Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:57 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 271, Fro99er wrote:
In post 268, Vecna wrote:allready responded to this, but the entire use of treestump is to get nightkilled so that we know its coming from town.
And the alternative is drixx doesn't get killed and lives to end game, which is also good if drixx is town.
And the -perfect- cover if scum
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:59 am

Post by Yuri »

Vecna my dude it's not the perfect cover if Drixx is scum. The evidence is you
Besides, Reasonably Rational isn't usually nightkilled anyway. Is it different for Drixx on his own or something? Or maybe you haven't played with either idk
今こそ 一つに、今こそ 一つに、今こそ 一つに。。。 我らが一つに!
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:00 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

All of these Wonders just suck to be honest. Modern Era should give us better ones.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:00 am

Post by Vecna »

Ok I didnt want to post this but all the dumbasses are forcing me.

SCUM WANTS SCIENCE.

IT ALLOWS THEM TO -NOT- PICK THE SHITTY DAYCHAT. WHICH IS A WASTE. OF A SLOT

WITH SCIENCE, THEY CAN DISCUSS DURING THE NIGHT HOW THEY COORDINATE THE PICKING OF ABILITIES AND HOW TO DIVIDE THEM.

WITHOUT SCIENCE, THEY NEED DAYCHAT TO COORDINATE

picking science effectively gives scum the opportunity to pass on daychat. We WANT them to be forced to pick daychat.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:01 am

Post by Vecna »

Good luck arguing that point scumbuckets
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:01 am

Post by Fro99er »

UNVOTE:
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:02 am

Post by Yuri »

Daychat is awesome tf

Pedit Fro99er that's kind of a lame unvote
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:03 am

Post by Fro99er »

So, yeah. Vecna is town.

pedit: dgaf what you think.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:03 am

Post by Vecna »

Everyone arguing so hard why they want science probably realized this.

Main person is Drixx who is literally bringing out all the bad arguments why we need it and is trying to -shade- me and my logic hard.

How do you feel about that Titus? Ignore the parts where he is caressing your ego and all that, and look at the argument he is making and how hard he is pushing it, pretty much just forcing all kinds of nonsense together just to discredit my reasoning.
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:03 am

Post by Yuri »

Also paranoid Vecna is town.

Pedit: :C
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:04 am

Post by Akane and Nebby »

I'm staying in the bag and will talk to Akane about the subject of Science.
UNVOTE:
-Nebby
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:04 am

Post by Vecna »

Everyone still wanting science, ill have your fucking arguments for it

And then ill destroy them and you along with it.

Bring it

:good:
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:04 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 285, Akane and Nebby wrote:I'm staying in the bag and will talk to Akane about the subject of Science.
UNVOTE:
-Nebby
that's a lame unvote

;)
Heil King Froggo.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:05 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 257, Maxous wrote:Don't publicly announce what you're building pls.
There's no need to at this stage
Umm... unique circumstance for me. You need only go read Space Dandy 2 to understand. (Warning: it got STUPIDLY ABSURDLY nasty ... it's not pleasant).
In post 262, The DEO wrote:
In post 258, Akane and Nebby wrote:Titus I wouldn't be surprised if I am, but I seriously don't like the None wagon. I think I'ma talk more time to sort the people who are voting None in a bit.
-Nebby

pedit: tbh I never played with spliff before.
Spiffeh is very skilled as town. I haven't played with scum Spiffeh in awhile (if ever), but I can attest to the Spiffeh not wanting to plan is his genuine concern.

I don't mind Drixx being a treestump. It's a little suboptimal to claim it, but I can see why he did.
Confident I can OTAF and I have zero interest in rehashing SD2 territory with you. That's in line with the whole "take what's useful and leave the other shit behind" mentality. It's useful not to alienate people.

P-edit: If you respond to me with that kind of bullshit again Vecna I'll just ignore you all game. You don't know me and you're pissing up the wrong rope.

Also because you seem to not yet have realized that in mafia information = power, let me lay it out for you like you were five:

1.) Right now, scum are the informed minority. They know who they are and therefore they know who isn't them. Presuming they build the daychat wonder, they will gain the additional advantage of being able to co-ordinate in private. This should be self-evident and obvious to anyone who has EVER played mafia before, but just making sure you realize.

2.) Right now we can call the info gap something like Scum: 2 - Town: 0 -- The info they have is valuable (the entire game rests on them keeping it secret after all) and this game is designed so that power increases over time. This means we need to close that gap as quickly as possible because we don't have any necessarily baked in ways to do it. Scum are obviously going to try and take wonders that grant investigates and such, unless they're absurdly ballsy and think they won't get caught (in which case this will be a LOL win for town).

3.) It's irrelevant that scum also gain the knowledge. Town gains knowledge where we had none while scum gains no additional advantage over town. Plus we have larger numbers so we're more likely to win priority battles by making informed choices than scum are, at least in the short term (unless everyone is in a full on rush to get their wonder, which is stupid and anyone who doesn't realize why should probably ask instead of staying silent), and possibly for the entire game if we play it right. Scum 4: - Town: 2 is way better than where we're at now, and if you don't understand why or get the analogy ... I'm not sure how to help you.

P-edit 2: Team size is never a certainty. I can point out countless large themed games where team size was not as expected. The example that always makes we wary of people who are sure (which indicates they slipped or are way too cocky for the good of the town) is We Didn't Playtest This. Town lost because of bad assumptions about scum team size and composition ... and the worst part is that Plotinus replaced in and did an absurd amount of solid work and came to conclusions that would be sound if one just assumes "X game size = Y scum".

Also what Yuri said in #276. I'm analytical and arrogant and good at the late game and I'm very difficult to lynch and usually manage to keep myself questionable enough to avoid the night kill, unless I want the night kill, in which case I draw it, as I did in Inception mafia last year. I only get killed if I want to get killed, basically. The point of me taking stump and
declaring
I'm doing so is because I can then use the rest of the game to OTAF myself and help town and everyone knows from the jump what I'm doing.

If you
really
want to argue that my first move as scum would be to do the stupidest possible thing scum could do ... be my guest. Nobody who knows me is going to buy that shit though.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:07 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 288, Drixx wrote:P-edit: If you respond to me with that kind of bullshit again Vecna I'll just ignore you all game. You don't know me and you're pissing up the wrong rope.
he really didn't respond with bullshit though.
Heil King Froggo.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:08 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 278, Vecna wrote:Ok I didnt want to post this but all the dumbasses are forcing me.

SCUM WANTS SCIENCE.

IT ALLOWS THEM TO -NOT- PICK THE SHITTY DAYCHAT. WHICH IS A WASTE. OF A SLOT

WITH SCIENCE, THEY CAN DISCUSS DURING THE NIGHT HOW THEY COORDINATE THE PICKING OF ABILITIES AND HOW TO DIVIDE THEM.

WITHOUT SCIENCE, THEY NEED DAYCHAT TO COORDINATE

picking science effectively gives scum the opportunity to pass on daychat. We WANT them to be forced to pick daychat.
In post 283, Vecna wrote:Everyone arguing so hard why they want science probably realized this.

Main person is Drixx who is literally bringing out all the bad arguments why we need it and is trying to -shade- me and my logic hard.

How do you feel about that Titus? Ignore the parts where he is caressing your ego and all that, and look at the argument he is making and how hard he is pushing it, pretty much just forcing all kinds of nonsense together just to discredit my reasoning.
What kind of special are you? Are you
seriously
trying to argue that any scum team would pass on a day chat facilitator just on the HOPE that something better might be attained later in the game ... just because they can discuss what to build at night if we research science? That's your whole logical thought process?

And here I was assuming you had something actually important you were not saying and not something so completely implausible as to be absurd to even worry about.

Paranoid? No I don't think so.
TRYING TOO HARD
to look paranoid.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:09 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 289, Fro99er wrote:
In post 288, Drixx wrote:P-edit: If you respond to me with that kind of bullshit again Vecna I'll just ignore you all game. You don't know me and you're pissing up the wrong rope.
No ... I mean embedding his responses in my quote so that it's absurdly difficult to see them and respond to them on the post a reply screen. Making the game harder on someone else is a dick move, and I'll just ignore any fucker who does that to me. I ain't got time for that shit.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:09 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

You're really underestimating how dysfunctional town can be Drix.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:10 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 290, Drixx wrote:What kind of special are you? Are you seriously trying to argue that any scum team would pass on a day chat facilitator just on the HOPE that something better might be attained later in the game
That's not what he said at all.

He said if we choose science, scum will be able to see even more options. Like possibly twice as many, and then pass up day chat to coordinate at night because now they have two days worth of powers to coordinate.

He never said they were passing on day chat to hope something else later was better.
Heil King Froggo.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:11 am

Post by beeboy »

But scum literally always have day chat in large themes unless site meta changed without me knowing.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:11 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 291, Drixx wrote:
In post 289, Fro99er wrote:
No ... I mean embedding his responses in my quote so that it's absurdly difficult to see them and respond to them on the post a reply screen. Making the game harder on someone else is a dick move, and I'll just ignore any fucker who does that to me. I ain't got time for that shit.
gotcha

Vecna -- just quote and post above or below the quote, don't post your thoughts inside someone else's quote.
Heil King Froggo.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:11 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

There is way too much distrust early on for all the power we could gain to even match the fact that scum are informed.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:11 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 267, Yuri wrote:
In post 259, Leonshade wrote:The sign-up thread. It doesn't say that wonders are just regular PRs.
How does them being regular PRs over... actually, what was the alternative here? What did you think they were?
I was thinking Wonders in Civ, which mostly give passive benefits. I still expected PRs of some sort, but I wasn't really thinking about night kills, just about everyone agreeing on who gets the Wonders.

The idea was stupid but I didn't put much thought into it, my original idea was coming in here and declaring that I'm going to be practicing isolationist politics, at least my dumb idea was game-related.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Sondam
Sondam
Goon
Sondam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:12 am

Post by Sondam »

Was gonna say I didn't get a Role PM but i wasnt logged into the hydra account l0l

~G
Hydra of MariaR and gerryoat
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:12 am

Post by Yuri »

Idk I'm of the opinion scum won't pass up such a good power, daychat is really good and I doubt picking Science will mess with that.

Also this Drixx v Vecna thing is messy and based on mechanics and clashing egos and it sucks.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”