Mini 573 - Darkstalkers Mafia - Game over!

DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:36 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

Still waiting for alabaska.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:09 am

Post by GhostWriter »

gorckat wrote:And claiming? No. Al shouldn't claim. Unless he's a Vanilla townie. Scum shouldn't get off by claiming Power.
Why are you waiting for him to claim, DW?
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Rogueben »

Also don't you know the rule about not claiming as a vanilla? It achieves nothing, and when it gets to night scum would rather find a rower-role then off a vanilla. I think it was Yos2 that came up with that rule.
GW wrote:Why are you waiting for him to claim, DW?
He said nothing about claiming. I'm assuming he's waiting for a defense from alabaska. Why were you so quick to assume he meant a claim?

And btw I would like alabaska to claim.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:40 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Oh, I don't know...
DeanWinchester wrote:The only person I feel confident voting is Al, but will wait for claim.
Oh wait, could it be that little remark right there?
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Rogueben »

My bad. Sorry I forgot about that.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by springlullaby »

So to answer DP.
Drunken Piper wrote:
Please explain what was crap about my "case"?

I fact checked his first post and found it off base.

Seems to me that if you were of the
town persuasion,
you might do some Foot work to see if my findings, rose to the occasion
In my first post addressing you:
spring wrote:Through the question is not addressed to me, and I'm certainly interested in Sir Tornado's answer,
I think your meta is drivel
(what a nice word).

Change of gaming style is a null tell
, and I don't see how that particular little speech would benefit a scum anyhow. However, what I find more interesting is your bringing up your 'meta' at every turn. Your meta here looks to me as a fine way to appears to be doing your homework, while in fact
what you evidenced is inconsequential at the very best
In clear, though I'm not overly fond of meta used as an argument, I did check RotN since you brought it up. The result was that while it is true there is only one prior occurrence of him not placing a random vote (he was town, in a game with nightstart), he has also random voted both as town and mafia: my conclusion is that him choosing not to random vote in this game is a null tell.

Agree/disagree?
wrote:
Also what have you done toward finding scum?
Thats right, you prefer defending lurkers, right chum?
I'll assume these are rhetorical, nevertheless I don't feel like I came to RotN's defense. Though, I'd like you to tell me what should have I done toward finding scum that I didn't do.

At the moment I'm ok with an AJ or DP lynch.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

_______
Pyron

VOTECOUNT #11

Alabaska J
(5) - armlx, Rogueben, gorckat, ooba, Flameaxe

Drunken Piper
(2) - springlullaby, RossWilliam
GhostWriter
(2) - Claus, Alabaska J
springlullaby
(1) - Drunken Piper

Not voting
(2): DeanWinchester, GhostWriter

Deadline is on
APRIL FOOLS' DAY

Needed to lynch a fool: 7 votes
If by deadline no one has 7 votes the fool is the player with more votes
If two fools share the top score of votes the foolest among them is decided by
duel

IMPORTANT!!!!!

Flameaxe is on limited access now, but he said he would start posting by the weekend.
My next post will have details on the deadline, stay tuned. ;)
DR
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Claus »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:
Flameaxe is on limited access now, but he said he would start posting by the weekend.
Yeah, me too. Got some friends visiting my place :-( I hope I'll be able to make another megapost before the weekend.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Claus wrote:
Dead Rikimaru wrote:
Yeah, me too. Got some friends visiting my place :-( I hope I'll be able to make another megapost before the weekend.
Yeah, so just change the name. I'm back and all...
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

First of all, I believe everyone has power roles in this game, if I'm not mistaken.

Second, sorry for inactivity but school has got me swamped right now. Will make good post soon! Hopefully tomorrow but most likely in two days. I know deadline is close but before you hammer me (it's looking pretty dim) let me make one last good post, alright? Again I'm really sorry, but school comes first. Also, I'd like to see a reason for Dean's suspicions. kinda reads to me as leeching with his last post but apparently he's been doing this in a lot of games but I still don't like it.
FoS: Dean

This post is just thrown together as I need sleep :P but trust me more will come before the deadline. I was a lot more active earlier because of Spring Break but now school's back and I have 9-weeks exams and a couple projects to boot. I don't need to be replaced because in a day or so it should be over but yeah until then sorry but I'll have to keep you waiting. :/
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by armlx »

Alabaska J wrote:First of all, I believe everyone has power roles in this game, if I'm not mistaken.
I seem to remember seeing this somewhere for one of my games. It may have been this one. Anyone have a quote for this from DR?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

I won't quote it, I'll link it: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 396#936396

Bottom of that post, in the list of things in red.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:34 am

Post by gorckat »

It was worth a shot, at least, to see if he might claim vanilla. I think DR also mentioned it in the mini theme sign-up thread (or he linked me to that post).
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:38 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

Spring, thanks for answering my questions that I asked.
I found his declaration page one inconsistent and his true intentions masked.

However, that was page one with little else to go on.
I felt he was the better vote than a random one.

Can you see how I might think his post was a lie?
I had to fact check his statement for I was curious why.

Even though, I am still not certain about your alignment.
Someone else is playing so poorly that I think I need a vote reassignment.

Unvote, vote Dean.

His lurker state and opportunist Ala stance
screams scum, wanting to stay out of our glance.

Dean, I want your comments on all players before the deadline.
No more no content or hiding under a pine!
(hic)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:15 am

Post by armlx »

gorckat wrote:It was worth a shot, at least, to see if he might claim vanilla. I think DR also mentioned it in the mini theme sign-up thread (or he linked me to that post).
Fair enough. I had forgotten about that.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

Unfortunately, with the deadline quickly approaching, it seems inevitable I will be lynched. I hate taking this defeatist stance but realistically I can't see me getting enough unvotes to survive. Especially since I'm a rolecop (SK), which isn't a great claim I don't think (of course I might be mistaken, this is my first non-newbie game). Not sure why it isn't, cuz the SK's important to get, but I remember reading in a game that rolecop isn't a great claim.

Here's a review of my thoughts on everyone, voting me (as they will be most important once I turn up town I think):

armlx: Seems like a townie to me. His posts seem thoughtful and his suspicion is warranted at places. I screwed up a bit in this game, he voted me. Nuff said.

Rogueben: He's a replacement. His predecessor didn't do much, but he didn't ping any 'dars. I dislike Rogueben's play at some points. I don't like his reasons for voting me. He says I'm scummy for wanting to avoid early misrepresentation. armlx also disagreed with me on a similar point, but it was with the nature of my vote, not the fact I wanted to avoid being the topic of scum discussion (irony) that he disagreed. Seems almost like Rogueben is trying to do what armlx thought gorckat might have done earlier. For reference:
armlx wrote:The part I was kinda suspect on was the fact you post looked a lot like "I agree with a logical pg 1 post, wagon X".
Also, in his initial analysis, it seems like RotN seemed more scummy to him than me, and yet I got the vote. :/

Also, he makes a slight contradiction of his own (although it may not be anything big; I'll let oyu guys decide):
Rogueben wrote:
springlullaby wrote:All I see is a single act of lurkerhunting focalised on Ranger mixed with unwarranted 'look I did a 'meta' therefore I'm so not scummy'.
The meta is a very valid argument. Why is it that Ranger has decided for this game to make a stance when in many other games he has done nothing of the sort?
He's defending DP in his argument with springlullaby here. Then:
Rogueben wrote:
Alabaska wrote:DP is just trying to draw attention to springlullaby because he truly thinks he's scum. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.
The problem lies in whether he really thinks she's scum or not. If a case seems ingenuine then it's a legitimate vote, as it could be a case based on Krap-Logic TM.

Your defence of DP is noted here. I will take that into account should one of you come up scum.
I didn't really think I was defending anymore or less than he did earlier, and especially with that in mind, this seems rather harsh (and in my opinion, scummy).

I didn't like the post about voting Dean earlier. I've already talked about this, though.

Also, jumped on my "contradiction," which wasn't one at all. Calls for my lynch right away, too. I think he didn't catch my "contradiction" because he read it as sarcasm when reading through the game. This all seems really opportunistic to me. For reference:
Rogueben wrote:
ooba wrote:Nothing wrong with Roguben's 122 PbPa - Can't belive he missed Al's contradiction though
Wow. Good Catch. I missed that completely.

That's almost lynch worthy on it's own for LAL. Add that with the previous cases and I think we've caught one here.
His voting of me reminds me of what people accuse me of with my voting of GW. I now understand why you think it was scummy :P. I do agree with him though, nothing more, nothing less.
FoS: Rogueben
. For all the reasons, not that last bit, just so you know.

gorckat: I've never really liked a lot of what he's said, but looking back, it seems like vigorous scumhunting fueled by lots of misinterpretation. I'm going to eat crow and call town on this one, but I do get the impression that he almost seems to be armlx's apprentice or something. There just seems to be some kind of weird link I'm picking up. Not really much to substantiate it, but I just get that feeling. *shrug*

ooba: Says he believes my sarcasm was genuine, but doesn't unvote me. Weird, as his post seemed to be wholly influenced by my "contradiction" but that isn't necessarily scummy. Nothing really jumps out at me here other than what I've posted about him previous, and I don't want to plug up this post anymore. Leaning a little on the scummy side, but it's really close.

Flameaxe: First off, buddy, it's Alaba
sk
a J. Definitely not from alabama :P. Also, your post looks opportunistic to the max and your discussion of RotN at the beginning is WIFOM as of course you would say that no matter what alignment you have. Also, you seem tunneled on me for some reason. Looks a little opportunistic, if I may say so myself, especially compared to the other replacements, who at least analyzed everyone. Also, you seem like a possible buddy of GW because of the whole RotN thing. He looked pretty scummy, and I don't like you, so
confirm FoS: Flameaxe

@ Flameaxe: the connection is that a lot of what seemed scummy about GW is how he reacted to your predecessor. "Your" actions + his reactions = suspected scum buddies.

I would love to defend myself but am unclear of where to begin. Is there anyway I could have a list of all that is wanted for me to explain in order for most wanted to least wanted? kthnx

Also, this may make me seem scummy in some people's eyes, but I figured I should be the one throwing it out there and it is a legitimate point: you people may want to lynch elsewhere even if I'm your number one target because of the simple fact that now that I've claimed SKCop, I can't see me
not
being killed night 1 by the SK, even if I'm lying (which I'm not by the way :P).
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by ooba »

Could you elaborate on the claim ? RoleCop (SK) ? You target someone and know if he's the SK? No other powers?
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:46 am

Post by gorckat »

Do you know the name of the SK?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:10 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Mod, the following post may not be within the rules. If it is not, please delete this post and I apologize for it.

Assuming I'm allowed to ask this question, Al, what character are you? Do not copy the pm, that would be a blatant breaking of the rules. Just the name of the character you are.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:14 am

Post by armlx »

GW, asking character names in theme games is not typically assumed to be role name quoting.

Personally, I'm really sketchy with the SK only cop claim. I'm just as inclined to think he is the SK.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

AJ: Call it tunnel-vision all you want. Out of all of the posts in this game, nearly every one of yours gave me the willies (always wanted to say that). I fail to see how my post is opportunistic "to the max". I found you, out of everyone in the game, the scummiest in my re-read. Would you rather me vote who I found the least suspicious instead?
unvote, vote: flameaxe
. Wow, I see how much better this is! Why didn't I think of this before?!

But in all seriousness:
unvote, vote AJ
. Regardless, you are Alabama from this point on. :D

I don't believe in big analysis posts, sorry if that bothers you. I feel the need to get straight to the point and point out who I think is scum, Which is conveniently what I did. If you would like a player by player analysis, please ask, so I can tell you no.

Maybe my discussion on RotN was WIFOM, but sometimes that thinking is needed. Would you rather me completely ignore what I thought of his actions and not comment on them at all? When commenting on something like that, you dive into some WIFOM regardless.

Re: Claim - A rolecop...that finds SK...It's like one role, with the title of a completely different role! Aweshome! And I agree, full claims moar.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Sorry! been super busy. Will catch up and post thoughts by sunday
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by Claus »

Hey! I'm back! And I think I'll be more active from now on.

First, the short version:

Unvote
- I think GW answer to my attack was appropriate.
FoS DW
- You are right, Gorkcat, this guy completely slipped my radar. Maybe because he didn't vote and posted very little. But his few posts look like an "Yes Man". Once we deal with Alabaska, let's throw this one on the fire.

Alabaska: I'm not voting you right now, because I want you to say:
- your rolename
- the rolename of the SK
before you get into hammer-range. Cough that up, now.

Now to write the long version, with answer to questions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by Claus »

Ok, commenting on posts that picked my interest:

GW's answers:

Like I said before, seem okay - specially in light of Al's rabid attack on him.

205 (Alabaska):
Because I think you're right? I'm not sure what else I should have said since I agreed with you…
It feels more like you latched to the fact that I found someone else voteworthy as a drowning man latches to a drifting piece of flotsam. Your PbPA of GW after my vote was really reaching.
How many do we have? I doubt they are all scum, just a couple possible pairs.

In absence of evidence to the contrary, I think that 9 town 3 scum is the norm for mini games. However, the point I was trying to make is that you were labeling a LOT of people as "sure scum", which to me indicates that you don't really believe in any of the cases you are making.

206 (Armlx - thanks Alabaska for the correction)

Elaborating:
I wanted people to tell us their instance on DP x Spring, because I think, like you, that someone falling on one side or the other of the argument too strongly would be a scumtell.

Players giving opinions on each other is always good, specially on day 3,4, after some people have been cardflipped.

210 (DP)
- Changing playstyle is not "a lie". I think you are making too much out of a meta, specially out of a first post. If we are to lynch someone, it should be for things they did on THIS game.

That said, on later posts you seem to have evolved past hugging this particular case too tightly, so let's move on.

211 (Gorkcat)

FoS'es me for not attacking Dean. What can I say, you are right - I must have put DW in the lurker bin too early, and did not pay much attention to his posts.

My initial reaction to your post was "Dean has not posted at all! Unlike GW, who is being scummy", like Armlx mentions later. After re-reading Dean, though, I see that his few posts were quite "Yes, yes, let's do this", and promises for content that are not backed up.

That said, we can put DW on the stack, and deal with him once we're done with Alabaska.

216 (Flameaxe)

Post seems Ok. I would like to hear more on why you think Ross is useless.

217 (Armlx)

Don't like the "standard warning". I believe all votes in a bandwagon are equal in the
eyes of the mod, and turning the headlights into the later votes seems like trying to
take away the responsibility of the bandwagon from the earlier voters.

Upon reading this post, I made a note to vote Al immediately and tell Armlx that if
he was so worried he could always unvote - I'll probably do that once Al answers my
question.

218 (DW)

Is this getting caught up on the game HOW?

222 - (GW)

If you had the time to meta Dean, how about re-reading three players on this game and giving us your opinion on them? I'll even let you pick ;-)

223 - (Gorkcat)

HUH? (edit: oh, it was a trap)

230 - (Spring)

Ok answer, still doesn't like DP and AJ. What do you think about Ross Willian and Rogueben?

234 - (Alabaska)

You're busy in school. Okay. But scum gets busy too, so don't use that as a defense. Regarding your post, you FoSed Dean. So right now you suspect 5 people:

Ooba, Dean, GW, Flameaxe and Spring.

Is that right? Which of the above you suspect more? Why? Did any of the above fall from your suspect list?

237 - (Gorkcat)
Ooh, 223 was a trap. GW, you REALLY shouldn't have answered this one.

238 - (DP)
DP lets go of Spring. Now he is after Dean. Ok.

240 - (Alabaska)
Claims SK Cop. Like someone else pointed below, not really buying it. Could be the SK himself. Want a flavor claim (rolename, and SK's rolename).

Makes a player list from his votees.

Points a contradiction on Rogueben - I don't really see it.

Clears Armlx, but then says that he feels there is a "link" between Gorkcat and Armlx.

attacks Flameaxe - well, was already in scumlist.

=======================

See you guys later!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:08 am

Post by armlx »

Claus: The warning post was simply to prevent people from being dumb and quick lynching. Tomorrow I won't care where people fell on the wagon when looking back, but by saying that I deter idiots from causing confusion, as I've found quick lynchers are more often just dumb people than scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”