Vanilla Townie
) has drowned.

Day 3:
SensFan
(
Mafia Goon
) has been hanged.

Points of Interest

Day 1 start: SensFan replaces The1fifi || wolframnhart replaces jbernier93 || VC1 || VC2 || VC3 || Cop Targets || VC4 || Day 1 ends - No Lynch
Day 2 start: Mr.Sandman and mavsfan41 dead || VC1 || Cop Targets || VC2 || Day 2 ends - chnorek lynched
Day 3 start: Vel-Rahn Koon and farside22 dead || Day 3 ends - SensFan lynched. End of game.
Last edited by yawetag on Wed May 12, 2010 1:52 am, edited 18 times in total.
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:28 pm

Post by yawetag »

RULES
(layout "borrowed" from Kairyuu; rules "borrowed" from several sources)

General Rules
  1. Do not discuss the game outside of the game thread unless your role specifically allows it. You
    will
    be modkilled for violation.
  2. Do not quote any messages received from the Moderator. You
    will
    be modkilled for violation. However, you are allowed to paraphrase PMs.
  3. Despite popular belief, Moderators
    are
    human, and
    do
    make mistakes! If you notice a mistake the Moderator has made, either PM the Moderator or bold it in the thread:
    Mod: I voted for player X, not player Y
  4. Modcolor is
    dark red
    . Do not use it.
  5. random.org was used to randomize everything. This includes the player list and role list, which gave a double-draw effect for roles. Randomization was also used for the order role PMs were released, as well as the names given in the flavor text throughout the game. With this said,
    do not attempt to out-guess the Mod
Voting, Lynching, and Death
  1. Votes
    must
    be bolded:
    vote: yawetag
  2. Unvoting is not required, but must be bolded if used:
    unvote
    or
    unvote, vote: yawetag
    . It is not required to give the player you are removing the vote from.
  3. No lynches are allowed:
    vote: no lynch
  4. Lynches occur when a player receives a number of votes equal to half of the remaining players, plus one, rounding down:
    L = round(P/2 + 1)
    , where P = number of players left.
  5. At deadline, a player is lynched if the number of votes equal half of the required amount, rounding down: (
    DLL = round(L/2)
    ). This rule does not apply if the number of players alive is 7 or less. In case of a tie, the player that received the number of votes first will be lynched.
  6. When the lynch count has been reached, twilight will immediately begin. During twilight, any alive players (this does not include the one being lynched) may post until the game reaches night. No vote changes will be allowed once the game enters twilight.
  7. Lynched or killed players are allowed one "bah" post. The player may also state "go <alignment>," but no other content will be allowed.
  8. Roles of the lynched or killed players will be revealed upon death.
Activity
  1. When you signed up to play the game, you agreed to commit your time to the game. That commitment is expected to continue through the duration of the game.
  2. Players that do not post for 4 days will be prodded. The player will then have 48 hours to respond before being replaced. V/LA posts in the thread or by PM will be allowed and will prevent replacement.
  3. Day phases will have a deadline of days equal to twice the number of players alive, plus two:
    DL = (P*2) + 2
    , where P = number of players left.
  4. Night phases will have a set 96-hour deadline. After all night actions are received, the Moderator will randomly wait between 1 and 24 hours (not to exceed the deadline) to start the next day. This is used to mask the presence of Power Roles.
  5. Deadlines are straight time limits. Weekends and holidays count as much as other days. That said, the Moderator will attempt to keep deadlines from falling on major holidays, usually by extending the deadline by a day or two.
Conduct and Language
  1. Remember, this is a game. Play nice to others.
  2. Profanity is allowed, but in moderation. Warnings will be given when profanity is used toward other players, or when the Moderator feels a post goes past "moderation."
Moderator Duties
  1. The Moderator will keep an updated vote count on the first post, as well as a current vote count near the top of each page. Players may request an updated vote count at any time.
  2. All Moderator requests will be answered within 24 hours, usually much quicker.
Game Setup

This game will use the Gurgi EC8 setup, which is the following:
  • 2 Mafia Goons
  • 0-3 Weak Cops
  • 3-6 Vanilla Townies
The Weak Cops and Vanilla Townies will total 6 players.
The game will start with
Day Phase

Role PMs

The following role PMs have been sent:

Vanilla TownieYou are a
Vanilla Townie
. You are a member of
The Cigula
(town). At night, you have no abilities. All you have is your mind and your vote to help find
The Golubovic
(mafia). You win when all mafia are dead and at least one town player is alive.

Mafia GoonYou are a
Mafia Goon
! You are a member of
The Golubovic
(mafia). Your partner is
!!!OTHER GOON!!!
, and you are attempting to eliminate
The Cigula
. Each night, your faction may attempt to kill another player in the game by PMing me your target. If you'd like, also tell me HOW you would like them killed. You win when all town players are dead and at least one mafia member is still alive, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Additionally, each night you may communicate with the other mafia members in a QuickTopic board: !!!URL TO QT BOARD!!!. You may also talk during the pregame phase. I will post in the QT board when talking can begin and end.

Weak CopYou are a
Weak Cop
! You are a member of
The Cigula
(town). Each night, you may investigate one player by sending me their name via PM. If the player you target is of
The Golubovic
(mafia), you will die. You win when all mafia are dead and at least one town player is alive.
Last edited by yawetag on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:28 pm

Post by yawetag »

Role PMs being sent now.

Role PMs sent. Game will start after all /confirms are replied to by PM.
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

Typically only on during the evenings.
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by yawetag »

Two people have not responded to PMs. I am sending prods and will look for replacements if needed.

I will open the game at this time. Deadline will be definite when all have confirmed.
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by yawetag »

*blink* ... *blink* ... This isn't what you signed up for. The last thing you remember, a bag was being placed over your head and you were being thrown into the back of a van. You sit and wonder where you are... what day it is... what the hell happened.

"GAME SHOW CONTESTANTS WANTED!!!" the ad says. "$1,000,000 GUARANTEED!!!" Being unemployed for nearly a year, money is, shall we say, a bit tight. You pick up your phone and dial the number, expecting a voice mail message. Instead, someone answers. She gives you an address and instructs you to be there at 9am the next morning.

How many mornings ago was that? You try to move your arms, but something is holding them down. You suddenly realize your legs are strapped down as well. As you begin to gain consciousness, you feel something across your chest and on top of your head. As you open your eyes, you realize you're in darkness -- except for a green glow near your left hand. You look at it closer and see it's a computer screen. On it, you see your name at the top -- well, the name you gave the interviewer at the warehouse.

"Is that your real name?" he asks.
"Of course it is," you respond, knowing he can tell you're lying.
He writes it down anyway.

Next to your name, you see the number 0. As you examine the rest of the screen, you see other names. Who are these people? The1fifi. mavsfan41. chnorek. These have to be fake, too. Apparantly, you weren't the only one. You also see the number 0 next to their names as well.

Suddenly, you hear a thud and you're instantly blinded by bright lights. It feels like you're at the dentist.

"Are you allergic to anything?"
You respond, "Only cat dander... and morphine."
He responds with a chuckle.

As your eyes adjust to the lighting, you see roughly a dozen other people, all in the same predicament as you. You're seated in a huge circle. Above each chair you see a name; each name matches one on your computer screen. Above you, various types of machinery are visible through the lights. "What are those for?" you wonder.

"Welcome." The voice, with a distinctively British accent, seems to come from inside your head and startles you. "I am Rene Crowder, your host for this ... game." The odd pause did not go unnoticed.

"How are you with computers?"
You're confused. "In what capacity?" you ask.
The man responds, obviously annoyed, "Look. I don't write these things. Just answer the damn question."

"You're listening to me through speakers embedded into your chair. This game has no video cameras or live audience. We don't even have a script. Before I speak to you about the game, I want to explain your computers that you have no doubt already noticed. On it, you see your name at the top and the names of the other contestants below. The number next to the name corresponds to the number of other contestants that have voted for that player. In front of your right hand is a specially-designed keyboard. By pressing the key with the contestant's name, you will vote for that person. Let me show you. I'll press the key for jiemao."

A few seconds later, you hear a "DING" in your speakers. Your eyes haven't left the computer screen since Rene began speaking about it. You see the number next to jiemao's name change to 1. You look at the player to your left. A bead of sweat forms on his forehead.

Rene continues: "I think it's self-explanatory. When a player's vote count rises to a majority of the contestants, they will be ... removed from the game." Again, the pause was slightly unsettling.

You didn't have time to really ponder Rene's last statement before he speaks again. "As you can tell, there are nine of you. In this game, there are two factions:
The Golubovic
and
The Cigula
. The Golubovic comprises two of you; the Cigula comprises the rest. The goal for each group is to remove the members of the rival group before their own faction is reduced to zero. While the Cigula has strength in numbers, the Golubovic has strength in camaraderie; the Cigula members do not know each other, but the Golubovic are well aware of their team members. The Cigula may also have members that can help the town in sniffing out the Golubovic.

"You're all securely fastened to your seats. There is only one way to be freed: to be the last group standing."

"Are you afraid of anything?"
You think before answering, knowing game shows always pit you against your greatest fears. "Death."
They would never try to kill you... would they?

Immediately, you hear several "DING" sounds in your speakers, followed by a gong. As you look around confused, you again set your eyes on the player to your left, who is convulsing in his chair. You failed to look before, but you see "jiemao" written above his chair. At this time, he slumps forward and stops moving.

jiemao
(
Neutral Contestant
) has been killed.

Rene sighs, then says, "Well, it appears that some people got trigger happy. The ... game has begun."

"That's all I have. Come with me."
You hesitate, not knowing what to expect. As you follow him into the next room, something hits you in the back of the head.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:50 am

Post by farside22 »

vote: Cirno

for flaking on another game. Shame on you.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
chnorek
chnorek
Goon
chnorek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:20 am

Post by chnorek »

vote: farside22

for talking about ongoing games. Shame on you.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:18 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Vote: yawetag
for not changing the game title to reflect the fact that the topic has been unlocked.

and since that doesn't count:

vote: chnorek
for thinking that farside is talking about an ongoing game.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
chnorek
chnorek
Goon
chnorek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:05 am

Post by chnorek »

to get this game going you guys have any ideas how shoud we play this setup?
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Cirno »

Vote: VRK
because my instructor keeps canceling class after I spend two hours riding up there. VRK is responsible somehow.

@chnorek: I asked my mom (she is a powerful psychic) how we should play and she said that we should lynch players by age in descending order. She also predicts that Fifi will be replaced from this game.
Everything you need to know about [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcA1wA8xW6o]Cirno[/url]
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:26 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

Vote: The1fifi
for being one of two people not to confirm for this game. The other player who hasn't responded has a longer name that I didn't feel like typing out.
Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Mr.Sandman »

vote cirno
for talking to her mum about the game
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by Cirno »

We didn't talk. We spoke wordlessly with telepathy.
Everything you need to know about [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcA1wA8xW6o]Cirno[/url]
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Post by yawetag »

Effective immediately, SensFan replaces The1fifi.

Mr.Sandman
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Mr.Sandman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:38 am

Post by Mr.Sandman »

Hmm it sounds very much like a telepathic 'discussion' to me
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

yawetag wrote:
Effective immediately, SensFan replaces The1fifi.
Cirno's mom is batting 0.500

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:03 am

Post by SensFan »

You could almost say that Cirno's mom has got it goin' on :P

Anyways, I'll
Vote: VRK
for old time's sake.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

chnorek wrote:to get this game going you guys have any ideas how shoud we play this setup?
Sure. Do you?

chnorek
chnorek
Goon
chnorek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:20 am

Post by chnorek »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:
chnorek wrote:to get this game going you guys have any ideas how shoud we play this setup?
Sure. Do you?
im wondering how helpful can be suicidal cops.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

???

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:09 am

Post by SensFan »

chnorek wrote:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:
Sure. Do you?
There's two schools of thought here, and I'm not sure which would be best.

Either the Cops don't investigate every night, only when quite sure they can clear someone.
Or else the Cops claim (either hypocop or otherwise) who they will target the following night during every day.

If anyone else has any other paths that I haven't thought of, be my guest to mention them.
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:31 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

Unvote: The1fifi (now Sensfan)

Vote: jbernier93
for the same reason I voted The1fif originally.
chnorek
chnorek
Goon
chnorek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:35 am

Post by chnorek »

SensFan wrote:
chnorek wrote:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:
Sure. Do you?
There's two schools of thought here, and I'm not sure which would be best.

Either the Cops don't investigate every night, only when quite sure they can clear someone.
Or else the Cops claim (either hypocop or otherwise) who they will target the following night during every day.

If anyone else has any other paths that I haven't thought of, be my guest to mention them.
excacly what i meant, thanks.

VRK what do you think will be better? or everyone shoud decide on his own?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:50 am

Post by farside22 »

I played most recently in a game with yos2 for pyp with a weak doctor (same idea). He basically talked about a weak doc protecting someone he thought was the most town and also made points in his post sharing who he thought was most town. (As others did as well)
This worked out to the town's advantage as he in regards for a weak cop as well. We all talk about who we find most town in some regards or another. This leaves room for the weak cop as well to discuss it and then start confirming.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
chnorek
chnorek
Goon
chnorek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:21 am

Post by chnorek »

i really like farside idea.

unvote

Return to “Completed Open Games”