Zekromaster [L-9]

ssbm_Kyouko [L-9]

Tywin Lannister [L-9]

Lil Uzi Vert [L-6]
Skelda, Vifam, Narna
No Lynch [L-9]

Not Voting [5]
TTTT, Pepchoninga, Harp, TheFuzzyLogic99, Zekromaster

Deadline is on 1/30 at 5:30pm EST, in (expired on 2017-01-30 17:30:00).

With 17 alive, it is nine to lynch.

V/LAs:
James3 is V/LA through Sunday.

Mod
i'm not voting LoX, also, i have question - does all night actions are affected by timeshift? Cause i saw some speculations in tread about normal nk and timeshift nk
KainTepes was voting LoX when you replaced him.
All actions, by default, go through one night after they are submitted. Previous games have had roles and/or mechanics that did not obey this rule. I cannot confirm nor deny that this game has any of said roles or mechanics.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:18 am

Post by Vifam »

What are you guys talking about
ok
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:20 am

Post by Ramcius »

welp, my bad then, and thx for answer

UNVOTE: LoX
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:21 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 526, Vifam wrote:What are you guys talking about
can you be more clear?
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:21 am

Post by Vifam »

I just meant in general like whats been going on in the last five pages
ok
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:22 am

Post by CommKnight »

Honestly, Xanth is tunneling on Pep too hard. You asked a question Pep already answered and then push a poorly built case upon him which you claim to be scum actions but I can easily see as town doing it.

Ramcius is digging his hole deeper. Why is there not a bigger wagon yet on this scum?
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:14 am

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 530, CommKnight wrote:Honestly, Xanth is tunneling on Pep too hard. You asked a question Pep already answered and then push a poorly built case upon him which you claim to be scum actions but I can easily see as town doing it.

Ramcius is digging his hole deeper. Why is there not a bigger wagon yet on this scum?
Well, I agree with you but it's a town tunnel.

This Pep push has been 100% Alisae. I don't see why he has such a hard-on for the guy.

If it were up to me, I'd be camped out on SlySly and screaming for his head.

-G
Hydra between Alisae and -Grey-
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:34 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 529, Vifam wrote:I just meant in general like whats been going on in the last five pages
I was just rereading and catching up to give my answer to TTTT and I just realized how fillery a lot of the last few pages felt. Pep/Ramcius is too genuine to be theatre I feel, I finally absorbed PerV's , which I think is a good catch but at the same time Harp appears painfully new. Join date indicates newbie or possibly an alt, but harp having no avatar points towards new. That said, Harp was using that acronym "NOC" setup so they're probably not new to mafia, just new to this site.

@Harp, what's your experience with mafia?

@TTTT, gamestate fmpov is that scum are on the outskirts right now. Mostly the same as in my 357, only with more null slots sorted. Haven't flipped any of those reads yet
In post 357, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: So far thinking SlySly, James, Tywin, Xanth, Comm, and LUV are all town. Need more from the prods, pep, zekro, harp, ramcius. Don't know what to make of Vifam or fuzzy yet. Vifam I'm
feeling
town but I don't know them or how they play and whether the things I think they may be town for are AI for them or not. Scumreads are PeregrineV and Skelda atm.
TRs on the first 6 remain unshaken. Pep and ramcius are also town I think. Fuzzy is in the lynchpool for me now with how little they're willing to post, and Vifam I still don't know what to make of. Harp is a scumlean for me now upon taking in PerV's 451. Narna my gut is telling me is town. I'd lynch within [TTTT, PerV, Skelda, Harp, Vifam, Fuzzy, Zekromaster] right now but a lot of those slots are low content and could be cut out of my lynchpool pretty easily.

I'd actually feel best about a Harp lynch after posts like these:
In post 355, Harp wrote:Alright just got caught up, can we not lynch someone for suggesting claims?

Also can we not claim in general because that's dumb af in this form of setup. If anything claims shouldn't be done till cycle 2 at the earliest since that's when results start coming in. Right now it seems like a ton of speculation and "scumslips" that could be associated as nothing but idk.
Is there any reason to vote for anyone yet
With this post there's already the analysis PerV presented, but I feel like asking the bolded alone indicates Harp isn't comfortable making his own decision about who to vote. That points to scum for me.
In post 358, Harp wrote:
In post 356, Land of Xanth wrote:@Harp
In post 317, Land of Xanth wrote:Hi Harp.
Talk to me about the videa game.

-Ali
-Ali
What do you want from my exactly? It's really hard for me to try and gain some sort of meaningful interaction despite there being 15 pages due to how its a NOC setup and the only way to get something going is a really obvious scumslip or a CC neither of which really happened I believe? If it did, mind directing me to said post(S)? Ty
This post is kinda scummy too, specifically where he asks Ali what Ali wants from him, and the excuses for not scumhunting. He again repeats himself asking for a reason to vote someone which I went over in the previous post's analysis.
In post 366, Harp wrote:
In post 359, Land of Xanth wrote:Well a good place to start would be your reads.
Tho you're concerning me that you're waiting for a scumslip for some reason...Why are you waiting for that?
Also look at
-Ali
See I find both people in said post dumb af.

There is no reason to claim cop day 1 period. There is no tangible benefit except to supposedly avoid a lynch but even then a desperation cop claim is stupid, the second thing is someone CC'd that claim. If anything. it's better to just take the 50-50 since one of them are bound to be scum.

If you're town then you're bad for painting a target on yourself for claiming cop and getting mafia to kill you.
If you're mafia then you're still bad for being the #1 target for inspects and being easily exposed.

Lose lose either way.

The CC honestly just forces a 50-50 as for who,
I don't know really so have fun there.
I think there's really poor reasoning in this post that leads Harp to a poor conclusion. This isn't scummy, but what I find wrong with this post is the very end of it where he just posits that one or the other is scum but "I don't know which, so good luck finding which one! I'll just be over here not scumhunting!" Like, it looks like a good thought process but he just trips over himself at the end, like he was trying to appear towny but his genuine scumhunting lead him to a conclusion that didn't line up with what was in line with his agenda so he forced it a bit at the end there.

VOTE: Harp

pedit: Alisae may have a hard-on for pep because of a newbie game the four of Alisae, Pep, Ramcius and I played in. They were all town and I was scum and Pep voted the Tracker in LyLo that I'd just CCed and scum won. Gamma was the tracker but he's been replaced in this game now. Should be Newbie 1764: Wind iirc
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:44 am

Post by Land of Xanth »

Ugh Harp needs more time.
And this doesn't really have to do with that game Kyouko. Plus I played TERRIBLY that game. And my reads were so off as well.
I think I could be barking up the wrong tree with this...
Also you're asking him what experience he has with Mafia AND you vote him? Wouldn't it more sense to get him to answer the question, and depending on the answer vote him afterwards?
Gonna go show my support for this again since we both SR SlySly
VOTE: SlySly
-Ali
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:54 am

Post by Zekromaster »

Can we get some non-setting based, non-meta based reasons to vote for people? As in, could you please stop acting like "this wouldn't be balanced" or "that player usually plays like that" is a sufficient reason for someone to be scum (which isn't to say it doesn't mean that player is more easily scum, just that that alone doesn't make someone scum)? We're playing Timeshift Mafia, not Game Designing, Curriculum Reading Mafia.

Comm and Pep are both guilty of this, to an extent which makes me think at least one of them simply doesn't have any reason to actively search for scum based on this game. As in, one of them
is
scum.

Yes, I'm getting this really bad habit of looking at stuff in a vacuum (in this case, discussion between my last post and now) and getting reads based on that instead of basing them on "the big picture", but I'm trying to avoid it. Also, the result of this is still something to think about.

Forcing myself to look at "the big picture", one of the players I really can't read is James. He does things so scummy he can be either completely town or the worst scum in the history of Forum Mafia. SlySly's "kill me if you want" is mostly the same, but it has a more townish "feeling" to it, while still fluctuating between "Let's just let they vote for me, if I die it's still useful information" and "Maybe this will make them think I'm town".
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

BbbbbbbbBbbbbbbbbbb
In post 215, SlySly wrote:If his claim is true and we lynched him, big deal.
I don't think I need to point out the scum motive behind this.
In post 225, SlySly wrote:Obviously, early D1 reads. Not based on much.

Town:
KainTepes - didn't read his crumb, but don't think scum be stupid enough to crumb something to get them kicked out of game
Xanth - gut
Comm - his responses to heat seemed town
Vifam - gut
Pepchoninga - gut

Murky middle:
Skelda
Uzi
Fuzzy
PerV - lurks as town early, lurks as scum early. classic PerV
James - may be the best mafia player in the world. don't care. don't need to put others down to prove it. good play will be noticed here and will speak for itself.

Scum:
Tywin - after reading Comm, Tywin seems scummy for call out of Comm
Kyouko -
1 shot cop claim seemed legit to me
. multiple one shots would make sense in large. backtrack seemed scummy to me
So the 1-shot cop claim seemed legit... but he's not townreading James, the one that claimed it.

Bullshit.
In post 233, SlySly wrote:
In post 230, Land of Xanth wrote:Sly, why are you still voting James?
I am assuming you want to PL them?
-Ali
Just making a point that players here can't always be read by classic means. I'll play scummy af and James can use all his brilliance to point out my scumminess and his greatness for spotting it, then he can watch me flip town and call my play out as bad. Mislynches happen D1 all the time and town very often finds a way to win. When I flip town, I guarantee there will be scum on my wagon. Wagon analysis, imo, is plenty valuable.

Call it PL if you must, but it really isn't.
James very well be scum
trying to hide behind the mechanics of this game. That's why he's at the bottom of my murky middle. His claim sets him up to coast to D3 and that's plenty of time for others to gain attention while he tries to slide into the shadows after he's known to be, at best, basically VT.

I'd gladly support a lynch of my current SRs or basically anyone in the murky middle, where Gamma also belongs. I realized I left him out of my reads.
He believes the one shot cop claim... yet says James can be scum.
In post 267, SlySly wrote:I'm voting James. I think he's lying scum.
He believes the claim... but James is lying scum.
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

^G
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

He was talking about my 1-shot cop claim which was a joke in the first place and says me saying it was a joke is scum backtracking. Wrong about me but not misrepping anything there. Also don't see how it's scum-indicative to say someone
can
be scum, that's towny wording, indicating he doesn't know James' alignment. Of course that's easy enough to fake so it's no reason to say he'd definitely town I just think that SR is shallow
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

@Kyouko
In post 533, Land of Xanth wrote:Also you're asking him what experience he has with Mafia AND you vote him? Wouldn't it more sense to get him to answer the question, and depending on the answer vote him afterwards?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 537, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:He was talking about my 1-shot cop claim which was a joke in the first place and says me saying it was a joke is scum backtracking. Wrong about me but not misrepping anything there. Also don't see how it's scum-indicative to say someone
can
be scum, that's towny wording, indicating he doesn't know James' alignment. Of course that's easy enough to fake so it's no reason to say he'd definitely town I just think that SR is shallow
How can his claim not be legit if yours is?

Think about it.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Tokyo, you walking back your claim only added to the credibility of James' claim.

If Sly's reads were real, he'd have believed James after you against your cc.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:37 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 539, -Grey- wrote:
In post 537, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:He was talking about my 1-shot cop claim which was a joke in the first place and says me saying it was a joke is scum backtracking. Wrong about me but not misrepping anything there. Also don't see how it's scum-indicative to say someone
can
How can his claim not be legit if yours is?

Think about it.
In post 540, -Grey- wrote:Tokyo, you walking back your claim only added to the credibility of James' claim.

If Sly's reads were real, he'd have believed James after you abandoned your cc.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Oh yeah meant to reply to that too (the question about why I voted before waiting for the answer) but I didn't like your SR worse than I didn't like that comment. That's just what I do. When I think someone's scum I vote first and ask questions later sometimes, especially when the player is nowhere near being lynched. I also wrote most of that post before rereading the recent part of the thread. I wrote this much:
In post 532, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 529, Vifam wrote:I just meant in general like whats been going on in the last five pages
I was just rereading and catching up to give my answer to TTTT and I just realized how fillery a lot of the last few pages felt. Pep/Ramcius is too genuine to be theatre I feel, I finally absorbed PerV's , which I think is a good catch but at the same time Harp appears painfully new. Join date indicates newbie or possibly an alt, but harp having no avatar points towards new.

@Harp, what's your experience with mafia?

Then went and reread to address TTTT's question. That's when I saw PerV's post about Harp that piqued my interest and then I ISOed Harp and noticed about half of their posts pinged me and then wrote my case and tacked on the "That said..." part of my post to the top half because when I read the ISO I remembered Harp was using "NOC Setup" colloquially which indicates to me he has enough experience with Mafia to make his behavior so far inexcusable by his experience alone. I still want to know his experience though, and I'll explain why after he answers, but not before because I don't want my explanation of my question to affect his answer.

As for me walking back my claim: There's the argument that Comm brought up. A 1-shot cop in a 17 player large theme is pretty weak. If there were multiple 1-shot cops it may make more sense to some from a setup spec perspective. SlySly actually cites that as part of the reason he believed the claims. I think your reading is too focused on individual posts and not taking in the whole game here. I'm all ears for a more developed SlySly case I'm just not going to sheep something that shallow anytime soon
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Like I see your reasoning and it makes sense I just think it doesn't make as much sense if you "zoom out" a bit
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 542, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:As for me walking back my claim: There's the argument that Comm brought up. A 1-shot cop in a 17 player large theme is pretty weak. If there were multiple 1-shot cops it may make more sense to some from a setup spec perspective. SlySly actually cites that as part of the reason he believed the claims.
He can't both believe the claims AND call James scum.

Even though you walked yours back doesn't mean there isn't another investigative that wasn't so stupid as to claim d1.

Sly is simply full of shit and you're swallowing every teaspoon.

-G
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by TTTT »

In recent news...
I like ssbm's
I like zekro's
something about that hydra doesn't sit right with me. Pure gut.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by TTTT »

sheeping ssbm for now
VOTE: Harp
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by SlySly »

In post 535, Land of Xanth wrote:So the 1-shot cop claim seemed legit... but he's not townreading James, the one that claimed it.

Bullshit.
I'm getting the feeling you missed this. When this post was made, I thought it was for real. Now read my list again.
In post 16, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I'm also a 1-shot cop so our roles directly conflict therefore I must destroy you
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by SlySly »

In post 544, Land of Xanth wrote:He can't both believe the claims AND call James scum.
When Kyouko claimed, I believed both. Made sense in a large. especially with delayed actions in the game. Layered investigations would make sense with the mechanic. When he backtracked, I believed neither. Caught up?
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:21 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 548, SlySly wrote:
In post 544, Land of Xanth wrote:He can't both believe the claims AND call James scum.
When Kyouko claimed, I believed both. Made sense in a large. especially with delayed actions in the game. Layered investigations would make sense with the mechanic. When he backtracked, I believed neither. Caught up?
In post 544, Land of Xanth wrote:
In post 542, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:As for me walking back my claim: There's the argument that Comm brought up. A 1-shot cop in a 17 player large theme is pretty weak. If there were multiple 1-shot cops it may make more sense to some from a setup spec perspective. SlySly actually cites that as part of the reason he believed the claims.
He can't both believe the claims AND call James scum.

Even though you walked yours back doesn't mean there isn't another investigative that wasn't so stupid as to claim d1.

Sly is simply full of shit and you're swallowing every teaspoon.

-G

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”