DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:49 am

Post by DTMaster »

Err nevermind, I guess outing NS scum would mean that. However I don't see the really big deal of outing that your immortal guy is scum when he can control voting behaviour using paranoia instead of his role.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:54 am

Post by DTMaster »

Did you know that nopoint's iso is 1 page long for 2 game days :3/ His last post was a yawn.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:56 am

Post by DTMaster »

Wait. DGB please tell me Nopoint is pulling an Andruis here. I'd cross him off my peoples to look into if he's communicating via QT.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Andrius »

Ok, update.
Just laid out a massive case on my thoughts for tonight's vig-shot in the Temple.
Can we just lynch AGM now?
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:13 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Rereading Benmage's actions with AGM. If one flips scum, we're lynching the other. The whole exchange is too suspect - from "claim now!" to "vanilla" to "unvote, full stop no more wagon". Ben wanted a replacement to come in just to claim, was dripping with hammerlust, but completely shut down the whole operation with a vanilla claim?

However, I think a negative is also definitive. Benmage scum wouldn't contort himself so much to save AGM town. AGM scum wouldn't walk in and claim vanilla immediately if he couldn't count on the unvote from Benmage. AGM and Ben are almost certainly the same alignment.

If I'm right, it doesn't matter the order.

If I'm wrong, I'd rather be wrong with caught-up Benmage alive instead of just-came-to-claim AGM.

Vote: AlmasterGM
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Equinox »

DTMaster wrote:However I don't see the really big deal of outing that your immortal guy is scum when he can control voting behaviour using paranoia instead of his role.
No. Outing the scum god causes the other two temples to become masonries, which adds considerable power to the town. We're seeing that right now with the Temple of Rewards and the Temple of Time.

I have a town read on Fishythefish independent of my reads on the other two gods. Granted, I have the benefit of seeing him in the QuickTopic, but we've been working things out in there and exchanging thoughts.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Equinox »

I should also add that Nobody Special's power is nerfed the closer to endgame we get. He can only use his ability up to 72 hours before deadline, and he freezes the votes for 24 hours. If you have enough people lingering around (see my explanation for masonries above), you can shift the votes within 48 hours.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:41 am

Post by farside22 »

DTM: My thought on Ben is maybe, just maybe he's helping scum that has a PR. It's not beyond reason as I have seen scum not buss if it's a PR scum partner that is needed.
Also he is saying he is 100% town by a drop card that is not 100% town. I don't see a claim without reason as town play and playing with Benmage scum before he has a tendancy to look for other scum roles (IE: he was wolf in the game trying to lynch mafia) or maybe a SK (aka hito)
So my mind is not clear of Benmage.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Fishythefish »

DTMaster wrote:Also if you look at Fishy's voting pattern he switched quickly from Jack to Hito to the Almaster/Benmage theory with ease. He's one of the key people that falls under Mina's analysis of "suspicious vote dropping".
Jack's slot claimed vanilla, so I switched to the Hito wagon because he became a poor lynch. Hito claimed vig, and so is a poor lynch, so I've switched to Benmage. I'm more in favour of the Benmage theory than the Almaster/Benmage theory - while there is a good link there, I think Benmage is also independently scummy.

I don't really see your problem with any of that. Just to say I'm vote hopping without the context of the claims going on is rather ridiculous.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Equinox »

Fishythefish wrote:Jack's slot claimed vanilla, so I switched to the Hito wagon because he became a poor lynch. Hito claimed vig, and so is a poor lynch, so I've switched to Benmage.
If Benmage makes a claim, would he become a poor lynch...?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Depends on the claim, obviously. Those claims, in those situations, made the claimants bad lynches.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

DTMaster wrote:2. DGB: You wanted me to hide behind Tajo remember? Please let me hide there as planned "hint hint hint"
Oh yeah, I forgot.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 2 Vote Count

Andrius ( 1 ) AlmasterGM,
(L - 7 )

populartajo ( 1 )
DrippingGoofball,
(L - 7 )

hitogoroshi ( 1 ) Feysal,
(L - 7 )

nopointinactingup ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

Equinox ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

farside22 ( 1 ) Benmage,
(L - 7 )

Feysal ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

Lost Butterfly ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

Corvuus ( 2 ) DTMaster, populartajo,
(L - 6 )

Benmage ( 3 ) Equinox,
Fishythefish,
farside22,
(L - 5 )

Almaster GM ( 4 ) Andrius, nopointinactingup, Corvuus, hitogoroshi,
(L - 4 )

DTMaster ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

No Lynch ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

Not Voting ( 2 )
Nobody Special,
Lost Butterfly,
Total Votes ( 15 )

Deadline: March 7th at 23:00 EDT
With 15 able to vote, 8 needed to lynch.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Andrius wrote:Can we just lynch AGM now?
</3
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Feysal »

Acknowledging prod. Sorry about no content in this post, but I can't read through the pages of new posts tonight. Content tomorrow, after I've had a chance to read what is going on.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Uhhhh on the phone and will respond to some points. But Wat? How does randomly distributed scum make 2 priesthoods masonries. At most outing 1 scum god confirms 2 townies, not 2 priesthoods. They remain neighbourhoods, not masonry. If NS is scum you don't auto clear the priests of rewards/time.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Uhhh AGM. You can post a <\3 but no response to the comments?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Benmage »

farside22 wrote:The only thing a town player shouldn't do is self vote. I recall anything else and a self vote doesn't confirm you 100%
DING DING DING...WE have a winner.

I said its something that should never be done. Because its gay as shit. It was done under a complete defeatist attitude. I had such a shitty first day that I didn't think I'd ever be able to overcome and so sought my own lynch today rather than a on-the-line mislynch. And I stand by that.

The only catch is...it does confirm me town 100%. I've done it once before. The little cat n mouse here, farside was because I thought you were suppose to be meta searching me. (Actually i self voted another time as well but that was in an rvs...both times I was a VT)... The game is well over a year ago. Mafia 98. It was a defeat-mode move.

It confirms me town..because this is almost like cheating. I've only done it as town. And (if it ever happens again..which who knows..but say I keep playing a few more years... it done once a year seems plausible). Like I said..its never planned for. Its a last resort.. I fucked up move.

1 time before, aint a strong precedent. But I'll never do this as scum...because it'll ruin my Ace in the whole precedent.

That said... I guess it aint cheating cause there's plenty of wine that I could be lying scum. Which is fine. Lets do this lynch today.

farside22 wrote: I also pointed to 3 people that found you scummy that didn't see this so called deed, soooooo yeah your not making any sense.
Epiphanys are hard to comeby.
farside22 wrote:Plus your voting me for weak reason.
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
farside22 wrote::lol:
If a self vote and premature claim with no pressure is town play I'm going to wonder at the state of MS since I've been gone.
No..it is indeed horrendous play.
DTMaster wrote:I really, really been hating the Fishy lately since I expect more from his play since Linked Mafia Redone edition.
I know....But how can NS not be scum!!!!?!?!?
DTMaster wrote:Did you know that nopoint's iso is 1 page long for 2 game days :3/ His last post was a yawn.
Yeah..but you have him confirmed town right, oh wai....
hitogoroshi wrote:If I'm wrong, I'd rather be wrong with caught-up Benmage alive instead of just-came-to-claim AGM.

Vote: AlmasterGM
Shitty reason to vote.
farside22 wrote:Also he is saying he is 100% town by a drop card that is not 100% town.
Self meta
FTW
ftl
farside22 wrote:I don't see a claim without reason as town play and playing with Benmage scum before he has a tendancy to look for other scum roles (IE: he was wolf in the game trying to lynch mafia) or maybe a SK (aka hito)
So my mind is not clear of Benmage.
That game was called masons and werewolves or some shit... it was an Open setup ..Of course as any multiple mafia group you're going to be hunting the other genuinely for town cred…

Fishythefish wrote: I think Benmage is also independently scummy.
Why was this again?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Also Farside/Ben your argument over this point is going to stagnant. I recommend other arguments since I see a big block of rage coming soon.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by farside22 »

@Ben: I already stated I don't have time to search every freeking game. If you haven't noticed I'm not glued to this site because work fucking took it away from me. Some days it's frustrating and other days I'm too busy to think about the game.
I don't know what to make of the meta argument. I trust you as far as I could throw you and I don't doubt for a second that scum Benmage wouldn't use his own meta as an advantage.

I'm going to go reread a few things. I'm not sure if I will have time to reread everything, but I need to look into a few things again.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

I think the ben meta argument looks reasonably genuine. Definitely don't want Almaster lynched though.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Equinox »

DTMaster wrote:But Wat? How does randomly distributed scum make 2 priesthoods masonries.
I wasn't talking about confirming entire priesthoods. I was talking about the uses of the lines of communication. With a scum god outed, that leaves town free to claim to their respective gods that aren't the scum god, and they are also free to ask their gods to relay messages to others within the priesthood. If there are enough strong town reads within a priesthood, then there is the potential to open up a masonry with the god as facilitator. Now the scum team have to worry about a coordinated town.

The gods' powers are but scratches on the surface. Scum wouldn't out their god; it's way too risky. Besides, the scum god needs to gain the trust of his followers in order to get them to claim to him, and then he can manipulate them as he wishes. (Too bad Nobody Special bungled this part.)
DTMaster wrote:Uhhh AGM. You can post a <\3 but no response to the comments?
You do realize he has over 70 pages of material on which to catch up, and that we continue to feed this thread like it's a hungry bear.

DTMaster wrote:Did you know that nopoint's iso is 1 page long for 2 game days :3/ His last post was a yawn.
I've been saying that for a while. ._.

nopointinactingup is more proactive as town. The thing that bothers me is your hide result; I realize that, if we have a roleblocker, your results mean nothing until we kill it dead with fire, but the last time I entirely discounted a result, I lost a game. (AlmasterGM would remember this one.)

... ...

Dammit. I really hate the Day 2 lynch choices right now.

We have too many claimed vanillas running around, and I want to lynch from that pool... but there are people outside of that pool I want to lynch even more. If I lynch outside of the pool of claimants, there is potential for serious damage to the town, and God knows I've done enough damage as it is.

You know what, let's hit closer to home. My vote on Benmage. I hate that he's using self-meta as a defense, and I know from experience that martyr cards work ridiculously well as an AtE defense. (I'm aware of the irony of this statement. :roll:) However, I have yet to see scum use a martyr card, so that's giving me doubts about my vote right now.

I hate how indecisive I'm being. Fucking hell.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Equinox »

You know what, it's not even the lynch choices anymore. It's my damned list of reads. The left end of the spectrum is solid, but everyone else flits around on every little whimsy.

Unvote

List of people I need to reinvestigate later when I'm done writing for a class: AlmasterGM, Benmage, Corvuus, populartajo

Hold me to that. I expect to be able to start those in about 4 hours.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Equinox »

Oh, I forgot to mention. I'm about to start my slew of midterms next week, and since there's a lot riding on my performance on those things, I'm going to be

V/LA March 7-10

I might be able to check in once or twice during this period to make short responses if needed, but otherwise all major projects are on hold (including the Super Reread).

If you guys plan on killing me or something, please let me know before March 7 so I can put Rush Priority on this game before I take my exit. kthx
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

I know that :D I don't see what the deal with not lynching AGM anymore. He'd be hard pressed to read the game so ... I'm just waiting I guess for the heard to get thinned out :twisted:

That reminds me, I'd jump on LB or Benmage if they pick up.

*yawns*
Justice will prevail
\m/

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”