mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:03 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

@ Sensfan - Is that sensfan for Ottawa Senators?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:07 am

Post by SensFan »

Technically it's the Kanata Senators, but yes. Why do you ask?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by mavsfan41 »

I love the NHL and I do enjoy watching the Ottawa Senators. Alfredsson is amazing. Spezza is pretty good too, but has dropped off a bit this year, he did have a decent ending to this injury plagued season. They should have won the Cup four years back, but goaltending was a huge issue. Emery was a big reason why the Ducks beat them in 5. Leclaire is terrible though. I really want them to knock off the Penguins in the first round. They're waaaay too streaky to count on. They're good enough to beat any team in the league, but consistency is a big issue. One night they could beat the Caps and the next night lose to the Oilers. I know this isn't actually related to the game at hand, but it is the reason I asked you if Sensfan was for the Ottawa Senators. Its good to see another person who actually cares about the NHL.
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by yawetag »

wolframnhart replaces jbernier93.
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

Typically only on during the evenings.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Hello all my adoring fans!

Let's see i recognize Farside, VRk, and holy crude Sensfan. Hello you three!

Annndddd
vote Mr. Sandman
cuz you never bring me a dream.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by yawetag »

You've finally settled in to your new seat. The computer display casts eerie green light onto everyone. Suddenly, two chairs disappear quicker than you notice. Above, the names
The1fifi
and
jbernier93
disappear, replaced by the names
SensFan
and
wolframnhart
. Just as quickly as the two disappeared, two more people appeared. They both seem dazed.

Talk in the room was light. It appeared as though everyone was getting used to their new surroundings. Not knowing how long they'll be here, it's obvious no one wants to make enemies too quickly.

Day 1 - Vote Count #1

Current as of
Post #29

Cirno
- 2 (farside22, Mr.Sandman)
Vel-Rahn Koon
- 2 (Cirno, SensFan)
chnorek
- 1 (Vel-Rahn Koon)
Mr.Sandman
- 1 (wolframnhart)
wolframnhart
- 1 (mavsfan41)

Not Voting:
chnorek

It takes
5 votes
to kill a contestant.

Current Phase:
Day 1
Deadline:
April 26, 2010 at 11:59pm Central (-0600) Time

Edited to add wolf's vote.
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

Typically only on during the evenings.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:00 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

I'm thinking of a combination of sens and farside's suggestions.

As of now, I don't see an issue with hypercop-ing the setup. I'm trying to think if there's a way the scum can take advantage of hypercop claims, but I don't see one.

I think we have to have some mechanism for finger pointing, and the hypercop suggestion seems to fit the bill nicely. Since the cop will end up dead if he investigates a scum, hypercop claims will allow the cop to essentially tell us whether his investigation is guilty or innocent.

Now that I've written that out, at least one hypercop claim is going to be "false". If everyone hypercops a different person tonight, the Mafia can just kill one of the "hypercops" in hopes of hitting a real cop. If the Mafia hit a real cop with the night kill, and the person the cop hyper claimed was Town, it's going to look like the cop died due to hitting scum, making us think that the Town player is actually Mafia.

So this is where farside's suggestion comes in. I think we need to be really careful about discussion, and really try to get a handle on who we think is likely to be innocent and guilty. We can then get a good idea of who should be the focus of investigations.

Tomorrow is LyLo if we mislynch today, so I think any cops almost have to investigate tonight. It also means that we have to be super extra careful about believing a Cop claim tomorrow.

What size was the game that you played with yos, farside?
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:04 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

chnorek, how do you feel about hypercop claims?
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:19 am

Post by SensFan »

Wait a second. It's absolutely crucial that we hypercop or massclaim. 8 people alive, once we lynch that's down to seven. After a NK that drops to 6. If 2 Cops investigate Mafia, that's game.

Am I missing something?
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Yea, what you are missing is that the cops are weak, if they investigate a mafia member they die, so we won't know who they investigated.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:30 am

Post by wolframnhart »

unvote, vote Sensfan

A player of your caliber would have read the rules and roles and realized this.

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:32 am

Post by SensFan »

That's exactly what I said. If two Cops investigate Mafia, that's game over. It's down to 4 players left, 2 of which are scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:47 am

Post by farside22 »

The game I played was 12 players with 3 mafia.
The reason I think a weak cop should just check out someone they believe to be town is so there is less death
IE: weak cop checks player X who they find to be the most town. They live and they verified the player to be town.
If the cop dies and no one else does it's typically a mafia kill. I could see a bit of WIFOM but only if scum is smart.

Sadly in the game where Yosi talked about who he found most town he stated it was me and died and I was thusly lynched and found as scum the next day.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:57 am

Post by wolframnhart »

The one thing i find not good about the cop or cops if we even have any is that if they claim who they are going to investigate that doesn't mean the mafia won't use that to their advantage.

EX:
Say Farside is a cop, and she says she is going to invstigate MrSandman because she thinks he is town.
Option 1:
MrSandman is town, the mafia knows this and kills Farside to make it seem like Sandman is mafia, quick lynch next day, if there are no other cops that would be mafia's game (8 alive, lynch town unless we get lucky, 7 at night, Far dies, 6 alive, sand dies, 5 left, mafia knight kills and wins)
Option 2:
MrSandman is mafia, lets farside investigate him and kills off a different person. That leave 5 the next morning, and using WIFOM mafia could maybe, just maybe, get people to not lynch mrsandman and instead lynch a townie and they win.

Either way it doesn't seem like a clear way to win.

chnorek
chnorek
Goon
chnorek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:01 am

Post by chnorek »

@VRK
at least
one false claim scares me a bit, we wont be sure of 'town' result until cop actually die and confirm his role, but i see no better use of cops.

@Sens
in worst case we will end up with 5 players and 2 goons alive, its lylo anyways

FoS: wolf
chnorek
chnorek
Goon
chnorek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:07 am

Post by chnorek »

eww wrong, we may loose the game tonight. sory, Sens was right. i didnt count mislynch :(
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:17 am

Post by farside22 »

wolframnhart wrote:The one thing i find not good about the cop or cops if we even have any is that if they claim who they are going to investigate that doesn't mean the mafia won't use that to their advantage.

EX:
Say Farside is a cop, and she says she is going to invstigate MrSandman because she thinks he is town.
Option 1:
MrSandman is town, the mafia knows this and kills Farside to make it seem like Sandman is mafia, quick lynch next day, if there are no other cops that would be mafia's game (8 alive, lynch town unless we get lucky, 7 at night, Far dies, 6 alive, sand dies, 5 left, mafia knight kills and wins)
Option 2:
MrSandman is mafia, lets farside investigate him and kills off a different person. That leave 5 the next morning, and using WIFOM mafia could maybe, just maybe, get people to not lynch mrsandman and instead lynch a townie and they win.

Either way it doesn't seem like a clear way to win.

Option 1

If one player dies why would anyone believe that the cop that died found scum? It's more WIFOM then confirmed scum.

Option 2

2 people dead and one is a weak cop. 99% the cop investigated scum (1% is mod screw up) and that player should be lynched post haste.
This is what got me lynched in pyp2 was 2 deaths one being the weak doc.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:18 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: I sent you a PM can you please respond to it.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:21 am

Post by wolframnhart »

@Farside
Ok i gotcha on option one and two. To me it seems to benefit scum with the WIFOM argument.

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:26 am

Post by SensFan »

Wolf, do you plan on removing the reidiculous vote you placed on me, given I did indeed understand the set-up and it was you who didn't read what I said?
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:25 am

Post by wolframnhart »

thought I had, obv not though. You are right i misread it seems.
unvote

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:07 am

Post by farside22 »

wolframnhart wrote:@Farside
Ok i gotcha on option one and two. To me it seems to benefit scum with the WIFOM argument.
Option 1 could but again scum would have to suspect which player they think could be (if any). I'm not going to expand on how to WIFOM the town until or if we get to this point.

unvote:
vote: wolf

I'm not liking so far that he seems to already want to smeer the weak cop information with WIFOM.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:23 am

Post by wolframnhart »

I'm not trying to smeer weak cop info with WIFOM, i'm just saying WIFOM is going to play a big part in this set up, but go ahead and vote me if you want.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

wolframnhart wrote:I'm not trying to smeer weak cop info with WIFOM, i'm just saying WIFOM is going to play a big part in this set up, but go ahead and vote me if you want.
How is option 2 going to cause WIFOM?
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Hmm...I was trying to write out how it would, but i guess it wouldn't.

Farside cop investigate MrSandman scum, if the scum team doesn't kill someone then they could try and pass off the cop death as WIFOM, but if they kill someone else then it would be obvious that MrSandman was scum, his death would go through next day, then the following day would be to try to find the partner.

I don't see option two as a way to cause WIFOM after all, unless i haven't thought of something.

Return to “Completed Open Games”