Large Theme Game List (Moderators) (Former)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Large Theme Game List (Moderators)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:17 am

Post by Kinetic »

List Mod: Kinetic

For more (or less) information than given below----> Click!

Themed Games

Themed games are played in the Theme Park forum. Games can be considered themed for 2 reasons: Because they have an obvious theme or because they have different game mechanics. Basically if your game has 13 or more players and it does not qualify as 'normal' it will be played here.

Getting ready to mod

Before requesting to start signups you need to do two things:
1. Get your game setup looked over and reviewed by someone who has experience in large theme game setups.
2. Find a qualified back-up or co-mod. (You cannot mod a large theme game on mafiascum without a co or back-up mod.)
NOTE:
To qualify to mod a large theme game both primary and co/back-up mods must have modded at least two games to successful completion on mafiascum with no history of modding problems.
If you are unsure whether you or your co or back-up mod are qualified, please PM the list mod (currently Kinetic). Please understand, backup mods must follow ALL of the requirements that the mod does, this INCLUDES limits on the amount of games they can mod. Because of this if a mod is already back up modding a LARGE game they are ineligible to backup another LARGE game until the previous game is finished except in extraordinary circumstances or exemption from the List Mod.

Posting your game request

If you're ready to start sign-ups make a post in this thread, and include at least the following information:
  • Your game name.

• The flavour text.
    - Add as much flavour text as you want.
  • The number of players.

• Your experience, if you haven't modded a large theme game before.
    - Please provide links to relevant threads so that the current List Mod can check to see if you're qualified to begin sign-ups. It will make his/her life much more easier.
  • The name of your qualified back-up or co-mod (Remember to list their experience as well).
    - A back-up or co-mod is a requirement, unless you are Dragon Phoenix.
  • Your current mafia modding commitments.
    Including back-up, co-modding, and being on a list waiting to mod.
  • Your back up mod's current mafia modding commitments.
    Including back-up, co-modding, and being on a list waiting to mod.
Sign-ups and Replacements:

If permission is granted for your game, you can start your own signup thread in the queue. From that time sign-ups are open. It would be appreciated if you could keep an up-to-date list of players and needed replacements in the first post of your thread, and keep your thread title updated. If you ever need replacements you can edit your topic title and bump your topic to the top if needed.

Mod Powers

As soon as your game is filled you can request mod powers for the Theme Park Forum by clicking on the Usergroups link at the top of this page and following these steps: Avtoritet --> join group, and the group mod will give you the powers to create a thread and moderate it.

Claiming an idea

You can post here and "claim" a game idea that you are working on. This does not mean that no-one else can run a game with this theme, but it is more about an honour system... i.e. we hope that someone else won't go and design a game with the same theme as one you are working on if they know that you are wanting to run that theme. If more than one person wants to run a particular theme they might decide to get together and collaborate on the game.

Guidelines

(Or, suggestions that are not mandatory.)

List of things that tend to piss the List Mod off

1. Posting anything in the thread that is not an application or related to an application.
1a. This is not a discussion thread, bring anything discussion related to another thread or PM.
1b. Claiming ideas or themes in the thread is fine, although my preferred method of receiving these is through PM. However as I have been rather busy otherwise I suggest doing both in case I miss the PM.

2. Acting as a mod in this thread. Kinetic is the current List Mod, he will deal with enforcing the rules as he sees fit at his discretion. You do not have to, nor does he want you to.

3. Leaving something out of your application. This makes the ListMod's job more difficult. Making the List Mod's job more difficult has two results: 1) Your game takes longer to approve and 2) The List Mod may skip your game for an application that is ready. If the queue is rather full, this may mean your game takes even longer to get started.
3a. If the List Mod informs you that something is missing from your application, he does indeed want you to fix it.
3b. Unless otherwise stated, the List Mod prefers you fix it in thread by either filing an addendum or editing your application. This promotes transparency and the List Mod enjoys transparency.

Golden Rule

The List Mod is as much the servant as the master of the queue.

The mission here is that we work best together, when we are aiming toward the same goal, and that is for everyone to enjoy their time here. This is not an adversarial system, and I do not want anyone to ever feel that it is.

More specifically, my job here is to be as efficient and helpful as possible, to make mods lives easier and facilitate players having fun. If there is anything I can do to achieve those overarching goals and it is in my power to do it, I will strive to do it. Below is merely the application of the general principal to specific factual situations, and if ever there is a choice between fun and a "rule" I will err on the side of fun unless there is a logical reason for the rule.

If you are a mod and...
1) you have an issue with a player in a game, please PM me with the player and the issue. I will always back you up. I'm here to help you run your game smoothly, and anything I can do to help I will.
2) have an issue with the game itself, please PM me ASAP. If it is something I can resolve, I will.
3) have to take a planned absence, please inform me as I can work with you and your back-up mod to make the transitions as smooth as possible to avoid interuption in the game.

If you are a backup mod and...
1) the mod flakes, post in the powers thread linked in this text and PM me ASAP with as much information as you can. All of the List Mods plus Flay and mith keep that thread bookmarked and if I am unavailable they can give you control of the thread to prevent delay or interruption of a game until I can personally deal with it. This situation is my first priority upon checking the site.

If you are a player and...
1) you have an issue with another player PM the mod in the game, and if you feel that the issue is egregious PM myself as well. Generally I will only get involved in certain issues (cheating, fraud, extreme site banning offenses) and will leave game decisions to the mod, but I enjoy being informed on situations that are arising and will work with mods if needed.
2) you have an issue with a mod, either before, during, or after a game, please PM me. If you have a comment/complaint/request I can keep your identity confidential, but the best way I can be informed is if you tell me. I do not have the ability to shadow every game and check on every mod, so PMing me that you had a good/great/bad/horrid mod is some of the best ways I can keep tabs on mods and I am very appreciative for these types of PMs. PLEASE do not post these types of things in a thread though (especially the Modding thread, see things that piss off the List Mod #1) as feelings can be hurt and then issues get clouded, but with this type of information we can remove egos from the equation and facilitate growth and maturity.
3) you have noticed that a mod has flaked, PM myself and the backup mod ASAP. This is the quickest combination to get the game running again.
Last edited by Flying Dutchman on Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:53 am

Post by Kinetic »

Claimed Ideas

In an effort to keep the queue clean please send any claims directly to be via PM and I will post them here.

Note: There is no formal time limit on claimed ideas; however, if you would also like to run a game based on a claimed idea your best bet is to PM myself or the claimant and discuss it with them.

His Dark Materials (ReaperCharlie, 7/29/10)
Internet Mafia (UncertainKitten, 8/2/10)
Sesame Street Large Theme (InHimShalliBe, 10/7/10)
Author Mafia (Untrod Tripod, 10/11/10)
The Brightest Day (Green Lantern) (ReaperCharlie, 1/9/11)
Warcraft Mafia (DemonHybrid, 1/8/11)
Fringe (noraaa, 8/24/11)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Kinetic, 8/24/11)
Katamari Damacy Mafia (Andycyca, 11/1/11)
Angry Beavers Mafia (Kublai Khan, 11/14/11)
Last edited by Flying Dutchman on Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:57 am

Post by the silent speaker »

It might be a good idea to put the claim idea list from the last thread into this one too. I was on that for Simpsons Mafia, and then Stewie came up with one independently of me, plus there were some others. The shelved ideas probably don't need to be transferred, but the others, Mafiascum mafia for instance, maybe if you ping the prospective mods and ask how close they are to running their games... (for the record, my Simpsons game is just about all shinied up and waiting for, besides a stamp of modly approval, an opening in the roster of games I'm playing -- I don't think I can manage to play three or four games
and
mod one, not and expect to do a decent job of either -- and for Night Stalker (lined up as comod) to get a functioning computer. I've got at least one role which is to my knowledge a completely new idea that I haven't seen anywhere yet, which surprises me because it's really a simple logical extension of some roles that are quite common. Also, Stonecutters!)
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:29 am

Post by blackhawk »

I'm co-modding Product Mascot with bloojay
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:36 pm

Post by Morpheus »

Hello. I'm back. I am not going to be playing any games yet but I am going to focus my spare time on my Warcraft game. So there will be a very active mod as I have nothing else to do on this site.
Last edited by Morpheus on Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah..
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:19 pm

Post by Phoebus »

You might want to read the header post and update the link in your sig in a bit.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:50 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Welcome back, Morpheus. I've split all sign-ups off, and they're in your new thread here. Can you PM all players who have signed up to check if they're still interested? It's quite a while since they signed up.......
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:58 am

Post by Morpheus »

Oh ok. I'm wiping sign-ups
So Ill start a new thread.
Yeah..
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:46 am

Post by Macros »

I'd like to claim Wheel of Time, with signups hopefully to start in a few weeks.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:13 am

Post by Phoebus »

:shock:

Welcome back! :D (soon?)
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:50 am

Post by big_kahunia »

welcome back Macros!!!!

I'd like to reserve sports mafia, or maybe more specifcally NBA, NFL, or MLB mafia. The game would likely take place in March or April, when I have more experience modding.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:14 am

Post by Morpheus »

Can you delete the old thread please?
Yeah..
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:05 am

Post by Thoth »

Macros is back :D .

*Jumps with joy*
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:30 am

Post by TBuG »

Me and rolandofthewhite will be co-modding Dark Tower Mafia as soon as we have modding experience. Soon in Mini Theme I'm modding Beetlejuice mafia, so that will be my experience, not sure about roland. Maybe around 20-25 players depending on the roles we figure out.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:35 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

What's Dark Tower?
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:11 am

Post by TBuG »

It's a series of books by Stephen King, about a man named Roland and a lot of really confusing stuff. The seventh, and last, book came out recently.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:52 am

Post by Fuldu »

Oh, damn, I thought it was going to be the old Mac Classic game. I was thinking you were too young to know about that, but maybe you have geek parents. And now a Google search indicates that it's actually Dark Castle. Oh well.

Will the game be spoilery, PBuG? I've only read the first four (i.e. the ones that weren't all published in the last year or so), and I'd rather not get info about characters I haven't met yet.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:07 am

Post by TBuG »

I'm not sure. There is one character that probably would spil a bit, but it actually wouldn't be a surprise if you notice the list of what other books are relevant to the series. It has to do with Salem's Lot.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:10 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

I'll send you some of my role ideas soon, PBuG.

P.S. Actually, my parents
were
nerds! :lol: Ergo, I have indeed heard of/played the old classic Dark Tower game. I still played it, until recently, when the Tower broke. :(

Blame it on the brigands...
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:00 am

Post by willows_weep »

Hm, where does one get mod powers specific to this game type?
Macbeth is full.
I've got status for italy but ...hm...do I even know where this'll be played?
lol...I am so clueless.

uhm help me?
thanks
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:01 am

Post by willows_weep »

ohhh just read FDs post in detail...k. doing that now. bye...sorry.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:35 am

No problem :) You got your powers now!
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:45 am

Post by Cadmium »

Could you add me to the list as well, FD? Thanks!!
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:15 am

you got them! :)
spork76
spork76
I didn't get a role.