zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Mini 790- Skywalker Mafia: Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 9:51 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

He cringed in abject terror. That precious luxury which so many of us refer to as time, defined as some abstract fourth-dimensional concept whose mysteries only yield to MIT professors studying multivariable calculus, had much more crudely abandoned him to die, to despair, to suffer eternal humiliation. Perhaps I should explain the circumstances…

It was 1987. Jonathan Kemp had left his Biophysics class to meet the love of his life. He walked quickly through the courtyard of Yale University, pondering in his mind how the heck he would manage to keep his already falling grades at the standard he needed to get his Doctorate by the fall. Life had taken him through a bunch of random, sometimes loathful places, like Vietnam and Sudan. Certain of academic prosperity to come, Kemp had voluntarily enlisted to fly himself over into the teeming vat of half-starved, naked kids and mosquitoes the size of golf balls that was Vietnam. Of course, the well-known effects of the place- PTSD, nightmares, random tropical diseases, and the self-debasement of having to change to civilian clothes in an airport to stop the crowd’s hating eyes and frantically fearful attitudes towards meeting one of the creeps of the My lai massacre, among other horrors- shaped Kemp’s life as much as the next traumatized, “left-out-to-dry” ‘Nam veteran. Ah, life. Who could have known that the quality of veteran life would suck this much under everyone’s favorite Georgie H? After he had come back home, he had gotten the standard veteran’s compensation of some attempt at mental therapy and a free ticket to college, but lots of the damage his mind had gotten would stay there for a long time to come.

At least his future had looked bright. Kemp attacked his studies like a rabid dog attacks his master. He took Physics, Biology, Calculus, and every possible insanely high level undergrad class he could get his hands on, and succeeded with flying colors. Straight A’s, Dean’s List, and professors that loved his participation and genius in their class, what more could a freshman want? When he got to his junior year he applied with a billion recommendations to the five year BA/MS degree at Yale, and got in. Sadly, his academic success was put on hold the day after he got the good news, by a masked gunman who robbed him and shot him in the chest on the way home from a nearby Taco Bell. The surgeon would later say that he had come within five minutes of dying. Whether it was a good or bad thing, the ER worked its magic and turned Kemp out, back into the world within a couple of months of his wound. Much to his chagrin, Yale refused to honor his acceptance letter as the Registrar had conveniently forgotten to insert Kemp’s name into the student list- they claimed that he had either forged the letter or stolen in from somebody else- so he left Yale for a couple of years to study abroad, buoyed by a professor’s generosity. He traveled throughout the world, going to Africa, China, Brazil, Japan, Spain, and Italy. Of course, Italy was the one that would dominate the rest of his life.

In Italy Kemp, intended to learn the language and customs in three to four months before returning to the United States. He spent his time sightseeing, enjoying himself at the awe-inspiring Vatican, the beautiful castle of Milan, and the winding canals of Vienna. At last he decided to visit Valetea, a small island just off the southern coast of Italy. It seemed tranquil at first, almost likeable, but these observations failed to run through his mind at the sight of her. She walked with a strange poise, a kind, yet cold aloofness of stature, yet she possessed a beauty unimaginable. He beheld her seraphic face walking silently down the seemingly deserted street, assuredly placing delicate foot on the road after delicate foot. Blinded with passion, Kemp’s heart beat towards her. His soul cried out in longing at the first glimpse of her long black hair, dark as the coldness of the devil’s heart. He watched her walk, in awe at her seeming perfection, pondering if she was a vision, a siren pulling him towards the jagged rocks of her bosom. He strode towards her.

“Hey there!” he said.
“Why hello, who might you be?”
“My name is Jonathan Kemp. I’m a traveler, so to speak”
“Really? I love tourists that come here. My name is Julia.”
“That’s funny. Most countries I go to aren’t very friendly towards tourists, never mind the people.”
“Most everyone is. I find them interesting. It must be fun to roam the world, seeing new sights, meeting new people.”
“So, um, Julia –can I call you Julia? - have you lived here long?”
“All my life. My father and I manage the restaurant down the street. Would you like to come and eat with me?"

A stutter was enough to send him plunging down the waterfall of tainted love. Days turned to months of contraceptives, lust, and inflamed passion of youth that Kemp savored with all his heart. He could not bear to leave her, so he invited her to live with him while he worked on his doctorate at Yale. She refused.

Months passed. Kemp went back to the United States to begin his graduate work, but all he could ever think of was his months in Valetea, savoring the beauty and happiness of Julia's smile. One by one his friends left him, turned away by his new odd personality. He was cold, selfish, and unaware of the emotions and needs the people he grew up with felt towards him. His past life seemed to him futile, and although he did worry in his biophysics class, he did nothing to stop his grades from falling more, his friends from deserting him, his professors putting him on academic probation. But finally, Julia sent him a letter of consent to visit him at Yale, which is why he was rushing that day to meet the love of his life.
Last edited by zwetschenwasser on Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:03 am, edited 13 times in total.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 9:57 am

The Herald Tribune: Society Page

Alive:
Sironigous
Sajin
ZazieR

Dead:
Jonathan Steepvan, friend of "Skywalker"......
Neutral Not-Player

millar13,
Vanilla townie
.............Lynched Day 1
Azhrei,
Vanilla townie
.................Killed Night 1
ortolan,
Insane doctor
...............Killed Night 2
Kreriov,
Semi-random nexus
.......Lynched Day 2
Kise,
Watcher
............................Lynched Day 3
ThAdmiral
Chocolate Townie
........Endgamed
MafiaSSK
Chocolate Townie
.........Endgamed
Knight of Cydonia
Strawberry Townie
......Endgamed
Starbuck
Hider
......................Endgamed

Our current dogma, plagiarized from General Harlidurtar:
<0> I am the Mod thy God. If a dispute arises, my decision is final. That said, I am not infallible - if I make a mistake or you have a question, please inform me of the problem (preferably via PM or bold text) and I will correct it.
<1> This is a game. I hope that you have fun. In return, I ask that you not have your fun at the expense of the other players in this game.
<1a> Attempting to use loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage in the game is considered jackassery, and will be treated as such. This applies to things like encrypted codes, invisible text, editing and deleting posts, trying to use the structure of the role PM to gain an advantage, etc. Please, use your common sense!
<2> If there is a conflict between a role and the rules, the role wins.
<3> Quoting private communications (role PM, mason conversations, etc.) or pretending to do the same will result in a modkill. Paraphrasing, however, is not only acceptable but encouraged unless I explicitly say otherwise.
<4> You may not talk with other people about this game outside of the thread (but see Rule 2).
<5> To help the game run smoothly, votes and FoS'es should be made in bold text, and use the format Vote: XXXX and FoS: XXXX, respectively. An unvote and/or unFoS is required to remove a vote or FoS; to unvote or unFoS, please use the format Unvote: XXXX or UnFoS: XXXX.
<6> If a player has a majority of votes, that player is lynched and cannot be unvoted. You may talk during twilight unless I state otherwise.
<7> This is a day/night type open setup. After a lynch or a majority of votes to no lynch, the game moves into night. Only role names that contain the name "Mafia" in any way, shape, or form may talk at night.
<8> When you die, stop posting. You may make a single "Bah!"/"Frak you!"/etc. post in the thread. You may not include game content in this post. In addition, once you are dead, please do not discuss the game with anyone other than the Mod until the game is over, as this makes the mod's life easier.
<9> This game will start on Day 1 after all players have confirmed, in thread. I will not accept PM confirmations.
<10> Any player who is modkilled automatically loses the game. I will modkill in the fashion that I deem most damaging to the modkilled player's faction.
<11> I reserve the right to add rules if necessary (or if I really, really want to).
<12> Please respect any restrictions outlined in your role PM. Not following them really just ruins the game for everyone.
<13> Okay, that's enough formal-sounding stuff. Good luck, have fun!
<14> All latent abilities activated during the day will be revealed in the thread before their activation. Note that this does not guarantee that latent abilities exist.

Role PM's being distributed. Please wait for the go-ahead before confirming in-thread.
Last edited by zwetschenwasser on Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:02 am, edited 11 times in total.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 11:34 am

Please confirm in-thread
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 11:39 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

/confirm
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Sironigous »

/confirm
Trinka Trinka!
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Sajin »

/confirm
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Guybrush Threepwood
Guybrush Threepwood
Townie
Guybrush Threepwood
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Guybrush Threepwood »

/confirmation
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Azhrei »

/confirm
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Lab Mafia
Lab Mafia
Goon
Lab Mafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Lab Mafia »

/confirming
Join http://ncisbuilding.proboards.com/index.cgi http://erniewan.proboards.com/index.cgi and http://www.aimentlart.proboards.com/index.cgi
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by ortolan »

more /confirmed than you
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

/confirm'd
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Sting
Sting
Townie
Sting
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Post by Sting »

/confirm
Signatures are for people who feel the need to tell you the same thing every time you read one of their posts.
Kreriov
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Kreriov
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 12:32 am

Post by Kreriov »

/confirm
Kreriov
-Most people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 10:35 am

Santos and Zazie, come on to the chopping block please
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by ZazieR »

*glare*

/con
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Zwet wrote:<flavor text coming soon!>

*an ex sex fla*

;)
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 8:48 pm

Post by Santos »

/confirm
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 9:01 am

No zaz, no exciting sex flavor in this game. Begin Day 1!
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Sironigous »

Woo!

Vote: Santos

holding us up. >_>
Trinka Trinka!
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Azhrei »

Vote: Ortolan

That's for being so damn sneaky.

Oh, and hi to all those i've played with before.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 10:54 am

Post by Sajin »

vote ZazieR

For making me replace you.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Sting
Sting
Townie
Sting
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Sting »

vote: Azhrei

just 'cause
Guybrush Threepwood
Guybrush Threepwood
Townie
Guybrush Threepwood
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 1:53 pm

Post by Guybrush Threepwood »

vote: Sting

No reason.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Hi.

I'm a Miller

(and like that the random phase ends...)
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

ThAdmiral wrote:Hi.

I'm a Miller

(and like that the random phase ends...)
And the Miller WIFOM begins.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”