Newbie 1767 | Winter | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:38 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 2.04

Fredrick E Campbell
(2): Raskolnikov, lucca261
lucca261
(2): Loopdan, TheBrie
SensFan
(1): Fredrick E Campbell

Not Voting
: SensFan, Huntress, Sickofit1138
With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-01-22 06:30:00)

Notes:

lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:46 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 301, Sickofit1138 wrote:my reads for scum are lucca, sens, and Fred.... from scummiest to least scummiest
So your reads for scum are me, Sens and Fred? AKA the three people receiving votes right now? Nice of yous to replace in and post absolutely the easiest reads available.
In post 303, Sickofit1138 wrote:Lucca has been very wishywashy and his posts are all filler... and he says everyone is weird and suspicious and racted weakly to pressure. i would be most comfortable with his lynch today.
SensFan is... idk mostly a gut read here and i don't like that hammer. At all.
Fred seems to be not contributing... but i see him posting a lot it just seems as if hes background noise and filling the space. with nothing
I'll give you wishywashy. Can you point out to me where there was filler on my posts?

Worth noting that all the arguments here, even the
weird
one were also said by other people. So the guy replaces in, gives the three easiest reads possible and explains then with arguments already said by other people?
In post 305, Sickofit1138 wrote:TheBrie is also 100% town here, this is not a newb scum talking as loopdan pointed out
Can you explain why you think this?
In post 311, Loopdan wrote:@sickofit-- I knew I had a good feeling about your slot. I'm calling you up to the townbloc.

Scum is in:
Rask
Huntress
Fred
lucca
Think you are focusing too much on townreading people who only agree with you.
In post 323, TheBrie wrote:@Sickofit I'm figuring you can't see what your predecessor saw in Rask? And since you're of a different opinion, why haven't you changed your vote?

A BP shouldn't claim, because if there is a BP, there could be a jailkeeper who could have blocked the Mafia. And doctors almost never want to claim.

@Loopdan you put Rask as backup town then a little later said Rask was more likely scummy. I admit I'm uncertain on Rask too, but could you explain that? Also where is your town read on Sensfan coming from?

Lucca is now seeming more scummy than Huntress.
VOTE: Lucca
Why should Sickofit see what his predecessor saw in Rasko? How is he going to answer that?

Other than that, like this post. Seems like Brie is trying to ask the right questions.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:50 am

Post by lucca261 »

VOTE: Sickofit

Confortable with voting him with this entrance. It's the scummiest thing that happened all game.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

Oh it's on. Prepare for your world to be rocked.
Always ask for consent before hopping on someone's wagon.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 296, Loopdan wrote:@Sens & @Brie -- Let's townbloc this for the win. Requesting more votes on lucca.

@Rask & @Sickofit -- You are the backup townbloc. Be prepared to be called up if the situation deteriorates.

@Huntress, @Fred, @Lucca -- sry fam
Townblocks, especially where there's no solid information, tend to be either led by or include scum, which I think is very likely the case with this one.
In post 306, Sickofit1138 wrote:why was there a no-kill? If there was a bulletproof that was hit please claim.
A BP isn't told if they've been hit.
In post 307, Sickofit1138 wrote:If there is a doctor in this setup what are the advantages/disadvantages of them claiming?
The obvious one is that they get killed. But that's better than getting lynched.
In post 315, Sickofit1138 wrote:I mean I understand doctor not claiming would be good but why not BP? Waiting for L-1 to claim BP does nothing.
Mainly because scum won't know why their kill failed, so can't be sure what will happen next time. If a BP claims they will know what the setup is.
In post 311, Loopdan wrote:@Huntress - In your role as IC, would you mind explaining optimal town play regarding town PR claims?
I don't think there is a set answer to this. It very much depends on what information the PR's have, or can deduce, and only they can make that decision. Size and type of game feeds into it too. The danger of leaving it until mylo/lylo is that there's little or no risk in scum counterclaiming, or even pre-empting the claim, but claiming earlier has its disadvantages too. A cop, for example, is very unlikely to get another result. And then there're all the pros and cons of mass-claim. I think this is a subject best raised in the discussion forum after the game where the strategists can weigh in on it.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 292, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:What was so weird about Loopdan's question about SensFan's vote?
It seemed odd that Loop would even follow it up let alone pursue a discussion about it. What reason do you see for Loop doing that?

@ Mod: Re: the last VC - Sickofit1138 is voting Raskolnikov.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

Actually I need to change that. Thanks for reminding me.
VOTE: lucca
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:43 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

Hmm I always assumed BP was told if he was hit or not. My bad.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

In post 324, lucca261 wrote:
In post 283, SensFan wrote:lucca and huntress have been the two that have stood out to me as particularly scummy in the early parts of today. Huntress in particular seems super eager to put all of a D1 lynch on one person, and has been around the block way too much to seriously think that 'one time someone did this thing and was Scum' is at all relevant.

TheBrie is super raw, which is making it hard for me to read her. For now I think I'm willing to put her in the Town pile until a bit later, but plan on looking back at her stances on people when we get more flips. I think she's the least likely to have been able to look natural as Scum looking back in hindsight on stuff like a Scum wagon.

Loopdan and I seem to naturally be on the same page on most/all issues, which makes me inclined he's looking at the game sincerely.

I don't feel like I have a good grasp on Fred/Selynee/Rask right now, though I should go back. I feel like I remember finding Fred suspicious on D1 and I'm not sure why.
Don't like this post. You have zero substance reads, save for Loopdan.

So you have four null reads, Loopdan as town, me as scum without explaining it and Huntress as scum because she put the hammer exclusively on you? You explain the total of two reads. All the other ones are unexplained.

This "readslist" feels like you are trying too hard to make your options open. If you need to ever vote one of your four null votes, by this, you can just say "Hey, I re-read then and they're scum".
Btw this is scum distancing from their partner when I called them out.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

In post 276, TheBrie wrote:What's been so hard about this game? I'm finding it getting a bit harder now that every one seems to be cross-voting. but before it didn't seem bad.
lucca261 wrote:knew it was coming.

finally somebody votes me. was starting to get lonely.
That sounds like you're trying to laugh your vote off. As if it's not a big deal. Not that it is very big yet.
In post 275, lucca261 wrote: I never said that Huntress was scum. I said that I was thinking that maybe the only scum vote on that wagon was Huntress.
I think I know what you means, but that sounds rather contradictory.

Reads now:
Loopdan, likely town
Selynee, likely town, but not as strongly as before
Fred, null. He hasn't said enough for me to read him, but my gut says not scum
Rask, sounds town, but I'm not sure.
Sensfan, Null. leaning slightly town
Huntress, slightly scummy and I don't see any reason to shift my vote.
Lucca, leaning slightly scummy
@Lucca

Reread this and tell me that this is coming from someone's first game and they are scum.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

In post 327, lucca261 wrote:VOTE: Sickofit

Confortable with voting him with this entrance. It's the scummiest thing that happened all game.

This is a terrible OMGUS.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 330, Huntress wrote:@ Mod: Re: the last VC - Sickofit1138 is voting Raskolnikov.
I reset the vote upon replacement. Sorry for not pointing that out. The VC is accurate, and I will make a note in the first VC after the replacement.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Post by SensFan »

In post 333, Sickofit1138 wrote:
In post 283, SensFan wrote:lucca and huntress have been the two that have stood out to me as particularly scummy in the early parts of today. Huntress in particular seems super eager to put all of a D1 lynch on one person, and has been around the block way too much to seriously think that 'one time someone did this thing and was Scum' is at all relevant.

TheBrie is super raw, which is making it hard for me to read her. For now I think I'm willing to put her in the Town pile until a bit later, but plan on looking back at her stances on people when we get more flips. I think she's the least likely to have been able to look natural as Scum looking back in hindsight on stuff like a Scum wagon.

Loopdan and I seem to naturally be on the same page on most/all issues, which makes me inclined he's looking at the game sincerely.

I don't feel like I have a good grasp on Fred/Selynee/Rask right now, though I should go back. I feel like I remember finding Fred suspicious on D1 and I'm not sure why.

So you have four null reads, Loopdan as town, me as scum without explaining it and Huntress as scum because she put the hammer exclusively on you? You explain the total of two reads. All the other ones are unexplained.

This "readslist" feels like you are trying too hard to make your options open. If you need to ever vote one of your four null votes, by this, you can just say "Hey, I re-read then and they're scum".
Posts like this are what make me throw out all the stuff you've said that looked reasonable.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

In post 337, SensFan wrote:
In post 333, Sickofit1138 wrote:

Posts like this are what make me throw out all the stuff you've said that looked reasonable.
Why would you do that?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Post by SensFan »

Because it's an atrocious post in which I can't find a single possible Town motive for you.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

Lolol
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

Lucca and sens are the scumteam. Thank me later.

Let's toy with this. Sens what's your full read on lucca?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by SensFan »

In post 304, Sickofit1138 wrote:
In post 302, SensFan wrote:Sickofit: Your top two scumreads are lucca and I? Is that a scumpairing in your mind, or mutually exclusive?
individual scumreads im not doing accosiatives quite yet.
In post 314, Sickofit1138 wrote:
In post 312, SensFan wrote:
In post 302, SensFan wrote:Sickofit: Your top two scumreads are lucca and I? Is that a scumpairing in your mind, or mutually exclusive?
individual scumreads
im not doing accosiatives quite yet.
If I flipped Scum, would that make lucca look more or less likely to be Scum?
If lucca flipped Scum, would that make me look more or less likely to be Scum?
In post 321, Sickofit1138 wrote:
In post 316, SensFan wrote:
In post 314, Sickofit1138 wrote:
In post 312, SensFan wrote:
individual scumreads
im not doing accosiatives quite yet.
If I flipped Scum, would that make lucca look more or less likely to be Scum?
If lucca flipped Scum, would that make me look more or less likely to be Scum?
I'm not asking you to associate two people who are alive and you don't know their roles.

Assume I get modkilled right now and flip Scum. You know 100% I was Scum this game. What would your thoughts on lucca be?
Likewise for if lucca got modkilled and flipped. Scum. What would your thoughts on me be?

I don't see anything that makes you likely buddies or unlikely buddies.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

I asked what YOUR read on lucca is.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by SensFan »

In post 341, Sickofit1138 wrote:Lucca and sens are the scumteam. Thank me later.

Let's toy with this. Sens what's your full read on lucca?
Leaning Scum, but still unsure if it's a bias from knowing he's been on my ass and wrong for the better part of two days.

Which brings me to my next point. He's been on my ass for the better part of two days. This isn't a 'reaction' to you calling us your most likely scumpair.

p-edit: I know. Just wanted to remind everyone how full of shit you are, suddenly calling out a scumpairing due to what you call bussing.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

I called it distancing.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Post by SensFan »

Whatever. Call it what you want. It doesn't jive with you not being willing to commit to associative tells, or whatever you called it.

All of a sudden, a page or two later, not only are you willing to commit to two people being Scum, but do it for blatantly fabricated and false reasoning? Do you have such a high measure of self-importance that you take credit for something that's been happening well before you showed up?
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:38 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

My point is that he's doing this weak push on you but not really pushing it or even accompanying with a vote. But when I come up and push him he immediately bites me back saying I'm full of shit. He then goes back to thigs weak shade throwing on you and when I call out a scumteam of lucca and you YOU start discrediting me for something I quoted HIM on. Do you see what I mean here?
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

More discrediting. I said that cuz I literally just finished skimming through the game? I've went over it again and am more comfortable where I stand. I AM a replacement yeah?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by SensFan »

I'm discrediting you because:
1) You claim that he's distancing with me as a result of you labeling us both scum when he's been doing it way before you showed up.
2) You went out of your way earlier to tell me you weren't interested in any sort of tells of association to the point that when I asked what your response would be *to knowing my alignment* you still told me you weren't going to speculate on associative tells. And now suddenly you're sure you caught two scum distancing?

It doesn't make sense, and isn't consistent.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”