Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by Vecna »

At least his posts put a smile on my face, so id prefer to lynch other slot I have issues with for non-scum related reasons first. But this post will no doubt reinforce his belief im manipulating stuff.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by The DEO »

In post 2173, Vecna wrote:I dont know. Refusing to read up is super-lame regardless.
Actually, I feel relatively ok with a read on Caesar. He's refusing comment on major wagons, trying to divide the townblock, and obscuring his play. That's a policy acceptable lynch if anyone he refuses to comment on flips scum since that is NOT his normal play.
If our post is unsigned, 90+ percent it's Titus. I'm a dork that forgets to sign.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by The DEO »

I'm seeing a few different scum strategies and I'll probably wind up dividing my possibilities into tiers by strategy and expected behavior.
If our post is unsigned, 90+ percent it's Titus. I'm a dork that forgets to sign.
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Akane and Nebby »

In post 2176, The DEO wrote:
In post 2173, Vecna wrote:I dont know. Refusing to read up is super-lame regardless.
Actually, I feel relatively ok with a read on Caesar. He's refusing comment on major wagons, trying to divide the townblock, and obscuring his play. That's a policy acceptable lynch if anyone he refuses to comment on flips scum since that is NOT his normal play.
Echo

-Nebby
Hydra between Alisae and Malachite
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Fro99er »

I really think Vecna is town for that "I don't know" response.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 2179, Fro99er wrote:I really think Vecna is town for that "I don't know" response.
It just seemed completely honest, and like he's not going to force a read for one that he doesn't have.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Vecna »

My prediction is this game is going to have a significant chunk of the scum among the big townreads.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by The DEO »

In post 2181, Vecna wrote:My prediction is this game is going to have a significant chunk of the scum among the big townreads.
Which is why I am putting Math's reads at the end, and probably my own exact theory based reads when Yuri is at L-2 or something. That way Math's thoughts will be out there in case we bite the bullet and scum will not be able to discredit Math in case I'm on crazy pills and they are right. If they are wrong, they'll have the entire night phase and flips to recoordinate with. Win win.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by Vecna »

And to be fair, if Titus is scum at this point it certainly is the Magnus Opus of scumplays that puts my own performance in PYP to absolute shame, so at least thats one slot that can safely move up to the top tier of my townreads where im content ruling out trickery.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by The DEO »

In post 2183, Vecna wrote:And to be fair, if Titus is scum at this point it certainly is the Magnus Opus of scumplays that puts my own performance in PYP to absolute shame, so at least thats one slot that can safely move up to the top tier of my townreads where im content ruling out trickery.
My ego likes this. Expect Math to hate this.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I'm just gonna stop caring as much that will make me feel better
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 2185, Spiffeh wrote:I'm just gonna stop caring as much that will make me feel better
Cmon spiffeh, do you really feel that bad about a Yuri lynch?

People did engage with your Boob-read, and trust me that I did notice the huge change in playstyle as soon as the pressure became real.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by The DEO »

In post 2185, Spiffeh wrote:I'm just gonna stop caring as much that will make me feel better
Vote Yuri with that don't give a fuck, and throw it in our faces if we're wrong.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Vecna »

I mean, I understand frustration if people completely ignore you, but that does not appear to be the case at all?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by Vecna »

Why is notice not voting alongside us if he's so certain im bussing Yuri here?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Vecna »

Like he stated he sees reasons to scumread me and reasons to townread me.

He takes great offense to me shading DEO.

Why is he not sheeping DEO, or me for the townstuff I did, OR me for bussing my teammate.

Get over your emotional response if you really are town
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by The DEO »

In post 2190, Vecna wrote:Like he stated he sees reasons to scumread me and reasons to townread me.

He takes great offense to me shading DEO.

Why is he not sheeping DEO, or me for the townstuff I did, OR me for bussing my teammate.

Get over your emotional response if you really are town
This is what they need to do, but this reply comes off more as direct coaching and will likely be met with a hostile response regardless of alignment. People tend to rebel if being told straight out what to do. (I'm doing it with Spiffeh because I feel subtler approaches and cooperation didn't work, nor is he following up on why I'm acting the way I am but insisting I should keep playing the way he is).
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by Vecna »

He can ignore it all he wants, but I would like a response to the reasoning then wrt the first 3 lines.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by The DEO »

I'm going to work on my overarching theory of the gamestate and wake Math to try and get them to do the same. Is there any particular phenomenon you want me and Math to address that does
not
center on you?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Vecna »

Id like to introduce games with a different format at this site sometime;

48-72h deadlines, person with the most votes at deadline is automatically lynched.

More interesting VCA that way as well, and a ton of fun psychological aspects stepping into play when the deadline is very near.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by Vecna »

Yes, Drixx.

I have a lumbering suspicion there that probably needs to be explored or put to rest.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by The DEO »

In post 2194, Vecna wrote:Id like to introduce games with a different format at this site sometime;

48-72h deadlines, person with the most votes at deadline is automatically lynched.

More interesting VCA that way as well, and a ton of fun psychological aspects stepping into play when the deadline is very near.
Go to Sc2mafia, but avoid any game with ika and Silverwolf. DarklordPotter also has those. Mafia Universe is also the same.

sc2mafia is where Math and I started, and explains why Math feels a certain amount of pressure to get scumreads lynched rapidly and little in building blocks or town synergy. I was literally just typing that to explain Math reads.

They're mistaking your town synergy as scum synergy.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Vecna »

Is he a scum mastermind as well? Because ive been giving it thought and I think id find it trivially simple to manipulate the tree stump role as scum - and the assumption that itll get auto-sorted with investigative roles seems like very very wishfull thinking to me.
NoticeMeSenpai
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
NoticeMeSenpai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by NoticeMeSenpai »

In post 2161, The DEO wrote:
In post 2141, NoticeMeSenpai wrote:
In post 2139, The DEO wrote:
In post 2136, Fro99er wrote:Can Caesar give their royal thoughts on junior senator yuri
This.

The Vecna situation will take longer than a few moments to resolve with Math, and I want to work with them to make sure their points come across in the best way possible.

~Titus
Why are you townreading Vecna?
Long story short. Reasons.

Vote Yuri. You scumread them. You'd swing a wagon towards them. We are not voting Vecna today.

What are your reads supposing Vecna is town?
I don't scumread them half as much as I scumread Vecna.

Supposing Vecna town lessens my Yuri scumread a bit, as some of that is pre-flip strengthening my read. Still not fond of the slot's whiteknighting based off shaky grounds and buddying.
I have A&N hard town both for Alisae head's reaction testing and erratic playstyle lining up with his town meta so far and for Malachite's early game posting (this is also a meta read but one I'm confident in to the point where I don't ever intend to re-evaluate on this slot).
I need more interaction with you and MathBlade to feel comfortable with a read here. My main concern is not being able to sort Math since they're not able to post as much, since their reads have aligned with mine perfectly at times and they're not scumreading me. As far as with you, I can't understand your reads on some people at all, which isn't anything new, and you seem less hard tunnel on one slot than I was expecting to see from you as either alignment. I have you at a tentative town until I get a better feel from MathBlade and see your read adjustments as the game progresses.
Drixx is hard town, I can't see scum approaching the game as he did from the start with the blatant hard buddying of a slot known to get extremely paranoid over that.
beeboy pushing the lynchbait strikes me as off for him as I usually consider him to be really good at reading the tone of players.
Frogger I can see going either way but I'm currently thinking he might be town because I get this feeling that he'd look kinda obvtown to me as scum. I almost want to do a meta dive where I mix up the tabs so I don't know from the start which game is which to see if my theory here is true, I just haven't had the time to do so yet.

As for the others I haven't been here enough and focused on them enough to poke at them to get a good feel. I do think Spiffeh believed in his meta case of beeboy, so I'd be more inclined to say town there, and I do think he believed that anything other than a no resolution would screw us, and he probably wouldn't have needed to push that viewpoint so hard as scum, I think.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by The DEO »

In post 2195, Vecna wrote:Yes, Drixx.

I have a lumbering suspicion there that probably needs to be explored or put to rest.
Ok, that one I already indirectly handled.

Basically, Drixx is already caught if we put Stonehenge on Pyramids unless all the scum a) know they have priority and b) conspired to have both pyramids and Stonehenge... and c) there's no other role that comes up in the future that would either investigate Stonehenge or Pyramids.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”