Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:47 am

Post by Jex »

Mod
P.S. - My vote is on Jalathas at the moment
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:50 am

Post by The Jester »

Mod: Why do you have me voting The Cat herder? I must have something in both my eyes, I haven't voted anyone.
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by Jennar »

Apologies. Fixed. No idea where I got that from.

-J
[url]http://www.House-Aedroud.com[/url]
Small site with Odd Mafia variants.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by avinashv »

Mod
You have two names yet a vote-count of three on me. Is there another person or should it just be 2?
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:06 am

Post by Jex »

lalalalalala
unvote jalathas, vote Ration
for having not said a word since confirming
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:47 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

This game has died. It read good but we need participation.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by thinktank »

Lets get this baby going. Bandwagon on Avinashv!

vote: Avinashv
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:51 pm

Post by The Jester »

Laptop being repaired, among other things. Won't be here for awhile, not sure how long.

It should be before the deadline though, shouldn't take too long.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:18 am

Post by Jex »

Hmm....well I haven't been in an online game before where there wasn't some random blow up between five people at the beginning of day one, therefore bringing us out of random voting slowly. Seeing as how this game lacks that, I don't really know how to respond in order to move the game forward. In reading through, the only bit of content at all that I see is the over defensiveness of the Jester in response to ashinav and the beginning of a bandwagon on ashinav. I guess what do other's think about these two? It's not much, but lets revive this game.
Deathguise
Deathguise
Townie
Deathguise
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Deathguise »

Well, Jex has summed it up. Overdefensiveness on The Jester's part and bandwagoning on ashinav seem to be the only notable events thus far, and neither of those is overly significant in my opinion. I'd be putting a vote on The Jester possibly, if only to crank up thepressure, but picking on an absentee has no real value to us. For now, @I'll settle for a
FOS: The Jester
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Jennar »

Ration has requested to be replaced.

Justin Playfair replaces Ration. Welcome Justin and thank you for replacing in.

-J
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by thinktank »

Mod, could we please get a prod on some of the players who haven't posted in the last 4-5 days, this game has slowed down quite a bit.
Jennar
Jennar
Goon
Jennar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Jennar »

Cranking up the gas powered cattle prod.

-J
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:35 am

Post by Jex »

Welcome Justin! Hope to hear your incite soon :-)
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Whoa there Jennar!!!!

Don't poke me with that thing! I just posted 2 days ago and it was the weekend.

I honestly don't see anything from the "avinashv vs. The Jester" confrontation. I think it was blown out of proportion and is probably not helpful to the game.
avinashv
avinashv
Goon
avinashv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:04 am

Post by avinashv »

I'm here. Nothing has happened except for thinktank trying to get a bandwagon started on me...
Jalathas
Jalathas
Townie
Jalathas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Jalathas »

Ow!

Sorry, guys. I've been busy, and not much has been happening, so I sorta stopped checking. I'm not quite sure where we go from here. The Jester was the only one who seemed vaguely scummy to me, and he's away for now.
Show
[i]Thus is our treaty written; thus is agreement made.
Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
What was asked is given; the price is paid.[/i]

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:51 am

Post by springlullaby »

Prodded.

I'm up for a bandwagon on either avishnav or Deathguise or Jex.

avishnav for missing the insidiousness of his last post.

Deathguise for the not 'reserving' a vote for the Jester, and putting down a FOS instead.

Jex for pulling the inexperienced player card despite her mafia scum status.

The lack of willingness to bandwagon anyone's ass is appalling.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:52 am

Post by springlullaby »

"avishnav for the insidiousness of his last post"

fixed.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:37 am

Post by thinktank »

Avishanv wagon! gogo!
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:37 am

Post by thinktank »

*Avinashv
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Jex »

springlullaby wrote:
Jex for pulling the inexperienced player card despite her mafia scum status.
Never said I was inexperienced, just said I don't know where to go from here since there is a lack of posting.

OMGUS vote springlullaby for every possibly considering I'm scum. How dare you! :wink:
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:28 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Lack of posting won't resolves itself if all everyone do is to point out the lack of posting :roll: And what with the coward play, if you want to OMGUS vote me do it properly darn it!

Anyway, that's what you get when there are too many poweroles arounds: people want to lurk it and play supersafe.

Dear town poweroles, please rest assured that you are not as nearly as indispensable as you think - with that many blues, we will manage even if you die. If you love your role that much, then play it, don't just avoid dying!

Dear mafia, please lurk away.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Post by springlullaby »

avinashv wrote:The fact that some of the roles aren't guaranteed to be town or not is going to make this crazy.

Vote: the_cat_herder
because I prefer dogs.
Well ok, nothing to say. Dogs are repugnant creatures too but YMMV.
avinashv wrote:Alright, now that everybody has voted for everybody else, how are we proceeding with this?
Very stupid question, if you want to make things happen, make it happen - asking for direction is scummy.
avinashv wrote:
Unvote, FoS: The Jester

Overreacting a bit there...I'm trying to get discussion started. Maybe someone has a day ability; maybe someone has talked to their buddy, I dunno. Your gross overreaction is noted.
Gross overraction? I see no gross overreaction, what I see is an OMGUS FOS. And a pompous tone 'your gross overreaction
is noted
', are you trying to frighten someone?
avinashv wrote:I'm thinking of voting for this "ashinav" fellow too. Can someone point him out?
FTR, I've played a little Mafia off line, but I haven't completed a forum game yet. It is
very
different game. I'm currently in a few other games that are either D1 or D2, and I've run out of attempts to get discussion going. It's either having to deal with idiots who are playing for seemingly only to ruin the game for others or people getting on the defensive and not catching things like retort, sarcasm and tone that admittedly don't translate well into the written word.

The Jester: I was being mildly sarcastic:
of course
not everybody had voted for everybody else, but the sooner the joke votes get over with the sooner D1 can end. Don't patronize me, don't call me a liar, and let this damn thing go.

At least I did get some discussion started.
- Newbie card - hateful, too easy to hide behind.
- So now you were being 'mildly sarcastic'? Why didn't you say in your last post in which you first replied to The Jester?
- Why shouldn't people call you a liar when what you say is not true? If your intent was not to lie, then wouldn't it be more logical to apologize and just say that you didn't get your meaning through? This is a mafia game, it is your responsibility to make yourself clear, we are not supposed to divine everything that is going on in your head.
- Don't want to be patronized? Don't pull the newbie card in the same post.
avinashv wrote:Well, at least you bothered to spell it right.

Mod:
could we get the vote count updated?
What is the meaning of this? Are you objecting to me voting you? If you do why don't you expound further on why you object instead of acting put upon and
being patronizing
?
Acting as if people should know that you are town is scummy.
avinashv wrote:I'm here. Nothing has happened except for thinktank trying to get a bandwagon started on me...
Insidious, insidious, insidious, scum.

[/ooc]
Justin Playfair
Justin Playfair
Goon
Justin Playfair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by Justin Playfair »

Hi, everyone. Glad to be here.

Jalathas, just a couple of questions. About these posts:
Jalathas wrote:You are being a bit defensive, The Jester. It seems kinda like you're trying really, really hard not to offend anyone, which is making you stand out a bit to me.
And,
Jalathas wrote:I suppose what I should have said is that you're playing fairly defensively. Defensive has bad connotatons around here, it seems. Like I said, it seems like you're trying to post without offending anybody. That generally implies you've got something to worry about if you do make a blip on someone's scumdar.
Then,
Jalathas wrote:EBWOP: By the way, when I say offend, what I mean is make someone suspicious.

Here’s my question. The Jester reacted in a very (nearly inexplicably) harsh fashion to Avinashv’s statement about everyone voting and his asking about how to proceed. And whether we go with your first phrase “without offending anybody” or your second, “make someone suspicious”, this seems hardly the way to do so. The Jester’s reaction to Avinashv’s post seemed to almost aim to both offend and arouse suspicion. So can you explain why you believe it was an attempt to do the opposite? Can you also explain how, logistically, it could have accomplished what you said you felt The Jester was trying to do?

This also applies to what may be an attempt on your part to suggest that The Jester’s initial refusal to make a random vote was an attempt not to offend or arouse suspicion. If eleven people are walking in one direction and one is walking in the other the other is more noticeable, I would think. But even if you sincerely believe that The Jester’s refusal to place an initial random vote was an attempt to avoid offending or arousing suspicion, how would that make sense given his immediate attack on Avinashv, which seemed certain to do both?

There is this, after Jex votes you for the admittedly not so great reason of over-explaining what a joke vote is:

You first vote Jex, which seems pretty pure OMGUS to me. You then put this face on it:

Jalathas wrote:Gah! Clicked too soon.

For baiting me to look like a hypocrite.
Could you please explain how what Jex said would make you look like a hypocrite? Pendantic, sure, maybe. But why a hypocrite? And why would you consider this to be scummy, even if this is what he was doing?

Thank you for any answers.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”