Mini 573 - Darkstalkers Mafia - Game over!

Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:33 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

_______
Anakaris

VOTECOUNT #9

Alabaska J
(3) - armlx, Rogueben, gorckat

Drunken Piper
(2) - springlullaby, RossWilliam
springlullaby
(1) - Drunken Piper

Not voting
(6): ooba, Flameaxe , DeanWinchester, Alabaska J, Claus, GhostWriter

Deadline is on
APRIL FOOLS' DAY

Needed to lynch a fool: 7 votes
If by deadline no one has 7 votes the fool is the player with more votes
If two fools share the top score of votes the foolest among them is decided by
duel

IMPORTANT!!!!!

Now that Dean posted and Sir T was replaced we have 100% participating players again.
But I will keep my eyes on you.:twisted:
DR
Last edited by Dead Rikimaru on Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Claus »

I'm in the game now.

Will post tomorrow.

Hello :-)
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Welcome!
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Flameaxe, speak up, you said that you would.

DK, I said I would answer again. Posting the same thing repeatedly is scummy.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

Listening to rap + watching Anakaris busta move = savage lols.

@springlullaby: Who's DK?
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by Claus »

Reread of the game:

6- RoN complains about Day-starts. I find the complaint stupid, but okay.
8- SirT votes RoN.
12- DP votes RoN for complaining.

13- Alabasca votes RoN, unvotes, says it is L-1 (it isn't), then random vote someone else.
- We don't need to random vote anymore, this sounds a bit too cowardly :-/

14- GW chides RoN for the fury. I am particularly liking it at this point, many people are choosing to react (DP, SirT, Ooba), or avoiding to react (Alabasca) post 6. I don't like this post from GW for some reason.

15 - Armix votes Ala for the random vote.
16 - Ration comes for Ala's defense. (not a newb)
17 - RW jokes the whole thing.

23 - alabasca gives a reason for random votes. I think that the discussion around RoN was good enough to start the game, though.

27 - DW comes and says nothing.

30 - Gorckat votes Alabasca

32-37 - Alabasca unvotes, explains he thinks Random vote is a safe vote. Armix argues the analogy (I'm with Armix). Alabasca takes the position of "don't wanna be lynched" townie.

40-46 - Gorckat and SirT discuss Random.org. Gorckat is correct.

49 - GW cimes in. He is right that a large Random vote discussion is unfruitful.

51 - The questioning is good, but the poetry is annoying.
52 - lol.

55 - non sequitur. Armix found Al suspicious enough to VOTE him. duh.

57, 59 - why is GW answering for RoN here?

71 - spring votes DP for pushing a non-relevant case (in her opinion).

74 - ration unvotes. Why is the vote stupid? because people didn't jump on? Says will post later. Me no like, there is plenty of discussion already (DP questioning RoN, spring voting DP, armix voting ala, etc).

77 - GW lurkervotes RoN.
78 - armix lurkervotes RoN

79 - DW chimes in, says nothing.

86 - Ration says that RoN is scummy (why?) but he won't be voting now (I see).

94 - Gorkcat accuses Ala of being ambivalent towards the RoN wagon. I think Ala is looking more like a newb by now. I'm more concerned about Ration.

99 - RoN says "I'm here, will post later", armix immediately unvotes. Not earth shattering, but I would wait the "post later" part to come into being, I guess.

101 - Ala OMGUS gorkat, and admits it. :-/ don't know what to make of it.
104 - Ala backtracks.

105 - Ration gets replaced. That might explain his behavior, I guess.

107 - Armix votes Ala for backtracking.

108 - RW does not jump straight into the infant Ala bandwagon. Personal meta says that Scum-RW is more vote happy.

113,115 - Gorkcat pressures Ala

122 - Rogueben joins the game. Like his initial analysis, resonates with what I'm feeling right now.

123 - Spring says lurkers know what they risk. unfortunately, in the current meta, lurkers risk nothing. I think the town gains more than loses by taking a harder instance on lurkers.

125 - Whoa! While I agree with RW sentiment, this was unexpectedly aggressive, specially given the meekness feeling I was getting from RW.

126 - (post by ala) I'm not sure if this is wish-washiness, or failing to read the thread.

127 - Rogueben criticizes spring. I agree with spring that the meta is NOT an argument. Metas are good for shaping existing cases, but I don't like cases built entirely on metas. RoN's "speech" should be questioned by its relevance to this game, not by its relation to previous games.

131 - springs defense. I think she did a good job of defending herself, and I agree with her position on metas.

133 -
DP uses OMGUS to defend

"What have you done to hunt scum?"

Well, DP, she is attacking your case, for starters.

136 -
GW defends his RoN vote. There is a lot more going on, but he takes no part in that.

139 - Gorkcat lurkervotes me. Boohoohoo.

140 - Rogueben mirrors my current thoughts on GW

147 - Ala decides to post insightfull content, goes on a full barrage of criticism (but "Now, that being said, I don't think you had bad intentions") against rogueben, but decides to FoS gorkcat instead with an onliner...

150 - Gorkcat noted the same thing. Of course, since that implicates him a bit, he blames the difference on the lurkervote targets, not the voters. :-/

156 - If DP is going to post in annoying poems, he shouldn't be complaining when people don't answer to his questions, specially when those are posed as affirmations (like the one in the second paragraph).

I find posting in poetry like this an arrogant exercise, that does not help the town one bit. I'm not answering questions in poetry form.

163 - I wanna see GW talk about the game. You guys talk about lurkers, but this one is lurking in plain sight.

166 - RW votes DP for pushing spring too much and the poetry posting.

167, 168 - Seems nor dean nor GW are reading the game. GW, there is one vote (RW) on DP that mentions the rhyming.

169 - Alabaska defends DP. Is this the first time that he takes a firm stand? ;-)

170 - Oh, rogueben noted that as well.

Player analysis coming next.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by Claus »

Short impression about players.

===
Spring - Started a case against DP, saying that attacks based on Meta are scummy. In general, I agree with this. I think her defense on 131 was good. Her "lurkers know what they risk" comment does not bother me that much. Pro-townish.

DP - Obfuscates his posts with poetry. Started an attack against RoN based on meta, and kept pushing it without RoN's response. Started discussing RoN with other people who were defending him. When Spring attacks him for his case, he starts OMGUS her. I don't see her dodging his questions as he says. I don't find him that scummy, though.

RW - He sided with DP, then with spring on the DP-Spring case. Voting DP. Is not really participating a lot other than that. FoSes Alabaska

===
Alabaska- Extremely wishy washy. Deserves the votes he is getting.

===
GW - this guy, however, is not getting the attention he deservers. Answered questions for RoN, then
joined the bandwagon when it started to grow. Lurks in plain sight.

===
Armix: leading the town and the Ala bandwagon. I generally feel good about him, with the exception of the RoN unvote, but that is a minor point

Gorkcat: like Armix, participating strongly.

Rogueben: I found ration a bit scummy, but my thoughts are similar to rogueben's regarding other players, so I feel okay about him.

===
Ooba: People talk about lurking scum, but this guy does not have one single contentful post (and he is reading the thread, because he piped up to greet me). I don't think anyone has mentioned him, and I find this fact very interesting.

Flameaxe: Yet to Post, recently replaced.
DW: posted little, needs to make his position known.
===

=================================================================

It seems we have two dynamics going on: DP x Spring, and Alabaska

Alabaska is being pressured mainly by Armix and Gorkcat, and RW recently joined the
DP x Spring thing. I'm feeling that people in one dynamic seems to be largely ignoring the other.

Spring, DP, RW: What do you think of Alabaska, and the attacks against him?
Gorkcat, Armix, Alabaska: What do you think of the headbutting between Spring and DP?

Personally, I think Alabaska deserves the heat he is getting, and that the DP/Spring headbutt
seems like townie x townie.

GW, on the other hand, is getting much less attention than he deserves. He is not really lurking - he comes to post no-content posts, starts staying away from the RoN wagon, then answer questions for him when DP starts questioning him, then joins the bandwagon when it gets popular.

I feel GW deserves a vote more then Ala:

vote: GW

and since I only have one vote

FoS Alabaska

See you guys tomorrow!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:14 am

Post by ooba »

Sorry i haven't been posting here .. One post coming up after a quick re-read ..
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:30 am

Post by gorckat »

Claus wrote:Gorkcat, Armix, Alabaska: What do you think of the headbutting between Spring and DP?
spring seems to be saying there was more coming in the way of answers and DK is pushing hard for them. I hadn't made up my mind yet because of apparently incomplete info.
Claus wrote:GW, on the other hand, is getting much less attention than he deserves. He is not really lurking - he comes to post no-content posts, starts staying away from the RoN wagon, then answer questions for him when DP starts questioning him, then joins the bandwagon when it gets popular.
I have been a bit tunneled on Al, and GW hasn't done anything yet. Do you think if GW is scum that Flame(RoN) is, too?
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Claus wrote:gorkcat, armlx, Alabaska: What do you think of the headbutting between Spring and DP?
Well, I believe 169 says how I feel fairly well, but if you want something as specific as if they are town or scum, I'm not sure yet. I think that people are biased against DP because of his rhyming even if they don't know it. I'm trying to read him objectively, but I find myself skimming over his posts more often than not, slightly irritated. I think because he is a little harder to read than the others, his posts aren't being analyzed or thought about compared to the rest of ours. I think they've both made good points so far and if I had to say, I would agree with the town v. town you said, Claus.

Claus wrote:GW, on the other hand, is getting much less attention than he deserves. He is not really lurking - he comes to post no-content posts, starts staying away from the RoN wagon, then answer questions for him when DP starts questioning him, then joins the bandwagon when it gets popular.
Interesting. GW really slipped under my radar.

PBPA of GhostWriter
:

15: Criticizes RotN heavily for his post but
doesn't vote him
. Seems almost like coaching to me.
16: Corrects grammar.
49: Refuses to get into an argument about random voting. Similar stance to RotN. Dunno what that may mean, but thought I'd bring it up. Also, this post prevents him from being labeled a lurker like RotN and others, as he responds to armlx.
54: Corrects me about RotN's now infamous post.
57: Claims to have meta'd RotN, kind of bends to DP.
59: I have no idea what kind of content this post is supposed to bring to the table. He's definitely not arguing with anyone; I'm pretty sure we all understand this fact. He's not answering DP's question, he just…posting. Dunno who it's supposed to be directed at. I'm guessing this was just to prevent him being labeled a lurker? It's almost like he's buffing his post count here.
62: Points out to me where RotN is against random voting, even though DP already had. Looking at the time stamps, though, probably just sarnath'd.
Side Note: ooba's 63 is probably the most ironic post in the game so far.
77: Votes Ranger. Ranger wagon is gaining steam. Only one vote on him, though. If RotN and GW are scum, then GW is definitely distancing here. Great timing, as the third vote follows soon after. Second vote isn't very suspicious out of context.
Side Note: Dean's 79 is the best pot-calling-the-kettle-black since kitchenware could talk.
136: Logically defends his RotN vote. RogueBen was the first to notice anything scummy about him, ends his 13 day posting drought.
159: Unvotes Ranger. Ranger had been replaced, but Flameaxe had not yet (and still hasn't) posted anything to counteract GhostWriter's suspicions voiced earlier about Ranger. Seems very premature to me. Everyone else got off the Ranger wagon because of voting other people. Not GW. Doesn't want to vote his scumbuddy for no reason, I suppose.
163: Defends Dean's lurking. Dean has only posted twice, though. This post is definitely an understatement.
168: Defends rhyming. Honestly, I agree with this post. If DP rhymed only in games where he was scum, it would be different. However, doesn't address RW directly and just says "none of you" when talking about voting DP. RW just voted DP for a reason you don't like! Why ignore that? I could let this go as no treading the thread if RW's post wasn't
two posts above him!
Seems like he's avoiding confrontation to me.

After this, I feel I should
unvote, vote: GhostWriter
. Definitely enough evidence in my mind.

@gorckat: Yes, I think Flameaxe (RotN) is scum if GW is.
FoS: Flameaxe
. Also,
mod, please prod Flameaxe and GhostWriter.
I'd like to hear their side of the story.

@Claus: Yes, I have a horrible habit of being wishy-washy after coming under pressure early. Read my first game for proof of that. Weird game though, as I got (OMGUS, in my eyes) hammered by the cop immediately after I claimed doc (truthfully) and the game was eventually called due to mod error. Pay more attention to the beginning, though, and the whole FoO debacle.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:01 am

Post by armlx »

Claus wrote: Gorkcat, Armix, Alabaska: What do you think of the headbutting between Spring and DP?
To put it quite frankly, I don't right now. Once one of them dies it could be useful, but for now drawing any conclusions from it seems iffy at best, except maybe to see who falls on whose side of the argument.

I agree with the attacks on Ghostwriter though. I'll give him a post to respond to them before making any further decisions.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:35 am

Post by gorckat »

Al- you keep answering questions directed at others, and it keeps making me think you're doing it to try and stay ahead of any bandwagon curve.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Alabaska J »

gorckat wrote:Al- you keep answering questions directed at others, and it keeps making me think you're doing it to try and stay ahead of any bandwagon curve.
Explain?
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:14 am

Post by gorckat »

I was asking Claus what he thinks of GW and Flame(RoN) being linked. I'm pretty sure you've done that before.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Alabaska J »

First off, yeah I know but since I was analyzing them anyway I thought I might as well answer the question, especially since you didn't say it was to him outright.

Second off, I mean about staying ahead of the bandwagon curve. I don't know what that means/implies.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by ooba »

As Promised .. Sorry for not being being able to keep pace with the game till now - i shall be involved hereafter .. Not a complete PbPa - I've mentioned things which i thought were important or odd ..

RangeroftheNorth 6 :
I think there's a particular aspect which we haven't thought about - maybe Ranger has a Post restriction or a voting restriction. His other two posts do not look like a Post restriction but the latter might still be the case.

Albalaska 13 :
He comes back and he random votes after posting already in the game. I do not see the purpose of this. Why do we have a random voting stage? To stimulate discussion and get the game going. However Ranger's first post had already achieved that purpose - i cannot see the purpose of this.

A short on 'truly' Random voting where i agree with armlx's stance. Gorckat,Rosswilliam and myself agree here

Then a discussion on whether the townies first job is to avoid suspicion or scumhunting.

SirT comes out and says 'truly' random voting should not include random.org cause people might be lying. I'm not quite sure what SirT was trying to imply in his last post but the discussion on that just died out. Gorckat didn't reply to this but we were already onto the next page and other discussion so i guess he ignored it.

GW 49:
'I'm here' sounds so wrong to me

DP 61:
I've read the bolded parts but it still seems to me as if RoTN was only against random voting if it starts with a day

Al 64:
Agreeing with DP when DP is wrong and he was actually correct.

Ration 74 :
I'm not liking this post. 'I don't like the start of games, usually they are pointless, so I'll post more later on.'

Bang Bang Bang - a contradiction from Al ...
Al in Post 64 wrote:Ah. I see. I read that part as the was drivel because there was no one nightkilled and therefore nothing to talk about at the beginning of day 1. My apologies.

@Drunken Piper:
Yeah I meta'd him
, and I do think this stance on random voting is odd, as he random voted in others games. I just wasn't sure random voting is what he was ranting about. Also, kudos on the rhyme.
Al in Post 83 wrote: Prod RoTN for me, won't ya mod?

BTW,
did anyone do a meta on Ranger to see if he random voted in other games?
Just checking.
Again not liking post 86 of Ration.

Gorckat attacks Al for trying to induce people to vote RoTN without voting himself. The reactions and counter reactions seem genuine. But i do not like "I see total impressionable newbie bending and swaying with the will of the masses" of RossWilliam - what is this supposed to mean?

Nothing wrong with Roguben's 122 PbPa - Can't belive he missed Al's contradiction though

springlullaby's 123 -
I like it where he talks about why he's voting DP.

Al 126
- I disagree - RossWilliam gives me mild scumvibes at this point

springlullaby's 131 is full of win - He's Pro town in my books

RB's arguement against GW in 140 is very good

A bit of hypocrisy from armlx :

He votes RoTN in 78 to get him to post
armlx in 78 wrote:I whole heartedly agree. Ranger has been Mish-Mashing a heck of a lot since his last post too.

Moving past teaching game lessons.

Unvote, Vote Ranger

Post.
And he FOSes Roueben in 141 for him doing the same
armlx wrote:
Rogueben wrote:
Mod: Can you prod Sir Tornado and DeanWinchester

If Dean does not post in the next couple of days I will seriously consider
voting
having someone replace
him.
Fixed,
FOS Rogueben
for suggesting we do the mod's job for him.
In 144 armlx says 'lynching people who do not post is wrong' - I agree but Rogueben only said 'voting' - not 'lynching' - Overprotective much?
If SirT or DW turn up scum , i'll have my eye on you

Note Flameaxe does not vote in both 148

gorckat attacks Al for good reason - Not liking Al's weak defense here

RossWilliam votes DP in 166 which is good cause DP pinged my scumdar too with his attack on spring

DW makes an appearance and then says 'I dont promise anything in terms of active contribtuion'

Rogueben's 171 is full of win. -> He Enters Pro-town in my books

Al's 179
reaffirms something which has been bothering me from page 1 - He's posting just to look active but nothing much in terms of content in a lot of his posts

Ok Claus does a PbPa on 180 - I shall compare with mine above ..

Think he's see the same thing about Al's random vote as i did. Not sure what 'cowardly' means here

'I think that the discussion around RoN was good enough to start the game, though.'- My sentiments exactly

We disagree on our analysis of 49

We agree on 74

Hmm Claus also seems to have missed Al's contradiction.

We agree on 131. And with RB's 140

Player sentiments match to a certain extent . I disagree with not finding DP scummy though.

Otherwise a very good PbPa - he has not wantonly misrepresented anyone
gorckat wrote:I have been a bit tunneled on Al
QFT. Lol

184 : Al's defense of DP is noted . Also lhis first point in his PbPa against GW is similar Rougeben's 'Could be coaching' in 140

186,188 : gorckat's tunnel vision on Al continues but a good point about staying ahead of the bandwagon curve.

Overall my analysis..

Town
~~~~
Spring
Rougeben

Neutral
~~~~~
RossWilliam (scummy at the begining but sort of neutral vibes in the end)
gorckat
armlx
GW
Claus (The most townish of this neutral group)

Scum vibes
~~~~~~~~
Al
DrunkenPiper

Can't say
~~~~~~
Dean (Has to post more)
Flameaxe(RoTN) - Nothing much to go on here except my theory

No points for guessing who i'm going to vote

vote:Alabaska J
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by Rogueben »

ooba wrote:Nothing wrong with Roguben's 122 PbPa - Can't belive he missed Al's contradiction though
Wow. Good Catch. I missed that completely.

That's almost lynch worthy on it's own for LAL. Add that with the previous cases and I think we've caught one here.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:54 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Alabaska J wrote:
PBPA of GhostWriter
:

15: Criticizes RotN heavily for his post but
doesn't vote him
. Seems almost like coaching to me.
16: Corrects grammar.
49: Refuses to get into an argument about random voting. Similar stance to RotN. Dunno what that may mean, but thought I'd bring it up. Also, this post prevents him from being labeled a lurker like RotN and others, as he responds to armlx.
54: Corrects me about RotN's now infamous post.
57: Claims to have meta'd RotN, kind of bends to DP.
59: I have no idea what kind of content this post is supposed to bring to the table. He's definitely not arguing with anyone; I'm pretty sure we all understand this fact. He's not answering DP's question, he just…posting. Dunno who it's supposed to be directed at. I'm guessing this was just to prevent him being labeled a lurker? It's almost like he's buffing his post count here.
62: Points out to me where RotN is against random voting, even though DP already had. Looking at the time stamps, though, probably just sarnath'd.
Side Note: ooba's 63 is probably the most ironic post in the game so far.
77: Votes Ranger. Ranger wagon is gaining steam. Only one vote on him, though. If RotN and GW are scum, then GW is definitely distancing here. Great timing, as the third vote follows soon after. Second vote isn't very suspicious out of context.
Side Note: Dean's 79 is the best pot-calling-the-kettle-black since kitchenware could talk.
136: Logically defends his RotN vote. RogueBen was the first to notice anything scummy about him, ends his 13 day posting drought.
159: Unvotes Ranger. Ranger had been replaced, but Flameaxe had not yet (and still hasn't) posted anything to counteract GhostWriter's suspicions voiced earlier about Ranger. Seems very premature to me. Everyone else got off the Ranger wagon because of voting other people. Not GW. Doesn't want to vote his scumbuddy for no reason, I suppose.
163: Defends Dean's lurking. Dean has only posted twice, though. This post is definitely an understatement.
168: Defends rhyming. Honestly, I agree with this post. If DP rhymed only in games where he was scum, it would be different. However, doesn't address RW directly and just says "none of you" when talking about voting DP. RW just voted DP for a reason you don't like! Why ignore that? I could let this go as no treading the thread if RW's post wasn't
two posts above him!
Seems like he's avoiding confrontation to me.

I'll just start explaining the things that I can. You just figure out where they go, it won't be hard to figure out.

I didn't vote for him because I did not feel that JUST because he said that was a reason to vote for him. Big whoop, he didn't like the part of the game where pointless votes were placed and everyone talked about nothing in general until someone "slips" and enough can be said about them to cause a lynch. If he did not want to participate in the part of the day that was indeed random. However, I did later vote for him, because I felt that part of the day had been moved past and that he needed to contribute. Also, why the heck would I coach anyone. He's way more experienced than I am, why would I coach him?

I did refuse to get into the argument over the ethics of random voting, because it did nothing. I saw no point, therefore I did not get into it.

59 was aimed at the post before it, where DP had stated that Ranger had picked this game to do the whole "no random voting, no day start, thing, and I simply said that this is why it got so much attention. Because he hadn't done this in any other game when we meta'd him.

Also, about 54, big whoop, I corrected you so that you wouldn't have the wrong idea.

I already explained 77 in the first response, not going to repeat it.

136, about that "drought", I posted in the V/LA thread that I was going to be at a National competition in Orlando. I put it in my signature. I had no computer access, and the only time I got online was through a cell phone, that couldn't handle looking at whole threads, so I responded to prod pm's only. If no one noticed the sig, and no one checked the V/LA thread, then I apologize.

I unvoted Flameaxe because he deserves the chance to make me suspicious or to take away my suspicions, and I did not feel he deserved the vote. I gave the vote to Ranger in the first place, due to his inactivity. I took it off the replacement because the replacement is supposed to cure that inactivity. I had nothing else on Ranger, seeing as he did not talk, so what reason would there have been to stay on the vote?

I did NOT defend Dean, I stated that he had a tendency to do this, because you all deserve to know. I actually believe he'll be replaced. Meta him yourself and see how much he talks in the majority of his games.
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Drunken Piper »

have comments on what both ooba and claus have said.
this weekend (hopefully) those point I will shed.
(hic)
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Alabaska J »

@ooba: That "contradiction" was me poking fun at DP because he kept saying he did the meta. It was pure sarcasm. Context helps, sometimes. Seems like you were just reading my posts and didn't get it. I'll forgive you this time…
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Actually, after finishing reading your post, I won't. Read the whole thread as it goes, especially when you've lurked as long as you have. You seem to be buddying up springlullaby in that post a lot…are you agreeing with his comment about lurkers (which you don't even bring up)? Or is that overlooked because you are such a lurker yourself? If either comes up scum, I'll be looking at the other.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:59 am

Post by Alabaska J »

GhostWriter wrote:I'll just start explaining the things that I can. You just figure out where they go, it won't be hard to figure out.
Alright, lets get started, then, shall we?
I didn't vote for him because I did not feel that JUST because he said that was a reason to vote for him. Big whoop, he didn't like the part of the game where pointless votes were placed and everyone talked about nothing in general until someone "slips" and enough can be said about them to cause a lynch. If he did not want to participate in the part of the day that was indeed random. However, I did later vote for him, because I felt that part of the day had been moved past and that he needed to contribute. Also, why the heck would I coach anyone. He's way more experienced than I am, why would I coach him?
I'll tell you why it's coaching. Because you criticize him for
drawing votes
, not for the content of his post. Then you refuse to vote him. That sounds a hell of a lot like scum coaching to me. And it doesn't matter who's more experienced. One scum can coach another regardless. Besides, this isn't a newbie game where one of you is an IC.
I did refuse to get into the argument over the ethics of random voting, because it did nothing. I saw no point, therefore I did not get into it.
It ended the random voting stage and brought us into day one proper. That's seems like a good enough reason to me. Although you do have a tendency to avoid discussion.
59 was aimed at the post before it, where DP had stated that Ranger had picked this game to do the whole "no random voting, no day start, thing, and I simply said that this is why it got so much attention. Because he hadn't done this in any other game when we meta'd him.
Doesn't quite fit, diction-wise and all, but I'll accept that.

Also, about 54, big whoop, I corrected you so that you wouldn't have the wrong idea.

Thanks? I really had no objection to this post. You were clarifying.
I already explained 77 in the first response, not going to repeat it.
Point this out please. I';m sure it's there, I just can't find it for some reason.
136, about that "drought", I posted in the V/LA thread that I was going to be at a National competition in Orlando. I put it in my signature. I had no computer access, and the only time I got online was through a cell phone, that couldn't handle looking at whole threads, so I responded to prod pm's only. If no one noticed the sig, and no one checked the V/LA thread, then I apologize.
My bad. Didn't remember your sig in the PBPA.
I unvoted Flameaxe because he deserves the chance to make me suspicious or to take away my suspicions, and I did not feel he deserved the vote. I gave the vote to Ranger in the first place, due to his inactivity. I took it off the replacement because the replacement is supposed to cure that inactivity. I had nothing else on Ranger, seeing as he did not talk, so what reason would there have been to stay on the vote?
Your vote of Ranger already seemed reluctant and you seemed to be looking for an opportunity to take it off. Besides, he had to seem somewhat scummy for you do vote him, right? Replacements have the same role, so it stands to reason guilty until proven innocent in this case. Unless, you never wanted to vote Ranger in the first place and did so to avoid suspicion.
I did NOT defend Dean, I stated that he had a tendency to do this, because you all deserve to know. I actually believe he'll be replaced. Meta him yourself and see how much he talks in the majority of his games.
I actually did meta Dean (by accident, I read a game he happened to be in) and you're right. He does post a shockingly low amount. However, this is still defending him, technically, although without the implications of the first time I accused you of it.

Also, is it just me, or did springlullaby also random vote? ooba seems to have ignored this also…
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:21 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I apologize, I did not explain it, I had meant to before I got sidetracked (that post was written at 3 times, with short breaks in between due to house work), so I'll say it now: I voted him because of the fact that, to me, it seemed he was using his first post as a way of avoiding discussion. I felt that he should have, after the discussion evolved more from random to having a point, he should involve himself, especially since he was now the center of attention and not doing anything.

Continuing to you still suspecting my unvote of Flameaxe: Since my vote was due to the inactivity of the one replaced, why would I keep it on the one replacing him to fix that inactive. I ONLY voted because I thought he was avoiding discussion. He asked for a replacement, I took that as him really not having had the time to get in the discussion and thus, I removed my vote from the replacement. As for Flameaxe not responding yet, I knew he was away on vacation before he was replaced in. He mods another game I'm in and told us that he would be away. I can wait for him to get back and finally give us his stance on all of this, where Ranger failed.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:24 am

Post by armlx »

I don't like the first half of GW's responses, but the second half seems good. Still moderately scummy, but there's bigger fish to fry.

The contradiction Ooba brought up makes me more happy with my vote on Al.

Ooba:

The difference between Sir T / Dean and RotN was that RotN's first post was him explicitly stating he didn't want to post. The other two simply weren't in the game at that point. This may have been more evident to me as I am modding a game Sir T was in and wasn't posting in and am in another game where Dean is doing the same thing.

In addition, after the deal with RotN, some mafia discussion threads and a couple games I am in now (including this one) caused me to reevaluate my stance on attacking lurkers.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:35 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Dear God people! It was sarcasm! Let's look at all (and I mean all) of Ranger's posts before then…

Drunken Piper wrote:The game is on, however I am dark stalker naïve.
But love Dead’s games, and this will be great I believe.

Before you ask, I don’t have a Post Restriction.
Like a foot fetishist, to Big Feet, I have a rhyming addiction.

I find Ranger’s first post quite strange,
A quick meta shows
he has never given that speech before, why the change?

Vote Ranger

Matter of fact, it seems he does partake in the random vote stage,
which make me wonder why he isn’t here on this first page?
Drunken Piper wrote: Again I put forth my question,
Ranger, why the “I will not random vote” confession.

Anyone who is Hands On and metas you they will see
You in other games placing some random votes with glee.

Explain why you
should be playing different here
While I sit and guzzle my beer.

Thoughts please,
since many of you are just shooting the breeze.
Drunken Piper wrote:
But look at his other game(s).
and you will find he does not play the same.
Drunken Piper wrote:What has attracted my Eye,
is why he decided
this game
to make such a statment, why oh why.
Drunken Piper wrote:Not trying to be a Butt, you see
but can you please explain to me.

why you didnt quote the whole post?
especially where he gives random posting the roast.

seems to me that he is giving himself reason to lurk.
reading this statement like a smirk.

got a question I would like to aska,
did you meta Ranger before you posted this Alabaska?
Drunken Piper wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:Drunken Piper, can you post at least once without rhyming please? I want to make sure there isn't any PR.
a meta
will tell you what you need to know.
play this way in all games though.

Sir T,
your thoughts on my meta on Ranger?

I noticed you havent addressed the topic, stranger.
Drunken Piper wrote:
he says he does not like random votes and day 1 posting is a shame,
but posts like mad day 1 and random votes in another game?

this does not bother you!
this does not bother you?

he basically says he will not chat (much) this day.
but you feel like his lurker attitude is A ok?

so I have your vote for actually be Hands On and trying to scum hunt.
but you have no problem with his lurking stunt?

Interesting to me,
noting this link, I be.

I am not faking a PR,
check out my other games and you will find them on par.
I have underlined every time he talks about meta-ing someone (mostly his meta on Ranger). In addition, the post directly before mine was:
RossWilliam wrote:I think Drunken Piper might just be wanting more credit for his meta then he's getting
Do you see the sarcasm apparent now? [sarcasm]I'm sorry I didn't put sarcasm tags around it.[/sarcasm]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”