Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Sanjay »

lewarcher82, you are assuming that the mafia win condition is "lynch all townies". Casey might very well win if her lynch becomes impossible and might even win if ever mafia equal town.

Unless you know the mafia win condition, I don't understand why you are so sure Casey is town.

Anyway, you can prevail in LYLO just as much as you ever could no matter who the lynch is. So can Casey. Assuming everyone is being honest about their roleclaims, you need to be involved in tomorrow's lynch no matter what. The most votes either Excedrin or I could have is 2, and that's not enough to secure a lynch.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:17 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Weak, but true. I need a general re-read. I'll do it tonight. For the time being, I just
Unvote both

OT: I apologise if I missed important info and stupidely asked for a pointless claim. I submitted my PHD thesis this morning, now my chest is lighter and I can play in a more relaxed and concentrated mood.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:23 am

Post by Sanjay »

As far as your thesis goes, that's awesome! Congratulations.

As far as the game goes, I have a question:

If you ignore setup speculation, do you really have a town read on Casey? Or is your belief she is town solely based on your beliefs about the setup.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:48 am

Post by Casey »

Ugh. There is no way Sanjay is town after all that.
Casey might very well win if her lynch becomes impossible
Did you mean Excedrin? Because you certainly couldn't have meant me. How could I even win with my role if I was scum? The mafia can't kill in this game, which probably means the mafia don't know who their partner or SK is.

So Rosso didn't quick-hammer Day 2 because he was worried that he found his scumbuddy.

Vote: Sanjay
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Empking »

[0/1] Casey (1) Excedrin
[1/2] Excedrin (0)
[2/2]lewarcher82 (0):
[3]Sanjay (1) Casey

5 to Lynch
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Sanjay »

That's some pretty nice selective quoting there.

Yeah, the part I quoted didn't make that much sense. Unless we have a lewarcher82-Casey endgame, your lynch becoming an impossibility is never going to be relevant. It probably was an error on my part to mention it because it isn't that important.

Did you not read the rest of my quote? The part about how you could win if the mafia equal town?

Explain how all this means I am scum, Casey. You should have a pretty amazing case because apparently in your eyes there is no way I am town.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:28 am

Post by Sanjay »

If you really think there is no way I am town you have a profoundly bad imagination.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Excedrin »

Casey wrote:Did you mean Excedrin? Because you certainly couldn't have meant me. How could I even win with my role if I was scum?
If mafia wincondition is the typical majority one, then, step 1, survive to final 3, step 2 get someone town lynched.
Casey wrote:The mafia can't kill in this game, which probably means the mafia don't know who their partner or SK is.

So Rosso didn't quick-hammer Day 2 because he was worried that he found his scumbuddy.
That's an idea. So Rosso thought lewarcher82 was his scumbuddy? I don't really see it, I think that's a stretch. The idea that mathcam thought le Chat was his scumbuddy (either because it was mentioned in PM or based on his read of the thread) seems more likely considering mathcam is now proven mafia.

Alright,
Vote: Casey, Casey

We'll see the results of lewarcher82's reread tomorrow.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Sanjay »

Vote: Casey
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Sanjay »

Vote: Casey
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Sanjay »

VOTE: CASEY

HAMMAH!!!!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:01 am

Post by Empking »

Sanjay ran, despite any protests from Lewarcher and tackled Casey to outside the dice case. "I think you're scum. You're scum, ain't you?"

"How'd you know?"

"Because of that."

Casey was Snake Eyes. Temporary One Voter, Mafia. Was Lynched.

Town Wins.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Empking »

You are Snake Eyes. I think that’s double ones this means that you always land on 1, well at least twice. Now because that’s more of a result than a dice you have conspired with Double Sixes (XXX) to kill everyone else.

Until the Second Successful Lynch (until two players have been lynched) your vote only counts as one.

You may Day Talk with Double Sixes (XXX). Double Sixes (XXX) is part of your mafia and shares your alignment.

You win if the mafia makes up 50% (numbers) or more of the town.

You are Double Six. That’s really good (Unless its your third double in a row and you’re playing monopoly) Now where was I? Oh yes, as you’re a result rather than a die type you’ve conspired with Snake Eyes (YYY) to kill everyone else.

If you hammer a player then on the next day you require one extra vote to be lynched. If you hammer a player twice in a row you require two more votes to be lynched for that one day. You are physically unable to hammer a player for the third time in a row. (For fear of Jail)

You may Day Talk with Snake Eyes (YYY). Snake Eyes (YYY) is part of your mafia and shares your alignment.

Town:

You are A Swarm of Aliens From The Planet Otteffs. Your alien species kind of looks like a black groove. Why are you in a game called Dice Mafia? 1. You live on Dice. 2. Your eggs look like dice.

While your alive, every player’s vote is increased by one.

You win when the Mafia is no longer a threat to you conquering the galaxy.

You are A Weighted Dice. Not a very good one considering you always land on the second best result but still that’s better than nothing.

Your vote is the number of players/2 rounded down. If there are six players your vote is worth three, for example.

You win when the mafia is eliminated.

You are A Die Made Of Shark Tooth. Is that legal? Who knows? You’re a vanilla townie.

You win when the Mafia is dead.

You are a Red Die. Dyed with Red Dye? Let that question be with you as you get over the fact that you’re only a Vanilla Townie.

You win when only Town remains.

You are Snake Eyes. I think that’s double ones this means that you always land on 1, well at least twice. Now because that’s more of a result than a dice you have conspired with Double Sixes (Mathcam) to kill everyone else.

Until the Second Successful Lynch (until two players have been lynched) your vote only counts as one.

You may Day Talk with Double Sixes (Mathcam). Double Sixes (Mathcam) is part of your mafia and shares your alignment.

You are Double Six. That’s really good (Unless its your third double in a row and you’re playing monopoly) Now where was I? Oh yes, as you’re a result rather than a die type you’ve conspired with Snake Eyes (Le Chat) to kill everyone else.

If you hammer a player then on the next day you require one extra vote to be lynched. If you hammer a player twice in a row you require two more votes to be lynched for that one day. You are physically unable to hammer a player for the third time in a row. (For fear of Jail)

You may Day Talk with Snake Eyes (Le Chat). Snake Eyes (Le Chat) is part of your mafia and shares your alignment.

Town:

You are A Swarm of Aliens From The Planet Otteffs. Your alien species kind of looks like a black groove. Why are you in a game called Dice Mafia? 1. You live on Dice. 2. Your eggs look like dice.

While your alive, every player’s vote is increased by one.

You win when the Mafia is no longer a threat to you conquering the galaxy.

You are A Weighted Dice. Not a very good one considering you always land on the second best result but still that’s better than nothing.

Your vote is the number of players/2 rounded down. If there are six players your vote is worth three, for example.

You win when the mafia is eliminated.

You are A Die Made Of Shark Tooth. Is that legal? Who knows? You’re a vanilla townie.

You win when the Mafia is dead.

You are a Red Die. Dyed with Red Dye? Let that question be with you as you get over the fact that you’re only a Vanilla Townie.

You win when only Town remains.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Excedrin »

Good game, thanks for modding. That was a very weird theme, at the start I thought it was likely that each role would be a dice, but after Nachomamma's flip I had no idea .

I'm not sure if the dice mechanic actually changed much, except for the day we NL'd in order to reroll votes. Basically, some days had reduced majority.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Sanjay »

Thank goodness. After Excedrin decided not to wait for Casey's case on me, I was almost positive he was town, and I was almost positive lewarcher82 was town since he started this impassioned defense of Casey. I really have no idea what I would do if I had to lynch one of them.

Bad luck, Casey, that we had enough votes to lynch you without lewarcher82's permission. But good luck that you rolled a one on day 4. I'm really, really, sorry if your feelings were genuinely hurt!

mathcam, you hadn't done anything enormously scummy, but the problem was that no one had and you were the best choice. I'm sorry if you felt like your lynch was kind of arbitrary.

lewarcher82, I did call you out for having ridiculous defenses and I stand by that, but your defenses were also effective. Thanks for being so clearly town.

Also, told you so.

Excedrin, we make a great team! I was so pleased when you said "we should lynch mathcam or Sanjay" and I said "Okay, I choose mathcam" and you said "Okay". That was some really compelling scumhunting there.

Empking, I really enjoyed the setup! Thanks a lot for letting me replace in.

le Chat and Nacho, I'm sorry I didn't get to play with you. You seem like fun players to play with.

And lastly, Rosso Carne, I hope I made you proud.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:57 am

Post by Excedrin »

Sanjay wrote:Excedrin, we make a great team! I was so pleased when you said "we should lynch mathcam or Sanjay" and I said "Okay, I choose mathcam" and you said "Okay". That was some really compelling scumhunting there.
:) that's just how I :roll:
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:10 am

Post by Sanjay »

And as for day 4, it's always a little disconcerting when another player seems to agree with everything you say, but it was also kind of nice.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by Casey »

Not the best time for me to get frustrated, and then realized that I replaced into a game where I could be the only person who was the remaining scum.

So I knew I was going to lose as soon as I read the thread. I just wanted to see how long I could draw the game out.

Three pages. Not too bad. Helped me vent. :)
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by Sanjay »

True. I don't know how you could have talked your way out of that one.

If you somehow managed to get Excedrin or I lynched and you were lucky enough to roll another 1 you would have a shot. It would have been a monumental task to even get to LYLO.

You certainly played well enough in a terrible situation.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by ortolan »

This game was interesting to read and the setup looks cool, rather original
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

I apologise. I was really convinced he was town. Good job and sorry.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Sanjay »

No worries. Your impassioned defense of Casey was actually pretty awesome, because it allowed me to have a ridiculously solid town read on you.

If for some reason I was wrong about Casey, even though I was pretty sure about Excedrin being town, it would be a pretty easy decision in LYLO.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Empking, if I could make one suggestion, even though the roles are closed and the flavor is unknown, I would have suggested the mafia get a safeclaim.

Not that I needed any more evidence against Casey, but the fact that we had scum-boxcars and claimed-snake eyes did seem a little suspicious to me.

If I was in Casey's situation, I very well might have fake claimed.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Good work, especially to Excederin and Sanjay.

Lewarcher, I was convinved you were scum after your vote on me for a while, but I really think your defense of Casey made you look decidedly town, like Sanjay said.

Sanjay, good work overall. Hmm... I thought you and Excedrin were neighbors because of the mathcam lynch, but I guess you just clicked...

Excedrin, good read after mathcam's death. You really gained way more information from that death than anyone else...

Mathcam, tough luck. Next time though, don't make buddying to your partner so obvious... If I had a lurking partner like that, I probably would've hammered and made myself that much tougher to lynch, and gained a ton of town trust points...

Casey, you were too hesitant, and I think it would've been a better idea to attack Sanjay at that point instead of claiming a town read and sounding so unsure. Because the only truly scummy thing Le Chat did (in my eyes) was lurk, you really could've torn Sanjay up and used your role as more protection than anything else by sticking to lewarcher like glue. But at that point, there was really nothing you could do, and I think you put up a good fight.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”