The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:39 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 417, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 388, The DEO wrote:
In post 383, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 249, Drixx wrote:Seriously? What part of "we have a player incredible at synergizing town roles" and "closing the information gap" were unclear?
There is absolutely nothing to stop Titus (or anyone) from doing that. She's got five roles now to work with, I assume more each day. why are you acting like anyone is being denied something?
Because I'd have 10ish roles to coordinate tomorrow. The catch is, I don't have a solid plan to do that. If the neighborizer was permanent, I would. Each one is a one day long neighborizer targeting the self though.
Start with 5. (arts would make it 6.... just saying)

It doesn't state you can't neighborize the same person over and over, so just do that.
That's nerfing the neighborizer. A neighborizer works best when networking town into a masonry scum cannot infect. I have a minor plan but I need townreads before even considering it.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:39 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 421, Yuri wrote:
In post 418, Fro99er wrote:Yes, it did. When titus asked why you're defending Vecna.

I forgot about it. Thanks for bringing it up.
Post is slimy like a frog
except this is my obvtown game, so yeah.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:40 am

Post by Yuri »

Why are you townreading me for my common-sense mechanics post?
今こそ 一つに、今こそ 一つに、今こそ 一つに。。。 我らが一つに!
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:40 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 423, Maxous wrote:
In post 396, Yuri wrote:Is no one gonna point out that the {X, Y} thing is a terrible plan that still gives scum a 50% chance of hitting the PR they want to kill, and a chance to try again for 100% the next night?

Stop announcing PRs. And you also can't select two and say 'no one else take them'. That guarantees one won't get picked. And tells the scum you're either a doctor or a neighbourizer. They'll nightkill EITHER.
Just pick with your playstyle and if you miss out, try again the next day with higher priority for you.
I'm gonna townread you just for this
I'm gonna scumread you just for this
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Yuri »

In post 426, Fro99er wrote:except this is my obvtown game, so yeah.
Dude
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 429, Yuri wrote:
In post 426, Fro99er wrote:except this is my obvtown game, so yeah.
Dude
Fresh
Heil King Froggo.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I'm realizing that my biggest issue is with Science + Role Claiming + Night Action Planning

Going Science without the other two isn't as bad as it doesn't give scum the roadmap that will allow them to optimize their actions and kills.

Science by itself still gives scum an advantage imo as they have an easier way to plan which roles to take and maximizing their priority.

I also wouldn't be surprised if scum had some role that allowed them to mess with priorities but that is just speculation atm
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:42 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Bottom line: None is still the best choice
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:42 am

Post by Akane and Nebby »

But what if we don't get the role that fits our playstyle? Should both of us twiddle our thumbs because we didn't get the role that fits it? Or maybe you want scum to luck out on priority system and the entirety of town to become vanilla?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:42 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 425, The DEO wrote:
In post 249, Drixx wrote:Seriously? What part of "we have a player incredible at synergizing town roles" and "closing the information gap" were unclear?
There is absolutely nothing to stop Titus (or anyone) from doing that. She's got five roles now to work with, I assume more each day. why are you acting like anyone is being denied something?
Because I'd have 10ish roles to coordinate tomorrow. The catch is, I don't have a solid plan to do that. If the neighborizer was permanent, I would. Each one is a one day long neighborizer targeting the self though.

It doesn't state you can't neighborize the same person over and over, so just do that.
That's nerfing the neighborizer. A neighborizer works best when networking town into a masonry scum cannot infect. I have a minor plan but I need townreads before even considering it.
Then just be the treestump. Then, you can plan all you want and nobody can stop you.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:42 am

Post by Yuri »

Frog: How or where do you get the notion of responding with "this is my obvtown game". Is it like... am I supposed to know your meta so you're self-metaing at me?
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:43 am

Post by Yuri »

In post 433, Akane and Nebby wrote:But what if we don't get the role that fits our playstyle? Should both of us twiddle our thumbs because we didn't get the role that fits it? Or maybe you want scum to luck out on priority system and the entirety of town to become vanilla?
I'd say play the game like you'd play every other game where you don't roll neighbourizer.
And lol if Nahdia gave scum the highest priority to start, that'd be hilarious
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 435, Yuri wrote:Frog: How or where do you get the notion of responding with "this is my obvtown game". Is it like... am I supposed to know your meta so you're self-metaing at me?
SPIFFEH :eek:
Heil King Froggo.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:44 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 433, Akane and Nebby wrote:But what if we don't get the role that fits our playstyle? Should both of us twiddle our thumbs because we didn't get the role that fits it? Or maybe you want scum to luck out on priority system and the entirety of town to become vanilla?
In post 424, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 419, Akane and Nebby wrote:Nobody, because we won't have that role due to priority not favoring us because of you peeps.

- Akane
How do you know your priority number?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:44 am

Post by Yuri »

In post 434, PeregrineV wrote:Then just be the treestump. Then, you can plan all you want and nobody can stop you.
This has like... nothing to do w what DEO was talking about wrt town networking.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:44 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 404, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 241, Drixx wrote:Spiffeh you're better than this. Titus is absurdly good with information and if people will let her do her thing. Throwing shade on her for doing exactly what one would expect her to do as town ... not so good.
I've never known Titus to be like some scumhunting God as her information grows

She's a fine player but this has never been one of her identifiers as far as I've known.

In The Thing we all had all the information out on the table and she didn't do anything special with it that everyone else didn't figure out themselves. So I am definitely not giving scum a significant advantage in knowing what roles to cash in on or wait for because" Titus can do things with information!!!".

Your "closing the information gap" argument doesn't resonate with me. It is much easier for scum to plan things out. There are less bodies to fuck things up and they will have a PT (because they will likely get the daychat ability) solely to plan out their actions. And if the plan is for each role to go to an assigned person and force them to target what a "town-bloc contingent" decides, I will be replacing out. A public plan was exactly how the scum team in the Thing won the game and I don't have it in me to go through all the bullshit that comes with a Night Action Plan again.
Spiffeh, the night action plan is why town was in a good position to win. I guess I wasn't clear to analyze the plan, but no one should be 100% happy with any plan in existence. It's why people object that tells alignment. What people propose suggests alignment. Even twiddling thumbs and not planning is a plan. Town cannot exclusively plan. I had a rather solid townblock in that game, and I was pressing at the right points. I just died before it was all put together. You're a knockdown scumhunter, but I died before you and Tammy. I had the set of skills to counter scum that wasn't what you're used to.

I'm by my nature, a planner regardless of alignment, if invested. I'm planning to see who likes who. Who can synergize and who cannot. Winning as town is about getting a solid iron wall with accurate reads that scum cannot pierce. Sure, things should be vetted but we don't stop blocking scum because one thing went wrong before. This was a draft game when you inned. There's always going to be some mechanics discussion. If you want to tune out on that part, fine by me. Whatever role you pick, I will have an opinion on optimal use though and I'd expect you to have one too.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:45 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Yeah this isn't hard. If there's anything I've learned from my first large theme game is that a lot of large theme games are like mechanic puzzles that are best left unsolved.
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:45 am

Post by Yuri »

In post 437, Fro99er wrote:
In post 435, Yuri wrote:Frog: How or where do you get the notion of responding with "this is my obvtown game". Is it like... am I supposed to know your meta so you're self-metaing at me?
What does this MEAN
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:46 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 442, Yuri wrote:
In post 437, Fro99er wrote:
What does this MEAN
That's for me to know and you to find out post game.
Heil King Froggo.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:46 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 434, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 425, The DEO wrote:

Then just be the treestump. Then, you can plan all you want and nobody can stop you.
There's more valuable things than the sound of my own voice. [Insert laughter here]
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:47 am

Post by Yuri »

Bruh we're playing a game
now
that I'd like to win, so how about either answering my questions or acknowledging that you are a slimy slimy frog
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:47 am

Post by Akane and Nebby »

I don't, and that's the point. I don't want someone gettng a higher priority for this. Leave it to us, everyone else can disperse between other four wonders. *uses a puppy dog eyes technique*
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:48 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 445, Yuri wrote:Bruh we're playing a game
now
that I'd like to win, so how about either answering my questions or acknowledging that you are a slimy slimy frog
It's really not something I'm going to answer now.

A few people probably know why.
Heil King Froggo.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:48 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 446, Akane and Nebby wrote:I don't, and that's the point. I don't want someone gettng a higher priority for this. Leave it to us, everyone else can disperse between other four wonders. *uses a puppy dog eyes technique*
The more you do this, the more I want to take neighborizer.

Just focus on bringing us scum and then using neighborizer to the best you can, if you get it. Get the town block going, then get the shinies. Not the other way around.

~Titus
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:49 am

Post by Creature »

I don't really know what Arts, Science and None are and I don't know why None is better than Arts and Science.
Sigh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”