Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:40 am

Post by Vecna »

Drixx just entered the game straight at the top of my scumlist

Announcing youre going to pick Treestump? REALLY?

Its just basicly scum knowing theyll need an excuse to not be nk'd yet in the endgame announcing to the world why theyre not getting NK'd. Guys guys! The reason im still alive is because im treestump and scum doesnt want subpar nightkills! I swear its not because Im scum that planned ahead.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:41 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 246, Leonshade wrote:
In post 228, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 221, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 218, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:@PV: Yeah and 4 out of those 5 have potential to go seriously wrong.
Really? How so?
- Scum can act like they're a PR by bread crumbing or lay lowing and can trick a town who choose the doctor power to protect them
- Scum benefit if they get to neighborize someone or someone neighorizes them since they not only get information they might have not had but also get to manipulate in private
- Scum can use the cop on death to get an idea of who to kill
- Scum can try to act as vigilante bait and get the vigilante killed
These seem to be based on the idea that town is dumb. And yes, scum getting PRs is bad and town getting them is good, it's not rocket science.
In post 229, Yuri wrote:K that's a lie I do have reads. Like Leon, dude, did it really not occur to you why outing every single PR would be a bad idea? Cause normally town just thinks about that by default, and scum have nothin to fear.
I hadn't read how the wonders worked when I posted that, I was mostly thinking about build priority and stopping scummy players from getting PRs.
We've some smart players for sure but as a unit I wouldn't be surprised if we failed.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:41 am

Post by The DEO »

245 is not a problem to me. It's consistent with his mindset that science will fuck us. The optimal best option, in a lack of information position, is the one that gets the most of our townreads. I'm townreading Spiffeh's general entrance as a whole, scumhunting and trying to persuade as to what he thinks he's best. I just feel he's wrong and acting out of fear. That doesn't make him scummy though. People carry their own baggage and those who are transparent with it help.

I think you're making the same mistake that those who disagree with you are indeed scum. Sure, scum disagree sometimes, but sometimes they agree. Looking at the depth of logic tells more.

~Titus
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:41 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 250, Vecna wrote:Drixx just entered the game straight at the top of my scumlist

Announcing youre going to pick Treestump? REALLY?

Its just basicly scum knowing theyll need an excuse to not be nk'd yet in the endgame announcing to the world why theyre not getting NK'd. Guys guys! The reason im still alive is because im treestump and scum doesnt want subpar nightkills! I swear its not because Im scum that planned ahead.
Silly Vecna.

Drixx is for town.

(Sung to Trixx cereal).
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Yuri »

You read about how build priority works and that scum could get PRs, but didn't read how the wonders worked? What info were you missing?

And A&K what's the prob with 245. That's classic Spiff, and besides don't see scum being real obvs about denying town more time to discuss this when he's settled on what the "right" choice is. This isn't a lynch vote. (Which, by the way, I also sorta want to get to because voting people is the fun part)

Pedit: the quote miles
今こそ 一つに、今こそ 一つに、今こそ 一つに。。。 我らが一つに!
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Yuri »

First sentence above is to Leon
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:43 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 241, Drixx wrote:Scum will only have daychat if one of their team decides to build the wonder that allows it.
Why wouldn't they? It seems quite optimal for scum to pick daychat in a game where they would want to coordinate picking powers as well as manipulate town out of picking those powers during a day phase. The good thing is, scum won't have daychat on day 1.
That person then has to survive, which makes them easier to spot
How? Just because the player pool is narrowed from kills and claims? I guess, but I'm not sure that's a reason *for* picking science.

Wait. Since scum don't have daychat today it doesn't really let them coordinate D1 wonders even with knowledge of D2 wonders. On D2 they can coordinate based off D2 and D3, but the player pool will be much smaller so the pool will be much narrower for them to pick scum utility and evade a massclaim.

That makes me less worried about the daytalk issue.
As an added bonus, whenever the mid game mass claim arrives, that person has to lie.
And yeah, this is a good point. That adds to that.

pedit: so many pedits

UNVOTE:
VOTE: science
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:43 am

Post by Maxous »

Don't publicly announce what you're building pls.
There's no need to at this stage
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Akane and Nebby »

Titus I wouldn't be surprised if I am, but I seriously don't like the None wagon. I think I'ma talk more time to sort the people who are voting None in a bit.
-Nebby

pedit: tbh I never played with spliff before.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 254, Yuri wrote:
You read about how build priority works and that scum could get PRs, but didn't read how the wonders worked? What info were you missing?

And A&K what's the prob with 245. That's classic Spiff, and besides don't see scum being real obvs about denying town more time to discuss this when he's settled on what the "right" choice is. This isn't a lynch vote. (Which, by the way, I also sorta want to get to because voting people is the fun part)

Pedit: the quote miles
The sign-up thread. It doesn't say that wonders are just regular PRs.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:46 am

Post by Fro99er »

People getting on drixx for declaring stump intent is :|
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:46 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Leon's new avi is miles better than his old one.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:47 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 258, Akane and Nebby wrote:Titus I wouldn't be surprised if I am, but I seriously don't like the None wagon. I think I'ma talk more time to sort the people who are voting None in a bit.
-Nebby

pedit: tbh I never played with spliff before.
Spiffeh is very skilled as town. I haven't played with scum Spiffeh in awhile (if ever), but I can attest to the Spiffeh not wanting to plan is his genuine concern.

I don't mind Drixx being a treestump. It's a little suboptimal to claim it, but I can see why he did.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:47 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 241, Drixx wrote:
In post 16, Vecna wrote:Let me rephrase why science is bad for town: Scum is going to have daychat. As soon as they know what wonders come up during the next day, they have -5- persons to strategize how to obtain the most powerfull wonders for themselves.

Any vote for a resolution is a scumvote from here on out.

it is so decreed by me, vecna
Scum will only have daychat if one of their team decides to build the wonder that allows it. That person then has to survive, which makes them easier to spot (assuming we don't do the usual thing where lurkers get allowed to lurk the first few days for no fucking reason). As an added bonus, whenever the mid game mass claim arrives, that person has to lie.

And umm... limit 1 wonder per player means a scum team of
(wait ... you know it's 5???)
your indicated size will get to strategize exactly N-1 times all game (I'm assuming scum take daychat). I can see that being an advantage to them, sure, but there's way more town than scum. Further, scum are the informed minority. Sciences gives everyone extra info and thus closes the information gap. In other words ... your logic needs work.
Bolded: Oh come on, this is just ridiculous.

You seem to understand this setup better than most, and provide my viewpoint more eloquently than I could, but the people want "minimal scum power" over optimal play.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:48 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 260, Fro99er wrote:People getting on drixx for declaring stump intent is :|
It's something so easy to jump on, and shows they know nothing about drixx. Just an easy way to throw shade.
Heil King Froggo.
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:48 am

Post by Akane and Nebby »

Titus I trust you.
-Nebby
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:49 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Drix read my mind on Tree Stump honestly. I mean it's still a gamble but way less of a gamble than the other Wonders.
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:50 am

Post by Yuri »

In post 259, Leonshade wrote:The sign-up thread. It doesn't say that wonders are just regular PRs.
How does them being regular PRs over... actually, what was the alternative here? What did you think they were?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:52 am

Post by Vecna »

Scum will only have daychat if one of their team decides to build the wonder that allows it. That person then has to survive, which makes them easier to spot (assuming we don't do the usual thing where lurkers get allowed to lurk the first few days for no fucking reason). As an added bonus, whenever the mid game mass claim arrives, that person has to lie.

Someone sure has been giving a lot of thought to optimal scum picks and how to survive with them

And umm... limit 1 wonder per player means a scum team of (wait ... you know it's 5???) your indicated size will get to strategize exactly N-1 times all game (I'm assuming scum take daychat). I can see that being an advantage to them, sure, but there's way more town than scum. Further, scum are the informed minority. Sciences gives everyone extra info and thus closes the information gap. In other words ... your logic needs work.

You just directly contradicted your earlier point. So what is it, are you and your buddies gonna take it or not? Trying to signal what should or should not be done? Also youre comparing apples to oranges, scum isnt informed about what is coming so claiming town is catching up to them in this regard is nonsense. Both gain the extra advantage, scum can coordinate this advantage better, even if they do not take daychat

Finally, we have Titus in game, and once we know we can trust Titus, that's the biggest reason to advocate for more info. For anyone who isn't aware of how absurdly good she is at synergizing town roles, go mosey on over to Suikoden mafia and watch as she takes a few seemingly weak roles and gets them working together and
gets the entire fucking scum team right on day one, with no town on her scum list, except the 2-man mason team who were giving a false positive (and included me, who Titus notoriously distrusts)
. Yeah ... I'm going to say we play the odds that Titus is more likely town than not and we close the info gap.

Thanks for trying to shove your shitty logic down our throats though. Also, will be watching since that certainty of scum team size might be a slip. :eek: on you!

So you say my logic is shitty, but your entire argument why yours is better is because we should play the odds that titus isnt scum? Laughable.

VOTE: Science
In post 61, Spiffeh wrote:The fact that Titus is not acknowledging the concerns for Sciences that a few of us have raised and keeps harping on "but we could do this with these roles!!!" is concerning.
Spiffeh you're better than this. Titus is absurdly good with information and if people will let her do her thing. Throwing shade on her for doing exactly what one would expect her to do as town ... not so good.
In post 66, The DEO wrote:
In post 52, Sondam wrote:
In post 49, Spiffeh wrote:@Titus I refuse to go another game coordinating night actions unnecessarily after The Thing Mafia. The Thing was different in that everyone's role was public knowledge so it made sense to coordinate night actions and even then, scum had a pretty easy time slipping through the cracks because of every night action being public.

What you're suggesting gives scum a roadmap as to how to proceed during the night JUST like it did in that game.
I still have PTSD
~Maria
Well, that's an issue and if you feel that way, I don't think my words will stop you. It hinders my towngame to have less information, so that is why I said it is a personal choice. I still feel town coordinate better than scum if we keep asking the why factor, something that was missed in The Thing after we died.

That being said, anyone who makes an argument about scum can coordinate too is *side eye*. Of course scum can, but that reeks more of denying info to town boogeyman. Saying town sucks at coordinating is different.

If I can identify town early, I am good at optimizing us.

Yet others do not play like that as a whole.
So we're going to play sub-optimally because a couple of people screwed up in a different game with different players with different mechanics? What kind of reasoning ends up with that as an end point? Wake up sheeple ... each game is a unique entity. Take what's useful from it and leave the rest behind.

Suboptimal is adjusting our entire strategy to one person that could just as well be scum, and turn the entire idea against you.

In post 86, PeregrineV wrote:Right now, scum have to choose whether or not to pick one of the existing wonders.

Why do people want to pick science that will tell them that better scum powers are coming?
Because we outnumber scum greatly and it closes the information gap.

More semantics to try and justify a subpar option. It doesnt do anything to close the real gap since scum still know who is scum and who is town and we still dont. There is no closing of any gaps, there is just an entirely different type of information and scum can utilize it far better

In post 156, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I think the tree stump power is arguable the best one depending on who takes it.
Agreed. I am tempted to just declare I'm going to take it, as I unilaterally did in Space Dandy 2 ... but that kind of caused a shitstorm.

Intent to build tree stump wonder. Any objections?

allready responded to this, but the entire use of treestump is to get nightkilled so that we know its coming from town. That wont happen if you announce it. Only scum have reasons to announce this nonsense since it allows them a fake town-cover where they have an excuse for not getting NK'd if theyre performing properly

In post 163, Leonshade wrote:
In post 153, beeboy wrote:No wonder powers so far have been 1-shot actions either so I also don't feel like playing around that either. (Also if we see a blocked cop whoever takes a roleblocker power would obviously be conf scum.)

Also I am assuming whoever takes the treestump power is scum and will ignore them.
That's why a townie should try to take it, to block scum from getting it.
Tree stump in the hands of an engaged active town player who is good in the mid and late game is like ... crazy optimal.

Even more crazy optimal for a scum to take it and claim it

In post 198, The DEO wrote:
In post 191, Leonshade wrote:
In post 173, The DEO wrote:Yuck. The only player that should claim tomorrow is Stonehenge and Treestump. Maybe not Stonehenge.
Why should the Treestump claim? If town, the Treestump drawing the night kill would be better than anyone else.
Treestump hides flip. That's a negative utility that gets claimed. It should only go to people who we insist stay at endgame. There's only one person who has posted that I feel confident as town with that ability (not us).
Agreed. Treestump claims due to the negative utility associated with it. This isn't normal treestump where you KNOW that the person is town because they flipped and you basically have a voteless IC. Whomever stumps this game will only be as powerful as their ability to build town cohesion and earn trust. Also ... probably should be someone who is good at the end game.

The list of people who can do both of those things effectively (from among whom I've played with recently enough to be confident I know them well) isn't tremendously long.
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:52 am

Post by Yuri »

In post 266, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Drix read my mind on Tree Stump honestly. I mean it's still a gamble but way less of a gamble than the other Wonders.
Uzi could you explain your point in calling those roles a gamble again? Like what action do you want to be taken
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:52 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 263, Leonshade wrote:
In post 16, Vecna wrote:Let me rephrase why science is bad for town: Scum is going to have daychat. As soon as they know what wonders come up during the next day, they have -5- persons to strategize how to obtain the most powerfull wonders for themselves.

Any vote for a resolution is a scumvote from here on out.

it is so decreed by me, vecna

And umm... limit 1 wonder per player means a scum team of
(wait ... you know it's 5???)
your indicated size will get to strategize exactly N-1 times all game (I'm assuming scum take daychat). I can see that being an advantage to them, sure, but there's way more town than scum. Further, scum are the informed minority. Sciences gives everyone extra info and thus closes the information gap. In other words ... your logic needs work.
Bolded: Oh come on, this is just ridiculous.

You seem to understand this setup better than most, and provide my viewpoint more eloquently than I could, but the people want "minimal scum power" over optimal play.
This is unnecessarily douche-y, and I can see the viewpoint for None, but I don't agree that limiting information helps town here. Or maybe more accurately, I don't consider the advance information on Wonders a big deal anyway, as like Drixx said, scum will be picky anyway (and there's only five scum, so town will get more abilities anyway).
- Vecna
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:54 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 268, Vecna wrote:allready responded to this, but the entire use of treestump is to get nightkilled so that we know its coming from town.
And the alternative is drixx doesn't get killed and lives to end game, which is also good if drixx is town.
Heil King Froggo.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 19, The DEO wrote:First of all -- All of these could have town or scum usages. To deny a resolution simply because it has a way for scum to use it is ridiculous.

1) Sciences if scum get daychat does have the issue Vecna is proposing.
2) Arts scum could get a wonder that helps them vote differently.
3) None denies potential benefits to town because we play off fear.

Instead of looking at what scum COULD do and then trying to avoid that we should be picking the one we believe gives town the best benefit. Because all of them can be made to "look" scummy. But what matters is what is actually protown.

My two cents but I want to talk with Titus head before voting a particular way.

~~Math
Since I'm too lazy to write words I'll just say that I agree with this. I am leaning Sciences since it seems like the lowest risk.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:56 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 269, Yuri wrote:
In post 266, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Drix read my mind on Tree Stump honestly. I mean it's still a gamble but way less of a gamble than the other Wonders.
Uzi could you explain your point in calling those roles a gamble again? Like what action do you want to be taken
See .

Honestly? None. All of this is just noise.
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:57 am

Post by Yuri »

Drixx how is certainty of scum team size anything close to a slip? It's pretty normal to imagine a certain size based on the number of players. It's a point that's easy to throw shade on, same as you announcing the Tree Stump.

Pedit yeah i read 228, this noise bothers me lmao it doesn't make a lot of sense as spec and it's useless by your own admission

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”