Mini 563 - Fish Monkey God (ROCKS FALL EVERYONE DIES)

xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Mini 563 - Fish Monkey God (ROCKS FALL EVERYONE DIES)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:27 am

Post by xyzzy »

PLAYER LIST

Still fighting for control of the Empire

No one

Retired from battle - permanently

Capricious - (protown) alternate scumgroup cop
somestrangeflea
Mikeburnfire - (protown) Oligarchy cop
QuantumFruit - (protown vote thief)
windkirby - crushed by planet
Tyfo - crushed by planet
armlx - crushed by planet
Justin125
DizzyIzzyB13 - crushed by planet
Serous - crushed by planet
andersonw
Oman - crushed by planet
roffman
Thesp - crushed by planet
Ration - crushed by planet
AniX
ZONEACE - crushed by planet

Still here and annoying everyone despite not technically being a player

Mastermind of Sin - Cult recruiter for the Church of the Fish Monkey God Reformed
Last edited by xyzzy on Mon May 19, 2008 10:05 am, edited 12 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:27 am

Post by xyzzy »

Rules for Fish Monkey God Mafia
- Written, then compared for completeness to MeMe's rules, then rewritten a bit.

1. The Fish Monkey God does not approve of these new-fangled "votes". To this end, in the ancient tradition of the /cows, you will be required to "/cows" people - it serves the same function, but it's entirely better. Also, less sacreligioyus. How's that for a word of the day? Anyway, if you want to lynch someone (well, it's not really lynching so much as getting a mystical light to make them explode, but seriously, do you really want to type out "I think MoS is the Mystical Exploding Light choice for the day"? Didn't think so.), you'll need to get a majority of people to say
/cows: MoS
(where MoS is whomever you want lynched [see previous parenthetical], and make sure it's bolded!), and then MoS will be lynched (whatever) - if 12 people are alive, for instance, it will take 7 votes, but if the entire population of the Empire were playing, it would take 65721 votes to lynch someone. If you wish to change your vote, please say "
/uncows: MoS
" before revoting. If for some stupid reason you're not bloodthirsty you can say
/cows: no lynch
, I guess. I don't know why you'd bother. Bloodshed of your fellow citizens is fun!
2. Each day a meeting will be held to determine who will win this first battle - this is when you vote for people. As it is, this is an entirely public meeting, so speaking to any other player during the day in private is not allowed and will result in very harsh punishment. You do not wish to test the harsh punishment.
3. Each night some of you may have the opportunity to alter the flow of battle with special skills - some of you may be able to kill people, or any other of a number of abilities. Some of you who are aligned with each other may be able to talk to each other, but the majority of you will need to be quiet. See previous rule on "harsh punishment".
4. While you are completely entitled to tell people about the role you receive in-thread, you may only do this in the following ways - you may paraphrase flavor, and you may describe skills. Only after the game is over may anyone post the picture(s) or exact text of their role. Again, harsh punishment.
5. Play to win. No one likes a jerk, so
don't be one
. If you have a personal issue with a player, ask to be removed from the game. I'd much rather replace you then see you quote your role PM or something like that because you don't like the other people involved. The immediate punishment for being stupid won't be huge, but I may ban you from future games modded by myself, which is pretty much the worst punishment ever - as the only (not currently banned) player who's punished in this way, let me tell you, it's miserable! ...Also, the same old harsh punishmnt may apply.
6. If you spontaneously gain the power to edit posts or something, don't do it. Don't try and make your posts tiny or something so people can't read them, and don't try to make them invisible. Don't encode secret messages that you'll decode when you're claiming or something stupid like that. In general, don't play against the spirit of the game.
7. "This is ... not a game about ghosts." - Rules to
Are You A Werewolf?
. Don't talk if you're dead. If you want to make a simple "bah" post with no information relevant to the game in it after you die, feel free. If you're chosen to be lynched, you may continue to talk but may not reveal information that you didn't reveal before the hammer vote was placed. Until I post the lynch scene, all players may talk.
8. While the Church of the Fish Monkey God Orthodox does not specifically hold a stance on /lost racism, it is suggested that any personal attacks against those worthless, dirty pigs who couldn't tell you the difference between the CotFMGO and the CotFMGR (Church of the Fish Monkey God Reformed) if it hit them on their slimy moldy head and then kicked them on their disgusting hairy back until they coughed up some sort of disgusting slime (etc.) be made while they're not around, since I heard they have claws or something weird like that.
Last edited by xyzzy on Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:28 am

Post by xyzzy »

-5,999: The Fish Monkey God invents banning and takes it a year into the past.

-5,998: The Fish Monkey God invents time travel. He uses it to get pizzas delivered faster.

-5,997: The Fish Monkey God invents pizza. The world rejoices.

-5,802: The events of /cows mafia take place.

-5,000: The Fish Monkey God invents The Fish Monkey God, in order to explain away a continuity error, and introduces more. No one rejoices.

-4,866: The Fish Monkey God invents another universe. He calls it Bobville. The continuity errors do not end.

-4,806: Bobville's first mayor is elected. He turns out to be a heretic.

-4,255 - -102: The Great Kitten and Duck War takes place. Very little recorded history.

-101: The Fish Monkey God resolves the Great Kitten and Duck War by creating a new species known as the /cows. This creates a continuity error.

82: The Empire is set up and the blue orb is forged.

247: The red orb is forged.

687: The events of Fish Monkey God Mafia take place.

Stars

The world of the Fish Monkey God has more stars than any other world in the known universes. There are fourteen known universes, and most of them have small to moderate quantities of stars, except for the planet on which the /cows exist. This planet has perhaps the most stunning array of stars possible: if one more star surrounded it within 100 million light years, it would begin a melting process that would ultimately result in some very overcooked /steaks. This is, of course, highly intentional, as the Fish Monkey God thinks that stars are about the best thing one can add to a universe to give it some extra cheer - it's like a throw pillow for the soul. Coincidentally, directly above the south pole of the planet is a constellation that looks startlingly like a throw pillow.

However, the most important star is the Blue Star, an oddly large star that only appears once a year, and only for a week. It is said that the light from this star will bless those with the Fish Monkey God's strength with immortality - effectively, anyone who has the Blue Orb of Protection's glow on them will be free from harm as long as the Blue Star shines over them.

The power of the Blue Star was first discovered by a group of mercenaries sent to kill a wicked /lost king. The king had stolen his way to power, and possessed the Orb of Protection. The mercenaries fought their way through the king's keep, saving prisoners and killing /lost throughout. Eventually they reached the king, tired but still strong after hours of battle. As several of the mercenaries made sure the king had no escape, one of them men stabbed the king through the heart. Pulling out his sword, he jumped back, while the king angrily ran at him. The battle continued for hours, until the men, feeling defeated, were slowly killed by the king. When morning finally came, the king's wounds immediately healed; but he was trapped in his chamber. The mercenaries who had not been in the battle, with the assistance of a traveler claiming to be a wizard, decided that the reason related to the star. After 4 days, they ventured back in, and defeated the king.

This week - the first week of the Imperial War, and the time of the annual Light of Night celebration - the Blue Star shines over the night sky, and the location of the red orb is unknown. What role it will serve, if any, only time will tell...

Signup Text

Fish Monkey God, the second tale in the /Cows legacy, takes place thousands of years after the Great /Lost War, which itself took place several millenia before the War of the Kittens and Ducks; it is the beginning battle of a war that nearly destroyed the world. Those involved in the battle ultimately will ultimately all be known as heroes, and how it will end no one can be sure.

The story begins on the first night of the Light of Night Festival, in the largest city in the world, the capital of the Empire (pictured below). Children run through the streets, while fireworks go off and people from all around the world gather to sell food and entertainment from their own people. The festival itself revolves around the blue orb that the Fish Monkey God supposedly gave to the First Emperor, hundreds of years ago; this orb joined another red one, both of which gave the Emperors of history great power and wisdom.

But as the red orb is brought down to the city square to be placed atop a giant glass fountain to commemorate the legacy of the Empire, a large boom is heard. The people of the city look around and discover smoke rising from the castle, near the Emperor's chambers. It quickly becomes apparent that the Emperor is being attacked; the stars aren't lit up in the sky yet. Another explosion of light fills the sky, this time causing beams of light to protrude down to eight of those in the streets, as well as in to the chamber of the castle where the explosion went off.

Another explosion in the sky startles the animals of a valley in an unexplored region of the world. As the beams of light reappear, twelve people materialize on the ground, wearing unusual, different clothing; each one wears a different cloak, each a different color. They look around, realizing that wherever they are it is now early in the day. Suddenly, another explosion produces a strange, orange and green light...
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by xyzzy »

All roles have been sent.

I'll be checking who picked up their PMs, but confirm here.

Anyone who may talk to other people can do that until I announce that day has begun.
Ration
Ration
Goon
Ration
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Ration »

/confirmage.
HAPPY 420!
Justin125
Justin125
Townie
Justin125
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by Justin125 »

/confirm
Check out [url=http://gojustin.net]GoJustin[/url]
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by andersonw »

/cowfirm

Nice job spelling "sacrilegious"
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Capricious »

here
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Capricious »

OMG, anderson is taunting the mod?
/cows andersonw
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

/confirm

Also, hi Ration. :)
And everyone else, of course - I just happen to be in another game with him.
Show
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked...

--

Town: 0-0
Scum: 1-0
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Capricious wrote:OMG, anderson is taunting the mod?
/cows andersonw
The game hasn't started yet. You can't /cows yet. (well, you can, but it's not official) :)
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

In that case,
unofficial /cows Capricious
for not knowing the rules! :shock:
Show
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked...

--

Town: 0-0
Scum: 1-0
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I forgot to mention because I'm dumb that Phate is comodding.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Edited the rules to point out that you can
/cows no lynch
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by Tyfo »

/confirm
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by roffman »

/confirm
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:10 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

THE FISH MONKEY GOD COMPELS YOU TO CONFIRM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Permanent V/LA.
Serous
Serous
Townie
Serous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:05 pm

Post by Serous »

/comfirm
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:17 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

/confirm
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:25 am

Post by windkirby »

/conform, I say!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:51 am

Post by xyzzy »

It looks by my count that all players have either confirmed in thread or have personally confirmed to me.

...As the orange and green light envelopes the twelve of you, you hear a distinctly loud, but distant voice. It seems to come from all directions, and it seems almost dangerous, yet so incredible.

This is all ruined when you hear another voice, shouting, "WOULD YOU LIKE A FLYER? I'M HANDING OUT FLYERS FOR THE CHURCH OF THE FISH MONKEY GOD REFORMED! WE'RE HAVING A POTLUCK THIS WEEKEND, YOU CAN COME!" The voice is loud, screeching, and stupid, and you all have the
deep desire
to kick whoever caused it. So you all decide to.

It turns out that the source of the voice is
Mastermind of Sin
, sir-not-playing Cult Recruiter. You all decide to kick him as often and hard as possible, so that he'll go away. Plus, cults are bad news!

"But I can't actually recruit you! I'm just a peon of the real authority, the Fish Monkey God! Admittedly, 'peon' doesn't look to great on the resume, but... did I mention the potlucks? Dave is bringing steak!"

Everyone realizes that the only logical source of steak would be perhaps /cows, and that the Church of the Fish monkey God Reformed is probably involved in cannibalism. This disgusts all of you, and you decide that you'd much rather just play some relaxing Bingo, except it hasn't been invented yet. So instead you see if you can figure out what the wonderful non-screechy voice was saying.

"...And the waiter says, 'Hey! That's no duck!' Okay, on a serious note, you all are here because of a big battle you've been chosen to be in. Some of you, who I unfortunately can't point out due to the nature of my awesome laws, were moments ago trying to kill the Emperor! And one of you is the Emperor! And the rest of you are just a bunch of chumps who don't matter. Anyway, I came up with the idea a few years ago that if anything like that ever happened I would just have a bunch of people kill each other, and anyone who remained would get to rule the land. So one of you, the Emperor, wants to keep control of his kingdom, some of you, who are part of His Maesty's Royal Dancing Squad (a vicious group of dancers known for their skill at tango, both alone, in pairs, and in grousp of size greater than two) were just trying to kill the king, which admittedly isn't very nice. However! I've set up this... this empty field here, where you can all kill each other. There's some huts you can sleep in over beyond the hill at night. Anyway, those vicious people who tried to kill the Emperor will probably be plotting all night, so while you could easily just judge who's who by who seems most tired, some of you might bring useful skills from your home lands, so it would be dumb to just kill anyone who looks tired. Plus, what if someone just doesn't sleep well? Then you'd jsut be a bunch of jerks. Oh, did I mention? A secret faction in the Empire has been trying to take control of the Empire for a while. They're mostly peaceful, I guess, so if they're with the majority of you, then they're okay if the survivors are all regular people hoping for democracy. But it's possible that some of them might have infiltrated His Majesty's Royal Dancing Squad, and there's nothing keeping the Emperor from being a member. If they're the only people who remain, they win this little game."

Everyone looks around. Emperor... Fish Monkey God... Dancing Squad... secret factions... it's too much to take in. Then someone says, "But how do we win? Kung fu?"

"Good question," says the Fish Monkey God. "And while kung fu is a useful life skill, most of you only have one tool: the mystical exploding light. I can send one of you to an alternate dimension where everything is purple (you can taste the purple, it's great!) every day. Actually, I could send more than one of you every day, but I'm not going to. Vote on who you want me to send to the Purple Dimension during the day, and I'll take care of the rest. Oh, by the way, you'll notice that you're all wearing cloaks? Yeah, everyone has a different color cloak, so... make of it what you will."

There is a town, some scum, and a group of people that can win with the town, their regualr scum group, or their alternate scum group.

Day One is go!

VotesNot voting: windkirby, Tyfo, QuantumFruit, Capricious, armlx, Justin125, Serous, andersonw, somestrangeflea, roffman, Ration, AniX
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Tyfo »

I'm seriously going to cow my brains out, I'm so utterly confused right now.
Justin125
Justin125
Townie
Justin125
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Justin125 »

/cows Serous

He should be more ser
i
ous.

/random vote
Check out [url=http://gojustin.net]GoJustin[/url]
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Capricious »

cows andersonw
for thesis stated above
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:45 am

Post by andersonw »

/cows Justin125
I hope you're not 125 years old, and I especially hope you weren't born in 125 A.D.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”