Newbie 848 - The Bunny Mafia Family - over finally!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Newbie 848 - The Bunny Mafia Family - over finally!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Incognito »

Newbie 848 - The Bunny Mafia Family

Current Game Status:
Game over.

The scene
: A hospital room.
Scene's characters
: The Bunny Mafia Don on his death bed and his two, sole, living underlings (A.K.A. the mafia!) at his side.

"You two need to continue the tradition of this family in my absence," spoke the Don.
"But boss. We're new to this mafia stuff. You trust us with
this responsibility?
" questioned underling 1.
"Sorta. But either way, what choice do I have? I'm a goner. Before I pass, I do have one request though," whispered the Don.
"Anything, boss," spoke underling 2.
"I want you both... to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and get.... me a sugar cookie," spoke the Don.
"That's............... your request??" questioned both of the underlings increduously.
"Hahaha...
*cough cough cough*
I was only kidding. Don't you two watch Chappelle's Show?" smiled the Don.
Silence filled the room just then. Then, quietly, the Don passed away.
"Man. A great man just died today. A great man. We need to avenge him. Our last names are Bunny just like his. He was our blood. We need to avenge him!!" spoke underling 2.
"In his honor, let's take over this town," spoke underling 1.
"Good idea. Good idea," grinned underling 2.

Message to the Town
: You all are in great danger. The Bunny Mafia family is angry due to the loss of their Don, and they want to avenge him by killing all of you off one by one. Will you let this happen?

Players
(a
dark blue
color indicates that this player is an IC (
inexperience challenged player
) and a
dark red color
indicates that this player is an SE (
semi-experienced player
))

Alive
(1/9)
  • Vel-Rahn Koon
who replaced Manzcar during confirmations)
Mafia Roleblocker
, survives
[/list]
Dead
(8/9)
  • YamiJoey
Townie
myxomatosis'ed
Night 1
  • Sposh
  • (replaced suet_sze_yuriko during confirmations)
    Townie
    lynched
    Day 2
  • MichelSableheart
    Townie
    myxomatosis'ed
    Night 2
  • SaintKerrigan
    Mafia Goon
    lynched
    Day 5
  • Nachomamma8
    Townie
    myxomatosis'ed
    Night 5
  • charter
    Townie
    lynched
    Day 7
  • Netopalis
    Townie
    , end-gamed
  • Haylen
    Townie
    , end-gamed
    [/list]
    Last edited by Incognito on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:03 am, edited 39 times in total.
    [ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
    patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
    If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
    Incognito
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Not Rex

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Incognito »

The Rules

General Rules

• Remember that this is a game. Please enjoy yourself! =)
      • Do not quote any PMs sent to you by me. Since this is a semi-open set-up, this only includes any additional PMs I may send you outside of the role PMs. Doing so will automatically get you mod-killed. Mod-kills will automatically end the day. Period.
      • Please keep all conversation within the thread
        unless your role PM specifies otherwise.
        If I find out that chatting is going on outside of the thread, you will be mod-killed.
      • If you have any questions about the game, please feel free to PM me.
      • Please confirm your role to me via PM.
      • No invisible text may be used within the thread. If you have editing abilities, you may not edit your posts.
    Voting, Lynching, and Death

• Votes should be cast using the following format –
        Vote: Person X
        . I will not count votes that are not
        bolded
        Unvoting
        is not required, but it is helpful and will make me happy. You wanna make me happy, right?
      • Lynching will require a majority of votes. You may
        Vote: No Lynch
        if you decide that you do not want to lynch during the day. No Lynching will also require a majority of votes. Once the number of votes reaches the number required for a lynch to occur, that decision is final. Any subsequent unvotes will not be counted. You (everyone except the person who has been lynched) may feel free to converse during this period (called Twilight) until the thread is locked.
      • Important: If you get killed or are lynched, you are dead. You may not post anything afterwards. Not even a “Bah!” post. Srsly. Save it for post-game discussion.
      • At deadline, no majority = no lynch. Chyeah.
    Activity

• I expect everyone to post regularly. If I see that a player has not posted for longer than a 72 hour time period and the player has not notified me about this, I will prod said player. If the person fails to pick up his her/prod within 48 hours of the prod, that player will be replaced. If you are prodded more than three times, you will be replaced (negotiable). If you are prodded, you must respond to the prod in-thread.
      • Treat this game as a commitment and be courteous to your fellow players. I find that this is the best way for everyone to enjoy the game. Thanks. =)
      • Each day will automatically have a set deadline of three (3) weeks. In special circumstances, I may extend the deadline at the request of the players or my own discretion.
    Golden Rule Reiterated

• Again, remember to have fun! =D
    Last edited by Incognito on Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
    Incognito
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Not Rex

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by Incognito »

Ze Set-Up

This Newbie game is what is called "semi-open" and will be utilizing the F11 set-up. Your set-up could look like any one of the following:
    • 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon, 7 Normal Townies
    • 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Normal Townies
    • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 6 Normal Townies
    • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Normal Townies
    If either of the first two set-ups are being used and the situation occurs where the Mafia Goon is lynched first, the Mafia Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:

Incog-Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
    name
    . Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
    • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
    • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
    • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
    • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
    Incog-Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner,
    name
    . Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
    • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
    • As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
    • Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block. If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether your roleblock worked or not.
    • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
    • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
    • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
    Town-Aligned players:

Incog-Mod wrote:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
    • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
    • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
    • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
    • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
    Incog-Mod wrote:

You are the local law enforcement and can tell the good guys from the bad.
    • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
    • The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
    • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
    • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
    Incog-Mod wrote:

You are the local physician and can protect people from harm.
    • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
    • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
    • You may not protect yourself.
    • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).
    Incognito
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Not Rex

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Incognito »

All role PMs have been sent. Mafia may talk during pre-game. This game will begin in about 72 hours from the time stamp of this post assuming everyone confirms to me
    via PM
    within the allotted time period.

To add this game to your "Watched Topics", use this link.
    Incognito
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Not Rex

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:06 am

Post by Incognito »

Manzcar has requested replacement due to personal issues. Gonna grab one now.

broncofaninmd will be replacing Manzcar. I might need a replacement for suet_sze_yuriko also since his role PM is still sitting in my outbox. If he doesn't open it by later today, I will get one and hopefully have this game open tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.
    Incognito
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Not Rex

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by Incognito »

I picked up Sposh for suet_sze_yuriko. Game will begin in 24 hours.
    Incognito
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Not Rex

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Incognito »

Still waiting on a confirmation from Sposh, but I'll open the game up now anyway since everyone else has confirmed.

With 9 alive, 5 votes will do it. Your Day 1 deadline falls on Tuesday, October 20th at 6 P.M. EDT. Good luck and have fun, everyone!
    Nachomamma8
    Nachomamma8
    Devil in the Details
    Nachomamma8
    Devil in the Details
    Devil in the Details

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: TheBeanBurrito

I don't want him stinking up this game.
    "Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
    TheBeanBurrito
    TheBeanBurrito
    Townie
    TheBeanBurrito
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by TheBeanBurrito »

Nachos (Real Nachos anyway) have beans as well, you know.
    The obvious silliness aside, I do hope you have batter reason that that.
    Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine.
    Give me your soul.... please?
    TheBeanBurrito
    TheBeanBurrito
    Townie
    TheBeanBurrito
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by TheBeanBurrito »

And better spelling than my attempt at 'better'.
    Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine.
    Nachomamma8
    Nachomamma8
    Devil in the Details
    Nachomamma8
    Devil in the Details
    Devil in the Details

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

No need for better reasoning just yet... This is the random voting stage, which means mostly-random voting in order to have something to go on.
    "Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Sposh
    Sposh
    Goon
    Sposh
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by Sposh »

Whoo hoo, finally confirmed!! Hey guys!

Vote: Nachomama
    for using a horrrrible pun in his username =P
    I want it now // I want it now
    Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
    Tehstefan
    Tehstefan
    Townie
    Tehstefan
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by Tehstefan »

Vote Sposh
    Puns are great, how dare you demean them!
    Sposh
    Sposh
    Goon
    Sposh
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Post by Sposh »

No, THIS is a great pun:

A thief attempted to steal paintings from the Louvre in Paris, but was caught 2 blocks away when his van ran out of gas. All the thief could say for himself was: “I had no MONET to buy DEGAS to make the VAN GOGH. But I tried for it anyway because I had nothing TOULOUSE!”

sxizzor
    sxizzor
    Townie
    sxizzor
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:22 am

Post by sxizzor »

Sposh wrote:No, THIS is a great pun:

A thief attempted to steal paintings from the Louvre in Paris, but was caught 2 blocks away when his van ran out of gas. All the thief could say for himself was: “I had no MONET to buy DEGAS to make the VAN GOGH. But I tried for it anyway because I had nothing TOULOUSE!”
    hahaha i love that joke

Vote tehstefan
    for his inability to differentiate good puns from bad ones
    MichelSableheart
    MichelSableheart
    Mafia Scum
    MichelSableheart
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:44 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Hello everyone, hope we have a fun game.

I'm your IC for this game, which means I'm here to play along while helping you with questions about game theory, mafia in general, and mafiascum traditions.

One of those traditions is the random voting stage. It is generally accepted that in the beginning of a game, when there isn't much to work with, players vote each other randomly and joke around a bit, in the hope to get reactions, use those to get a read on players, and use the information gained in that way to really start the game.

Personally, I don't agree with that. It is my belief that, if you want to get the game started, the best way to do that is to take actions that actually help the game move forward. That may mean pushing small scumtells you have found. That may mean asking people game relevant questions in order to get people discussing something useful. It definately means that you should actively be looking for scum, rather then fooling around.

Nachomamma, your answer of 'I don't need good reasons, this is the random voting stage' only stifles discussion. It completely takes the sting out of your vote, places no pressure whatsoever, and encourages people to fool around.

Sposh, how does your post 13 contribute to finding the scum?
    There is no 'a' in Michel.
    Sposh
    Sposh
    Goon
    Sposh
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Sposh »

It doesn't. It's a part of the random voting stage!

Nachomamma8
    Nachomamma8
    Devil in the Details
    Nachomamma8
    Devil in the Details
    Devil in the Details

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MichelSableheart wrote:<snip>
    One of those traditions is the random voting stage. It is generally accepted that in the beginning of a game, when there isn't much to work with, players vote each other randomly and joke around a bit, in the hope to get reactions, use those to get a read on players, and use the information gained in that way to really start the game.

Personally, I don't agree with that. It is my belief that, if you want to get the game started, the best way to do that is to take actions that actually help the game move forward. That may mean pushing small scumtells you have found. That may mean asking people game relevant questions in order to get people discussing something useful. It definately means that you should actively be looking for scum, rather then fooling around.
    <snip>
    But what actions do you take? In fooling around and drawing reactions from people such as you, you can get a general idea of who wishes to get the lynch first. For example, townies can spam for pages and pages without regret, but usually, the scum is the first to step in and accuse, just for the sake of getting the game started. And if no one is fooling around, what scumtells do you have to draw from? Absolutely nothing.

Secondly, I feel asking game relevant questions is much more beneficial to scum. By asking innocent-seeming questions that will ultimately result in an advantage to scum, scum can rolefish with minimalistic risk. The newer players who are unsure what questions to ask, however, are crucified because of what questions they end up asking in the end, and any old scum can cause a mislynch immediately. It's much harder for scum to decide what to do/how to act in the RVS than in a questions game, and I prefer to give Mafiosos the minimal of breathing room. Of course, since you find pursuing small scum-tells more important, here's me pursuing one:

Unvote, Vote: MichelSableHeart

Please explain why game relevant questions benefit the town more than the RVS does.

TheBeanBurrito
    TheBeanBurrito
    Townie
    TheBeanBurrito
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by TheBeanBurrito »

*Popcorn*
    Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine.
    Jase
    Jase
    Goon
    Jase
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Jase »

Vote: TheBeanBurrito

Who I have confirmed as scum by process of alliteration.
    I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
    TheBeanBurrito
    TheBeanBurrito
    Townie
    TheBeanBurrito
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by TheBeanBurrito »

Which alliteration? My name, or sig.
    Oddly enough, the one time I played prior to this, I was voted as scum for voting randomly the first day. Not that I don't, I am voted for again. What luck! Hahaha.
    Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine.
    Nachomamma8
    Nachomamma8
    Devil in the Details
    Nachomamma8
    Devil in the Details
    Devil in the Details

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

IC Guy wrote: I'm your IC for this game, which means I'm here to play along while helping you with questions about game theory, mafia in general, and mafiascum traditions.

It's just considered standard procedure here... so next time, if someone gets mad at you for random voting, get mad at them for questioning it ;)

TheBeanBurrito
    TheBeanBurrito
    Townie
    TheBeanBurrito
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by TheBeanBurrito »

Oh, I don't care. I just went into this round telling myself I wouldn't random vote, and irony had it in for me. I think it's amusing.
    That is, I was assuming you were talking to me.
    Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine.
    Jase
    Jase
    Goon
    Jase
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Jase »

TheBeanBurrito wrote:Which alliteration? My name, or sig.
    Oddly enough, the one time I played prior to this, I was voted as scum for voting randomly the first day. Not that I don't, I am voted for again. What luck! Hahaha.
    Your name. Obviously you are a member of the dreaded bunny family.
    I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
    Incognito
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Incognito
    Not Rex
    Not Rex

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by Incognito »

Bumping a vote count.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”