Vecna (1):
Caesar Wills It
The DEO (1):
Sondam
Fro99er (1):
Leonshade

Not Voting (3):
ooba, Elbirn, NoticeMeSenpai

With 21 players alive, it takes 11 to to lynch.
Lynch deadline is in (expired on 2017-02-21 10:05:30), at which point we will default to no lynch.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Sondam
Sondam
Goon
Sondam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:23 am

Post by Sondam »

In post 2325, Nahdia wrote:
Sondam (2):
Drixx, Creature
BWHAHAHAHA 2 Of our scumreads voting us the S H O C K
~Maria
Hydra of MariaR and gerryoat
Sondam
Sondam
Goon
Sondam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:24 am

Post by Sondam »

Oh Drixx is voting us for attacking the person he worships okay good to know nothing new
~Maria
Sondam
Sondam
Goon
Sondam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:26 am

Post by Sondam »

I was gonna vote A&N but the people on that wagon are so ew.
VOTE: A&N
When have I cared
~Maria
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:47 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 2321, Creature wrote:Vecna, you had me as strong town earlier, what happened?
People showed me meta where you also type a lot as scum. I still had your deathnote game in mind as my only meta-reference of your scumgame, and remember you did tell me at the start of PYP that you always lurk as scum :)
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:48 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 2324, Sondam wrote:Give me the tldr
~Maria
We made a townblock

Youre not part of it.

nananana
Sondam
Sondam
Goon
Sondam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:49 am

Post by Sondam »

lololol you act like townblocks work
Sondam
Sondam
Goon
Sondam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:54 am

Post by Sondam »

Did any of: The Deo, Spiffeh, Creature, Pere, agreed to that townblock I'm insta voting them?
Now tell me who's in it thanks.
~Maria
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:57 am

Post by Creature »

In post 2329, Vecna wrote:
In post 2321, Creature wrote:Vecna, you had me as strong town earlier, what happened?
People showed me meta where you also type a lot as scum. I still had your deathnote game in mind as my only meta-reference of your scumgame, and remember you did tell me at the start of PYP that you always lurk as scum :)
Checking my post count is sorta a lazy way to try to sort me.
Sigh
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:16 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 2333, Creature wrote:
In post 2329, Vecna wrote:
Checking my post count is sorta a lazy way to try to sort me.
Yep, so I stopped.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:28 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Part of me hopes Yuri flips town so MathBlade gets a reality check
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:29 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Also Maria I have a pretty strong town read on A&N. Can you explain why you're scum reading them?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:36 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Mathblade

If we're talking about counter wagons to Yuri then look no further than the A&N wagon which has slowly burned into a viable wagon despite there being no valid reason given to suspect them.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:39 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 2332, Sondam wrote:Did any of: The Deo, Spiffeh, Creature, Pere, agreed to that townblock I'm insta voting them?
Now tell me who's in it thanks.
~Maria
I agreed to it but Pere is not in my block.

Vote me.
If our post is unsigned, 90+ percent it's Titus. I'm a dork that forgets to sign.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:45 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 2303, Vecna wrote:Hmmm im even considering bidding on the stump myself by now. The only thing holding me back is self-knowledge that my towngame without being able to rely on solid mechanic discussion is rather hit and miss.
Then work with me and don't. Math will have to reset or I will be dead.

As for Drixx, Drixx is not a high activity poster. Drixx is read by his logic. Even if scumreading him, he is forced into an extremely negative EV play here by taking stump and no one else taking it.
If our post is unsigned, 90+ percent it's Titus. I'm a dork that forgets to sign.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:50 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Math: I have a case on Yuri, he's aware of what it is and had nothing to say after I pointed it out to him. I stopped what I was doing because I realized I was not only making it uncomfortable for him but for other people as well. I didn't give up on Notice, people just don't want to lynch solely off of my case so I've stopped pushing there.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:59 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Math: Honestly I don't even know what to say to it all because it's just so terribly wrong.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:01 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 2337, Spiffeh wrote:Mathblade

If we're talking about counter wagons to Yuri then look no further than the A&N wagon which has slowly burned into a viable wagon despite there being no valid reason given to suspect them.
This is the point where Math and I got frustrated. Math thinks every counterwagon is entirely dumb town, which is why I felt they were confbiased. I just cannot see townreading ABR when he's making no effort to be civil, no effort to sort, no effort to tell me I am wrong, no effort in the start. I will be commenting on my take shortly, including my concerns with you. I do not scumread you, but I think in a Yuri scum world, sorting you is a decent idea but bigger fish to fry.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:11 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2036, The DEO wrote:Daytalk I always feel is the best PR bar none. In Shadowrun where JaeReed is not so subtly referring scout and I used daytalk extensively to our advantage. Even though I never got a break from posting it let me remain consistent and strategize with scout. A couple of times I even told scout when to pivot and he proofed stuff I did.
Daytalk is useful if utilized by the scumteam.

But overall, it is so useless that it is now standard to include it in games, where it used to not be standard in games.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:17 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2039, The DEO wrote:And PV, if you're scum, you gotta break the town wall somewhere. The science thing is null, and you know it. The choices made were more about playstyle than alignment. The proper scum response was to oppose whichever funding (or lack there of) would help town. So I stipulate scum should have wanted to deny science but that's because I know I am town.

Saying Yuri is better than others is not stating Yuri is either town or scum, or if you'd be willing to sheep townreads there. I get the gist that your TRs all SR Yuri, you are not willing to vote there but are not TRing Yuri, which leaves me with you taking no clear stance.

Your response also saying I don't get how you'd be confused, also makes me feel like I am correct in asking for a more detailed opinion.

The reads we disagree on yes. Yet, Drixx is one of two TR reads we both have.
This whole post doesn't really make sense to me. Try putting a single topic in a single post.

The Yuri thing I do get. I find their play scummy. But, they could be town, and are active, which means they can be read. But yes, their activity mostly involves not wanting to be outted and some sort of self-defense, which I do not like. I am not voting them now because there is still time in the day, and I want to see where it goes. When the time comes, if they have not improved their posting to where I no longer find them scummy, then I'll probably vote them. Conversely, if they devolve in posting, I might vote them sooner.
Kind of standard read gathering techniques.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:21 am

Post by The DEO »

Spoiler: Titus gamestate wall
Ok first things first. I think Math's reads are wrong, but I don't presume their thinking is. That doesn't make sense to a lot of you, but I'll explain. I think Math is 100% right when they say that Vecna/Uzi/Frogger are teamed, just on the town team, not the scum one. Math is horrendous at determining town synergy unless that synergy goes with what they want. This is why I've been handling Math in the way that I have been, trying to show their reads are off but not their process in identifying teams. They aren't great at determining the gamestate and determining when to work with others and stick to their number one scumread. They are still decent at this game, if they get out of their own way. Math's issue is not one of observance, it's one of conclusions and teamwork. They've been run down by others so long that they justify it by saying my compromises are always on town and I always force others to join my way. This is the mindset I am trying to break, gradually over time. No amount of bullying will do that. No amount of telling Math will convince them they are wrong on Vecna and no amount of its popular, your townreads view it like this, you should reconsider will either. I had many similar issues until I started hydraing with people who used more rthyhm and motion to get people lynched rather than outright cases. These tools are what help distinguish town partners from scum partners, and town reluctance from scum reluctance to join a wagon. I'm not a master at these tools yet however, but I hope to get better with every game. I will have a section on me at the end of the summary.

Science versus Arts is a debate over personalities (given the unknown states). Science, Arts and None are just the tools players use to solve the game rather than actually alignment indicative on an individual level. Each player will have personal preferences. Scum will want to have felt each other out and get to know each others playstyles if they did not already.
I have a few red flags based on the votes in this resolution. The first is on our boy ABR. ABR is not above strongarming and strongmanning actions, particularly in games with limited votes and hoods. His first post says he's a romanticist at heart. Pardon me but who cares? Wouldn't that logically lead to a vote in the arts, but no ABR jumps on nothing, which is the largest wagon. He's not pushing to mold the gamestate to his will at all. What helps ABR scumhunt? He cannot kill me yet, so you can make a theoretical argument that ABR is just being an asshole opposing what we want. No one knows what ABR wants, but definitely not the current town dynamic that is happening at this current point.
ABR is more anti-science and anti-us than pro himself. He doesn't mention once what he wants, yet he is very clearly planting doubts against me and math. He has a lack of activity that is technically null for him.

Post 305
Spiffeh and MariaR head wanting none makes sense after The Thing mafia, regardless of alignment. Yet the discrediting energy in the MariaR hydra is wierd. They objected calling our statements being pro-science as a lack of a case as just awkward as crap. Anyone who knows anything about me, knows I'm a planner to the nth degree and I even view aww fuck it as a plan. Math wants to know what is special about these discredits. These are geared towards denying us the tools we want to be our best, as a specific slot rather than LUV and Spiffeh fearing the game as a whole. In a Drixx town universe, scum would fight tooth and nail to rush that through. The language here is more of a concern. Spiffeh becomes a huge hypocrite on this later, and in multiple ways. He rushes when his argument is the popular one of the day, but slows down when it isn't.
Drixx makes a play for the Pyramids here. It's a plan that's no win for scum in the endgame most likely, as we don't know what roles were in play. The amount of Drixx gambles would have to be made here is insane. The logical push to have me go for Pyramids by PeregrineV shook me as off. Why did PeregrineV expect me to go against my biggest townread? Yet, why didn't PeregrineV push back against me not wanting to be the stump myself and ensure that I could do my VCA I believe in. The fact NO ONE brought this as a point against us is rather surprising. This is one of those things I comment on when I'm looking at what is missing. It suggests either a) I'm not living to use my VCA, b) scum have a game for my VCA, c) they didn't think of it and thought shading Drixx was just a better play, or d) This is a wierd as fuck play that they have in mind which makes less sense than putting grey goose on my favorite red scum stomping heels.
There's been a lot of blowback against the town core that has been forming, and again that's from ABR. He vaguely says 793 that the townblock of "Spif, Deo, Elbrin, Vecna, Uzi, and Frogger" would endgame A and N hydra. He's radio silent until he later votes A and N. (I'll get more onto that wagon longer.) Yet, by now all the names in this town block are nearly hard townreading each other. Where's ABR yelling I'm an idiot? I gave him an open invitation to do that yelling and nothing...
Maxous is the first major wagon of the game. Yet, what's missing here; a dueling wagon. I'm pushing on MariaR for essentially shading everyone in the game.
NoticemeSenpai and MariaR hydra that starts with S are the first two major dueling wagons. Elbrin jumps on the opposite wagon, based on this slip argument that occurs repeatedly. Math and I agree that the slip argument isn't really great but for totally different reasons. I'm not thrilled with this reasoning. Yet, I'm going to run with it to explain a point for a moment. If a scum player was desperate enough to fake a slip, then we're that much closer and we should be doubling down on the townblock as it is. If Yuri flips scum, and Notice is scum, lynch the ever loving fuck out of ABR. The inconsistence babbling of being against the townblock, with a scum desperate enough to fake being in the townblock is pretty indicative that scum need to do something against a town organically recognizing each other.
What looks to be more likely though, is these are T v S or T v T with Sodham being the S. Elbrin's vote on Notice particular doesn't do it for me. Elbrin's all about supporting my pushes, yet there's little effort to ensure we're on the same wagon. He's raved about my abilities in Sudoken mafia, and that he's glad we're town, but he's not reaching out to me on an intellectual level. I have dropped him out of my townblock for this reason. I need to speak to town Elbrin. I don't think they are necessarily scum, but I need to talk with them. Not sure if it's game size or scum though.
Sodham themselves gave evidence they weren't scum, although they were not planning on it. The vote counts don't support a theory that they are scum. The counterwagon that came up to this battle were Yuri and Beeboy, who both have negative points to them in some respects. While I am of the opinion that beeboy is town, I don't particularly feel great about it. (I feel like crap wherever I place beeboy. Ask me tomorrow, and I might think beeboy scum. He's just rather low on my priority list.)
The Yuri wagon, without beeboy was countered by this garbage A and N counter. The point at its counter reaches its highest, beeboy was dismantling. That strongly suggests beeboy was the town wagon that formed organically to the Yuri wagon. Is this right? Not necessarily. I'm doing VCA without flips there. Confirmation bias is a valid criticism to levy at this, yet I'm highlighting what I see.
If Yuri, beeboy, and A and N are town and we are chasing our tails, we should be finding scum on the middle of the wagons rather than promoting any particular wagon at this point. Lynching Caesar and Notice moves up in priority.
Speaking of that Caesar dude, the hydra name thing is a total stall tactic. It's annoying and rope worthy or longer. Directly refusing to comment on wagons plus awkward speech plus a total lack of evidence for Vecna scum, excuse me but my side eye just ran out of Bernie power.
Speaking of side eyes, Nero Cain isn't giving his reads or stance yet. He doesn't have to do what I'm doing or what Math is (we're writing these at the same time), but a simple read wall and discussion of possibilities so people can peg him down to a position is good.
I haven't said much about Leonshade and SSM. They've been here, just not at the same time as me. Sitting down on the couch of Titus is a high priority for me.

PeregrineV has just always had an excuse for being anti-town and even now is feeling out the A and N wagon to see if he can hammer that.

If Yuri flips scum

If I die and you think it's because of my play, lynch Caesar, ABR, Nero. Sort Spiffeh immediately (and if he winds up lynched, be damn sure it's right because he's good with different skills that will be hard to explain or replicate, but at the same time not crying if a mistake is made given off games). Elbrin sorting after that. Get Ooba's replacement to talk.
Good luck. Do not turn on each other. Harvest my iron stomach if you need to. I love all of you and each of you have a special set of skills.
Do not lynch
Drixx, Vecna, Lil Uzi Vert, Frogger, A and N, Maxous, Creature, beeboy (wagon counter protection for the day), Leonshade

Sort
Spiffeh, Elbrin

Laser focus Squinty eyes
Caesar, Sodham (especially after last vote), Ooba, PV, Nero

Lynch and I smile
ABR

Everyone else I feel is town more likely than not. Do hear Uzi/Elbrin out on Notice. We're seeing the same facts but drawing different conclusions and Yuri rushing to link to every wagon is problematic for sorting which of us is correct.

~Obv Titus
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:21 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2048, Maxous wrote:
if anybody but Drixx takes the treestump then i will personally grab a vig later and shoot them

is that a good enough reason for everybody?
I think you really mean you will vig them no matter what. And that is genius.
In post 1924, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1916, Maxous wrote:Drixx is taking the treestump.
There is no reason for anyone else to take it
Whoever takes treestump needs to be lynched or vigged as soon as possible.

Town won't give a shit, since they are still in the game, and if scum then they have no vote and won't count against our numbers and will probably not bother posting anyway.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:22 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 2344, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 2039, The DEO wrote:And PV, if you're scum, you gotta break the town wall somewhere. The science thing is null, and you know it. The choices made were more about playstyle than alignment. The proper scum response was to oppose whichever funding (or lack there of) would help town. So I stipulate scum should have wanted to deny science but that's because I know I am town.

Saying Yuri is better than others is not stating Yuri is either town or scum, or if you'd be willing to sheep townreads there. I get the gist that your TRs all SR Yuri, you are not willing to vote there but are not TRing Yuri, which leaves me with you taking no clear stance.

Your response also saying I don't get how you'd be confused, also makes me feel like I am correct in asking for a more detailed opinion.

The reads we disagree on yes. Yet, Drixx is one of two TR reads we both have.
This whole post doesn't really make sense to me. Try putting a single topic in a single post.

The Yuri thing I do get. I find their play scummy. But, they could be town, and are active, which means they can be read. But yes, their activity mostly involves not wanting to be outted and some sort of self-defense, which I do not like. I am not voting them now because there is still time in the day, and I want to see where it goes. When the time comes, if they have not improved their posting to where I no longer find them scummy, then I'll probably vote them. Conversely, if they devolve in posting, I might vote them sooner.
Kind of standard read gathering techniques.
Yeah, this still isn't taking a position but reeks of let me see if A and N gets more town support.
Sondam
Sondam
Goon
Sondam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:29 am

Post by Sondam »

Anyone in the group I named should know townblocks just lead to bad bad things (the thing mafia dota etc etc) so agreeing to it like...really?
~Maria
Sondam
Sondam
Goon
Sondam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:30 am

Post by Sondam »

In post 2336, Spiffeh wrote:Also Maria I have a pretty strong town read on A&N. Can you explain why you're scum reading them?
I had a tr on them pre vote phase but now I feel like there playing the "I don't really care" card so much that it feels fake to me
~Maria

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”