Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Okay, I missed that Vollkan replaced Quagmire.

In your reread, Vollkan, can you give your opinion on the timing and reasoning behind Quagmire's "no role PM" reading claim?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by vollkan »

Bookitty wrote: In your reread, Vollkan, can you give your opinion on the timing and reasoning behind Quagmire's "no role PM" reading claim?
I've seen this attitude from Quagmire in the MD threads...he's somewhat notorious for it. I don't know what to make of the timing of him saying it, but my best guess is that he thought it would be a "clever" way to take a swipe at Panzer (who had accused him) and TS who had called for Quag's vigging. I mean, by declaring that he hadn't read the PM, he basically cut down the very minor suspicions expressed of him. I find Quagmire's play in doing so absolutely atrocious and, as I said, my proverbial hat goes off to the people that voted Quagmire for refusing to play the game properly.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

vollkan wrote:my proverbial hat goes off to the people that voted Quagmire for refusing to play the game properly.
Thanks man. Sorry for lynching you btw. My bad.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by vollkan »

:D No problem. I was vindicated in the end; that's all that matters.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:29 pm

Yeah I got carried away...I feel like an asshole. Glad to have you here, bro.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by IH »

Huh I could have sword TS had voted more than twice today.

Meh, still
TS wrote:Look at what's happening... people are being jumped on for putting in a vote #1, people are being jumped on for even considering putting a vote #2!!! How on earth are we going to lynch anyone? I hope this day 2 isn't day 1 all over again. Let's COLLABORATE, GET OUR ACT TOGETHER and GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD, please!
This didn't happen
TS wrote:Yeah, and who is making cases right now? Panzer who just flaked? ABR who decided for unfathomable reasons that Erg0 is scum??? Zu_faul, who is, in my book, potential scum and is voting for me anyway? Who? Show me some good cases. ABR who is asking OTHER FREAKIN PEOPLE to make his cases??????? My case on Quag is a total waste of time. I wasted 55 pages on Day 1, can you imagine my frustration? Nobody wants to lynch anyone.
So how does this excuse you from not making a case yourself? Or even another case? Instead of counting those 55 pages as "wasted" you could try reading some more of them, you know. If you're town I'd at least think you'd try to analyze some wagons or try and see who was just voting MoS.

I haven't gone through the whole thread myself, but I'm not calling 55 pages wasted, and complaining about the lack of activity. There WAS legitimate discussion, and you could always, you know, ANSWER MY QUESTIONS I ASKED, instead of getting overdefensive.
TS wrote:Right, I'm not discussing enough? I haven't posted enough in this game??? Something the town hasn't done yet??? Were you there yesterday??? Argh!
How about today. With most of the major suspects gone, complaining doesn't get discussion going.
Boo wrote:I'm curious to know what people think of Quagmire now. If I were a big believer in nightkill speculation (I'm not usually, but I don't have much to go on in this game otherwise) I would be voting hasdgfas, because the people who were nightkilled were to greater or lesser degrees supporters of Quagmire during the recent day.
Meh, this is a very subtle statement, and I don't really like it. It's like you're trying to say something, but not exactly come out with it. Kind of planting the idea.
IGMEOY

I think Quag/Volkan (who I didn't know had replaced untiL I saw Bookie's last post) is neutral to me, because I don't think Quag was acting off of his alignment when he posted, but more out of apathy than anything. So, IMO, any statements he made are pretty null.

I'm keeping my vote on TS, because while her vote did not move as much as I had thought, her suspicions are all over the place, she's agreeing with seemingly random statements.

Example:Bookie says she'd prefer a Panzer or Cow lynch. She asks which one (after posting she was certain Quag was scum), and Bookie responds with a vote on Panzer. TS responds by moving her vote to Panzer.

Example B:Post 1503, BM posts he doesn't like my last few posts, votes me.

TS says BM (BM!) has a point about me, and she could see her voting for me.

I feel like she's either A.Hiding from commiting to to much (other than something about Quag/Volkan) or B.attempting to buddy up maybe.

NOTE:This isn't really all that strong, but I find it's stronger than it's to much I've seen today, and I'm going to trust my hunch, since I didn't trust it as well last game and lost because of it.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by Bookitty »

IH wrote:Example:Bookie says she'd prefer a Panzer or Cow lynch. She asks which one (after posting she was certain Quag was scum), and Bookie responds with a vote on Panzer. TS responds by moving her vote to Panzer.
When exactly are you saying this happened? Because I never voted for Panzerjager.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by IH »

Setael, not Bookie.

Dangit.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by vollkan »

More reread

Page 21

A Quagmire vote from Peers. ^5 to Albert for: "I feel as if Quag should take mafia lessons from BM" True to form, Quag digs his feet in on this. Interesting that hasd defends this behaviour. Quag gets put to L-1 and demanded to claim. Quag claims town and promises a "Why TS is scum"

Page 22

Yosarian unvotes and votes MoS to return to scumhunting. Quag makes an interesting attack on TS, showing that she is pushing conspiracies and policy lynches. Albert is being too insistent on the lynching, given that Quag did read his role PM. I find myself in agreement with Erg0 - What Quag did was dreadful, but lynching Howehim for it at this point (after he declared his alignment) is just a pointless policy lynch (if Quag had refused to declare alignment, it wouldn't be so pointless imo).

Page 23

Sikario seems to be equating "Quag not claiming his
role
" with "Quag not reading his role PM" and pushes Quag's lynch for what amounts to the policy reason that his behaviour was anti-town.

Page 24

Albert calls for hammer. MoS puts it well: "I'd rather lynch someone who is scum than someone who is useless for Day 1" The pushing for a quag lynch continues from Peers and Sikario.

Page 25

Hasdfags makes a really dodgy FoS on Sikario for allegedly setting up lynches when in fact, as Albert notes, the set-up was only for the scenario where Quagmire came up scum - making it not so simple as hasd is implying. However, hasd does have a point that it was still setting a chain-lynch and, therefore, something to be discouraged.

Page 26

Sikario casts a vote for Albert and Albert says "Yeah". This is leapt upon by Sikario , BM, and panzer - I can't believe they really took that seriously. Zu pops up again, this time to defuse the Albert wagon.

Page 27

Basically nothing. Hasd casts a vote for TS at the end, which he only justifies by the fact that consensus is swaying that way.

Page 28

Zu advocates kscope for a lurker lynch - Oh the irony! TS ends her playing. I actually agree with Jordan about the scumminess of hasdfasd.

Page 29

BM calls Quagmire a fucktard and earns a ^5 from me. Kscope pushes a policy lynch on MoS, as Yosarian says this is ignoring that he did have a legit case. TS observes that Yos is doing a lot of defending. Albert says this is Yosarian's style. Even if it wasn't, the crappiness of the attacks in this game would warrant his level of defending.

Page 30

TS keeps pushing this line against assuming that Quag
didn't
read his role PM and drawing theories about Yosarian. Hasd responds to TS - basically admits that he was voting along with crowd. Lengthy discussion between Yos and TS. Hasd votes Peers at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hasd stands out to me from these pages, primarily because he is explicitly just folding with consensus. Also, zu is beginning to concern me - I am surprised someone has been allowed to actively lurk for 30 pages and come under no pressure.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Toaster Strudel »

vollkan wrote:What Quag did was dreadful, but lynching Howehim for it at this point (after he declared his alignment) is just a pointless policy lynch (if Quag had refused to declare alignment, it wouldn't be so pointless imo).
Hahahaha.

I just have to point this out because it's so funny.

Are you saying that Quagmire needed to declare his alignment, as in "I'm town!" or "I'm scum!"?

Pretty self-evident that regardless of his ACTUAL alignment, his declaration would be "I'm town!"

Why would he have refused to "claim his alignment" when the only viable option is "town?"
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:14 pm

IH wrote:So how does this excuse you from not making a case yourself? Or even another case?
I think I've made more cases, and longer cases, than anyone in this game. What game are you playing, IH? What planet are you from? You're accusing me of HIDING from COMMITTING TOO MUCH?????? Argh! Argh! Who is more IN YOUR FACE COMMITTING than me??? Nobody, that's who.

unvote
yeah Bookitty you're right.

Question is, is IH scum, or is he town out to lunch?
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:16 pm

vollkan wrote:Also, zu is beginning to concern me - I am surprised someone has been allowed to actively lurk for 30 pages and come under no pressure.
Absolutely, I am glad you've seen this, too. Zu_Faul pinged by scumdar, and I think ABR's (or someone else?) but that's it.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by vollkan »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
vollkan wrote:What Quag did was dreadful, but lynching Howehim for it at this point (after he declared his alignment) is just a pointless policy lynch (if Quag had refused to declare alignment, it wouldn't be so pointless imo).
Hahahaha.

I just have to point this out because it's so funny.

Are you saying that Quagmire needed to declare his alignment, as in "I'm town!" or "I'm scum!"?

Pretty self-evident that regardless of his ACTUAL alignment, his declaration would be "I'm town!"

Why would he have refused to "claim his alignment" when the only viable option is "town?"
:D Heh. That does look pretty funny.

What I meant was that he moved from "I haven't read my role PM. Screw you all" to "I'm town."

I don't expect the content of the declaration ("I am town") to be believed. However, the fact that Quag gave a declaration took the wind out of the main (and totally justified) charge against him - that he was playing with a declaration of "alignment unknown".
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:00 am

Post by IH »

Today TS, Today.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Toaster Strudel wrote: BM, why do you say I was tagging along for the bandwagon? There was no bandwagon, only your vote, and I didn't vote for IH. Are you misrepresenting me on purpose, or is it a mistake?
Wow, chill out! I never said you were tagging along for the bandwagon. I said that it was a possibility. its hardly misrepresenting, and your over-reaction is very suspicious.

FoS: TS
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
IH wrote:This is not happening at all. Quit skewing the facts. Since the day has started you've switched your vote around 5 times.
WHOA!!! Around 5 times? TWICE.
IH wrote:You aren't even attempting to make a case, except on Quag, and you then switched your vote two posts later.
Yeah, and who is making cases right now? Panzer who just flaked? ABR who decided for unfathomable reasons that Erg0 is scum??? Zu_faul, who is, in my book, potential scum and is voting for me anyway? Who? Show me some good cases. ABR who is asking OTHER FREAKIN PEOPLE to make his cases??????? My case on Quag is a total waste of time. I wasted 55 pages on Day 1, can you imagine my frustration? Nobody wants to lynch anyone.
IH wrote:I also am dissapointed you are ignoring all attempts to start discussion to chide the town for something they haven't even done yet.
Right, I'm not discussing enough? I haven't posted enough in this game??? Something the town hasn't done yet??? Were you there yesterday??? Argh!

Oh please yes, put me out of my misery. Let me help you.

vote: TS
Rofl. I cant say this is totally out of character for you, but even so...
I can totally see bussing big-style here. Too much OMGUS on too weak grounds. But, i'll go with the momentum.

Unvote, Vote: TS

FoS: IH
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Whoa, I'm dead? Totally didn't see that one coming.
Permanent V/LA.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by IH »

Hey, give me the list for designer MoS.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:24 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Sorry for the lousy timing, I've been organising a house move for the last week but I should be able to catch up with the game tomorrow.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:32 am

Post by vollkan »

Page 31

TS swipes at Yos; I don't think any of her arguments here are very strong. I don't see the contradiction in Yos's attitude, nor do I think it was wrong of him to attack ksope. This looks pretty dodgy from TS. I also don't like the way she keeps pushing Yos for how he treated Quagmire. Her hasd/Peers seems very speculative.

Page 32

Much of this continues, nothing really to comment on at this stage of my read.

Page 33

TS resurrects her complaints about being a policy lynchee here. I don't like Quag's refusal to answer questions, though I do agree that TS engages in far too much speculation. At the end of this, I agree with TS criticism of Quagmire - his refusal to do anything substantially meaningful to this point really has been unhelpful. However, nothing he did is a scumtell, so much as an assholetell.

Page 34

Don't like Jordan's quag vote - going for an easy lynch. Jordan converts TS's attacks for being anti-town into attacks for being scummy, conjecturing that Quag is drawing attention from scum (completely baseless, but looks to make his vote seem more justifiable). Quag actually makes a decent point about Bookitty's vote for hasd largely being justified by criticism of Quag. Bookitty pushing Quag after Albert tells her two smells dodgy.

Page 35

I disagree with Quag about reading the role PM, but he does explain hasd's actions and refute the thrust of Bookity's attack.

Page 36

Discussion about the quagmire lynch, mainly over his refusal to claim.

Page 37

Whole lot of spam from Albert and TS

Page 38

Spam. But interesting spam, so I read it all anyway.

Page 39

Quagmire makes a decent defence post. Spam. I agree with Yosarian2.

Page 40

Yos FoSes Panzer. Albert unvotes Quagmire. Suggests a claim or lynch
Shanba
Shanba
So win
Shanba
So win
So win

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:10 am

Post by Shanba »

Vote Count:

5: TS
(Panzerjager, Zu_Faul, IH, ABR, BM)
2: Panzerjager
(Setael, Toaster Strudel)
1: Sir Tornado
(JordanA24)
1: Bookitty
(Quagmire)

Not Voting:
Sir Tornado, Bookitty, hasdgfas, YagamiLight, Erg0, schismatized

Corrected, cause BM is better at counting to 5 than me
Last edited by Shanba on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
(10:50:24 PM) xcaykex: GODDAMNIT I DONT WANNA GET RID OF MY TENTACLE RAPE PORN

Ribbit.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Setael »

ABR wrote:I want to lynch anyone who isn't as obviously town as Panzer.
I'd very much like to know your reason for thinking Panzer is obvtown.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Shanba wrote:
Vote Count:

4: TS
(Panzerjager, Zu_Faul, IH, ABR, BM)
2: Panzerjager
(Setael, Toaster Strudel)
1: Sir Tornado
(JordanA24)
1: Bookitty
(Quagmire)

Not Voting:
Sir Tornado, Bookitty, hasdgfas, YagamiLight, Erg0, schismatized
I think TS should be on 5 votes. Also, Jordan, why are you not voting for TS atm?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:56 am

I'm taking a break from mafiascum, and so request a replacement.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Shanba wrote:BM is better at counting to 5 than me
I have an irresistable temptation to sig this...

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”