MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by MordyS »

BTW, what was bizarre about those two quotes was that in a Mafia game, where ideally people are coming out and causing trouble to try and shake scum loose, everyone came out defending each other as Town with very minimal posts to look at. Dragons did it on DG and then DG did it on Psychologic. I'm glad there's a bandwagon on me -- it's better for people to be attacking one another then buddying up.
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I believe in a two pronged approach:

(1) squeezing the scum by narrowing down the number of swimmers in the pond.
(2) being relentless on scummy players.

Sometimes a game starts out with obvscum, sometimes wiht obvtown, sometimes with a combo. It is what it is.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by MordyS »

I don't disagree with the approach, I just disagree with your method of listing who is town and who is scum without any argument attached. I still don't know what you found scummy about:
cateraction wrote:I'm going to have to resist the urge to quote movies so that people don't think I'm breadcrumbing. This will be hard.
And despite milkshake (I believe?) asking you to explain, you still haven't. Until I pushed on it, you wouldn't explain why you /knew/ Psychologic was Town, and I haven't seen a case from you against me yet either. It's nice that you like to shoot from your hip, but I don't think that helps anyone.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:49 pm

What he's really saying is this:

(1) I am not breadcrumbing like the rest of you.
(2) The 'reason' is because I am resisting the urge to do so.

Interpretation:

(3) I am afraid to breadcrumb because I don't have enough information yet to manufacture a fake claim.
(4) If I don't appear to breadcrumb like everyone else, it will look suspicious.
(5) I'd better come up with an excuse for not breadcrumbing real quick!

So, cateraction is scum #1.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by MordyS »

Was that what your random comments were? Breadcrumbing? Something about adoption and babies? What I thought he was saying was, I don't want to quote flicks and people accidently think I'm breadcrumbing. Btw: My character isn't Gloria Swanson and my role for today isn't Sunset Blvd. I just said "I'm Ready for my Close-Up" cause it's a movie-flavored game and I thought it'd be fun. I imagine cateraction had a similar thing on his mind.

(And I'm glad you explained yourself so I can call your argument out for being inane.)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:13 pm

I NEVER, EVER, breadcrumb. NEVER. Except in two very particular situations that are not germane to this game.

Adopting babies is so much more fashionable than ugly stretchmarks - I would make an exception for CKD. Who wouldn't?

I take offense at your declaration that my argument is inane. It's clear that cateraction panicked at what he perceived to be voluntary, unprovoked breadcruming by a bunch of players. My argument still stands.

Oh, and BTW, I don't have to explain
everything

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:51 pm

Post by Iecerint »

curiouskarmadog wrote:by the end of what?
The game.

I like DGB's case on cat.
Unvote; Vote: cateraction.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Post by ortolan »

Psychologic (22) wrote:
Vote: ortolan
; for thinking his/her lack of vote would go unnoticed.
I didn't think my lack of vote would go unnoticed, I just kind of didn't notice/forgot to vote in RVS/didn't care. I'm actually coming around to trying to eliminate RVSs, if only because it makes the game more interesting that way. I think there may be other game(s) recently where I haven't voted in RVS, but don't hold me to it.

DragonsofSummer is still the scummiest player in this game

Vote: DragonsofSummer

I don't particularly like the MordyS wagon, that said I'm not 100% sure about him

milkshake felt town, chiefly for 50 but some later posts had me not as sure

I'm totally on the fence about DGB

I was gonna say Iecerint was second to DragonsofSummer for scumminess but actually, looking at 18 then looking at 81 is enough for a vote.

The phrasing of 18 was one line for a serious vote, and I dislike the phrasing and justification. Subsequently he never again mentions this apparently serious vote. Now he's voting cateraction for DGB's "case" on cat even though it wasn't a case but merely an explication of her apparent scum read on him based on one comment. It also isn't a valid scumtell for me (I don't necessarily think DGB's scummy for putting it forward, but I don't think it's a valid scumtell in reality). Thus Iecerint's vote on cateraction doesn't seem to show understanding of the context of what DGB was saying, and is furthermore unmerited and opportunistic. I'm also aware there's a good possibility he can't be scum with DoS because of page one:

DoS votes Mordy > Mordy votes DoS > Iecering votes DoS

Thus

Unvote
Vote: Iecerint
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by Iecerint »

The comment about breadcrumbing on page 1 didn't make much sense to me at the time; however, it makes perfect sense in light of DGB's contextualization. I think that level of evidence trumps DoS's largely RVS vote for Mordy.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:56 am

Post by ortolan »

have a look at how many people explicitly breadcrumbed before he posted. I count one (myself). So that throws DGB's third point in 78 out the window (and that was the sole premise of the attack).
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:01 am

Post by Iecerint »

There're some other odd pre-game and RVS comments that could be construed as breadcrumbs, even if they weren't as explicit as yours. You may be right that there are fewer than DGB implied, but I still prefer my current vote to my prior.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:09 am

Post by TonyMontana »

MordyS wrote:I'm currently voting for DragonsofSummer, I think?
fixed
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:30 am

Post by ortolan »

Iecerint wrote:There're some other odd pre-game and RVS comments that could be construed as breadcrumbs, even if they weren't as explicit as yours. You may be right that there are fewer than DGB implied, but I still prefer my current vote to my prior.
I also still prefer my current vote to my prior

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:06 am

I have a pro-town read on Mordy for reasons that shall remain obscure for now, because I was to apply the same criteria on players that haven't posted much, and I don't want them to WIFOM me into being wrong.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:11 am

TOWN

DrippingGoofball
curiouskarmadog
milkshake
Psychologic
MordyS

DODGY

DragonsofSummer
Iecerint
ortolan
populartajo

SCUM

cateraction
jasonT1981 - lurkerscum in fact
Vaya - also lurkerscum

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:39 am

Post by ortolan »

why are myself and Iecering adjacent to one another despite me just now laying a vote down on him

And why is tajo even dodgier than both of us despite him declaring you virtually obv-town?

I think I have to upgrade you to a scum-read, DGB.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:03 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Iecerint wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:by the end of what?
The game.

I like DGB's case on cat.
Unvote; Vote: cateraction.
how do you know when she is going to leave it?
ortolan wrote:why are myself and Iecering adjacent to one another despite me just now laying a vote down on him
funny funny, I read your vote on him and immediately thought "distancing"....funny my dear thought so as well.......

Ort, you never been in a game where scum distanced..come come...surely you are not using that as a defense?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:18 am

ortolan wrote:why are myself and Iecering adjacent to one another despite me just now laying a vote down on him

And why is tajo even dodgier than both of us despite him declaring you virtually obv-town?

I think I have to upgrade you to a scum-read, DGB.
Whoa. Within each category, the names aren't ordered. It's too early for that much definition, even for me.

And I used the word "dodgy" to indicate that I have no read on these players yet. So the ordering of players on which I have no read is especially insignificant.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:23 am

Post by ortolan »

ckd (91) wrote:funny funny, I read your vote on him and immediately thought "distancing"....funny my dear thought so as well.......
Well, all I can say is that's...interesting, as he is metaphysically incapable of being my scumbuddy, as I am what we in the business can a town-aligned player.
ckd (91) wrote:Ort, you never been in a game where scum distanced
Of course I have. See Notre Dame Mafia in this same forum, for a prime example, where Kast laid down the second vote for Budja, his scumbuddy, on a successful day one wagon (Notre Dame mafia, modded by petroleumjelly, DGB was in it also). In fact I wasn't intending to use this as a "defence" at all, I am not a player concerned with defence but rather offence. It was my basis for attacking DGB.

DGB's 92 just further condemns her to the "I really, really can't read you" category.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:24 am

ortolan wrote:And why is tajo even dodgier than both of us despite him declaring you virtually obv-town?
You assume that I consider players that declare me obv-town, town. Er, sometimes, scum declares me to be obvtown. I'm not
that
easily manipulated.

My reads on tajo lean town too much, and my reads on you (ortolan) and DoS lean scum too much as well. I take that into consideration, and I need more time to evaluate. That puts you all in the "dodgy" category.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:25 am

Post by ortolan »

wow....I wish you'd give me something to work with, you are screaming null-tell to me so much right now it's ridiculous. I do verily agree that you read me as scum too much (and vice versa) however.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:26 am

Post by ortolan »

if it gives you any comfort, that's probably because I thought you were really obv-town in Election Mafia but you turned out to be scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:52 am

jasonT1981 wrote:OK My other question to those saying Person X is town so early into a game...

Do you know this as fact, or is this your hunch based upon this game so far?
Why do you need to know this so early in the game?

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:52 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
SCUM

jasonT1981 - lurkerscum in fact
Wait, what? the game only started yesterday afternoon my time, and Fridays I always go out for the night so will not be about. I have not been lurking, I have posted every time I have been on the boards.

It's the weekend, and the game only started. Not everyone is about during the weekends I do not spend every minute at the computer.. infact, you will hardly find me at one Friday Afternoon - Sunday afternoon. This will apply to every weekend.

At weekends my time is limited online.. I really think you are reaching considering the game only started yesterday.

my first post yesterday was when I got onto the computer and got the message the game was open along with my movie roll... that was at 2.34pm . I then went out, and when I came home posted again a few times between 3am and 4am... I am now here posting again at 2.49pm local time...

I have not been away for more than 12 hours at a time.. please tell me how that is scum lurking?
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:30 am

Post by milkshake »

A bit touchy are we? 8-)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”