Mini 563 - Fish Monkey God (ROCKS FALL EVERYONE DIES)

roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:53 am

Post by roffman »

cows: ration
there, u happy?
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:37 am

Post by windkirby »

cows: Capricious

I know I condemned it earlier, but I'm hopping on this bandwagon, too. Dizzy said it well: his play has simply not been up to par, and I think we could all use the information his lynch would provide.

Although, as roffman said, Ration might make an okay alternative on the info front...
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:05 am

Post by armlx »

windkirby wrote: Although, as roffman said, Ration might make an okay alternative on the info front...
Doubt it. If he's not scum, cult cop is a really weak role, as it only gives results on 1 person we want to lynch (the leader) muddled with results on recruits that we don't want to lynch, so the lost value isn't that high. We also then know there is a cult, which drastically changes game play (every lynch must go for the cult leader rather than mafia or we lose terribly).
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Capricious »

armlx wrote:Umm, given the mod post at the start of the game says alternate scum group, I'm very inclined to now think Cap pulled his role from there, the Cult part from MoS's role name, etc.

/cows Capricious

If he is an alt. group cop, we learn there is an alt group for sure. If he's not, which is what I'm assuming at this point, he's either a member of the alt group confirming it, or just plain scum which puts the odds of a cult a bit lower.
Ridiculous, I'm 99% positive MoS and Occult have absolutely no relation to this game, and were just screwing around.

So you are now claiming that lynching claimed cops day 1 is optimal play now, right?

I see no part in your play that even considers what to do on day 2. All your play has focused on lynching me.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Capricious »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
/cows Capricious

I'm not exactly happy with how he's playing. It's giving me bad vibes.
This is classic
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Capricious »

armlx wrote:
windkirby wrote: Although, as roffman said, Ration might make an okay alternative on the info front...
Doubt it. If he's not scum, cult cop is a really weak role, as it only gives results on 1 person we want to lynch (the leader) muddled with results on recruits that we don't want to lynch, so the lost value isn't that high. We also then know there is a cult, which drastically changes game play (every lynch must go for the cult leader rather than mafia or we lose terribly).
How do you suppose we will find the cult leader after lynching me, via your scumhunting skills :( ? It's also false that we must go after the cult over mafia, lynching any scum will be fine.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Capricious »

Anix, please come and deliver some sense into the town.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:18 am

Post by Capricious »

windkirby wrote:
cows: Capricious

I know I condemned it earlier, but I'm hopping on this bandwagon, too. Dizzy said it well: his play has simply not been up to par, and I think we could all use the information his lynch would provide.

Although, as roffman said, Ration might make an okay alternative on the info front...
what is this par you speak of, and who among us, meet it? All anybody has done is say: "Capri is scum if we ignore logic and sensibility, and I want to get Capri lynched based on nothing at all" or alternatively, "Capri is town, but I want to lynch him for information that could prove false, even though numbers are the only thing we have to our advantage.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:05 am

Post by xyzzy »

/cows count number eightCapricious: (armlx, andersonw, Capricious, DizzyIzzyB13, mikeburnfire, windkirby)
Ration: (roffman)

Someone: (Someone else)
Someone else: (Someone)
Not voting: Tyfo, Serous, AniX, Ration, QuantumFruit
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by windkirby »

I read through again, and roffman's color program still seems to have popped out of nowhere...

Roffman, I would like you to PM the mod and ask him what your cloak color is officially.

Also, I shall
uncows, cows: Ration
. I don't feel comfortable voting for someone who has claimed cop, but I would still like to resolve the indigo cloak thing.
Ration
Ration
Goon
Ration
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by Ration »

Sorry people, back from spring break, I'll re-read now kind of late though (11:51 PM) so don't expect another post till later.
HAPPY 420!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by armlx »

Cap, I said, after a reread of another game with a similar scenario I no longer think D1 lynching single role cops is suboptimal.

D2 depends on what happens with you. Defending yourself by saying I should be setting up lynches is not good.

Also, you are 100% wrong about not having to lynch the cult first. You know what happens when cults live longer than 1 night in minis? I suggest you go look at some games where that occurs.

Windkirby would be my secondary suspect as he has been very wishy washy all game about everything.
Ration
Ration
Goon
Ration
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by Ration »

Capricious wrote:"cloak of friendship"? does your role explicitly state that people with this cloak color are scum?
Why would you ask this, if you are town you would know this to be false.
Capricious wrote:I am not attempting to get on anybody's good side, and never will in a game of mafia, except when perhaps I am scum.
Dosen't look like that here. -

[qupte="Capricious"]You are a funny bunny. Would you rather we all sat down in a circle and hugged?[/quote]
Capricious wrote:roffman is still likely town based on his aggressiveness even after I am revealed as town.
Sorry but I don't get this, even after you are revealed as town?
Capricious wrote:
I could easily have passed under the radar.
I could've even claimed that my color, was told to me by the mod as black if necessary to save myself.
Capricious wrote:After his first statements,
you people
got clarification that he is a roleblocker of killing roles.
This has been brought up before.
Capricious wrote:armlx: do you by chance, live on a farm? BS is one of the primary resources and components of a farm, just saying.
I odn't know if this has been brought up but you go to personal attacks on people?
Capricious wrote:go ahead and lynch me, maybe then you people can finally get past the naive notion that the game can be broken with a simple claim, and can actually find some scum: e.g. DizzyIzzy

Unvote, Vote: Capricious

I am a cop.
This whole post makes no sense to me whatsoever, Capricious says to lynch him, votes himself, and claims cop all in the same post.
Capricious wrote:Also, I have information that implies strongly that there is a cult in this game.
This would be a good reason why I would want to lynch you, we have a few things that could come up.

A) You scum, giving loads of info.
B) You are town with the role you claim, so we know there is probably a cult, so we know more about the setup.
C) Your cloak color *might* be revealed, giving us even more info.

Why are you willing to lynch Capricious
and
me? Are you trying to get possibly two town lynched and then possibly defend yourself as being mistaken/the trade off of two town for one of you worth it?
roffman wrote:two things about my cloak color change. Firstly, i didn't want to say my cloak color in case mafia then decided to lie so that no cloaks would match, and secondly, i am actually color blind. i use a program to detect screen colors, and
when i used it on both my cloak and the color on the wiki page, they came up identical
roffman wrote:
my program said balanced purple, so i said light purple
[quote="roffman]Basically it detects colors in the standard RGB format, displays them as 3 variables, and annouces the color through the microsoft office voice after reading from a comparison table that was pre-loaded into the program based off a full vision color pallete. [/quote]
roffman wrote:have u ever tried to understand the microsoft text sayer and then tried to re-spell it?
Microsoft Text Sayer would've never said Turquoise if you used it on your cloak.

That's all I'm doing for now, I'm going to sleep.
HAPPY 420!
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

@windkirby: Why do you keep flopping about? It's very jumpy and it's almost like you're afraid of getting caught or something. Strange.

Despite this, I do want to see what happens with a Cap lynch. It would reveal a good amount of information and despite what windkirby says/votes, I don't think a Ration lynch would reveal as much information.

Let's find out about this cult group and the indigo cloaks and all in one swipe.
/cows: Capricious

Also, I've never been in a game with a cult, so could someone please tell me what happens after the cult leader dies. Do cult members become townies or scum (whichever they were to begin with) again?
Show
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked...

--

Town: 0-0
Scum: 1-0
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by armlx »

Quantam: Typically, after the cult leader dies, the recruits become a separate scum group, typically without a kill. Hence the reason cults are dangerous: they race the town twice as fast as scum, and lynching a recruit is always a losing prospect if the leader is still alive as they just get another one.
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

I see what you mean; that makes sense. Thanks.
Show
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked...

--

Town: 0-0
Scum: 1-0
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by roffman »

but do cultists generally know who each other is?
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:15 am

Post by armlx »

Yes, they generally do. I believe the standard is they can night talk.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:53 am

Post by windkirby »

Sorry if I seem wishy-washy, everyone. It's just that I was so unsure of what to do with Cap... Each time I think about how inexperienced he's acting, his cop claim pops up, and I just can't bring myself to feel comfortable lynching a claimed cop right now. I would much rather get rid of Ration or roffman to settle this...
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:27 am

Post by armlx »

I said that at first, only he's not a claimed "cop". He's a claimed cop for a specific non-mafia group, meaning he only has a valid investigation on 1 player (semi-valid on a few more depending on game day) meaning the standard risk/reward balance for a normal cop doesn't work, and he can't really be counter claimed like a normal cop.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:30 am

Post by windkirby »

I know, but just because it WOULD be convenient for him to claim that if he was really scum, it doesn't mean that he definetely wasn't what he said.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:53 am

Post by armlx »

windkirby wrote:I know, but just because it WOULD be convenient for him to claim that if he was really scum, it doesn't mean that he definetely wasn't what he said.
Welcome to the WIFOM world of non-confirmable claims.
Ration
Ration
Goon
Ration
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by Ration »

QF wrote:Let's find out about this cult group and the indigo cloaks and all in one swipe.
/cows: Capricious
HAPPY 420!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by armlx »

/lynched.