Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

Vote Count, Day 1
hiphop ( 0 )
Budja ( 1 ) - SpyreX
charter ( 0 )
crypto ( 4 ) - Hoopla - Energetic Penguin - roflcopter charter
CSL ( 4 ) - RedCoyote - sigma - Pads - idiotking
elvis_knits ( 1 ) - Vi
Energetic Penguin ( 4 ) - hitogoroshi - popsofctown - hiphop - imaginality
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 1 ) - idiotking
imaginality ( 1 ) - crypto
Infinis ( 1 ) - RayFrost
EtherealCookie ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 1 ) - Infinis
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Psychologic ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 1 ) - sotty7
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 1 ) - Budja
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 4 ) - EtherealCookie - Psychologic - Maemuki - CSL
Total Votes ( 24 )

With 24 alive, 13 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 1st, 11am EST

So anyway guys, sometimes i post before i finish reading a page. It's funner that way.

But reading the rest of the page, I saw Crypto quote himself and Charter's paraphrasing seems way too strong. As it actually was, Crypto never waffled and there's nothing wrong with crypto as far as the last two pages go at least.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:32 am

Post by imaginality »

rofl wrote:he used it to accuse idiotking of exactly the same thing - not taking a stance on anyone and leaving himself room to adjust his views to get in line with what other people are thinking.
crypto wrote:More scum points to Imaginality for softly accusing like fifty different people of scumminess.
Not seeing either point. In that post:

People I said look scummy: EP, EK, Mae, IK, CSL
People I was ambiguous about: Hoopla, rofl
People I said look towny: crypto, charter, Pads, RC, Sotty
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:39 am

Post by crypto »

D'oh, ctually, you're right. I'm not used to the inflated number of scum in a twenty-five-player game.

Vote sticks, though, for other, more important reasons.
Choo, choo.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:40 am

Post by imaginality »

Re. Sotty, I like her style. She makes some helpful points e.g. iso 3 iso 5, and strikes a good balance between pressuring her suspect (sigma at the mo) and still noticing and questioning other people. Her playstyle seems pro-town to me and she hasn't done anything scummy that I can see, so.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:42 am

Post by Idiotking »

imaginality wrote: I'm also keeping a close eye on IdiotKing - his fence-sittingy post (652) gave him ample room to join the wagon but makes him look good if it goes nowhere.
I like how you say this without commenting on the fact that I repeatedly tried to point out that it was an assumption. I made it very clear that I thought it was stupid for people to vote for that reason.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:43 am

Post by charter »

imaginality wrote:Crypto said the same thing about there being two scumteams in 577. Why didn't people pick up on it there? Makes it seem more likely that this wagon was a case of people jumping on charter's point.
Crypto didn't make that post, and it doesn't say anything about teams. Is that the correct post you are thinking of?
Vi wrote:
charter 682 wrote:Vi is starting to rise fast on my scumdar because she keeps throwing accusations everywhere but none of them are sticking.
That's because none of the people who are being voted are people I particularly want to lynch.
Why, exactally, does my behavior make me
more likely to be scum
(not intentional) and
more likely to be annoying
(entirely intentional)?

That goes to everyone who has decided to parrot the question. My vote is moving around; my stances are for the most part not.

@charter: How Hoopla is obvTown to you is beyond my understanding; please show me what you see.
Because jumping all over the place with your accusations is a great way to lynch just anyone and a poor way of getting your top suspect lynched. Your play looks like it would benefit a scumyou more than a townyou. That's really suprising that no one being wagoned you wouldn't lynch. I never said anything about you being annoying, I don't think you are being annoying.

Just finished a game with Hooplascum and her play here is quite different. She is much more aggressive and is actually doing dirty work herself as opposed to just posting infrequent snipes and repeating what others say. Guess that won't really convince you of my read, but I'm not really that interested in doing so.

Crypto is also now really flailing, pretty much going for anyone he can.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:47 am

Post by charter »

popsofctown wrote:So anyway guys, sometimes i post before i finish reading a page. It's funner that way.

But reading the rest of the page, I saw Crypto quote himself and Charter's paraphrasing seems way too strong. As it actually was, Crypto never waffled and there's nothing wrong with crypto as far as the last two pages go at least.
I didn't paraphrase anything, I quoted his words. Crypto did backtrack.

His quote where he made everything large he said first, then later he said "Again, I would not be surprised if there is only one scum team" after he was called on his claimed fact.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:51 am

Post by imaginality »

Looking back at your other reasons for voting me:

I'm now seriously questioning why Elvis's one post was enough to give him a "shifting from town to scum" slant on me ...

The one post was all I mentioned in the stream of consciousness bit, but my gut read was based on having read all your posts. I can do as I did for RayFrost and expand on where that read came from but that post was more about summarising where I was at more so than why.

because I was the one who brought up the case against Mae, and if you look, Imag has a scum read on Mae. If he thinks Mae is scum, why is he so quick to be leaning toward a scum read on me?

Multiple scum groups means this point fails.

I find it especially dubious because I'm baffled that he finds Elvis's case against me so strong, but even without that bias this is a huge red flag. FOS: Imaginality.

Exaggeration: I didn't find elvis's case against you 'so strong', or I'd have put you in the clearly scum bracket.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:54 am

Post by imaginality »

charter wrote:
imaginality wrote:Crypto said the same thing about there being two scumteams in 577. Why didn't people pick up on it there? Makes it seem more likely that this wagon was a case of people jumping on charter's point.
Crypto didn't make that post, and it doesn't say anything about teams. Is that the correct post you are thinking of?
Ah, sorry, 1 off. 578:
crypto wrote:In this game, there are two factions.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:54 am

Post by crypto »

charter wrote:Crypto is also now really flailing, pretty much going for anyone he can.
And ONCE AGAIN Charter proves his illiteracy.
crypto, iso. 36 wrote:
FOS: Imaginality.
crypto, iso. 76 wrote:Imaginality is very scummy, for reasons outlined some time ago.
Vote: imaginality.
Will hopefully come up with something more entertaining later today.
Your Hoopla meta is a load of crap. Her play varies immensely.
imaginality wrote:Multiple scum groups means this point fails.
Not necessarily, I don't think. But
unvote
. The guy just made a sensible argument following my attack on him. Something Mae and Elvis have not done.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by imaginality »

IdiotKing just now wrote:I like how you say this without commenting on the fact that I repeatedly tried to point out that it was an assumption. I made it very clear that I thought it was
stupid for people to vote for that reason
IdiotKing earlier wrote:
Tempted to vote crypto, but it's
a reasonable assumption to make in a game this large, isn't it?
The 'but it's...' implies that's why you were 'tempted to vote' for him. So you were tempted to vote for him for a stupid reason?

I agree that your following posts were more clearly against voting him for that reason, but the 'tempted' in that first post in the sequence sounds more fence-sitting-y.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by roflcopter »

ok crypto, i'll play along

unvote, vote: elvis_knits
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by Vi »

I think I lost a post.
charter 705 wrote:
Vi wrote:
charter 682 wrote:Vi is starting to rise fast on my scumdar because she keeps throwing accusations everywhere but none of them are sticking.
That's because none of the people who are being voted are people I particularly want to lynch.
more likely to be scum
(not intentional) and
(entirely intentional)?

That goes to everyone who has decided to parrot the question.
My vote is moving around; my stances are for the most part not.

@charter: How Hoopla is obvTown to you is beyond my understanding; please show me what you see.
Because jumping all over the place with your accusations is a great way to lynch just anyone and a poor way of getting your top suspect lynched. Your play looks like it would benefit a scumyou more than a townyou. That's really suprising that no one being wagoned you wouldn't lynch. I never said anything about you being annoying, I don't think you are being annoying.
Clearly I'm not doing enough if I'm not annoying you

Your accusation that I am attempting to get "just anyone" lynched falters with the part I bolded above.
With that said, I understand where you're coming from somewhat. (stop laughing, hito) I just don't know what more I can do to lynch people who
I
find more likely to be scum except to jump onto existing wagons or cause a scene to start new ones.
charter 705 wrote:Just finished a game with Hooplascum and her play here is quite different. She is much more aggressive and is actually doing dirty work herself as opposed to just posting infrequent snipes and repeating what others say. Guess that won't really convince you of my read, but I'm not really that interested in doing so.
It couldn't hurt. Please supply a link.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by crypto »

Charter
Crypto, upon getting 'called out' or whatever wrote:I truly, deeply apologize I turn out wrong, but until further notice, my money is on two mafia teams, not one.
Again, I would not be surprised if there is only one scum team
What about the similarity of these statements do you not understand?

Imag, that could be a mental error by a townie, 20/20 hindsight, etc. But I do think IK is profoundly scummy.

After thinking it over some more, I'm back to thinking Mae is the single
best
choice, but this works too. (
Unvote
in case that last one didn't register.)
Vote: elvis_knits
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by charter »

Crypto, enough. You are incapable of having an adult conversation, so I'm done with you. I'll just lynch you and remove your plague from our game and in a double whammy get rid of a scum.

Oh rofl, you are so funny.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by crypto »

Excellent rebuttal.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by roflcopter »

charter, does elvis seem obviously town to you?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Idiotking wrote:Why would my vote on CSL have to impress you, elvis_knits? Is this a popularity contest? Did I at least do well in the swimsuit portion? More importantly, do you or do you not agree that CSL has made less-than-useful posts thusfar?
You did awesome in swimsuit portion, however your interview was the stink.

Your vote had to impress me because you said you don't vote willy-nilly and it's your first vote of the game.

CSL doesn't really seem town to me, so in that sense I guess it's an okay vote. But there's like a hella other stuff going on more important than CSL, and you aren't very involved. Also you voted CSL and said "are you happy now, ray/hoopla?" like the vote was more to please them than because you actually thought he was scum.

Combined with my earlier dislike of how you said we can't learn anything from the confidwagon/kill. And you've really flip flipped a lot on crypto.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by charter »

roflcopter wrote:charter, does elvis seem obviously town to you?
No, but she's not as scummy as others, and I certainly wouldn't follow crypto's suspicions.

Vi, here you go http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12156
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Vi »

Vi 695 wrote:
roflcopter 692 wrote:vi is making this difficult for me. i want to believe he's town and go on a bender lynching all the bad guys with him, but he keeps doing things i disagree with.
like what
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Mae wrote:@ Everyone who is making excuses to cover crypto: why are you making excuses?
Hi, my name is unnecessarily loaded question, how are you doing today?

LOOK, can we all just come together, hold hands and lynch Budja. Its the right choice, and we all know it deep in our hearts.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Reading up to page 10...

Things that stand out:
hoopla wrote: Are we bandwagoning sigma? Okay.

Unvote, vote: sigma
Seemed to be an opportunistic jump on a bandwagon. It was RVS, but it just sort of rubbed me the wrong way.

And then we keep going on, blah blah blah, random RVS crap...
Spyrex wrote:At least ask me QUESTIONS or something or pretend or SOMETHING. Or, we can just skip to the L-1 claim and dance because this may be becoming the awesomest and most mind-boggling wagon I've been a part of ever.
SpyreX under decent pressure, continues to not be serious and just behaves silly.
Hiphop wrote:I encourage more votes on spyrex.
Why is he encouraging more votes on him, when he's just acting silly under pressure? He's obviously not taking this seriously.
CSL wrote:C: I happen to like the RVS, as it gives a few players to get a little hilarious.
Response to c: Because RVS is fun.
Someone would love us doing nothing but random silly talk, hm? No scum hunting always helps the scum.
Vi wrote:@SpyreX meta for Juls: The take-home point is that SpyreX-Town is, like, really obvTown.
There is nothing even halfway Townish about SpyreX's posts ITT.
Why oh why was ConfidAnon lynched if everyone keeps going on about how different SpyreX was acting? I guess it's up for me to find out when I read further!
CSL wrote:Maemuki wrote:
CSL wrote:
ConfidAnon seems like a good lynch target, so I'm going to Vote: ConfidAnon

Why, or is it just to go with the flow?
Reasons already stated by other users

Quote:
Comments/Questions/Complaints/Alerts of aliens?

AN ALIEN (named question) IS RIGHT ABOVE YOU!
Lol
Nobody found this scummy?

Reasons already stated by other users? Really?

Well.
There's up to page 10.
I'll hit 20 tonight, maybe.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Oh, I knew I was going to mess up that last quote.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Oh. Just noticed. Confid was daykilled, not lynched.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

sigma Post 661 wrote:You had stated one reason for voting me: 'anti-RVS is a scum tell.' You hadn't stated anything else. Since you were voting me at the time, either this scum-tell apparently outweighs the scumminess of the bandwagoners, active lurkers, and non scum-hunters (an argument that you just now called ridiculous, mind you, or at least you called it ridiculous when it comes to general scum-tells) or there was something else to the case that you were not mentioning. Does that make sense?
Yes my main reason for voting for you was the RVS thing but there were other factors adding into it as well. Your general reaction to your own vote and basically demanding people pay attention to it. So there was some added gut with the RVS being my foothold so to speak.

You have since implied that I value the RVS scum tell above bandwagoning, active lurking and non scum hunters something I never said. You are making that leap because you look at my vote and see it only for the RVS stand point. The way you called up these three other factors of scumminess just sits wrong with me. It's almost as if you are saying “Okay yeah, I might have done something a little scummy but it wasn't as scummy as
these
guys.”

Really since I have placed my vote on you I feel your reactions just make my vote look better and better. Calling my attacks on you tunneling while I am clearly looking at other players is just another falsehood you have posted in an effort to subtly discredit me. It's not going to work.

Elvis what do you think of Vi? Of Sigma? Who are your other scum reads?
Vi Post 695 wrote:That's because none of the people who are being voted are people I particularly want to lynch.
more likely to be scum
(not intentional) and
(entirely intentional)?
Like I said earlier, it just seems out of character, but then I don't think I have ever played a large game with you. Lets say you are the only one who has a say in todays lynch. Who is your pick and why? Picks two and three would be nice too.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”