to be filled very soon (a game with a lot of pages). The one thing I did right was to eliminate myself in everyone's minds from being scum by dropping hints for MaguaofIllusion to mason me. Other than that, my slot was pretty much a coasting one.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #5308 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:37 am

Post by SpyreX »

DDD

You still my bro <3

And I actually now looked at the error because I'm slow and saw that in classic silliness it was only me who had nationhate.

HUZZAH
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #5309 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:39 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

This game is simply further proof that late-miller claims should be met with rope immediately ...
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #5310 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:01 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 5309, MagnaofIllusion wrote:This game is simply further proof that late-miller claims should be met with rope immediately ...

We need more evidence?

I don't think they EVER come from town.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #5311 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:30 am

Post by Glork »

In post 2106, Glork wrote:Looking at UN's voting history (Oversoul, Tammy, Tierce, Oman, Toasty, Oman, MoI, Alchemist, Gamma, Oman)...

Oversoul - Town
Tammy - Probstown
Tierce - Town
Oman - Possible scum
Toasty - Town
MoI - Probstown
Alchemist - Town
Gamma - Null-to-town? IDFK.

....combined with his profound inability to understand that this is multiball based solely on the protown win condition...

...equals likely scum.

PEDIT: Wait. Someone thinks I'm scum? Bahahahahaha. Did you miss the part, Dana, during D1 where I was essentially confirmed town? Apparently so...

In post 3255, Glork wrote:
In post 3253, UberNinja wrote:Why am I pretty likely to be scum?

Anyone.

In post 3247, Glork wrote:I really don't. When I look at
(1)
his voting history,
(2)
his contributions (or general lack thereof),
(3)
his attitude towards voting & wagons & lynches,
(4)
his lack of understanding of what it means to have the protown win condition,
(5)
his "I haven't kept up on the game, treat me with kid gloves" attitude while trying to tell the town what they should and shouldn't do, none of it adds up to a protown UN.
(6)
There is so much charade, and so little genuine production, that I can NOT accept that he's just a terrible, useless, but ultimately protown player.

Ahem.

In post 3273, Glork wrote:Also, re: kid gloves.

In post 2580, UberNinja wrote:Ok, I will admit I haven't been paying a lot of attention to this game...

So for me Nikanor, your boyfriend for a day, will you please explain: why the DDD quickwagon?
Maybe I'm dense, maybe it's something totally fucking obvious, but I have no idea what this is.
I wanna try to get back into the game, and you helping me out will help me out a lot. Helpfully.

Thanks.

In post 2591, UberNinja wrote:WHY was it obvious? I wasn't paying attention.

Vote: DDD
for the lulz I guess (mostly because Nik said so, Glork not so much), but I want to actually try to get into the game and be useful at some point, so if somebody would explain to me like I was a raw fuckin newbie, that'd be perfectamundo
In post 2595, UberNinja wrote:Also I'm not in the mood to search through 175 spyrex posts for a claim. Throw me a bone here?
In post 2598, UberNinja wrote:Yeah, fuck that. I'm not doing that much work. Help me be helpful or fuck you, Glork! :(

Nobody should have to fucking HELP you be helpful. You're not a raw fucking newbie. You have a brain that functions at least well enough to string together coherent sentences, you have two eyes, and a live internet connection.

You cannot act like it's everyone ELSE'S responsibility for YOUR lack of contributions. That's scummy as fuck. You're obviously aware that you're completely fucking useless, but you want to make it everyone else's issue.

And then
IMMEDIATELY AFTER THAT SHITSTORM OF GARBAGE POSTING ABOUT HOW YOU NEED HELP GETTING INTO THE GAME
, you post THIS:
In post 2601, UberNinja wrote:
In post 2250, SpyreX wrote:Oman needs to die at some point.

The fuck? You want Oman, who was obviously the town counterwagon to the Nexus-scum-lynch dead still?

No. Absofuckinglutely not.

In post 3286, Glork wrote:In the meantime, UberNinja, please respond to this and explain your thoughts in Posts 2655 and 3260. Why did you push for more votes when DDD was at L-2, and LATER say the wagon was moving too fast?

In post 3270, Tierce wrote:Av, you magical pirate lemon you. <3

in no way matches with the train of thought supposedly displayed in his actual posts. Let me remind you:

In post 2623, Vi wrote:
Mini Vote Count (25):
Leonardo and Edward
:right: Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-2) ~ Nikanor, Glork, Magister Ludi, MaguaofIllusion, UberNinja, Alchemist, GreyICE, danakillsu, singersigner, Katsuki
SpyreX (L-12) ~
Alchemist

Not Voting:
Alchemist,
Teleporting Speed Hippos, Debonair Danny DiPietro, kanyeknowsbest, Gammagooey,
Glork,
Benmage, Hinduragi,
Katsuki,
Lady Lambdadelta,
Magister Ludi, MaguaofIllusion, Nikanor,
Rhinox,
GreyICE, singersigner,
SpyreX, Tammy, Tierce, ToastyToast,
UberNinja, danakillsu

--With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

The only vote change is then my first post of the day, in which I vote UN. He reacts immediately.
In post 2655, UberNinja wrote:Hey Tierce that's a really cool vote, and I'mma let you finish, but DDD's one of the coolest wagons of ALL TIME.
In post 3260, UberNinja wrote:2. Wow, this wagon is going way too fast.

So... cheering on a wagon at L-2, continue to push it until he unvoted it in , and now he claims he thought the wagon was going too fast?

This is scum. It needs rope.

PEdit: Oh look, a post to report.

In post 3577, Glork wrote:Oh oh oh oh, UN also tried to discredit me by saying "Glork has never read me as scum," when I've only played one day of one game with him.

That's cheeky scumfuck play right there.

In this thread, UN calls the kettle black.

He never once voted for scum.
His tracking targets were generally fucking awful.
He did not do his protown responsibility and A) Read his own fucking win condition; or B) Pay attention to what was gonig on around him in terms of mechanics discussion
He used cheeky weasel-wording to try to discredit the people who legitimately called him scummy.

And then he's like "HAY DIS TOWN WAS FAIL, ESP TIERCE!" in postgame.

And then he wonders why people don't take him seriously and/or want him policy lynched/vigged and/or treat him like a terrible mafia player. :(
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5312 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:31 am

Post by Nexus »

Yeah, glass houses etc etc
Trans rights are human rights.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #5313 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:32 am

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: I stand corrected. UN did vote Nexus after TSH counter-claimed. So once he voted for scum. After that, he also voted DDD-town, and Nikanor-town. AND AND AND AAAAAAAND he self-voted when he was being run up!

BASTION of good mafia play right there.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5314 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:34 am

Post by Nexus »

He voted for me, but remember I was caught out and obvscum. I wouldn't give him credit for his vote on me.
Trans rights are human rights.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #5315 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:37 am

Post by Glork »

I do want to apologize to DDD for choosing wrong on the last day. I was really debating back and forth. I really didn't expect LLD to be going RAWR FULL 1V1 MODE because DDD was the last target. Pretty much everyone had (erroneously) concluded that Tammy was a target... that was really what tipped me back to voting DDD, and obviously in retropsect I'm really frustrated that I didn't push LLD harder.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #5316 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:37 am

Post by Glork »

In post 5314, Nexus wrote:He voted for me, but remember I was caught out and obvscum. I wouldn't give him credit for his vote on me.

Yeah, that's why I said after TSH counter-claimed you. :p
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5317 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:00 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 5315, Glork wrote:I do want to apologize to DDD for choosing wrong on the last day. I was really debating back and forth. I really didn't expect LLD to be going RAWR FULL 1V1 MODE because DDD was the last target. Pretty much everyone had (erroneously) concluded that Tammy was a target... that was really what tipped me back to voting DDD, and obviously in retropsect I'm really frustrated that I didn't push LLD harder.

Like I said, you and Tierce get a pass from the rest of the clowns who voted me because while they sucked you both were large reasons why we even had a chance on D7. It makes things personally disappointing that you went against your better instincts (mostly I think because with the move your personal life is hectic) and took the easy lynch but part of the problem was that we didn't know we were in LYLO. Nothing to apologize for, just do better next time.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #5318 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:08 am

Post by Tierce »

I'm sorry, DDDP. LLD's post was pretty much a way of swaying
me
in particular, and I should have paid more attention to the rest of events. :( I didn't expect you to be the last target, I thought we had more time, and she made sense. I usually pick logic over gut, and it seemed so logical at the time.

With that said, lol UN. Learn to play, learn not to sling personal insults, and then we can talk.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #5319 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:59 am

Post by Katsuki »

I'm not getting exactly how me not getting any town feelings from you makes me braindead, DDD. :/

Your postulations of LLD-town in a day where it was pretty much either you or LLD was odd too, felt like you wanted to delay the country cop flips.
And the CONFIRMABLE ROLE and how you went about claiming just felt scummier than LLD.

Oh well.
UN, you really need to try and stop thinking that everyone is out to get you... I mean, I knew that the shit you did coming from you was more likely to be town, but tbh, that list looked entirely like a scum tracker list...
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5320 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:54 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Great game! I thought we had it, but wasn't expecting DDD to be on the list.

Great flavor also. Still didn't get the number thing, but liked the story.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5321 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:16 am

Post by Timeater »

Sephiran Role Pm for one of the largest Role PM's ever in the history of MS?
watch for the eggshells
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #5322 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:35 am

Post by UberNinja »

ahahahahaha look at Glork sticking up for Tierce

such a cute widdo couple
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #5323 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:44 am

Post by Vi »

In post 5321, Timeater wrote:Sephiran Role Pm for one of the largest Role PM's ever in the history of MS?
Seraph roles.

I really don't think I have much else to say about the setup since I'd basically be repeating myself. It was what it was. I did my best.

@SpyreX: Actually, you weren't the only person who didn't have a nation explicitly mentioned. So, that wasn't an error. But, you were the only person who got it in green text, which would lead you to believe etc. So, more minor but still relevant misunderstanding than expected, etc.

And, if everyone doesn't mind me breaking character slightly...
To all the people who feel a need to continue make other people justify themselves:
Thanks for playing, now
get out
before I lose even more respect for you.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #5324 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:58 am

Post by UberNinja »

I'm just pushin' buttons, Vi. No need to get too upset.

Tierce and Glork, you guys did ok for the most part. Lynching me was a mistake though, as myself and a lot of people could have told you. Did my play leave a lot to be desired? Hell yeah. Was my lynch stupid? Also hell yeah.

I'm not gonna pretend I can take any high road here when all I've done is troll you for the last day or so I was alive, but god damn, you guys couldn't see that DDD was fucking obvious town? Holy shit! He was complete obvtown after post 2700. What's done is done though.

Good game to LLD. You did what it took and nobody should be getting on your back for your mudslinging. I liked how much advantage you took of the confusion regarding my slot, that was well played. You deserve the win even if all of your team doesn't.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”