PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:30 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

*looks PJ in the eyes*

"I am town"
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:32 pm

battlemage scum too btw
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:16 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

I hope you know that if you're lying to me, Pooks, my heart will be broken; crushed like a Fabergé egg under a steel-toed boot... :cry:
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:55 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:battlemage scum too btw
Why, seriously, I've never seen BM make such a positive, and common sense contribution.
Beep! Beep!
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:57 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Battle Mage wrote:who did Farside claim to target last night?
farside claimed to protect me because i'm a less likely target. Something like that.
Beep! Beep!
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Beep! Beep!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:57 am

Post by Beep! Beep! »

petroleumjelly wrote:I hope you know that if you're lying to me, Pooks, my heart will be broken; crushed like a Fabergé egg under a steel-toed boot... :cry:
If that's your litmus test for finding scum, you've lost the right to make fun of my scum scores.

:wink:
Beep! Beep!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:24 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

petroleumjelly wrote:The reason I did it that way, CKD, was so that I could send in my own private PM to Thesp asking that precise question and to see if Farside22 claimed something contrary to the result I received. Additionally, Thesp never answered my question of whether a Sane Cop would receive a guilty result on a Jester when I asked it in-thread.
damn, sorry, My line of thinking was if you think he is scum, why are you relying on him to provide the information from the Mod...I guess there was a reason that didnt make sense.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:11 am

Post by farside22 »

petroleumjelly wrote: That said, I will need to mull over Farside22. I do not particularly like the way she has chosen to play; no matter how bad you think claiming might be, if you are going to claim you're better off playing it straight. If you actually
are
a Quack Doctor and had been lynched yesterday without having claimed your Quack Doctor status (i.e. you would show up as a simple Doctor) with your real targets, the town would be forced to play the rest of the game under the assumption that
somebody
had to have killed mith and Sarcastro, which would effect every decision the town made from that point on.
You don't have to believe me, but if I was about to be lynched yesterday and I felt for sure I was in danger of lynch I would have told the truth before the lynch about Mith. Like today I think I'm going to be lynched no matter what I say so I'm giving you the facts before the lynch.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:19 am

Post by farside22 »

@mathcam: My lynch today is inevitable with the WIFOM comments made. I just didn't see the confusion people had day one with 2 deaths since a serial killer would be common to me. But with 3 people dead and PJ mentioning a possible 2nd group I felt the information necessary before I'm lynched. Not one person is listen to me and calling every comment I make scummie. I'm tired of fighting a WIFOM battle.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

RossWilliam wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:who did Farside claim to target last night?
farside claimed to protect me because i'm a less likely target. Something like that.
No, I believe farside lied about targeting you. He said he protected Sarcastro.
Permanent V/LA.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:09 am

Post by Battle Mage »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:battlemage scum too btw
lawl. I look forward to hearing this.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:15 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

well, now I dont know where I stand on Farside....the fact that he lied about his targets and is now suggesting that he is a Quack Doc is weighing...is he at -2 or -1?...

think I need to see a
vote count.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

so Farside claimed to target Mith on the first night, and Sarc on the second?

im not buying it.

Unvote, Vote: Farside

If for some reason he comes up town, and i die tonight, lynch PJ tomorrow.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:46 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

^

Mind going into detail about that? Your play has been confusing me in general. I will give a list of things off the top of my head (without even isolating your posts) to show this.

1.)
Just recently, you made a list of seven players that could be scum, none of which included me.

2.)
You have claimed that active players (like yourself) who make themselves a 'center of attention' are not likely to be scum. You then fail to apply this reasoning to people other than yourself.

3.)
You start the game being suspicious of myself (along with mith, but not Pooky for some reason) for arguing that the jester should claim Day One. Later you realize you were in the wrong, and you do not reference me as being suspicious for arguing pro-jester-claim again.

You then don't comment on me for a while that I can recall, excepting to say you often confuse Pooky and myself, and that I am a "law unto myself". You "mFoS" me for suggesting we lynch as if there is a not a Jester -- but
again you do not mFoS Pooky about this even though I was in agreement with Pooky

That's at least twice you have applied something against
me
but not Pooky. Why? You seem to have a very large blind spot when it comes to Pooky this game. You even give Pooky "townie points" for saying that an acronym means "Appeal to Emotion", which is completely out of place.

Later, you say that somebody (don't recall who you were talking to, probably alky or Sarcastro) "isn't as fishy as PJ" and that you have "uneasy" vibes about me, which comes completely out of nowhere. You have not substantiated how I am fishy to
begin
with, or
why
you claim to be "uneasy" about me.

4.)
Your last post doesn't even seem to contain a logical connector. Basically, it boils down to "If PJ is right about Farside22 being a Quack Doctor, you should lynch him if I die overnight".
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:41 am

Post by RossWilliam »

I'm kind of inclined to believe farside. Remember how half assed her defenses were when asked why she defended me? And we all thought she was lying? Well, it seems she was, but ultimately that doesn't make her scum. All I'm debating between now is whether or not we should Lynch all Liars or not, but my gut feeling is telling me no. I'm wavering though. Vote count would help.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

petroleumjelly wrote:^

Mind going into detail about that? Your play has been confusing me in general. I will give a list of things off the top of my head (without even isolating your posts) to show this.

1.)
Just recently, you made a list of seven players that could be scum, none of which included me.
Why would that be wholly surprising?
PJ wrote:
2.)
You have claimed that active players (like yourself) who make themselves a 'center of attention' are not likely to be scum. You then fail to apply this reasoning to people other than yourself.
Dont misinterpret me. It is only when a player acts in a conciously controversial way that it is less likely that they are scum. Just posting frequently is not enough. If you want to give an example of me failing to apply this logic to my suspicions, please be my guest.
PJ wrote:
3.)
You start the game being suspicious of myself (along with mith, but not Pooky for some reason) for arguing that the jester should claim Day One. Later you realize you were in the wrong, and you do not reference me as being suspicious for arguing pro-jester-claim again.

You then don't comment on me for a while that I can recall, excepting to say you often confuse Pooky and myself, and that I am a "law unto myself". You "mFoS" me for suggesting we lynch as if there is a not a Jester -- but
again you do not mFoS Pooky about this even though I was in agreement with Pooky

That's at least twice you have applied something against
me
but not Pooky. Why? You seem to have a very large blind spot when it comes to Pooky this game. You even give Pooky "townie points" for saying that an acronym means "Appeal to Emotion", which is completely out of place.
ROFL. So your case is that i'm buddying upto Pooky? Or does poor ickle PJ feel left out of the townie points stakes? :lol:

Guess what dude- try reading the aspects of the game that dont apply to yourself. Earlier on I explained that my meta of Pooky, though limited, would suggest that he could be scum here. Later i attacked him strongly over his claim, subsequent disappearing act, and mysterious withdrawal. I also listed him as one of my top 7 suspects. So yeah, i guess i just have a soft spot for the poor fella. :roll:
PJ wrote: Later, you say that somebody (don't recall who you were talking to, probably alky or Sarcastro) "isn't as fishy as PJ" and that you have "uneasy" vibes about me, which comes completely out of nowhere.
I highly doubt i was comparing you to either Al Ko or Sarc, as they were as sketchy as f**k! It was more likely Mith or MeMe if my memory is any good. If it makes you feel any better, i'll reread you in a bit. Uneasy vibes does not necessarily mean 'outright scummy play'. It just means something about you seems wrong, and whilst it is hard to explain, its a good idea to note it down anyway.
PJ wrote:
4.)
Your last post doesn't even seem to contain a logical connector. Basically, it boils down to "If PJ is right about Farside22 being a Quack Doctor, you should lynch him if I die overnight".
Well done. Townie points for reading comprehension. The way i see it, Farside is an easy wagon at the moment. Regardless of his affiliation, he is very likely to get lynched today. I think he is probably scum, BUT if he isnt, i have to think, how would the real scum behave in response to his wagon. And my answer is: they would oppose it, to distance from the mislynch. I should note that regardless of his affiliation, im not buying the Quack Doctor argument.
I could be wrong, but it seems like his claim has been fabricated in order to support this point. Im not sure if this could be a motive for changing his claim, but its possible. My opinion is, if Farside turns out to be town, you are scum, who tried to use the only argument he could think of to distance himself from a protown lynch.

I hope this clears some issues up.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:32 am

Post by farside22 »

BUT if he isnt, i have to think, how would the real scum behave in response to his wagon. And my answer is: they would oppose it, to distance from the mislynch. I should note that regardless of his affiliation, im not buying the Quack Doctor argument.
I disagree the case on me orginally started with WIFOM logic which scum can use and people just follow. Those opposing it after my comment after voting for me based on the WIFOM may look scummie if the lynch is inevitable as far as I know PJ is still voting on me, but not sure since I haven't seen a vote count in a bit. Telling people to look at PJ after your death is just giving scum an opportunity to not only killing you, but letting PJ get easy lynched for the next day which is stupid if you are town.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

farside22 wrote:
BUT if he isnt, i have to think, how would the real scum behave in response to his wagon. And my answer is: they would oppose it, to distance from the mislynch. I should note that regardless of his affiliation, im not buying the Quack Doctor argument.
I disagree the case on me orginally started with WIFOM logic which scum can use and people just follow. Those opposing it after my comment after voting for me based on the WIFOM may look scummie if the lynch is inevitable as far as I know PJ is still voting on me, but not sure since I haven't seen a vote count in a bit. Telling people to look at PJ after your death is just giving scum an opportunity to not only killing you, but letting PJ get easy lynched for the next day which is stupid if you are town.
thats on the grounds that PJ is scum. Of course it'll all be WIFOM tomorrow either way. I'm just making it clear that his stance is pinging my scumdar.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:52 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

*rubs temples*

1.)
I find it "surprising" because you just recently listed your top seven 'suspects' -- none of which included me -- and now you are suggesting I be lynched tomorrow if Farside22 turns up scum and you die overnight. It seems to me like I've just bypassed at least six people on your list without explanation.

2.)
I don't care one iota about getting 'town points' from you. I do care that you appear to be treating Pooky as if he were on unequal ground from the other players. Both Pooky and I suggest lynching as if there is no jester; you only FoS me. The three most vocal players for the Jester-Claim-On-Day-One Plan was mith, Pooky, and myself; yet the only people you claim suspicion on in this matter was mith and myself. In other words, you are not applying the same criteria to Pooky as you have been applying to other players.

The fact that you included Pooky in your "list of seven" is not really that relevant to me. What is relevant is that you have avoided FoSing him or voting, while doing the same to those players who say the same statements as he does.

3.)
By all means do a reread on me.

4.)
If Farside22 is lynched today and she comes up town, then
unless somebody happens to claim both the mith kill and the Sarcastro kill
, I will definitely be playing under the assumption that she was indeed a Quack Doctor. And if that is the case, then regardless of whether or not you 'buy' it I will have been
correct
. I've already explained my reasoning for thinking a Quack Doctor is likely to be occurring in this game.

There is a lack of scum groups displayed in the first post (for Werewolves, Serial Killer, and Cult leader) and the extra kill last night probably came from a Vigilante going after scum or the Jester; the Vigilante probably did not kill on Night One. Thesp has a penchant for messing with sanities, and the Quack game was very memorable from Thespival. The biggest confusing issue
to me
was that I had to assume Farside22 was
not
a Quack Doctor based on her claimed night-choices; I was instead considering the possibilities of there being a
separate
Doctor who was a Quack. Since Monkey had been lynched yesterday, however, the third kill last night was especially puzzling to me.

Additionally, why are you now applying this theory to only the Farside22 lynch (if it occurs), while not the Greasy Spot lynch or the Monkey lynch? Believe it or not,
if a townsperson believes somebody who is town is on the path to being lynched, they are going to object against it

Simply because something
might
be a scum strategy does not discount it from being something a townsperson would also do. Additionally, you are giving those people who have been hopping on Farside22 an extremely easy pass; your last post is in fact almost
inviting
them to lynch Farside22 because at least from your perspective, the person who will look worst if she turns up town will be the person giving reasons
against
the lynch.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:53 am

that's some sick guilt tripping PJ.

why haven't you promised me anything ?

*taps foot*
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:54 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Should clearly read "if Farside22 turns up town".
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:59 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:that's some sick guilt tripping PJ.

why haven't you promised me anything ?

*taps foot*
1.)
Cute answer: Because you have not asked.

2.)
Serious answer: I have already explained to you that I will not be making "PJ Promises" any longer. In case you have forgotten -- and I assure you that
I
have not -- I received quite a bit of flak in "The Promise" thread.

3.)
Also serious answer: Even if I were not to make an explicit "PJ Promise", I have already explained to you that I am going to refrain from promising my alignment being town with you asking, particularly because I know doing so when I am actually town will
harm
me in other games where I am scum and unwilling to make the promise. It's an issue of practicality concerning the metagame on me.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

petroleumjelly wrote:*rubs temples*
ROFL. Must...resist...urge to...SIG!
PJ wrote:
1.)
I find it "surprising" because you just recently listed your top seven 'suspects' -- none of which included me -- and now you are suggesting I be lynched tomorrow if Farside22 turns up scum and you die overnight. It seems to me like I've just bypassed at least six people on your list without explanation.
Chillax. I made that statement more as a representation of my suspicion of you, and the grounds on which i would consider you scummy for it, as opposed to actually saying you were the scummiest player in the game.
PJ wrote:
2.)
I don't care one iota about getting 'town points' from you. I do care that you appear to be treating Pooky as if he were on unequal ground from the other players. Both Pooky and I suggest lynching as if there is no jester; you only FoS me. The three most vocal players for the Jester-Claim-On-Day-One Plan was mith, Pooky, and myself; yet the only people you claim suspicion on in this matter was mith and myself. In other words, you are not applying the same criteria to Pooky as you have been applying to other players.
Lol, stop it man. You're gonna give yourself a complex. Listen to me, ok.
I DO NOT LIKE POOKY MORE THAN YOU. YOU'LL ALWAYS BE MY FAVOURITE SCUMMER.
rinse, repeat and relax.

Seriously though, maybe i missed the fact that Pooky said similar things. I call it as i see it, and its quite possible that i dont see everything. Either way, im not quite sure im seeing what point you are trying to make here. Other than the ridiculous accusation that i am buddying up to Pooky, i cant see a reasonable conclusion to your suggestion.
PJ wrote: The fact that you included Pooky in your "list of seven" is not really that relevant to me. What is relevant is that you have avoided FoSing him or voting, while doing the same to those players who say the same statements as he does.
Ok Poirot, thats your analysis. Now evaluate based on what you have discovered.
PJ wrote:
4.)
If Farside22 is lynched today and she comes up town, then
unless somebody happens to claim both the mith kill and the Sarcastro kill
, I will definitely be playing under the assumption that she was indeed a Quack Doctor.
Umm with all due respect, what in the hell are you talking about!? :shock:
If Farside dies and comes up town, guess what? We will be TOLD whether or not he was quack doctor or a normal doctor. No need for silly assumptions.
PJ wrote: And if that is the case, then regardless of whether or not you 'buy' it I will have been
correct
. I've already explained my reasoning for thinking a Quack Doctor is likely to be occurring in this game.
If that happens, i will officially give you a cookie. And then lynch you. :D

PJ wrote:Additionally, why are you now applying this theory to only the Farside22 lynch (if it occurs), while not the Greasy Spot lynch or the Monkey lynch? Believe it or not,
if a townsperson believes somebody who is town is on the path to being lynched, they are going to object against it
Most probably because the Farside wagon is slightly different, in that i feel it is just waiting to be completed, and scum have plenty of time to hop off, and even subtly fight it.
PJ wrote: Simply because something
might
be a scum strategy does not discount it from being something a townsperson would also do. Additionally, you are giving those people who have been hopping on Farside22 an extremely easy pass; your last post is in fact almost
inviting
them to lynch Farside22 because at least from your perspective, the person who will look worst if she turns up town will be the person giving reasons
against
the lynch.
True enough, but i go with my gut. If you seriously think the mafia are going to go by what i tell them is scummy, and what isnt, you have another thing coming. Of course, its possible that theyve been fighting for a Farside lynch all along, but it seems unlikely gambit, which would draw them into the open unnecessarily.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:20 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

There are only two things I feel need addressing in that last post.

1.)
Thesp will probably
not
tell us if a Farside22 were a Quack Doctor. We were not told this information in the Quack game at Thespival, if I recall correctly.

2.)
Battle Mage wrote:If that happens, i will officially give you a cookie. And then lynch you.
Just thought I'd warn you that you will not be lynching me because I will not allow that to happen. FYI. Feel free to give it the ol' college try, though.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:24 am

Post by farside22 »

@PJ: Now you understand a bit why I just threw up my hands based on some people logic that is just full of crap?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”