This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:49 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

well, I was going to
vote theHermit
well before Ceciro brought that to the table...

CA's play was bad..and if you check out his voting history and suspicions it really does scream wolf.

also that being said if for some reason I am hung tonight. Twomz is mafia with Peers.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:53 am

Post by cicero »

curiouskarmadog wrote:also that being said if for some reason I am hung tonight. Twomz is mafia with Peers.
Why?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:01 am

will post a case soon...but it boils down to his play and votes.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:29 am

Post by TheHermit »

cicero wrote:Who is scum do you think Sikario or Hjallti?
Are you asking me which of those two do I think is more likely to be scum? I don't think I want to limit my options to just two people. For starters, cicero, your BPV has never been confirmed. I'll be taking a closer look at you later, when I have the time to really dig deep. Holiday season is always a serious crunch on the free time, as I'm sure you know.

Only person who jumps out at me is ckd, and he's only noteworthy because he is pretty much confirmed. We know ooba was telling the truth about being a sorcerer, and there was no reason for him to lie about only getting even nights. Thus it stands to reason that the role ckd claimed, sorcerer on odd nights, exists. And in the absence of a counter-claim, he's obviously it.

I think that, with a close eye and another reread, we can look at Peers and ZONE's interactions with other players and figure out who their last buddy is. I plan to do this myself, but anyone who wants to check things out on their own is encouraged to look not only at who they agree with, but also who they go out of their way to ignore. Oftentimes scumbuddies will try to avoid being buddy-buddy but overcompensate, so they rarely interact with each other in thread at all and any interactions they do have are terse and unemotional.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:57 pm

Post by Peers »

Vote: The hermit

Seems like an excellent case... even if it is based on meta-mistakes from elsewhere.

So who wants to hammer?
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:15 am

Post by TheHermit »

Meta mistakes that contain errors, I assure you, because I am not scum. I implore you, at least wait until ckd makes his arguments so that I may attempt to answer them (although how much answering I can do for someone else, I'm not sure). But waiting for him contains no risk and reward of everything; after all, if we mislynch at this stage it's a mafia victory. And nobody wants that except for Peers and his third mafia buddy. My reasoning of a third mafia existing isn't based on examining the roles we've got, it's based on Peers' play. Notice how he thanked us for killing the other mafia member? If it were really only a two-person mafia he'd be in tears. There would be no way for him to win the game. None. Instead, he's happy because we're no closer to finding his other scumbuddy now to when we started. Looks like this is in the bag for him!

I won't be able to read-through everything until tomorrow. I will not be role-claiming until then. Please do not hammer me until that time.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:25 am

unvote, we should wiat until I can put forth my case (even though it ways heavily on CA) and not hermit...I also want to get my Twomz case out there as well...

this does not mean that you cant have conversation without me.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:25 am

unvote
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:25 am

unvote
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:22 am

Post by Peers »

Wanted to make sure you unvoted, eh?

And, Hermit, look at the five scenarios I posted above. I can be happy about being the only scum because I can still win... as long as you all hunt the wolf and not me. Which is a long shot, true, but still possible. You're right, tho, it's a lot harder than if I have a friend.

... erm, I mean, of course I have a friend, and lynching me won't solve anything...
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:26 am

have no clue why it posted that twice.

also, Peers if I believed you for a second that you were the last Mafia, I would be voting you today. My goal is to eliminate a scum group. not to hunt a wolf.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:20 am

Post by Peers »

Hunting the wolf eliminates a scum group. And regardless of anything I saw, there's better odds of there being two Mafia left than there being two Wolf yet.

... or maybe there's two Wolves left, three Mafia left, and you're the only townie... :)
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:55 am

so what is peers, do you ahve one buddy or two?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:39 am

Post by Peers »

The entire town is my buddy! :) Well, until we drop the last Wolf, at least.

Let's just say that, given what I know of the setup, I'm not sure I'd've balanced it like this... but there's probably something I don't know...
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:10 pm

Post by Twomz »

I'm waiting for the case against me so I can respond to it :p. I still think Peers is the best option for today. If your meta is wrong (like mine was with Kison) then we pretty much lose the game... just FYI. With a Peers lynch we def. survive at least one day, and hey, maybe he is the last mafiaso, that would mean we just have one wolf after that (and that is a BIG maybe, in fact, the chances of that are almost nonexistent).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:11 am

chances of what are almost non existent? My case against you (when I have time) is not that you are the wolf, it is that you are the other membe with Peers..I dont think either of you is the lynch today..I will most likely be pushing for a hermit lynch.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Peers »

Hehe. I just realized something.

Unvote

Vote: Cicero

The town's not willing to lynch me, so you're arranging for a mislynch. One wolf, one mafia, 5 townies, a mislynch and two nightkills put us at 1:1:2, and then the town will obviously lynch me since they know I'm scum, giving the game to the wolves.

Bulletproof vest, my arse. You're wolf.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Twomz »

Peers wrote:Hehe. I just realized something.

Unvote

The town's not willing to lynch me, so you're arranging for a mislynch. One wolf, one mafia, 5 townies, a mislynch and two nightkills put us at 1:1:2, and then the town will obviously lynch me since they know I'm scum, giving the game to the wolves.

Hmm... this makes a whole lot of sense...
unvote

Gonna wait for more comments before voting again.

@CKD: It's very unlikely that Peers is the last mafiaso, but there is still that chance out there, however unlikely.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:46 am

Post by cicero »

:roll:

You two forgot your balance math. If I was the last wolf that would mean that there was no BPV which means Peers is the last mafioso and we should lynch him for a surefire end of mafia.

As it is, I am BPV which leads to the idea that there is another mafioso. Twomz contradicts himself when he says a) that what Peers says makes sense, and then b) that it is unlikely that Peers is the last mafioso. I was thinking Twomz was more likely to be town but his sudden announcement that Peers's bald evidence-free assertion "makes a lot of sense" is certainly concerning to me.

Most importantly, folks need to remember that
Peers needs the BPV lynched in order to win
. But! Peers own actions legitimise my claim. He hammered Zoneace (who turned up mafioso instead of godfather). Doing that is proof enough of a third mafioso which in turn
legitimises the existence of a BPV to counterbalance that mafia.
And that, good friends, is me.

As for the "mislynch" push, that is some spectacular donkeycrap right there. I gave you Chocolate Attacks own words from Mini 499 and directions to the other games to test the meta-info for yourselves.

Now, townies, be careful. Scum will have a common cause at this point. If the Hermit is last wolf he will jump on the cicero wagon with the two mafia. Then they only need to trick one townie. So let's not fall for it, k. And Peers, once again, cut the crap.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by Peers »

cicero wrote: Most importantly, folks need to remember that
Peers needs the BPV lynched in order to win
Actually, I do need you lynched to win, bu tnot for the reason you want everyone to think. If I can get the town down to 1:1, I win regardless of who's on the other end... I suspect that's the balancing factor at work. At the endgame, I trump the a BPV... but there isn't one, is there? The reason I need to lynch you to win is because you're the last wolf. If you really were the BPV? I'd leave you alone until endgame.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by cicero »

Why dont you set out a case, Peers, instead of asserting that again. :)

And while you're at it please explain why I claimed it when I did, what my motivation was, and why I was so sure I wouldnt get counterclaimed by the "real bulletproof vest". Do you think as a "wolf" I had some secret knowledge of who the real BPV was or that there wasnt one? I couldnt know that in such a position. And if there
had[/b] been one I would have ended up dead AND given the mafia a gift. So please tell me why I, a fairly bright guy, would do such a stupid stupid thing.

Do please. Let me hear your theory. I'm fascinated.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Peers »

Will you just be quiet and let me draw the wolf out of hiding? Some people, yeesh...
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by Twomz »

As it is, I am BPV which leads to the idea that there is another mafioso. Twomz contradicts himself when he says a) that what Peers says makes sense, and then b) that it is unlikely that Peers is the last mafioso. I was thinking Twomz was more likely to be town but his sudden announcement that Peers's bald evidence-free assertion "makes a lot of sense" is certainly concerning to me.
Partially true, which is why I didn't vote you. But if you look back at my posts I have been saying that there is a chance that you were a wolf running a gambit for a while now. Peers post just made me notice how juicy the situation would have been for you if you were indeed the last wolf.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:46 am

Twomz wrote:
Peers wrote:Hehe. I just realized something.

Unvote

Hmm... this makes a whole lot of sense...
unvote

Gonna wait for more comments before voting again.

@CKD: It's very unlikely that Peers is the last mafiaso, but there is still that chance out there, however unlikely.
note to self, include this post in my case against twomz
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:47 am

mod please prod sikwario!
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE