shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:24 am

Post by shaft.ed »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
shaft.ed wrote: Conclusion, I think this analysis detracts from the idea that Adele is scum.
No, the analysis detracts from adele being scum WITHOUT you in it, there is a huge difference. After my breakdown of adele scum pairings, I have no doubt that you will be voting me today...or I should say, tha tyou wont be voting Adele today.
CKD if you are going to throw accusations of me being scum around please back them up. My play N1 was very much not in the scums best interest if I'm paired with Adele. My options would have been 1) target the Nk'd tracker, a bit obvious but won't cause any issues and won't make my partner have to falsify results, 2) target the Doc who would likely pass his power on to my partner which is a much much better situation than having to fabricate investigation results, or 3) create a double watcher who will force my partner into fabricating watching results each night.

Wait, I hadn't really thought of this before, but it seems as though fabricating Tracker results is going to be significantly more difficult than fabricating watcher results. That's a decent motivation for taking out a tracker right there.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:35 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

DGB, if you really want to meta me you should check out Dead's game that I was in with Cicero, I was in much of the same position then I am in now...the scum (6 in that game) were all pushing for my lynch, commenting on how scummy I had been, of course, like this game it was also up to interpretation. I plead (much like I am about to here). So if you really are going to meta, meta a game that you actually know my alignment in.

Cicero, I need the town to trust me. It is already an uphill battle because I feel that CES is town and he had his mind made up yesterday. So, unless I can convince him, I need one of Adele’s scum partners to bus her. Not likely, now the talk mainly has revolved around me and my hanging. If you really are town, I am asking you to trust me. Adele is our scum. I give you my word, that if I am lying…I will go into the GD and open a trolling thread about myself, I know a hand full of people that would love that. Think about this game…what makes more sense as scum? That I the jailkeeperscum submitted the kill last night? If you believe that, what scum pairing could I be in that that would be a wise decision.

OR Adele/shafted are scum together, shafted claimed to target Yvonne instead killing her and Adele fakeclaims to a.) cover up shafted and b.)finger anyone she wants to at lylo today….to put them in a he said she said situation.

what is more plausible?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:42 am

Post by shaft.ed »

CKD if you are town we need all of the townies to vote properly in order lynch the right person today. Alienating me without any case is not going to get you very far towards that goal.

And please stop with the out of thread crap. That has absolutely nothing to do with this game.

Also why the constant pandering to cicero? You only mention him, and CES peripherally. You need all three other townies to vote with you today for this game to keep going. Scum need only one townie to vote with them.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:52 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Where we're at:

CES : CKD
cicero: CKD
Fonz: leaning CKD
shafted: undecided
DGB: uncreasingly leaning CKD, especially after shafted's analysis.

When the rest of you feel it's time to vote, I'm ready, too.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:54 am

Post by shaft.ed »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Where we're at:

That's too many CKD's.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:56 am

shaft.ed wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:That's too many CKD's.
Those are current voting intentions.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:01 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I understand, but unless his scumbuddies are bus'ing him, which is quite reasonable given that he was fingered in the NK, then there are too many people willing to lynch him.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:03 am

DGB, why the change of heart? Just yesterday you wanted Adele you do some breakdowns..today you are not interested? Why are you rushing it?..if you are ready to vote me..vote me, why do you need to confirmation for everyone else?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:05 am

shaft.ed wrote:I understand, but unless his scumbuddies are bus'ing him, which is quite reasonable given that he was fingered in the NK, then there are too many people willing to lynch him.
Exactly. What this tells me is that Adele is probably town, and his buddies have no choice but to bus him.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:08 am

shaft.ed wrote:CKD if you are town we need all of the townies to vote properly in order lynch the right person today. Alienating me without any case is not going to get you very far towards that goal.

And please stop with the out of thread crap. That has absolutely nothing to do with this game.

Also why the constant pandering to cicero? You only mention him, and CES peripherally. You need all three other townies to vote with you today for this game to keep going. Scum need only one townie to vote with them.
Shafted, you spent most of the day directing everyone to target adele with their powers..you had to figure that one of Yvonne's watches was going to target Adele, the other who knows...that is in your favor..but that really is it. Shafted I would be fucking amazed if you actually voted Adele today...

Any reason you didnt give the "has nothing to do with this game" speech to DGB when she talked about metas?

I am "pandering" to Cicero because I am on the fence about him, especially given DGB's inconsistent play today. If he is town, I need him to think...it is going to take all the town to vote correctly for this lynch.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:08 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:DGB, why the change of heart? Just yesterday you wanted Adele you do some breakdowns..today you are not interested? Why are you rushing it?..if you are ready to vote me..vote me, why do you need to confirmation for everyone else?
shafted did it, which is even better than Adele doing it in some ways.

Confirmation IS needed, because as I explained earlier, today's lynch should be a cooperative decision. We can't have one player voting either you or Adele, and have the scum pile on. We need to make sure that more than one townie believes you are scum, and I think we have achieved this.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:09 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:I understand, but unless his scumbuddies are bus'ing him, which is quite reasonable given that he was fingered in the NK, then there are too many people willing to lynch him.
Exactly. What this tells me is that Adele is probably town, and his buddies have no choice but to bus him.
DGB, who are my buddies?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:10 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:

DGB, why the change of heart? Just yesterday you wanted Adele you do some breakdowns..today you are not interested? Why are you rushing it?..if you are ready to vote me..vote me, why do you need to confirmation for everyone else?
suppose to read, you wanted Adele to do some breakdowns.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:12 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:DGB, why the change of heart? Just yesterday you wanted Adele you do some breakdowns..today you are not interested? Why are you rushing it?..if you are ready to vote me..vote me, why do you need to confirmation for everyone else?
shafted did it, which is even better than Adele doing it in some ways.

Confirmation IS needed, because as I explained earlier, today's lynch should be a cooperative decision. We can't have one player voting either you or Adele, and have the scum pile on. We need to make sure that more than one townie believes you are scum, and I think we have achieved this.
Shafted did Adele scum groups with him not in it...THAT is not CKD scum groups from Adele..
NOTHING that shafted did should have convinced you that Adele is town
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:17 am

Post by shaft.ed »

CKD wrote:Shafted, you spent most of the day directing everyone to target adele with their powers..you had to figure that one of Yvonne's watches was going to target Adele, the other who knows...that is in your favor..but that really is it. Shafted I would be fucking amazed if you actually voted Adele today...
Actually no that was Yvonne. I spent most of the day lynching Oman (yeah even more town cred there), and trying to diffuse the TSQ ZA spat that I felt was a major distraction. And of anyone here, I think I have given Adele the hardest inspection today. I don't know why you keep saying I am the one that won't be voting her today. Go read today's events again, I am constantly trying to view both choices.
CKD wrote:Any reason you didnt give the "has nothing to do with this game" speech to DGB when she talked about metas?
Because meta's establish a behavioral trend that is relevant to an individual's game play. You're just inciting a pissing match in the GD that is entirely irrelevant to this game. Do we know if you actually give a shit whether or not you are taunted in the GD? You really don't post there that often. Why should you care?
CKD wrote:I am "pandering" to Cicero because I am on the fence about him, especially given DGB's inconsistent play today. If he is town, I need him to think...it is going to take all the town to vote correctly for this lynch.
So your town is Cicero, DGB and CES. This makes no sense as Fonz is already proven not to be aligned with Adele. I suggest you rethink your alignments. From my perspective CES is most likely tied to Adelescum, I'd guess at DGB as the second. Cicero's likely town no matter which way you slice it.

OK, I need to get up the will to do the CKD scum pairing analysis.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:18 am

Post by shaft.ed »

CKD wrote:NOTHING that shafted did should have convinced you that Adele is town....
QFT. Someone seems to be taking the path of least resistance. DGB the only way you know I'm town is if your scum.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:38 am

bold is me
shaft.ed wrote:
CKD wrote:Shafted, you spent most of the day directing everyone to target adele with their powers..you had to figure that one of Yvonne's watches was going to target Adele, the other who knows...that is in your favor..but that really is it. Shafted I would be fucking amazed if you actually voted Adele today...
Actually no that was Yvonne. I spent most of the day lynching Oman (yeah even more town cred there), and trying to diffuse the TSQ ZA spat that I felt was a major distraction.

this is not a true statement shafted, I can find at least 3 posts where you talked about the benefits of targetting Adele N1, do I need to post them so we can dispute?

And of anyone here, I think I have given Adele the hardest inspection today. I don't know why you keep saying I am the one that won't be voting her today. Go read today's events again, I am constantly trying to view both choices.

Yes compared to CES and DGB it does look like you are weighing both sides. However, actions speak louder than words....and if I was a betting man, I think i know what action you will do today....the only thing I dont know is what words you will put with it.

CKD wrote:Any reason you didnt give the "has nothing to do with this game" speech to DGB when she talked about metas?
Because meta's establish a behavioral trend that is relevant to an individual's game play. You're just inciting a pissing match in the GD that is entirely irrelevant to this game. Do we know if you actually give a shit whether or not you are taunted in the GD? You really don't post there that often. Why should you care?

No one likes to be trolled, just because I dont post there often doesnt mean I dont read it.

CKD wrote:I am "pandering" to Cicero because I am on the fence about him, especially given DGB's inconsistent play today. If he is town, I need him to think...it is going to take all the town to vote correctly for this lynch.
So your town is Cicero, DGB and CES. This makes no sense as Fonz is already proven not to be aligned with Adele. I suggest you rethink your alignments. From my perspective CES is most likely tied to Adelescum, I'd guess at DGB as the second. Cicero's likely town no matter which way you slice it.

Today, I never said I thought DGB or Cicero was town (they are the fence, but I am leaning to DGB as scum) I have said I strongly think Fonz and CES are town. Please post where I have said anything differently. I think you are scum shafted, and I have a feeling I know how your CKD scum groups will end.

OK, I need to get up the will to do the CKD scum pairing analysis.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:46 am

This was shafted's conclusion:
shafted wrote:Conclusion, I think this analysis detracts from the idea that Adele is scum.
And yes, I reckon that shafted is the player I trust the most now, and pretty much all game in fact. He doesn't strike me as having an agenda.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:58 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:This was shafted's conclusion:
shafted wrote:Conclusion, I think this analysis detracts from the idea that Adele is scum.
And yes, I reckon that shafted is the player I trust the most now, and pretty much all game in fact. He doesn't strike me as having an agenda.

again, nothing shafted said should have convinced you Adele is town....DGB, question, at what point did you start to think I was scum?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:08 am

Post by shaft.ed »

CKD wrote:this is not a true statement shafted, I can find at least 3 posts where you talked about the benefits of targetting Adele N1, do I need to post them so we can dispute?
This is turning into an argument over the word most. Your initial post said most of the day. I advocated for targeting Adele. I did not spend 'most' of the day doing so.
CKD wrote:Yes compared to CES and DGB it does look like you are weighing both sides. However, actions speak louder than words....and if I was a betting man, I think i know what action you will do today....the only thing I dont know is what words you will put with it.
It might also help that I've been very open about what I'm thinking. You can easily track which way I'm leaning based on my posts. The fact that there are very few possible combinations involving Adele is troubling. But I have yet to do the same analysis on your end. So it's a bit unfair to compare at this point.

CKD wrote:No one likes to be trolled, just because I dont post there often doesnt mean I dont read it.
It's still irrelevant to your win condition.
CKD wrote: Today, I never said I thought DGB or Cicero was town (they are the fence, but I am leaning to DGB as scum) I have said I strongly think Fonz and CES are town. Please post where I have said anything differently. I think you are scum shafted, and I have a feeling I know how your CKD scum groups will end.
I think I misinterpreted this post to mean that you thought Cic and DGB were town:
If that was not your intent then I will adjust accordingly. Though I'd be careful with CES.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:40 am

also shafted, in your break down of the Adele scum teams, you didnt factor in that she claimed after you, so the fact that she said you targetted Yvonne means little... I know you mention the claim might be improvised, but so what? Successful scum advance in that skill. It seems like you are implying that jsut because Adele might have improvised her claim means that those pairs are unlikely...which indeed is not the case.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Seol »

vote count:

adele: 1 (curiouskarmadog)
curiouskarmadog: 1 (adele)

not voting: everyone else

with 7 alive, it is 4 to lynch.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Adele »

Writing as I read...
cicero wrote:No. If you are scum and CKD is town, your move there was to hammer, because you win the game.

But you did not hammer.

So that means if CKD is scum, you ARE scum.
It is NECESSARY to fonz being scum that CKD is scum.
It is NOT NECESSARY to CKD being scum that Fonz is scum, because Fonz-town wouldn't know either way.
cicero wrote:IF CKD is scum Fonz is also scum. Not the inverse. I havent turned my mind to the inverse because we arent (currently) lynching Fonz.
Wrong. I beg of you, go to your nearest uni campus and speak to a professor that teaches critical thinking or logic. You've got it backwards. The possibilities are:

1. CKD scum Fonz scum - this makes sense; he'd not necessarily hammer his buddy
2. CKD scum Fonz town - this makes sense; Fonz as town would be cautious
3. CKD town Fonz town - this makes sense; Fonz as town would be cautious
4. CKD town Fonz scum -
this
doesn't make sense; Fonz as scum would've won the game here
Therefore, you've shown that:
If CKD is town, Fonz must be town
If Fonz is scum, CKD must be scum

And not vice versa.
shafted wrote:The Fonz can only be scum with Adele.
What?? Where did that come from?
shafted wrote:EBWOP: Looks like a lot of us have a case of the whoopsies today. Above should obviously read Fonz CANNOT be scum with Adele.
Oh, ok. heh
CKD wrote: And how have I been damaging adele? By jailing you? I didnt jail you last night and no one targetted you, how am I damaging? How is jailing DGB damaging?
I think you've confused yourself; your fakeclaim this morning was that you jailed CES, not DGB.
CKD wrote:
Adele wrote:If someone besides CKD presents any arguments against me, I'm happy to try to refute them (heck, CKD too, if he promises not to give me 500 essay-length ones; like I say, I have limited time, and I'm really sorry about that,
hey a reason to lurk, you do however have plenty of time to post junk in the GD.
Well, duh. The thing about posting junk is it takes minimal analysis, thought or time, so i can intersperse it with my other online responsibilities.
CKD wrote:WHY ISNT ANYONE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT ADELE’S POSSIBLE SCUM PARTNERS?! ANYONE CURIOUS WHY NO ONE IS BRINGING THAT UP?
Well, we're making discoveries. Like that Fonz surely
isn't
scum with me (unless... does CKD, Fonz and me make sense? Big gambit, and not true, incidentally, but is it hypothetically possible?)
CKD wrote:Adele/Shafted/Cicero…Fonz confirms Cicero N3, so Cicero did not submit the kill last night. Adele watched to see if anyone else targeted Yvonne, shafted submitted the kill. Adele covers shafted by saying he targeted Yvonne...this could work, especially Night one, Cicero could have submitted the kill and claimed to have networked shafted. Cicero could have submitted the kill Night 2, and claimed to have targeted Adele, Adele who had watched (
but failed because I jailed her, could have told Cicero before the day started in a PM that her watched failed
). Also shafted could have submitted the kill N2 but I doubt it. This pairing could really work.
Regarding the bold: No, I couldn't. When I get the information PM from the mod, the night is over. I have
never
deliberately broken any site rules, and would
never
communicate with scumbuddies during a no-contact period. This theory fails because it assumes me to have cheated - and I really hope everyone here knows that I wouldn't do that, as town, or scum, or SK, or flying pumpkin. If the implication you were making here was lost on you, CKD, I apologise, but there are a many things I'd do to win a game of mafia, and cheating is not one of them. And the suggestion otherwise offends me.
CKD wrote:To me the only pairing that really could work (ie makes sense) is Adele/Shafted/Cicero, followed by Adele/DGB/Shafted....and then MAYBE Adele/Shafted/CES
Interesting. I look forward to someone doing this sort of analysis on CKD... but seriously, i'm not the one to do it; you would experience the same sort of pain from my attempting that as we got from the above "If Fonz then CKD" fiasco.

And, no, CKD, it's not appropriate to try to get people to vote a certain way by promising them something after the game ends - regardless of whether that something is money, chocolates, or another stupid thread to clutter the GD up with. knowing how people generally post, though, and trying to read them, is part of the game.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Adele »

ouch. apologies for the wall-o-text
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:03 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Adele wrote:Like that Fonz surely isn't scum with me (unless... does CKD, Fonz and me make sense? Big gambit, and not true, incidentally, but is it hypothetically possible?)
Actually no, in such a situation Fonz has to bus one of the two of you. So he easily could have hammered at that time if he felt like it.
Adele wrote:but there are a many things I'd do to win a game of mafia, and cheating is not one of them.
He's not suggesting you cheated, we just aren't all clear on how the night actions go down. Like before today I didn't realize that the mafia made a kill prior to anyone getting notified of my motivation. And that you only know of you new powers at the opening of the day.

I think I've got the time to do my CKD scum groups today. Will be working on that shortly.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”