Newbie 531: (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:30 am

Post by SlySly »

soupfly wrote:
SlySly wrote:
Superfly wrote:
Sly wrote:
Oh my god, apyadg is stupid
BUT LOOK AT THIS GUY!!!!
I did NOT say this!! Misquoting = VERY SCUMMY!!!
he didn't say you wrote this. he's characterizing your post and pretty accurately at that.
Which part of "Sly wrote:" did I misunderstand? Superfly DID misquote me, PERIOD.

Vote Count as of Post 184:
soupfly (1): Apyadg
Apyadg (1): soupfly
Superfly (1): SlySly
SlySly (1): Superfly

Not voting (1): Tlp

With 5 alive it is 3 to lynch
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:48 am

Post by Superfly »

SlySly wrote: Which part of "Sly wrote:" did I misunderstand? Superfly DID misquote me, PERIOD.
That wasn't my intention and you know it. I didn't even understand that you thought I was taking that from you. I just summarized your post, in fact I clearly stated it before the quote. If you write the brackets like this
name wrote: it automatically shows "name wrote".

If this is true, then you are only attacking my portrayal, not the substance, which is rather stupid. Exaggerating marginal mistakes is what scum likes to do.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:01 am

Post by SlySly »

Superfly wrote: That wasn't my intention and you know it.
You sure do make a lot of assumptions. I know what "Sly wrote:" means no matter how you twist it or how it got there. You are not going to be able to backtrack out of misquoting me no matter what you or your scum buddy say about it. It is a fact that you did misquote me.

I also know that "hinting" at something is not the same as "calling" for it.

I didn't do either and you have accused me of both and incorrectly stated that I "did" them after I pointed out clearly that I didn't. I stated an option that is better than a mislynch, I did not call or hint at it.
Superfly wrote: Exaggerating marginal mistakes is what scum likes to do.
Superfly, misquoting and making false accusations about people, like you have been doing to me, is another tactic that scum find useful for creating confusion amongst the town.
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Superfly »

SlySly wrote: You sure do make a lot of assumptions. I know what "Sly wrote:" means no matter how you twist it or how it got there. You are not going to be able to backtrack out of misquoting me no matter what you or your scum buddy say about it. It is a fact that you did misquote me.
Do you know how quoting works on this forum? The "person wrote" part is what the system adds to a quote, I did not write it. Also, read through that post again. I CLEARLY said that it was a summary. You ignored half of my point and then responded to the other one with "I IGNORE YOU". You just said I was wrong just because "I am scum" or whatever the reason was (gee, I think there wasn't).
I also know that "hinting" at something is not the same as "calling" for it. I didn't do either and you have acc.used me of both and incorrectly stated that I "did" them after I pointed out clearly that I didn't. I stated an option that is better than a mislynch, I did not call or hint at it.
Whatever you call it, nolynch is harmful to the town. You said that the town giving up with a nolynch is a possibility. It is technically true, but it should never come down to that in lylo. There is only one party that benefits from nolynch and that is scum. Later when someone told you this, you defended it.

Also, stop your selective arguments, it is really strange that you ignore 4/5 of my posts completely. If you are town, it is detrimental to shut down the discussion like this.
Superfly wrote: Superfly, misquoting and making false accusations about people, like you have been doing to me, is another tactic that scum find useful for creating confusion amongst the town.
Being manipulative
and having weak arguments is scummy. Selective discussion is also scummy. Voting based on meta is scummy(battousai case).
Voting with weak logic in lylo
is scummy. Focusing on marginal mistakes is scummy. Saying one thing and acting oppositely is scummy. Thinking nolynch can be useful in lylo is scummy(or really stupid at least).
Ignoring other people's arguments
is scummy.

Voting for me was not a town beneficial move. The only reason you put forward was that I accused you and misquoted you (which I didn't, ignore my explanation or not). The logic you put forward was not strong enough. You are either a reckless and stupid town or a scum.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:11 am

Post by SlySly »

I do know how the quoting system works on this forum and apparently you do to. That is why you don't use the quote tag when you are paraphrasing. It is a fact that you did misquote me. There is no way around it.

A no lynch is not good, I will agree, but it is UNARGUABLY better than a mislynch. I think it is obvious with my vote that I am not in favor of a no lynch.

There is nothing more manipulative than misquoting and false accusations and you are the one who has been engaged in that type of play.

A vote based on false accusations and misquoting is not one based on weak logic.
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:54 am

Post by Superfly »

SlySly wrote:I do know how the quoting system works on this forum and apparently you do to. That is why you don't use the quote tag when you are paraphrasing. It is a fact that you did misquote me. There is no way around it.
"you don't use the quote tag when you are paraphrasing". And I was supposed to know this how? I have been on this site for half a month and I have played one game and lurked 1/10 of a game. How on earth was I supposed to know this? Soup, is this some kind of public knowledge or is this guy just making it up?

You bend the meaning of other people's actions in the way you like it. You base fabricated logic on it and then ignore other explanations and parry them with "no you are wrong, IT IS A FACT FACE IT GOSH".

Ergo, you are just making up an argument from nothing.
A no lynch is not good, I will agree, but it is UNARGUABLY better than a mislynch. I think it is obvious with my vote that I am not in favor of a no lynch.
We should not consider it as an option. You presented it as one. Therefore you hinted at the possibility of one. If we want to consider all possibilities, no matter how impossible, then a no lynch is also better than a town false claiming scum. So what was your point anyway in making it? Why the hell did you make such a statement? It had no use to anyone. A no lynch is not happening in lylo.
There is nothing more manipulative than misquoting and false accusations and you are the one who has been engaged in that type of play.

A vote based on false accusations and misquoting is not one based on weak logic.
I did not misquote you.

There were no false accusations. You hinted at a nolynch in lylo. The post where you FOSed soupfly was hugely contradictory and illogical at best. You voted me, because I accused you and you got all defensive.

Face it, you voted a townie for practically no reason based on fabricated arguments.

Also, you continue with the selectiveness I see.
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Superfly »

I do know how the quoting system works on this forum and apparently you do to.
To clarify on this, I know the mechanics of quotes, but I don't know any unwritten mafiascum laws about it.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:19 am

Post by SlySly »

Superfly wrote:
Sly wrote:
Oh my god, apyadg is stupid
BUT LOOK AT THIS GUY!!!!
Will you please show me the post where I said what you quoted me as saying? When you realize that you can't, will you please admit openly that you did, in fact, misquote me?

Superfly wrote: He called for nolynch in lylo.
Will you please show me the post where I called for a no lynch? When you realize that you can't, will you please admit openly that you did, in fact, falsely accuse me of doing so?
Superfly wrote:

To clarify on this, I know the mechanics of quotes, but I don't know any unwritten mafiascum laws about it.
In 176, you explained the mechanics of the mafiascum forum quoting perfectly. It is perfectly obvious that you understand how to use it so I will not give you a break for misusing it.

There is no disputing that you misquoted me and falsely accused me of something I didn't do. That equates to scum in my book, especially in lylo.
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Superfly »

Will you please show me the post where I said what you quoted me as saying? When you realize that you can't, will you please admit openly that you did, in fact, misquote me?
I did not quote you. I have never said I quoted you. Instead, before said summary I put in [ quote ] brackets I said this
If you want me to summarize the last post it would be
You have never acknowledged that I said this even though I have mentioned it before. Therefore I did not misquote you, because in that same post, I said it was not a quote, it was a summary. Please be more precise when you read other people's posts before you blame them for it.

So stop trying to put words in my mouth and acknowledge that this argument against me is made up.
Superfly wrote: Will you please show me the post where I called for a no lynch? When you realize that you can't, will you please admit openly that you did, in fact, falsely accuse me of doing so?
There was never one specific post. Instead you argued in favour of it.
If there is a no lynch and the doc protects the scum target during the night, we will be in Day 3 with the exact same 5
If the roles are hidden the scum do not have any known targets. Then if we do a no lynch, and the doc protects the scum's night target, we are in Day 3 with the same 5 as now AND with more information because the cop's investigation info.
You argued in favour for it. Therefore, you think there is a possibility. However, we should not consider it as an option, because it is a stupid anti-town idea. You presented it as an option by arguing favour of it. Therefore you hinted at the possibility of it being an option. Because no lynch is detrimental to the town, you therefore hinted the town towards something that is harmful to us.

Why didn't you answer these questions? I might have misunderstood your intentions, but I have no way of knowing if you don't answer them.
So what was your point anyway in making it? Why the hell did you make such a statement?
Next,

In 176, you explained the mechanics of the mafiascum forum quoting perfectly. It is perfectly obvious that you understand how to use it so I will not give you a break for misusing it.
No, I only explained the mechanics, as you can see.
The "person wrote" part is what the system adds to a quote, I did not write it.
I understand how to use it, not when to use it or when not to use it. To me it is just a highlighted box that contains info or quotes about a person. I had no idea that summaries did not belong in it.
There is no disputing that you misquoted me and falsely accused me of something I didn't do. That equates to scum in my book, especially in lylo.
So in summary, I did not misquote you and you did hint towards nolynch.

Also, your opinion and weak logic is not fact. It can also most certainly be disputed. Just because you refuse to accept other explanations doesn't mean it is true.

Selectiveness continues.
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Superfly »

SlySly, there is no way in hell you are town. You relentlessly attack me, a townie, based on crappy logic against a couple of arguments you choose. All the other arguments you ignore completely. You were impatient to vote me, you seem determined to lynch me. You ignored soupfly's comment and refuse to admit that your logic was weak and your discussion selective.

Because of your relentlessness, I am 100% sure you are scum. Nobody would be this eager to lynch a townie. Nobody would be so sure based on so little if they didn't have precise knowledge. You are not a cop, so you have no knowledge of investigation results. There is however another faction that has said precise knowledge. Those are scum. You know I am a townie, that is why you are so eager to lynch me. You know it would win you the game.

Vote: SlySly
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by SlySly »

Superfly wrote: I did not quote you.
You are correct, what you did was misquote me.
Superfly wrote: I have never said I quoted you. Instead, before said summary I put in [ quote ] brackets I said this
If you want me to summarize the last post it would be
You did say this before you misquoted me.
Superfly wrote: So stop trying to put words in my mouth and acknowledge that this argument against me is made up.
I didn't try to put words in your mouth, you tried to put them into mine.
Superfly wrote: There was never one specific post. Instead you argued in favour of it.
In other words, you did falsely accuse me of calling for a no lynch. Talking about how a no lynch is better than a mislynch, which is indisputably true, is not calling for one.
Superfly wrote: Therefore, you think there is a possibility.
Thinking there is a possibility is not calling for as you falsely accused me of doing.
Superfly wrote: Because no lynch is detrimental to the town, you therefore hinted the town towards something that is harmful to us.
What is more harmful to town a mislynch or a no lynch?

The questions you pointed out that I ignored are questions that I have already answered in other posts. Once again, you are trying to accuse me of something that is not true. You are the one that is guilty of ignoring my posts and then asking me to repeat myself.

The one who has no basis for their vote at this point in time is you, Superfly. Your vote on me is only because I am relentless. Yes, I am relentless because there is no way in hell that I am going to sit back while you misquote me and falsely accuse me of things I didn't do.

I didn't ignore Soup's post, I responded to it and am awaiting his response to my response. Another false accusation from you, Superfly.

I point out very obvious scummy acts by you and look how defensive you have been about it, Superfly!!! I think my vote is definitely in the right place.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
soupfly (1): Apyadg
Apyadg (1): soupfly
Superfly (1): SlySly
SlySly (1): Superfly

Not voting (1): Tlp

With 5 alive it is 3 to lynch.
Last edited by bird1111 on Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by SlySly »

I believe the mod may have overlooked my
vote:Superfly
in 170
Tlp
Tlp
Townie
Tlp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Tlp »

right, everyone has a vote now except me?

This is getting silly, we won't get anywere with it.

Srry but i still believe superfly above slysly which is getting me into a vote on slysly. Its just the feeling i have which has been right so far in this game. I'm just VERY intrested in what apy and the rest thinks about it, apy has been silent since he has been getting suspicous.

Got the feeling apy and slysly are getting caught. Not sure but its what I'm thinking at this moment
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:01 am

Post by Superfly »

You are correct, what you did was misquote me.
Before stating something, please respond to my arguments. Ignoring them does not make you right.
You did say this before you misquoted me.
It says it is a summary. It clearly is a summary. You are just desperate for arguments and have to erase logic so you can be correct.
I didn't try to put words in your mouth
Oh yeah?
Will you please show me the post where I said what you quoted me s saying?
When you realize that you can't, will you please admit openly that you did, in fact, misquote me?
This shows you did. Backpedaling isn't going to help.
Thinking there is a possibility is not calling for as you falsely accused me of doing.
Your intentions matter. You had no logical reason for arguing in favor of a nolynch, it was not necessary or relevant. What do we gain from the fact that a nolynch is better than a mislynch?

Also, you again ignored my questions, so because you seem hestitant to answer them and you are extremely scummy in all other regards I have to believe you were scum trying to incite fear of a mislynch so you can push us towards a nolynch later in the game.
The one who has no basis for their vote at this point in time is you, Superfly. Your vote on me is only because I am relentless. Yes, I am relentless because there is no way in hell that I am going to sit back while you misquote me and falsely accuse me of things I didn't do.
First of all, I did not misquote you. Period. You continue to be hestitant in explaining your intentions behind hinting towards a nolynch, so I have to assume you had scummy intentions.
I point out very obvious scummy acts by you and look how defensive you have been about it, Superfly!!! I think my vote is definitely in the right place.
Obvious to only yourself, sly. Also, you again try to declare that your statements are the solid truth without any reasonable logic behind them.
because there is no way in hell that
I
am going to sit back while you misquote
me
and falsely accuse
me
of things
I
didn't do.
I thought I was the one being defensive.
The questions you pointed out that I ignored are questions that I have already answered in other posts. Once again, you are trying to accuse me of something that is not true. You are the one that is guilty of ignoring my posts and then asking me to repeat myself.
You did not answer them sufficiently. I made arguments against your explanations and you ignored them.

Also, just because I do not agree with your arguments, does not mean I ignore them.
I didn't ignore Soup's post, I responded to it and am awaiting his response to my response. Another false accusation from you, Superfly.
Didn't see you respond to this. The one thing you did say "in response" was you just repeating your baseless logic and refusing to acknowledge his.
if you were indeed a townie, can you not understand how this is an incredibly dangerous and anti-town thing to do?
a no lynch is not a good option at this point under any conceivable scenario. PERIOD
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:10 am

Post by Superfly »

My last post was getting too long.

Next, I might as well again bring forth some of my previous arguments.

Being manipulative. Examples:
Will you please show me the post where I said what you quoted me as saying?
When you realize that you can't, will you please admit openly that you did, in fact, misquote me?
If it weren't for the Day 1 result from Battousai's lynch and the fact that we are at lylo,
I would most likely place a vote on Apyadg
Slysly, this is not a sufficient answer, you did not explain yourself, you just accused me.
Voting based on meta(battousai case).
Thinking about Battousai's words, "dissappointed with my role. I hate this role whenever I get it, " I immediatly struck the vanilla townies from contention too. My reasoning for striking the vanillas out was more for the reason that being a vanilla townie, to me, is really like not having a role. It's just vanilla.

I think if he is the cop or the doc he would have been much more protective of the fact that he has a role and wouldn't have made the careless mistake of revealing that he does have one.

I think that being the Mafia Goon would be the scum equivalent of vanilla and wouldn't be worth pointing out.

IMO, Battousai revealed that he had a non-vanilla role in the confirmation stage.

Here Battousi scummily tries to expose the cop and then mod fishes for info about his role.

IMO, Battousai has revealed that he is the Mafia Roleblocker making himself the lynch of the day.

vote:Battousai
Saying one thing and acting differently despite it. Example:
I don't know who to believe, to me, there seems to be scumminess in each claim. If it weren't for the Day 1 result from Battousai's lynch and the fact that we are at lylo,
I would most likely place a vote on Apyadg
due to his sloppy flip flopping but facing the fact that we are at lylo and a mislynch creates a loss and using Soup's own reasoning from 161,
I think a FOS:Soupfly is in store
Focusing on marginal mistakes.
Here Battousi scummily tries to expose the cop and then mod fishes for info about his role.
Focusing on marginal AND fictional mistakes
Superfly,
misquoting
and making false accusations about people, like you have been doing to me, is another tactic that scum find useful for creating confusion amongst the town.
The underlined parts are the examples.
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Superfly »

I agree with tlp, apyadg should post. It would be very useful to see his reaction to the current situation.

3 posts in a row :[ .
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:21 am

Post by soupfly »

Superfly wrote:I agree with tlp, apyadg should post. It would be very useful to see his reaction to the current situation.

3 posts in a row :[ .
i agree that slysly is most likely scum but the play for tonight should be apy. you guys will have to make a decision on soupfly vs. apy at some point anyway but the advantage is that if you make the right decision today then you'll have a confirmed cop and a hidden doc heading into the night. if the remaining scum roleblocker is still around then it won't help in terms of my investigation but it will keep the role block off of the doc who can then have a chance to defend somebody. if apy is the roleblocker then its essentially game over.

if you guys insist on going for slysly then you'll have my vote but i still think that the most prudent action is to lynch the fake cop. i can investigate slysly tonight to be absolutely positive that he's cum and not just a really really bad player.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by SlySly »

Superfly, you did misquote me and you did falsely accuse me of doing things that I didn't. These things are a fact.

Paraphrasing some of the things you have said...
Superfly wrote: I am scum and since I am, there is no way in hell I am going to admit misquoting SlySly nor am I going to admit that I falsely accused him of things that he did, yet I am going to vehemently deny and attempt to confuse the rest of the players while doing so.
I never hinted at or called for a no lynch. I merely discussed the fact that a no lynch is better than a mislynch for the town at this point.

Which is worse for the town at this point, a mislynch or a no lynch?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by SlySly »

If you say I have misquoted you now, you HAVE to admit that you misquoted me before.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by soupfly »

SlySly wrote:Superfly, you did misquote me and you did falsely accuse me of doing things that I didn't. These things are a fact.
he did not misquote you. he did a characterization of your post. there's a difference between a mischaracterization and a misquote. until you learn the difference stop wasting our time with this argument because nobody is buying it. the fact that he used the quoting system was for effect, but nobody thought that those were your exact words.

its a silly discussion at this point. if you want to say he mischaracterized your post then fine, but its a matter of interpretation so you're not gonna get too far with this line of reasoning.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by SlySly »

soupfly wrote:
SlySly wrote:Superfly, you did misquote me and you did falsely accuse me of doing things that I didn't. These things are a fact.
he did not misquote you. he did a characterization of your post. there's a difference between a mischaracterization and a misquote. until you learn the difference stop wasting our time with this argument because nobody is buying it. the fact that he used the quoting system was for effect, but nobody thought that those were your exact words.

its a silly discussion at this point. if you want to say he mischaracterized your post then fine, but its a matter of interpretation so you're not gonna get too far with this line of reasoning.
I see you ignored my question when I asked you which part of "Sly wrote:" did I misunderstand.

I think you and Super are scum buddies and both of you ignoring my questions over and over is getting more and more obvious.

He did misquote me and he did falsely accuse me of doing things I didn't do.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by SlySly »

Would Super or Soup either one please tell me which is worse for the town at this point, a mislynch or a no lynch?
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by soupfly »

SlySly wrote:Would Super or Soup either one please tell me which is worse for the town at this point, a mislynch or a no lynch?
what a silly loaded questions. of course a no lynch is better than a mislynch. unfortunately you can't know the out come of a lynch beforehand...all you can know are the odds involved.

if town tries to lynch a scum then they have the following chances:
-if they lynch the fake cop they have a 1/2 chance
-if they lynch the non-cop claim they have a 1/3 chance

if town no lynches they they have a 1/12 chance of surviving the night.

a mislynch is something that you find out
after
you've lynched. the no lynch is something that you do
before
you lynch.

so if you consider the no lynch you have to evaluate it against the lynching option:
-lynch: 50% chance to make it to day 3
-no lynch: 8.3% chance to make it to day 3

can we let this go because you are completely off on this point.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:08 am