SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:23 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm fine with Nexus BUT I would like someone to explain why its so hard to get Oman lynched.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:26 am

Post by Gammagooey »

although to be fair I think his katsuki tunnelling is also much more likely to come from grey-scum too so it wouldn't be completely "he defended a scumbuddy therefore death".

oman is hard to lynch because wagons not on the top votee are EFFORT and oman is generally a cool guy that people know and don't want out of the game for any reason aside from him looking scummy.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:34 am

Post by SpyreX »

I actually used words though
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:35 am

Post by Glork »

In post 2247, Tierce wrote:Glork: Where did you get that Vi doesn't like straight doctors?

General sentiment/experience... although it's a completely valid point that Nexus did
not
claim to be a regular doctor.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:35 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

Guys.

Nexus claims Ike, main character thingy, ok, that's sort of null. Insinuates he's on the scum hitlist if true, but Vi would be all about picking major characters and leaving them out so that they can be fakeclaimed so whatev.

Claims a (from reactions) unexpected power for Ike: Still null, either real claim or Vi-provided fakeclaim.

Claims doctor, and specifically a doctor who can protect Tierce: Leave him the fuck alone, let him protect Tierce and keep her from dying.

I'm agreeing with Ludi again, and it's making me all =/

@Duplicity:
Nexus *did* lurk his way through ASoS, so not seeing where you said he didn't. He got wagoned for pretty much the exact same thing there as here, claimed town roleblocker, wagon fell apart, he got NK'ed by scum. At this point, that'd be the ideal ending to this.

In the meantime, Grey seems to be trying to hard against Glork and it doesn't sit right. I can understand Glork's reaction to Grey, but I can't understand Grey's reaction to Glork. LLD's reaction is so meh it's kind of painful.

Re: Oman. Oman's being replaced. Votes for him are pointless unless we're going to lynch with no claim (which we're not) or until he's replaced. In the meantime, Avenging Angel needs to provide. 8 days, literally the only content is a comment on SpyreX-meta that SpyreX disavowed. And a complaint about the speed of the game, from someone who was ostensibly following along. Both of these things make me uneasy.

@Vi:
Did Oman pick up his prod, or is he going to get replaced?
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:39 am

Post by Glork »

In post 2242, GreyICE wrote:
In post 2239, Glork wrote:ITT, Grey confirms his continued inability to read Glork in any way, shape, or form.

Hey dude your vote is on me.

If you are jumping up and down and screaming that there can only be one group of scum
And you are saying I can't read you
And you are voting me because you think I am scum...

Que que?
ITT, strawman arguments!
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:41 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

Do you two have some relationship that I'm unaware of?
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:44 am

Post by Glork »

We are secret lovers
Hope no one discovers
See you every day
Secret hideaway
Just around the way

Feels so good to me 'cause
No one's ever seen us
What we have, taboo
A secret rendez-vous
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:45 am

Post by Glork »

But seriously, I poke at Grey for two things -- his profound misunderstanding of what it means to be protown, and his pathetic attempt to paint my reaction to the Nexus claim as abnormal -- and he chooses to go after my "ITT, Grey can't read me" comment?

Straw man to the max. Grey needs rope.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:54 am

Post by Gammagooey »

if you can get enough votes or people saying they'll vote grey to make it bigger than the nexus wagon than I can definitely deal with hopping on.

SO if you want grey dead but you also like your vote on <insert larger wagon here> say so and prepare for <amazement/dissapointment/EXPLOSIONS/a parrot with a cap on its head>!
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:55 am

Post by Alchemist »

uhh guys?

why hasn't nexus been lynched yet? he basically claimed scum
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:55 am

Post by Alchemist »

Oh noes Glork is making a hissy fit lets abandon ship! /roll eyes
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:56 am

Post by Glork »

Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:02 am

Post by Alchemist »

Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:10 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Let's not forget it's not just Glork who isn't all steam ahead on the Nexus wagon.

Also, Glork
GreyICE wrote:And you are saying I can't read you
And you are voting me because you think I am scum...

This is partly true. The ITT part was implying he was town. But your point is he's reaching hardcore in his only point against you.
On second thought, nevermind, fuck it. I'll back this shit while we're in this part of town. Let's go.

Unvote; Vote: GI
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:13 am

Post by Alchemist »

Do Glork and Grey have a history?

Specifically a bad one?
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:14 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Doubt it.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:29 am

Post by Tierce »

Nah, Grey just has a bad history with mostly everyone. Oh, and he has called Glork the Rush Limbaugh of MS.

This obviously makes him worthy of death by rope.

VOTE: GreyICE

Nexus, please to be piggybacking on me from here on out until there are shinier Crimeans claimed, please and thank you. I may be small and not very useful and green-haired, but I don't have a fondness for eating lead unnecessarily.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:32 am

Post by Alchemist »

I have a good history with GI. I replaced into a large theme really late and he basically carried the town single-handedly.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:35 am

Post by Glork »

Meh.... Looking at the rest of Grey's ISO, his behavior is actually p consistent with Greytown.

I just really, really, really, really, REALLY hate the multiball thing. And the comparison between here and the Pranaclaim.

But he did promse to make a mess, and I did choose to ignore him.

But fine, Grey.
A) Vastly different setups. We knew for certain at Prana's claim that it was multiball, but otherwise a p standard game. With TWO scum factions and a claimed doctor, odds were pretty astronomical that someone was going to shoot Prana. Even if he were scum, the other group *has* to kill him if the town refuses to.
B) Mechanics. We know that the scums' win condition is non-standard. We know that there is a unique "seeker" mechanic, where certain characters are trying to find certain other characters. We also know that the scums are looking for a specific subset of players and, as I already explained, if I were fakeclaiming scum expecting to be lynched, I'd fish for a counter from someone on
The List
C) Behavior. While "I lurked as a doctor to not draw attention" isn't a completely awful explanation, Nexus' behavior here is still pretty fantastically different from Prana's behavior. Upon claiming, Prana was an open book -- completely transparent, gave us immediate and full explanation of everything. Nexus' behavior, on the other hand, has been completely minimal. He just gave us a name, a vague/incomplete explanation of abiltiies, and a target. Tierce/Tammy/etc have tried to extract more information from him, but it's been like pulling teeth. This is not consistent with someone who can easily and immediately explain his role and the logic behind his behavior. It is consistent with scum who either don't know what to say, don't want to say it, or just hope that the claim will make everything go away (or draw out the desired counterclaim).

Like. Context makes the Prana situation and this situation completely, 100% different. There's no basis for comparison. If you were to go back over the past 7 years and look at my reactions to various doctor claims, they would be all over the place, beacuse every single one is situationally different. Your sample size is small, so fine, you saw something that seemed inconsistent, but your thought process is incomplete at best.

Unvote

I need to think. And starting tonight, I'm going to be on vacation until Tuesday, July 3. I'll have my laptop with me while I travel, but time/content may be hard to come by.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:37 am

Post by Glork »

Also, I wouldn't say I have a bad history with Grey. *shrug*

I'm also the type of person who tries very hard to put "bad histories" behind me in mafia games, because I don't think they have a place in them. If somoene is consistently a detriment to the town, even as town, I'll policy lynch them because strategy, etc.

But even if I genuinely REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY DISLIKE someone (and I can think of a few names, none of which are in this game), I tend not to let it affect my gameplay.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:22 am

Post by Duplicity »

Hey Glork, GI is town. I'll explain in more detail in the morning when I'm not exhausted but the gist of it is that there's a few things he's done he wouldn't do as scum, the largest of those being his comment to MoI where he attacks the town-read on Shmugen and the other being that his questioning of you here reads as genuine paranoia whereas Scum-GI would know and accept that there's no chance you're getting lynched and thus not waste time pushing/questioning you.

In post 2254, MaguaofIllusion wrote:
@Duplicity:
Nexus *did* lurk his way through ASoS, so not seeing where you said he didn't. He got wagoned for pretty much the exact same thing there as here, claimed town roleblocker, wagon fell apart, he got NK'ed by scum. At this point, that'd be the ideal ending to this.

Look at his content in that game. Then look at it here. Then look at it there again. And then one more time here. You'll notice there he didn't just prod-dodge and avoid the game completely whereas here that's the exact definition of his play.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:23 am

Post by Alchemist »

So are you ready to revote Nexus, Glorkypoo
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:31 am

Post by UberNinja »

Fuck, I just want this game to move.

Vote: Nexus

Oman next, pretty please with a cherry on top.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:41 am

Post by danakillsu »

Alright, I'm still quite sure Nexus is town, but even if we're not SURE he is, I think it's a good idea not to lynch him. Scum might kill him for us, no reason to waste a lynch. If they don't kill him, we'll have some things to talk about later.

Tammy, Duplicity, Gammagooey, Lady Lambdadelta, Alchemist, Teleporting Speed Hippos, Katsuki, UberNinja

And because the above list of people still apparently want Nexus dead, I'm pretty sure at least one of them is scum.

I'd rank 'em in this order from most lynchable to least atm, unless I'm forgetting something:

Tammy
Gamma
Katsuki
LLD
Alchemist
TSH
Duplicity
UberNinja

I'd still go with GreyICE for now, but some people on that list need to bite the dust in the near future.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”