Mini 563 - Fish Monkey God (ROCKS FALL EVERYONE DIES)

Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Capricious »

roffman wrote:Basically, i'm only revealing this information to get the game going:

I've infiltrated the scum group, wearing a cloak of friendship. That line has lead me to believe that either capricous or ration are scum, based entirely on cloak color.
"cloak of friendship"? does your role explicitly state that people with this cloak color are scum? What about the flavor that all of us are supposed to have different cloak colors? Is the flavor trustworthy?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by armlx »

Capricious wrote: I have privy information that your plan is bad.
:roll:

Thats actually just the same as saying "I'm a townie, so you shouldn't lynch me."
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

@armlx: What does "SK/alt win" mean?

@Capricious:
Capricious wrote: I have privy information that your plan is bad.
Obviously, you'd say that. I think it's quite a bit strange that armlx introduced that option the way he did, but I can see why it would be very informative.
1. You started this whole cloak thing - your lynch could potentially either strip it of or grant it legitimacy.
2. If you're town, that probably means Ration also is, clearing his name.
3. We find out whether armlx is telling the truth or pursuing ulterior motives.
4. In general, lynching anyone would give us something to work with because right now we don't have much.
Why don't you explain why he's wrong?
Capricious wrote: Is the flavor trustworthy?
You
were
the first to suggest revealing cloak colors. Now you're dismissing it? That flip is a bit suspicious to me. I mean, you could have suggested revealing cloak colors so that we would think you were really pro-town and not suspect you, and then knowing that your cloak color is indicative of scum, dismiss cloak colors later.
FOS: Capricious
Show
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by
madness, starving hysterical naked...

--

Town: 0-0
Scum: 1-0
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by armlx »

SK / alt win means anyone who doesn't win with the town or mafia, most typically a serial killer (basically a 1 man mafia).

BTW, telling the truth about what? What comment have I made where theres a true/false side to it?

Good catch on the "is the flavor trustworthy thing".
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by Capricious »

I started the cloak color claiming more as a thing to do, to get people active, not believing that it would solve our scum problem, as I had previously explained. Any scum catching mass cloak color claiming could do would be a bonus.

I ask if the flavor is trustworthy because it is logical to believe so when we have what, 4 people claiming the same color when the mod has explicitly stated that we should all be wearing different colored cloaks.

In spite of this, I believe roffman is town, as scum have no incentive to put themselves into the fray like this, and I highly doubt that scum received a pm regarding what power role correlates to which cloak colors.

I will repeat that there are too many lurkers here. Anybody can come off as scummy as long as they are posting. I want more people to post so we can have a larger pool of potential scum to choose from.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Capricious »

Don't exclude the possibility that roffman is mistaken in his info.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by armlx »

Capricious wrote:I started the cloak color claiming more as a thing to do, to get people active,
Wait a minute, you started a mass info dump without a major reason to do so?

Vote stands.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by Capricious »

armlx wrote:
Capricious wrote:I started the cloak color claiming more as a thing to do, to get people active,
Wait a minute, you started a mass info dump without a major reason to do so?

Vote stands.
There is no reason to believe that scum benefited more from the mass claim than us.
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

@armlx: When I said find out whether you were telling the truth - I guess I more precisely meant whether you genuinely thought it'd be good for town to lynch Capricious or whether you wanted to do so so that you could get rid of him.

Also (and I think I accidentally lumped you and roffman in together somehow), we can find out whether roffman is telling the truth. If Capricious came out town, we could probably safely assume roffman was lying and likely to be scum.

@Capricious: I've thought the logic through. Discussing cloak color polarized us into focusing in on cloak color - maybe this is convenient for some players. Because you started that whole modality, I see this as a clear possibility. And now you dismiss cloak colors after roffman gives his claim - when it was getting into uncomfortable territory for you, perhaps. And you don't say roffman is "lying" - you say he could be "mistaken." I wonder why - trying to stay on his good side?

I agree with you as far as lurkers are concerned.

As for the technicality of "different" cloak colors, I'm wondering different to what extent. Because if one's indigo and one's indigo with a stripe, they're technically different, right? And different colors because one has a darker stripe. Since we can't see one another's images, I don't think we can draw the distinction.
Show

--

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by armlx »

Capricious: Scum almost ALWAYS benefit from a D1 mass claim of any variety in a non-broken set up.
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

I can see how that would be true, arm1x, but can you explain why exactly.

Is it because they could potentially figure out key power roles that way and kill those instead of just vanilla townies? Or did you mean something else?
Show

--

Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by Capricious »

I say roffman is mistaken, not lying, and town, not scum, because that-is what I believe. I am not attempting to get on anybody's good side, and never will in a game of mafia, except when perhaps I am scum.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Capricious »

QuantumFruit wrote: Also (and I think I accidentally lumped you and roffman in together somehow), we can find out whether roffman is telling the truth. If Capricious came out town, we could probably safely assume roffman was lying and likely to be scum.
No! This is one of the primary reasons lynching me is bad-I will be revealed as town, and what then? roffman is still likely town based on his aggressiveness even after I am revealed as town. Lynching me will not create more information than lynching our other candidates.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by Capricious »

armlx wrote:Capricious: Scum almost ALWAYS benefit from a D1 mass claim of any variety in a non-broken set up.
The mod told us to "make of it what you will", I read that as partial instruction.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by armlx »

QuantumFruit wrote:I can see how that would be true, arm1x, but can you explain why exactly.

Is it because they could potentially figure out key power roles that way and kill those instead of just vanilla townies? Or did you mean something else?
Yeah. As town, we don't know what info is true or not, but as scum they can assume the other info is true, therefore their "lynch" is going to have even more of an advantage on ours.

(Thats basically saying they can target power roles easier)

Capricious, lynching you gives potential info on the "indigo" cloaks, confirmation or disproof of roffman's info, info about Ration who has been backing your actions, etc.

BTW, how can Roffman be "mistaken" about his info? It looks pretty clear cut to me.
Capricious
Capricious
Goon
Capricious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Capricious »

Your first reason for lynching me is iffy: because there already has been a discrepancy between what we think is true and what we were told by the mod, we cannot assume anything about indigo cloaks.

2: can be achieved through lynching one of the other indigos, might be achieved in near future through unforeseen events. And of course, I still believe that us indigos actually have different colors.

3: Do you expect to figure out if Ration was scum backing town or town backing town by lynching me?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by armlx »

Actually, my first reasons for lynching you aren't those. Its that a town member has come forth with information incriminating you, and that you started a massive information dump without a role based reason.

The fact your lynch provides infinite info, especially in the likely case you are scum, is just handy bonus.

Mod lie? Where? Quote please. People keep citing this 1 of each color thing, and I haven't seen it in the rules at all.

As for point 2, you are saying "You can lynch someone else under the same circumstances who is less scummy and get less info or wait for one of us to die at night, except the scum prolly wont kill us as we are scum or people scum can hide around".

As for 3, Ration is much more likely to be scum if you are.
QuantumFruit
QuantumFruit
Goon
QuantumFruit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:36 pm

Post by QuantumFruit »

@Capricious: You say you wouldn't try to get on anyone's good side in a game of mafia unless you were scum - but that's what I'm suggesting, silly!

Exactly, we can't assume anything about indigo cloaks. If we lynched you and found out something direct about indigo cloaks, this would perhaps cease to be an issue.

Roffman is either lying or telling the truth. He can't be mistaken that he's a scum infiltrator. If he is mistaken, he can PM the mod and clarify. On the other hand, he could be mistaken that a purple cloak amounts to scum. He could have a purple cloak because he is a good guy and supportive of the good guys by infiltrating mafia. That's another thing we are not sure of.

@armlx: I agree with you on point 3. We have to figure out, though, whether roffman's cloak color would correspond with the good guys or the bad guys if he's infiltrating the bad guys. Because that could be interpreted either way. Lynching one of the indigos would help with that.

Also, the quote. I looked for it too, and I found it - it's in Post 2.
xyzzy wrote: As the beams of light reappear, twelve people materialize on the ground, wearing unusual, different clothing; each one wears a different cloak, each a different color.
I don't know where the mod told us to "make of it what you will," though. That Capricious will have to find.
Show

--

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by armlx »

Yeah, Caps defenses so far have amused me. Its the old "I'm not scum cuz I'm town, the mod told information from someones role must be wrong".

Theres a reason no one lynches the cop.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by Occult »

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=18812

Just getting post for each page out of the way.

/fish monkey god
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:46 am

Post by roffman »

Capricious wrote:
roffman wrote:Basically, i'm only revealing this information to get the game going:

I've infiltrated the scum group, wearing a cloak of friendship. That line has lead me to believe that either capricous or ration are scum, based entirely on cloak color.
"cloak of friendship"? does your role explicitly state that people with this cloak color are scum? What about the flavor that all of us are supposed to have different cloak colors? Is the flavor trustworthy?
Not explicitly, but it gives me enough information for me to highly suspect that scum are somehow defined by their cloak color. ATM, i'm happy to vote for either capricious, both for being the first indigo claim and starting the whole cloak thing, and ration, for also claiming indigo or lying about it.

If anyone has anything to offer in defense of either of them, i'd be more than happy to accept it, seeing as how my accusations are based on strong circumstantial evidence.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Ration
Ration
Goon
Ration
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Ration »

You have your info wrong, I was the first to claim a cloak color.
HAPPY 420!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Occult wrote:MOD EDITED OUT - SOMEONE MIGHT ACTUALLY CLICK ON THAT LINK

Just getting post for each page out of the way.

/fish monkey god
dude that's sick. Don't bring links like that in front of the Fish Monkey God

Disclaimer: Clicking links found in this post (thanks to Occult) may lead to inappropriate material. Click at your own risk (or just don't click, preferrably).

Mod Edit: Removed a link that someone invariably would've gone to had it been left up
Permanent V/LA.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:42 am

Post by armlx »

1) Derailing discussion is scummy.

2) The NPC's and mod are spamming.

3) Spam derails discussion.

Therefore:

The mod and NPC's are scum and should be lynched.

Nothing new to say game wise. I could be like BabyJ (or was it Fritz? Rosso?).

Why isn't Capricious dead yet?
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:56 am

Post by andersonw »

FoS:Ration
. It's not just how your cloak color is indigo, but I don't really like how your posts give me a sense that you were proud to claim your color first, and how you keep bringing it up that you were first to claim your color. You were also pretty eager to get people to claim what their colors were.

I'll
Vote:Capricious
now. Like armlx said, if we lynch him and he turns up scum, Ration will be pretty much confirmed scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”