Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Mirth »

cicero wrote:Sweet.

Unvote. Vote Haschel
WTH? Why?

Also, Zoneace, that is where you and I differ in opinion. My vote stays for the time being.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by cicero »

I thought you'd never ask! :)
Herschel wrote: Hmm. cicero brought up the idea of a massclaim
Yes!
and after that, he has expressed no opinions of his own about whether or not it is a good idea.
Yes indeedy!
My gut feeling suggests that he's trying to suggest things in a way that allows him to later claim that he was only "starting discussion" if things don't go how he intended.
Your "gut" makes you "suspect" the patently obvious?

My starting a conversation, to you, is a nefarious underhanded attempt to float a mass claim, because I want one, while avoiding responsibility for it? You think I
might
say that?? What the hell else would I say?

Tell me... how was the game going before I suggested talking about a mass claim? You were here, not talking, right?

Who on earth, reading honestly, could think I was doing anything BUT starting a conversation? And staying neutral on it so I didnt kill that conversation myself? That's why people pressured capricious over it and not me.
It's not worth a vote yet, and I need to reread, but right now I think that cicero is a better lynch than Capricious.
But then you don't go ahead with the full vote. The thread is SIX... (6)...SIX!!!! pages long.

A truly epic re-read those 6 whole pages and my, what, 2 posts on the subject.

But instead of doing it, you decided to avoid the obvious and float your own tentative lynch trial balloon in which you are deliberately and wilfully obtuse.

That sir is disingenuity.

And disingenuity gets Cicero votes.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by Capricious »

ZONEACE wrote:It's not an original reason, but Capricious' unwillingness to let the massclaim die is gonna get my vote. The scum have more to gain from it than the town. The possiblility of the scum figuring out the power roles doesn't outeighs the very weak possibillity of catching a scum. 1 scum for several power roles is not a good trade.
You are right, one or two scum for several power roles is not a good trade. But why do seemingly the majority of you think that will happen when we mass name claim?

Can someone please give thoughts on how power roles will be revealed through name claiming? I don't see it AT all. I'm willing to drop it, however, because there is obviously no unanimous support for mass claim.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by cicero »

Capricious, lets say there was a justice league cop, who did investigations, let's call him, saaaaay, a detective. Maybe even the world's greatest detective. What would that detective/cop's name be?

Click this link for a hint
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Capricious wrote:You are right, one or two scum for several power roles is not a good trade. But why do seemingly the majority of you think that will happen when we mass name claim?
Umm, because it wouldn't be THAT hard to do a little bit of research after finding out someone's name to figure out what their possible power is. If you really want to test it, then you name claim and see if we can't come up with your ability.

Can someone please give thoughts on how power roles will be revealed through name claiming?[/quote]

the only way to show you is for someone to reveal their name and ability to show you all it takes is a small amount of thinking.

The last time i was in a justice league game i was batman and I was an Inventor, NOT THAT UNEXPECTED.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Mirth »

Ignoring Cicero's link, Capricious, scum gains more from mass claim than town. It's not just about powerroles. Why do you keep insisting?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

RE POST WITH CORRECT TAGS

Capricious wrote:You are right, one or two scum for several power roles is not a good trade. But why do seemingly the majority of you think that will happen when we mass name claim?
Umm, because it wouldn't be THAT hard to do a little bit of research after finding out someone's name to figure out what their possible power is. If you really want to test it, then you name claim and see if we can't come up with your ability.

Can someone please give thoughts on how power roles will be revealed through name claiming?
the only way to show you is for someone to reveal their name and ability to show you all it takes is a small amount of thinking.

The last time i was in a justice league game i was batman and I was an Inventor, NOT THAT UNEXPECTED
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by cicero »

Mirth, either lighten up or change your name.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Mirth »

cicero wrote:Mirth, either lighten up or change your name.
No can do. If you knew the source, you'd get the name :P (Let's just say I would consider going gay for Edith Wharton were she alive.)
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Mirth wrote: (Let's just say I would consider going gay for Edith Wharton were she alive.)
i could have lived without that visual
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by cicero »

mmm, bit of a chin for my tastes. But you have fun.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by Mirth »

cicero wrote:Image

mmm, bit of a chin for my tastes. But you have fun.
Sadly I'm not into necrophilia. Or women.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by cicero »

It's ok. I'm into 'em enough for all of us.

So back to business. How about that Hershel? Scum, or scum?

Capricious: Scum or misguided townie?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by cicero »

Jeebs. Just to make sure the vote count is right.

Unvote Hershell, whoever that is, VOTE: Haschel... Cedricson
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Mirth »

Hershel= not in this game
Capricious= trying to make me regret my unvote.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by cicero »

Avoiding talking about Haschell. Noted.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by Mirth »

I have no opinion of him. Based on previous experience I'm going to wait until he does something more than quite rightly harass you to form an opinion. And even then I probably would have problems forming one.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by cicero »

Mirth wrote:I have no opinion of him. Based on previous experience I'm going to wait until he does something more than quite rightly harass you to form an opinion. And even then I probably would have problems forming one.
Interesting. Is that what you took from my comment on his post? I'm fairly certain I was a trifle more precise than that. Your comment reads like you read his comment and my vote for him, but not my subsequent reasoning. I dont require you to agree with me. I find it interesting though that you act as though those points don't exist.

Can you expand on your Capricious point as well for me, please? Why did you unvote him exactly and what is making you re-think it?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by Mirth »

I did read your comment. Don't think its necessarily obvious that you're pushing for conversation. Took me a while to figure it out myself (note how I have my vote on you at some point for suggesting mass claim. I am very against claiming unless absolutely necessary). See no problem in him being suspicious of you. He's not voting you so you're overreacting I think. It reeks of OMGUS, anyway.

As for Capricious, I unvoted him because I don't like the idea of L-2 on page 5 with not very much practicle conversation. I'm reconsidering it because he keeps pushing the mass-caim isnt bad and might be good point. See previous comment about how I think claims are bad. (I also think that Zoneace was too hasty with his vote, which might have prompted Capricious, who is already all gungho pro-claiming into actually claiming under threat of lynch, which if he's just a misguided townie, could have been bad.)

And now I'm going to sleep.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by cicero »

Mirth wrote:I did read your comment. Don't think its necessarily obvious that you're pushing for conversation. Took me a while to figure it out myself
:shock:
cicero wrote:OK, we need something to talk about. So here's a big one:

Should we mass claim?
Based on the above quote, I find it hard to believe that you are being truthful and that your vote is an honest vote.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:25 am

Post by Mirth »

Or you know, I voted for you while I was still sort of V/La and kind of distracted and totally missed that part. And mention of mass claim = sets off warning bells.

My vote was an honest vote. And right now it feels like dancing like a spastic monkey.

No response to my opinion that you're being too OMGUSy at Haschel?
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:13 am

Post by Thesp »

ZONEACE wrote:It's not an original reason, but Capricious' unwillingness to let the massclaim die is gonna get my vote. The scum have more to gain from it than the town. The possiblility of the scum figuring out the power roles doesn't outeighs the very weak possibillity of catching a scum. 1 scum for several power roles is not a good trade.
So you think he, as scum, sees someone suggest mass claim, discusses why it's unhelpful, suggests we do it anyway because he doesn't think it hurts town, and does so fairly blatantly? My experience with scum is not consistent with your experience, apparently. I think this is opportunistic rather than genuine.
FOS: ZONEACE.

Re-reading, I like WhoMe? as scum here much more. He seems to say, "Well, the last time it ended badly...but here's how we should do it!" I liked what we had to say about Capricious (even though I disagreed entirely with his conclusion for different reasons), but in the context of his earlier posts, he appears hypocritical in accusing Capricious of being wishy-washy on massclaiming.

I agree with Haschel Cedricson much more than cicero here.

Unvote: actr, Vote: WhoMe?
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Well, I just found out that I was prodded. I have to get to class; I'll post when I come back.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:18 am

Post by ZONEACE »

Thesp wrote: So you think he, as scum, sees someone suggest mass claim, discusses why it's unhelpful, suggests we do it anyway because he doesn't think it hurts town, and does so fairly blatantly? My experience with scum is not consistent with your experience, apparently. I think this is opportunistic rather than genuine.
FOS: ZONEACE.

you don't find his constant harping DESPITE being told ample times (with detailed explanationsas to why) that it was a bad idea as even SLIGHTLY scummy.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”