CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Please explain how I was ragey when I haven't said a single negative thing the whole game?
~ F-16
MastinSSK
MastinSSK
Goon
MastinSSK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by MastinSSK »

Small selection. Disclaimer: to varying degrees; some are barely there while others show it very strongly. Disclaimer2, yes I know not all posts are from one head, but I don't read individual heads as town that much; they blend together in my mind, and you asked for the ragey I see; seeing ragey from a partner and having you blend together means I see the ragey as being from you, if that makes sense.
Spoiler:
In post 574, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 570, MastinSSK wrote:The tone here just doesn't feel like town-F16. I dunno why. That's ignoring the content which I'm intentionally skimming. Something about him just feels off.
Really Mastin? I too can quote a bunch of your posts and say your tone feels "off" but I can't explain why. This is like you are intentionally accusing me in a way that is impossible to respond to. My tone feels fine. I've never been more invested and more determined to burn the scumteam to the ground and you picked the wrong fucking game to try to mislynch me.
~ F-16
In post 569, CarbonFiber wrote:A scumread on Tammy isn't sustainable because scum who scumread Tammy with shit reasons generally wind up dead. I don't know why he chose to scumread Tammy initially other than WIFOM or cred for going after high hanging fruit. He has to figure out a way to back out of the scumread and pretending to see eye to eye with Tammy and her suspicion of me was a perfect opportunity considering he was already working up a scumread based off of FT's initial post.

More than that, his engagement with us after he scumread us doesn't feel like he is genuinely trying to determine our alignment. His reads on other players also don't feel like they are genuine and feel opportunistic.

It isn't uncommon for scum to all attack the same player. I don't think he is scum for voting us over
"someone else"
. I think he is scum because his read feels fake.

~ F-16
In post 565, CarbonFiber wrote:I don't think it is impossible for him to have an incorrect read on me. The way he developed the read felt off. He initially read Titan and us as possible scum after seeing some people say that FT's first post looked off. Then he noticed Tammy's incorrect read on me and chose to capitalize on it. He also noticed Tammy's paranoia of me being manipulating after I blatantly tried to explain to her that Mastin's was scum and changed his read so that he had us as scummier than Titan.

He then townread nearly everyone else who would be influential in gathering votes (Rancid, ffery-beli, GIF, Orc, Nacho-bork, with a leaning town on you) for very poor reasons. His reasoning isn't solid and reads look like they serve a scum agenda. He's also being generally unreasonable about his read on us which doesn't make sense from my previous experience with Mastin as town and his push on us felt like he was trying to frustrate us into reacting badly as opposed to genuinely trying to engage us. But I am way too happy and upbeat in this game to let that get to me so he doesn't know what he is dealing with.

~ F-16
In post 562, CarbonFiber wrote:Tammy, I am not manipulating you on your read on Mastin. I am being very transparent about my read. I think they are scum primarily because Mastin thinks I am scum. There are other supplementary reasons and other things that felt off but overall it fits in exactly what I would expect from scum-Mastin. I don't believe that his read on me is genuine.

If anything, Elementalhawk's posts read as manipulation. He picked up on a post that would resonate with you and attacked me based on it possibly subtly hoping you would agree with it. I am not being subtle about anything. I blatantly agreed with your initial read and I don't agree that backing off would make Mastin town. He had two suspects, you and me. He could easily have called you town so that you wonder if he is town while attacking our slot because we are more certain in our read and easier to attack than you.

~ F-16
In post 560, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 527, Lord Business wrote:The carbonfiber points I promised:
– a lot of fence sitting on reads, yet goes into great detail to say very little. I get early game will not warrant strong reads, but why bother to waffle then?
– Acknowledges having nothing solid. So why waffle?
I posted my thoughts about the game. I could have chosen to post nothing but that wouldn't have been very helpful. Probably the same reason you made this post outlining a case on us in great detail and then waffle and say we could be town.
In post 527, Lord Business wrote: – U-Turn on titan seems off because even though you were happy to spend a lot of words saying very little, its only now that you read a person more carefully?
I didn't see anything obviously town from Titan on my first read of the thread. After Tammy engaged me, I read their ISO more closely to see why I didn't get a read and realized they were town all along and I had just missed some of the posts which made them town. I also initially forgot what I wanted to ask Tammy (why she didn't claim that she could read our slot as soon as I posted when other players were commenting on FT's posts but it turns out she was waiting on me to initiate interaction). Also, there is no way came from scum so that sealed the deal. Part of my read was influenced by the push because I saw the obvtowniness there when I previously hadn't. If I were scum who hadn't read the thread carefully, I probably would have townread Titan as I usually do, not wait till I am certain. I've read Tammy as town off of less posts than here before.

~ F-16
In post 548, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 494, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:Hey F16,
Are ye scum?
Muffin wants to battle ye,
I'm calling him dumb

-Nati
You called him the right thing. Give him a punch in the face to go with it.
~ F-16
In post 546, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 488, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 484, CarbonFiber wrote:Fox, what do you think of Breakfast? The whole bit where he says F-16's posts lack depth doesn't make sense. Thoughts?
I wasn't talking about lack of analytic depth. There is plenty of depth to most of his analysis. I was referring to lack of depth in interaction.

I think his reasons for thinking Mac is town are good, and fit what I've seen in the past from him in terms of how he goes about forming reads.
I asked FT whether my play lacked depth because I wondered if I was just having an off game but he flatly denied it and said I was probably playing better than anyone else which made your lacking depth comment sound off.

When you say lacking depth in interaction, are you saying that you would have preferred that I grill you on your Mac read more as being helpful and pro-town overall or just because it would fit in with my past meta in NY169? Upon re-evaluating my play, I eliminated aspects of it that I thought were unhelpful specifically extended discussion of agreed upon reads. I am going to play in a way I believe would help town the most regardless of what I did before. If I did it differently in a previous game, then I changed my mind since then as to what I believe is the most effective course of action.

Also, are you asking me to compare notes with you because it will help us both refine our reads or was it something you expected to see and didn't see it now? I'd like to know which it was since it'll help me optimize my play not just here but in the future.

~ F-16
In post 522, CarbonFiber wrote:If it's really bugging you, what struck me as off about LB was when I tried to keep the mafia encryptor alive, he claimed that I was championing the cause. He also had a very, very subtle way of making suspicion on him feel like something that needs to have a lot of effort put in. It was really obvious in hindsight and I know why I didn't say it then. Damn, I wish we were Masons or something because I don't want to say just yet because he may do that in the future just in case I am wrong.

~ F-16
In post 486, CarbonFiber wrote:It doesn't make sense because F-16's posts are some of the most in-depth analyses of behavior so far. Each of his town-reads was explained pretty damn thoroughly. You agree it was a poor word choice, right? I get having trouble putting thoughts into words. But why use the word "depth"? How does that relate to the explanation and follow-up thing? You seem to think the entire sequence was town, right? Help me understand Breakfast's thought process (and yours as well).
In post 483, CarbonFiber wrote:The thing where you attack both your partner and the guy attacking your partner, but vote for the guy attacking your partner. Pretty sure it's a classic scum-tell, though it doesn't really matter. I'm not a huge believer in objective scum-tells. What I'm trying to say is that Elemental is scummy, and he's scummy cause his post was massive shit.

-FT
In post 481, CarbonFiber wrote:Point is, Elemental's basically doing one of those classic scum-tells -- calling Mastin + us scummy, but preparing to vote for us, not Mastin. Assuming Mastin is scum, Elemental is pretty much guaranteed scum.

-FT
In post 480, CarbonFiber wrote:Elemental's post rubs me the wrong way. They're basically calling F-16 scum because his opinions change as he reads and re-reads the game. Very superficial analysis, considering that F-16's changes in opinion are responses to developments in the game, to re-reading, and have been explained. The non-committal suspicion on MastinSSK is also terrible, especially when combined with the analysis on us. I get the feeling that MastinSSK + Elemental are partners from this alone.

-FT
In post 459, CarbonFiber wrote:
In post 455, Breakfast With Sandy wrote:
In post 453, CarbonFiber wrote:I haven't seen anything from you that's obviously town but you said that you are time constrained for a week so I am willing to wait to sort you once I've seen you at full throttle. I can also misread your early play if I try to sort you too early as shown when I was spectating on the second Tales game but I don't think I'll read you incorrectly if I wait to see more content before reading you. You were easy to sort in NY169 for your early attack on Nacho. I had some residual paranoia because I so strongly disagreed with you about Pieguyn but that went away later as well.

Is there anyone else you think I should be reading strongly as town? Or anyone who I shouldn't be?

~ F-16
I'm more interested in the process than in the results at the moment.
The process of how I read you as opposed to whether I read you as town or scum? My priorities are different. I care about being right more than meeting expectations of how you would expect me to sort you. I'll be as transparent as I can to help you mutually sort me but I am not going to try and emulate previous games.

~ F-16
In post 453, CarbonFiber wrote:I haven't seen anything from you that's obviously town but you said that you are time constrained for a week so I am willing to wait to sort you once I've seen you at full throttle. I can also misread your early play if I try to sort you too early as shown when I was spectating on the second Tales game but I don't think I'll read you incorrectly if I wait to see more content before reading you. You were easy to sort in NY169 for your early attack on Nacho. I had some residual paranoia because I so strongly disagreed with you about Pieguyn but that went away later as well.

Is there anyone else you think I should be reading strongly as town? Or anyone who I shouldn't be?

~ F-16
In post 448, CarbonFiber wrote:I have been doing that even while I haven't developed a townread on you, for instance asking what you thought of Mac.

I am curious though what did you find notable in NY169 in particular that would make it a priority for me? I'd probably want to compare notes even without considering NY169.

~ F-16
In post 443, CarbonFiber wrote:Also Tammy, I am on page 5 of my tenth? re-read and obsessively re-reading is a massive, massive towntell for me and I hope you of everyone here will notice that and see how fucking town I am so I can work with you and make this the best damn game I've ever played in my two years of playing mafia.

~ F-16
In post 442, CarbonFiber wrote:What didn't you like about it?
~ F-16
(I worked in reverse-chronological order.) Again, not entirety of them and not all of these are equal. Some barely there at all, some blatantly ragey.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

How on earth do you interpret any of those posts as "ragey?"
~ F-16
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

So, anyone here still think MastinSSK is town?

-FT
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

me

-Nati
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:10 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Nati

please post on hydra account only

ty
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

In post 557, Mac wrote:this is difficult with so many missing parties.
OR WE COULD
YA KNOW
WAIT TIL ALL DA PARTIES ARE DEAD
Then we can have our nice peaceful morning tea.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by Natirasha »

nah muffin lets both be super lazy and not post in hydra
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Post by Clyton »

My apologies for the lack of response. I have been following along, rest assured. I did not really have new contributions to add. But let me remind you all once again of what I am thinking.
In post 579, CarbonFiber wrote:So, anyone here still think MastinSSK is town?

-FT
As said before personally, I think MastinSSK has an equal chance to be scum just as much as being town. I did say I was not going to vote him (nor Titan), but I feel we all must reach a decision. The amount of discussion going on, while having some substance, does not really point towards a certain direction (if you feel there is something we are leading towards to, please tell me). This isn't for me, but for the rest of you in the game, I feel people are waiting for the chance to see who will make the first move. The debate between Mastin and Titan has been no doubt been the highlight of the day, and perhaps, some of you are mentally locked that one of them has to be lynched in order to settle this. Then let me advance this discussion now.

As Mastin has mentioned before, he himself has stated that this is a rare case where role abilities (particularly investigative abilities) should be used on him or Titan in order to determine their alignments while keeping both of them alive. There are obviously pros and cons to this. But I won't elaborate on that. The main point is, do all of you feel this is the method to take? Or do you want to lynch one of them now to determine their alignment and follow our personal deductions based on the results? State your stance regarding this matter, and we can progress accordingly. This is not to say these are the only two choices: if you feel there is someone we should look towards to, tell us who. There is no diddly-daddling now.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:15 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

Clyton, I don't think anyone believes at this point that Titan is scum. I am not even sure how Titan figures into FT's question about whether anyone still thinks MastinSSK is scum. Nobody has claimed that it was a dichotomy of one scum among {Titan, MastinSSK}. One's townflip has absolutely no bearing on the other. I am not even sure why you bothered mentioning that you won't vote Titan. No one is asking you to nor is a Titan lynch even on the table. Also, why respond to a question of "Mastin is scum" with "I will vote neither Titan nor Mastin." It is also us and MastinSSK who are both scumreading each other now with Titan seemingly still solidifying their reads. Nobody is mentally locked into an idea that one of them ought to be lynched. Investigative abilities can be used on any player in the game. It would be
absurd
to use them on Titan as they quite obviously town. There is also no reason to specifically keep both of Mastin or Titan alive over any other player in the game. I don't want to lynch "
one of them.
" Where are you even getting this? I want to lynch Mastin. On the off-chance he flips town, Titan is still obvtown. But FT and I are both quite certain that he won't.

~ F-16
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Post by Clyton »

In post 585, CarbonFiber wrote:Clyton, I don't think anyone believes at this point that Titan is scum. I am not even sure how Titan figures into FT's question about whether anyone still thinks MastinSSK is scum. Nobody has claimed that it was a dichotomy of one scum among {Titan, MastinSSK}. One's townflip has absolutely no bearing on the other. I am not even sure why you bothered mentioning that you won't vote Titan. No one is asking you to nor is a Titan lynch even on the table. Also, why respond to a question of "Mastin is scum" with "I will vote neither Titan nor Mastin." It is also us and MastinSSK who are both scumreading each other now with Titan seemingly still solidifying their reads. Nobody is mentally locked into an idea that one of them ought to be lynched. Investigative abilities can be used on any player in the game. It would be
absurd
to use them on Titan as they quite obviously town. There is also no reason to specifically keep both of Mastin or Titan alive over any other player in the game. I don't want to lynch "
one of them.
" Where are you even getting this? I want to lynch Mastin. On the off-chance he flips town, Titan is still obvtown. But FT and I are both quite certain that he won't.

~ F-16
I am merely restating some context of my thinking process thus far, regardless if it does not apply to the current thought process of the general population. Is it merely your habit for you to over-analyze every single statement? I ask because it is only fair that I ask; this is such the nature of my posting habit I am telling you: my posts are along the lines of storytell, debriefing, etc. And I ask because you still have some interest in figuring me out, something that I will not mind continuing the side discussion if you believe it will benefit you.

And while I can completely deconstruct your post and list out all my arguments, clarify my words and make hypotheses based on that, I am sure it will be such a chore and a bore to those unfortunate to read it.

Onto the dilemma at hand, you want to lynch Mastin, and that is fair enough. I will definitely rethink this action and see if it is worth the vote. I will also have to hear Mastin's defense. Of course, while you are scumreading Mastin, it is appropriate that you should be scumread too by me. Why do you delay your vote on Mastin? Are you not entirely convinced he is scum? Is there still some matters you want to figure out?
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Post by Clyton »

Also, I don't know what you are trying to get at with me, but if you read my earlier post as ISO, then I would understand why you typed such things into your post. I am sure a capable player such as yourself would have immediately known I am chainlinking posts with my previous posts in the game to ensure my thought process is continuous and consistent, and that everyone else may see that.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

I definitely think having you explain your stances will help me get a read on you while letting me see where you are coming from. I think we've been viewing the game very differently. I think Mastin is scum and so want him lynched. I don't see the connection between him and Titan. They've argued just like any other players in the game. While I agree that their debate was intense, it was also short lived and there have been several other points of discussion in the thread. I am not seeing Mastin and Titan as a package deal or alternative choices because they've had an argument. Is it usual from your past games for players to choose between two sides of a major debate and have it as a highlight of a day? Also, can you explain why us scumreading Mastin would cause you to scumread us? This also ties into me wondering if you usually scumread both sides in a debate or if that's how you play the game.

I didn't initially vote because I was not certain enough that that was the way we want to go. I am usually slow to vote. When FT checked the thread, he emphatically agreed that Mastin was scum and placed a vote. I've been happy with our vote since. I am as convinced as I can be at this point. I am rarely this confident in my reads.

~ F-16
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Post by CarbonFiber »

I mean, if you play at a site where people don't generally read others based on the tone of their posts, I can sort of understand why are still considering the possibility of Titan being scum. I've been told by Nacho once that he was playing with Tammy in an offsite game and she garnered loads of suspicion because the MTGS players weren't reading her based on her genuineness which is usually what most established players on mafiascum look for. But that's all secondhand, will wait for Nacho to comment on that. But if your scumhunting differs from most others, you may have different reads from people who play more here and perhaps strengths in different areas.

The site you linked had people almost random-voting D1 and didn't really have lots of good reasons for voting D2. Yet, here you are very thorough in meticulous in your analysis. Where did you pick up the skill to post that way and was there any in-between site you played at? How do you go from playing on a site with a lack of analysis to the extreme detail that you went into earlier?

~ F-16

~ F-16
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:07 pm

Post by Clyton »

In post 588, CarbonFiber wrote:I definitely think having you explain your stances will help me get a read on you while letting me see where you are coming from. I think we've been viewing the game very differently. I think Mastin is scum and so want him lynched. I don't see the connection between him and Titan. They've argued just like any other players in the game. While I agree that their debate was intense, it was also short lived and there have been several other points of discussion in the thread. I am not seeing Mastin and Titan as a package deal or alternative choices because they've had an argument. Is it usual from your past games for players to choose between two sides of a major debate and have it as a highlight of a day? Also, can you explain why us scumreading Mastin would cause you to scumread us? This also ties into me wondering if you usually scumread both sides in a debate or if that's how you play the game.

I didn't initially vote because I was not certain enough that that was the way we want to go. I am usually slow to vote. When FT checked the thread, he emphatically agreed that Mastin was scum and placed a vote. I've been happy with our vote since. I am as convinced as I can be at this point. I am rarely this confident in my reads.

~ F-16
Hmmm, perhaps scumreadding isn't the right term when I said it to you, but I will explain to all my general approach.

You are all individual people (even Hydras). I don't care of your alignment. I analyze your posts, make inferences and deductions, and spark discussion for clarification and progress. Who am I to say "this person is Town or Scum?" Even the system will not convince me. I am sure we all have came across roles with different sanities and factions consisting of multiple alignments. Nothing is 100% confirmed to me until adequate information is revealed upon death or the end of the game. I make decisions based on the most probable choice for scum to show up or for the good of the whole.

It happens in past games in regards to your questions, but that is not to say it marks the final point of decision for the day to end. I tend to look elsewhere for now, but should the overall majority decide a need to settle the matter, then I will gladly comply.

To be fair, some people have expressed a scumread on you. Thus, this ties in to what the people are thinking now, and is something that I should consider, even when I do not want to go into that area at the moment.

If you want some help in getting a read out of me, here's a suggestion: do not ISO any of my posts. From past experience, people give an inaccurate read of me because they are focusing on my content out of context and are therefore, looking at the wrong areas or misinterpreting my content.
Clyton
Clyton
Goon
Clyton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:13 pm

Post by Clyton »

In post 589, CarbonFiber wrote:I mean, if you play at a site where people don't generally read others based on the tone of their posts, I can sort of understand why are still considering the possibility of Titan being scum. I've been told by Nacho once that he was playing with Tammy in an offsite game and she garnered loads of suspicion because the MTGS players weren't reading her based on her genuineness which is usually what most established players on mafiascum look for. But that's all secondhand, will wait for Nacho to comment on that. But if your scumhunting differs from most others, you may have different reads from people who play more here and perhaps strengths in different areas.

The site you linked had people almost random-voting D1 and didn't really have lots of good reasons for voting D2. Yet, here you are very thorough in meticulous in your analysis. Where did you pick up the skill to post that way and was there any in-between site you played at? How do you go from playing on a site with a lack of analysis to the extreme detail that you went into earlier?

~ F-16

~ F-16
I am not particular fond of going through tonal analysis. I see posts through logic, not emotions. Perhaps this is why some of you are not accurately getting good reads from me, because you must adapt. I am an entirely different player here compared to what you would typically find at this site. If you post with emotions, and look for emotions in other people's posts (like what Mastin did), then it won't work on me. You must rid yourself of terms like "genuineness" and "feelings" when confronting me if we are to cooperate effectively for the same goals. But don't misunderstand, people at the off-site I played at are very vocal and emotional. This is merely a case of me being different.

There is no in-between site I played at. And while you are looking at a particular game, it does not contain everything of the Mafia playerbase of that site. There are some veterans there that are at a skill level around myself and can easily blend in to be a skilled player with the skilled players of this site. But generally, I have different outlooks then what regular Mafia players would normally have.
The Fox and the Hound
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
The Fox and the Hound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:19 am

Post by The Fox and the Hound »

I am back!! And I'll try my best to make it for good.
In post 405, Kagura wrote:Nacho just told me that he's been posting early reads in our old Hydra QT from Legend of Zelda and I had no idea

He's got Tammy early town from (paraphrasing) genuine vesperia frustration + early reaching to/sorting of notscience head
LB/MastinSSK/RG are all early town reads for him too and I don't object to any of them (although I might still call LB null).

-b

p-edit: why did you use the term 'that was not
the
post I would have called you town for' (emphasis mine) as if you knew beforehand there was going to be one (but not necessarily which one).
What were Nacho's thoughts of us here? (Sorry to be focusing on Nacho's read and not yours, but there is a reason for it).
In post 433, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:I remember grilling Tammy
She was in quite the fright
I assume she towned it up
Which was the goal of the night

unvote
What was so town about Tammy after you voted that wasn't there before you did?

I will say (and I think I've said before) that I actually like the idea of labeling a pressure vote as a 'pressure vote' because then if it's scum they know they're being scrutinised and then they freak out and WAMBAMJAM scum caught! (Well it might not work exactly like that but you get the idea).
In post 533, Titan wrote:Hmmm if I'm reading something right with mastin, I don't know if I suspect them more OR if I should go lol cabd game could be town. By play they're scum, but there's a tiny blip that makes me wonder when he hints about his role.
This is where I'm at right now too. :/
In post 541, Titan wrote:so which of the ceph/DV hydra is doing the super hardcore buddying?
I will buddy you until you bleed!!

CarbonFiber, what do you think of the softclaiming and what it suggests regarding mastinSSK's alignment? I haven't gotten the chance to discuss this with Copper, and at first I just dismissed it as not incredibly alignment-relevant, but it's gotten to the point where I think it could be quite excessive for scum. I know that I am more inclined to excessively hint at my role as town, for example. It's possible I won't get the chance to do a proper live correspondence (beyond a few minutes at a time) with Ceph for a while, so here's what I said in our QT after ISOing MastinSSK the night I caught up (I'm not going to make it more refined though as I'm probably not even pushing a vote here):

-I dont believe mastin's read of my post. Combine this with her thing with Titan (plus the way she backs down on the read seems incredibly sleazy to me, but I might try explaining that better later).
-As I said, the whole not trusting Nacho thing is ridiculous and has no good reason behind it.
-Implying that we're scum with Titan is ridiculous also? I might expect it from someone new but I don't think it's an accepted thing that scum buddy together that much, so I think they're just sore.
-215 is just 'oh look we're thinking this through we're so town' crap. 218 too.
-I think the crumbing is too showy.
-228 too!!!
-And the vote flipping

In general, I think there is such a 'look how town I am!' quality to many of their posts that I actually have a pretty passionate scumread on them. Their role stuff does make me cautious though, so I'd like to see what else they post and get their claim.

~~

But again, as I said, I'm not sure if I want their claim now, and while Ceph didn't disagree with my mastinSSK thoughts, he didn't exactly suggest lynching them either, so I'm not exactly sure what he thinks right now.

So yeah, that's where my thoughts are at anyway (nothing MastinSSK has posted since then has changed much except the more enthusiastic softclaiming). Agreements/disagreements would be much appreciated.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:28 am

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

Spoiler:
In post 532, zMuffinMan wrote:Well that makes things simple.

All we need to do is get access to the scum QT to see whether Tammy is in there saying, "why aren't they lynching me?"

If she isn't saying that, she's probably town.

I'm amazed it took someone this long to suggest this.

-Nati
In post 580, zMuffinMan wrote:me

-Nati
In post 581, zMuffinMan wrote:Nati

please post on hydra account only

ty
In post 583, Natirasha wrote:nah muffin lets both be super lazy and not post in hydra

Even though I should not,
Because I be a pirate,
I do this so our dear mod,
Does not become irate
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:33 am

In post 592, The Fox and the Hound wrote:In general, I think there is such a 'look how town I am!' quality to many of their posts that I actually have a pretty passionate scumread on them.
I've gone over this before,
Because this argument really smells,
For mastin, this isn't actually scummy,
If anything, it's a town tell
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:38 am

I would expect that this,
Is something F16 should know,
For a meta-heavy player,
Why does his mastin read blow?

He goes on and on about mastin,
Forming a bad read on him,
But it's almost as if he's given mastin's ISO,
Nothing more than a simple skim
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:41 am

Me other head disappoints me,
I told him to look town,
Stop being lazy, ye scallywag,
Why ye be letting me down?
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:24 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

Clyton, I get the general idea of your playstyle. I'll wait to see more content from you.

DV, I don't think soft-claiming is alignment indicative either. I am fairly sure everyone has some sort of a role and that this is a role madness game like Cabd's previous Tales game. If MastinSSK is scum and intends to fake-claim or claim his real role and look town, he'd soft-claim as much as needed to look as town as he can. Possibly in a game which is not a uPick, and not a Cabd game, I'd wonder if it makes that player town. The last Tales game was lost because players believed Orcinus's fake claim. Everyone is probably going to have some sort of role and a claim isn't hugely alignment indicative. I am going by his play and I think his reads are fabricated. I'd like to hear more of your's and Cephrir's thoughts on his actual play.

Rancid, I am null on the "look at how town I am type" posts and am not scumreading MastinSSK for it. I think he is scum because his reads look fake and opportunistic.

~ F-16
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:25 am

Post by Titan »

In post 589, CarbonFiber wrote:I mean, if you play at a site where people don't generally read others based on the tone of their posts, I can sort of understand why are still considering the possibility of Titan being scum. I've been told by Nacho once that he was playing with Tammy in an offsite game and she garnered loads of suspicion because the MTGS players weren't reading her based on her genuineness which is usually what most established players on mafiascum look for. But that's all secondhand, will wait for Nacho to comment on that. But if your scumhunting differs from most others, you may have different reads from people who play more here and perhaps strengths in different areas.

~ F-16
:? the game we played together I didn't get a whole lot of suspicion, except scum did "suspect" me. Maybe he was talking about the game I replaced in for regfan? He had quite a bit of suspicion on him, and then I did (and I actually kept my cool there!) but I was the cop and scum tried to get me lynched. But yeah, it was weird how much suspicion I generated - although I correctly nailed two out of three scum immediately upon replacing in AND investigated correctly two nights in a row, stupid godfathers be damned! - and empire and regfan were rooting for me getting lynched because they're mean!
Half troll/Half wall.

I'm (Arthur) the wall. Don't let Tammy fool you. She trolls you w/o you even knowing! It's like you're in a constant state on mindfuck. RUN WHILE YOU CAN.
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:28 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

I'm not sure which one he was talking about. I thought it was possible Clyton's mention of you as potential scum/as a possible lynch could come from reading you differently than most other players.
~ F-16
CarbonFiber
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
CarbonFiber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:31 am

Post by CarbonFiber »

I believe he was talking about this game which I think is the second one you referred to.
~ F-16

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”