hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:10 am

Post by hohum »

Espeonage: If you aren't going to pay attention to this thread please replace out.

hohum wrote:
Espeonage wrote:Right, i'll go along with this. As far as I can see, crumbing like that is probably a town tactic, call wifom but it is a very bold move for scum to make. Not that it couldn't be a scum move, just that that is the way i see it. But as for me not doing the same, how do you know i haven't. Obviously that softclaim was very open and gives alot of information away (the actual role isn't given so it isn't too bad) so i'll ask you this. What makes you think that soft claiming like that is a good thing for me to have done?

I'm not saying you should have soft claimed.
I'm just wondering why you brought it up at all.
Generally there's no pro-town motivation for acknowledging a soft claim.

This wasn't rhetorical. What pro-town motivation is there for acknowledging a crumb?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:53 am

Post by Jahudo »

Softclaiming a character claim =/= softclaiming useful information, except in the rare occasion when a theme game has a role that involves a specific other character (ex: "You are Snips, each night you can target someone to see if they are Snails. If they are, you become neighbors") Other than that I don't see how softclaiming one's character affects the game in the slightest.

Maziek wrote:I don't see any scum hunting from him so far, either.
I see scumhunting from chesskid. Pressuring a player, making a post that gets reactions and then following up on those reactions. So to me it looks like you are either trying to say you don't like his style and would invalidate it, or you really have never seen a player like him before?
Maziek
Maziek
Townie
Maziek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Maziek »

@ Bottom of page 2 and Chesskid:

I don't find the purpose or use of RVS, I don't like how many votes you have right now since I know you have more than two at this point (three if I recall correctly), that alone is not enough to back up a lynch on you, and I feel that the votes on you right now are enough pressure to get you to actually scum hunt.

I disagree. Town has no reason to hide why they think what they do unless they're trying to hide something like a Town confirmed Mason or something along those lines, which is from what I know the only ability that has an ability to be used so far that gives you confirmed information on a certain player.

Happy Birthday by the way!
League: Doomsyplusle
osu!: Dooms

Pokemon Nuzlocker, Smash Bros. competitive player, and Fire Emblem: Awakening lover~
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Vote Count #3

chesskid3:
Fluttershy, TheLonging (L-5)
Maziek:
Gammagooey, chesskid3 (L-5)
TheLonging:
chesskid3
Equinox
inHimshallibe
, hohum
Jahudo:
Gammagooey
, Espeonage
MehPlusRawr:
WeyounsLastClone
inHimshallibe:
Mina

Not Voting:
Jahudo, Maziek, MehPlusRawr,
Mina
, inHimshallibe, Equinox

Day One Deadline(expired on 2011-06-30 03:00:00)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Maziek
Maziek
Townie
Maziek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Maziek »

@Page 3:

Seems that I was wrong. You only have two votes.

VOTE: Chesskid

Just a warning: Since I'm newer, I'm not going to put chesskid on the side just because you all expect him to play like this. A scum tell is a scum tell, and if their play is scummy, then I have no reason to not use my vote.

hohum wrote:NO U

Incidentally I've got a slight-scum read on you based on the fact that you called Equinox town for crumbing his role while doing no such thing of your own. I figured as long as you and I are going to sit here and shit this thread up we might as well make the conversation productive. So what do you say to that, scum?

Am I the only person that is completely confused by this? Are you mad at him for not calling himself town? If so, I'm going to say that this is dumb lol. If you're playing mafia, you're always going to want others to think if you're town. It should be assumed that I think I'm town because: I'm town or I don't want to get lynched. I don't need to point out that I'm town, since its not going to make myself look any better, and it doesn't help us find scum (I being every player in here).

If you're saying that he's trying to clear himself through what he said, then I'm going to agree with you completely in saying that his play has been scummy, because thats exactly what it looks like he was trying to do at that point.

Espeonage wrote:Right, i'll go along with this. As far as I can see, crumbing like that is probably a town tactic, call wifom but it is a very bold move for scum to make. Not that it couldn't be a scum move, just that that is the way i see it. But as for me not doing the same, how do you know i haven't. Obviously that softclaim was very open and gives alot of information away (the actual role isn't given so it isn't too bad) so i'll ask you this. What makes you think that soft claiming like that is a good thing for me to have done?

Disagree! Soft-claiming your character is a null (if not null, scum) tell in that its a way to get people to think you're town and put you to the side as town, even though you may or may not actually have that character. The fact that he's acting the way he is shows that either:

He really likes the character at hand
He has a posting restriction
He is making a really bad attempt to get him on our town side

I'm going to say that I do not think that any of those prove to be town or scum(except the last one, which is scummy), and I honestly don't like you putting him off as town for it.

Agree'ing with Hohum in his 63.

Mixing up a little because going back and forth from bottom of the thread to the top made me miss some stuff:

Mina wrote:I'm V/LA now because of Goofbash and posting from a phone, so no time for a wall, but firstly:

VOTE: inHimshallibe

Not a fan of his TheLonging vote--it felt opportunistic. (Yes, I know hohum's came afterward...but as much as I should probably lie and say I found hohum's vote scummy as policy after Might of Mordor, his tone is coming off as genuinely frustrated.) I don't suppose it's too much effort to elaborate on what you mean by Jahudo being coy and TheLonging being scum, instead of speaking as though it's self-evident?

Oh, one last thing. What do you think of chesskid?

Hey, Espeonage, why did you call out Jahudo for not making a random vote, but not TheLonging? I have a slight scum read on Jahudo already (and while TL vs. chesskid is excruciating, but I'm not getting scum vibes from either), but the whole "no RVS vote" reasoning seems pretty superficial.

Preview-edit: damn it, cross-posted with a page. Maziek, is there any reason your vote isn't on chesskid, now?

My vote wasn't on him because I didn't want to add a 4th vote on him, since I thought he had three votes on him. Going to L-3 in a forum game in RVS is something I REALLY don't agree with, since I don't like RVS as a whole.

@Gamma and Chess: Welp. I guess I'm gonna have to go cry now ='(

but seriously, any reasons or what?

Gammagooey wrote:I actually personally think that not RVS voting is generally slightly more likely to scum from town given cautious scum/aggressive town. There are better reasons to vote at this point though.
Espy's first post is significantly more likely to come from town than scum IMO.

I don't really care about what list Jahudo is on at this point. HE WILL BE REVEALED IN TIME.

Thinking like that @ Espy is what loses town the game. "I GOT MY FAVORITE PONY YES" is saying "I'm a townie, yes!" pretty much, which is not something ANYONE should do at all. How you take that as a town tell is simply stunning to me ._.

I'm going to say this: Scum have soft claims. They know which ponies aren't in the game because of this, so if you're giving anyone in this game a free pass because of something based on character roles, I would suggest putting it as a null tell, since town will most likely lose the game if we think less about people based on character roles and soft claiming and stuff like that.

Pokemon Nuzlocker, Smash Bros. competitive player, and Fire Emblem: Awakening lover~
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 am

Post by hohum »

ITT Maziek calls me dumb for something that I explained (and he quoted) later.
Maziek
Maziek
Townie
Maziek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Maziek »

@ Page 4:

Jahudo wrote:Softclaiming a character claim =/= softclaiming useful information, except in the rare occasion when a theme game has a role that involves a specific other character (ex: "You are Snips, each night you can target someone to see if they are Snails. If they are, you become neighbors") Other than that I don't see how softclaiming one's character affects the game in the slightest.

Maziek wrote:I don't see any scum hunting from him so far, either.
I see scumhunting from chesskid. Pressuring a player, making a post that gets reactions and then following up on those reactions. So to me it looks like you are either trying to say you don't like his style and would invalidate it, or you really have never seen a player like him before?

Based on his posts so far, I have yet to see him do any of this. I've seen him vote without giving legit reasons, if you call that pressure. Just because TL defended himself doesn't mean that Chesskid is scum hunting and that he applied pressure. If I were to vote Gamma for OMGUS, is that applying any pressure at all? Not really.

I have never seen a player like Chesskid before.

Also, I want to note this real quick:

TheLonging wrote:does that imply that you think hohum was a serious vote on you

also because NL is always a bad idea
but now it's because of this
:

chesskid3 wrote:I don't need to explain myself.

Yeah, panicking indeed.

Note the bolded. He changed the reasons of his vote by saying that pretty much. Yet, instead of responding to why TL has him as scum, Chesskid completely ignores it and decides "hey, lets go after his old reasons and completely ignore the new one!"

chesskid3 wrote:I don't follow.

Explain where the scum motivation behind voting NL is?

This is the exact post after TL posted his reasoning.

I'm going to say that TL is a town read at this point. The reasons he has been voted so far have been:

OMGUS/RVS
Trying to fit in
Welp (InhimIshallbe's vote... what?)
Name dropping Hohum

I don't agree with any of these. I don't see where he's "trying to fit in", InhimIshallbe didn't even explain his vote, and I can see why he name dropped Hohum, since he was the first person to vote Chesskid, and there for would be the start to any wagon if it was a serious vote, which is what TY was questioning Chesskid for.

My thoughts so far:

chesskid3 - Scummy. He was avoiding the main attack against him until it was brought up again, and his play has been shitty in general (for example: not defending himself against any of the attacks on him besides a no lynch RVS vote, which doesn't even need defending since lolrvs)
Equinox - Null-scum. I don't like how he accused The Longing of "trying to fit in", but thats all I have. More null than scum.
Espeonage - Scummy. From my perspective, he clears Equinox as town through the way he's posting(posting restriction type thing), which is a HUGE anti-town move. His read on cheese was absolute BS. If you don't have any reasons for a town read besides "because he's town", then it's not a legit town read. Simple as that. Voting someone for not putting in an RVS vote is something I personally disagree with extremely, since RVS only leaves us things like what you did that don't get the town anywhere.
Fluttershy - Null. For obvious reasons.
Gammagooey - Null-scum. His motives behind what he's saying make me think scum, and I don't agree with ANYTHING he's saying at this point(not really a reason for him being scummy, but it may be why I don't think his motives are townie), and he didn't explain his vote on me. Example of his motives would be his 70 and the last line, which I feel is something a townie doesn't have any reason to say. I feel that the motives in that post are scummy. I still want a little more from him before I put him as a scummy read.
hohum - Null-town. The questions he's asking make me feel more townie than scummy(example: Questioning what makes a wagon and why he was name dropped), but besides that, I don't really have that much of a read on him.
Inhimshallibe
Jahudo - Null-town. Him keeping all of the soft claiming as Null is a town-play to me, but other than that, everything else has been null to me.
Maziek - :3
MehPlusRawr - Null. For obvious reasons.
Mina - Town. His only post so far in not-rvs just screams townie to me. His vote on Inhimshallibe is very well played, the reasons he gave were amazing, and his questions at Espeon just scream townie to me. He's scum hunting and I love it.
TheLonging - Town for reasons explained above.
WeyounsLastClone - Null. For obvious reasons.

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 am

Post by TheLonging »

You don't have a read on inhim?
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 am

Post by TheLonging »

also chesskid happy birthday <333
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Maziek
Maziek
Townie
Maziek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Maziek »

Oh skipped over him sorry.

Read on inhimishallbe is null-scum. Besides his voting-post on you, which is ABSOLUTELY BS, he hasn't done much, which isn't enough for me to put him at a scum read. His thoughts on the thread didn't make me think town or scum at all, and I haven't seen any legit posts from him besides that.

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:27 am

Post by chesskid3 »

OH DEAR GOD ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME.

Any objections to me ignoring Maziek?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:16 am

Post by TheLonging »

I find inhim quite town-like actually
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:57 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I didn't mean to single you out, if you were feeling singled out TL.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:03 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Mina wrote:VOTE: inHimshallibe

Not a fan of his TheLonging vote--it felt opportunistic. (Yes, I know hohum's came afterward...but as much as I should probably lie and say I found hohum's vote scummy as policy after Might of Mordor, his tone is coming off as genuinely frustrated.) I don't suppose it's too much effort to elaborate on what you mean by Jahudo being coy and TheLonging being scum, instead of speaking as though it's self-evident?

Oh, one last thing. What do you think of chesskid?

Kinda already alluded to this, but Jahudo having to ask which post Gamma thought was odd really felt like some intentional playing dumb. Maybe he's just a very deliberate player, as recent postings seem to be telling me so.

Chess seems p town. I wouldn't have expected too much OMGUS from the outset if he were scum, and he even backed off and upgraded TL to townread, and pointed such out to me. So yeah, town.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:10 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Not to beat the 'no lynch' horse (or pony in this case) again, but I really don't get why you would vote No Lynch during random voting stage. If you're not trying to tie yourself to anyone, I think that's more beneficial as scum than town. It's a RVS for a reason.

Vote: TheLonging'

Need to read some other games of chesskid to see if this is how he plays. If so, it's a bit too 'flippant'. (not sure if that's the exact word I'm looking for, but hope you get what I mean).
"I wish you hadn't done that."
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:17 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I can't really believe we're discussing Equinox softclaiming. Seemed to be a fairly fucking hardclaim to me.
Gammagooey wrote:I actually personally think that not RVS voting is generally slightly more likely to scum from town given cautious scum/aggressive town. There are better reasons to vote at this point though.
Espy's first post is significantly more likely to come from town than scum IMO.

I don't really care about what list Jahudo is on at this point. HE WILL BE REVEALED IN TIME.

Espeonage wrote:
Vote: WLC

Wagons = good.

In addition: I AM SO FUCKING HAPPY. I AM EXACTLY THE PONY I WANTED TO BE HELLS FRIKKIN YEAH.

Now continue. Also I think I know who equinox is.
I will concede this point to you.

My Little Townies

inHim
chesskid
Gammagooey

Let's Be Friends

Mina
Maziek
Equinox
hohum
TL
Espeonage

Pony Up

MehPlusRawr
Fluttershy

Let's Do This

Jahudo
PEDIT: WeyounsLastClone

vote: WeyounsLastClone

For 1)not commenting on discussion between those of us who had voted and subsequently unvoted TheLonging, 2)being vague about chesskid, and 3)killing innocent ponies.
Show

:

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:17 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Unvote

Vote: Weyoun

VOtes one person
while reserving rights to vote for the person TL was Voting for?

FUCKING LYNCH THIS GUY WITH FIRE RIGHT FUCKING NOW

PEDIT HAHAHAHAHA
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:19 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

GIDDYAP
Show

:

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:25 am

Post by chesskid3 »

You need a town santahat inhim >_>
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:33 am

I'm sorry, my vote should be on chesskid, as he was the one with the 'no lynch' vote and the one I was focusing on in my post.
Unvote. Vote: chesskid.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:39 am

Post by chesskid3 »

bahahahaahahahahahahaha
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:42 am

Post by TheLonging »

inHimshallibe wrote:I didn't mean to single you out, if you were feeling singled out TL.

Yeah kind of felt like that

WeyounsLastClone wrote:Not to beat the 'no lynch' horse (or pony in this case) again, but I really don't get why you would vote No Lynch during random voting stage. If you're not trying to tie yourself to anyone, I think that's more beneficial as scum than town. It's a RVS for a reason.

Need to read some other games of chesskid to see if this is how he plays. If so, it's a bit too 'flippant'. (not sure if that's the exact word I'm looking for, but hope you get what I mean).

wat the flipper

edit: saw the correction

unvote
vote: weyouns

no way that was accidental.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:48 am

@Maziek, why did you skip inhimishallbe in your reads?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Jahudo »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:Not to beat the 'no lynch' horse (or pony in this case) again, but I really don't get why you would vote No Lynch during random voting stage. If you're not trying to tie yourself to anyone, I think that's more beneficial as scum than town. It's a RVS for a reason.

So why did you vote for TheLonging? Was it a typo, random vote, or do you have a reason?

I don't understand how a random vote ties someone to another person, I never look at random votes later in the game when players have been flipped and its time to look for connections. It has always seemed like an arbitrary move, and the part of it that scum are actively thinking about is how they can blend in given the unique situation of the game whether its focus on an early wagon or mechanics being discussed.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:56 am

Post by chesskid3 »

JAHUDO GET YOUR VOTE ON THE OBVSCUM PLZ

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”