rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by rb »

In post 1311, Debi wrote:I'd like to change my vote to Gin
VOTE: Gin-n-Tonic

Also Human,
'So why did you react so emotionally to my scumread with what you perceive as shoddy reasoning compared to some light memeing with RB who has a scumread based on practically no reasoning?'
Anybody would defend themselves if somebody claims somebody as scum, not reacting is wierd.
WHY?
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 1327, Debi wrote:
In post 1314, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
In post 1311, Debi wrote:I'd like to change my vote to Gin
VOTE: Gin-n-Tonic

Also Human,
'So why did you react so emotionally to my scumread with what you perceive as shoddy reasoning compared to some light memeing with RB who has a scumread based on practically no reasoning?'
Anybody would defend themselves if somebody claims somebody as scum, not reacting is wierd.

If I'm correct, you're the 6th or 7th vote on me so at this point it's no longer pressure voting. Give reasoning because, going under the pretense that you are town, you want to be able to clearly say why you thought player C was scummy enough for a vote instead of someone being able to misrepresent what you thought was scummy about me.
Before I go into detail, I'd like to thank you, for your extra reasoning you provided me.
'At this point it's a game, if RB reads me as town, I win, and he knows that.'
Am I genuinely the only person getting a scum read from this or not?
The only person that gets a scum read from it is one that doesn't understand the concept of humour. I provided the link showing the exact reference and I talked to HS about it, and these forums have a Preview Edit thing so you should have read that before you posted this.
In post 1327, Debi wrote: So let me get this right, if the person who stemmed all of the arguments against you admits that you're town, then you win?
This is actually a false question because RB never set up any arguments for me.
In post 1327, Debi wrote: First of all, for somebody to stem an entire argument against somebody, they have to think they are scum, or just think they are suspicious, or the like. So he obviously doesn't think you are town, that's absurd.
If you can point out where RB laid out a case against me, this statement would have validity but there isn't.
In post 1327, Debi wrote: Also why would you win? I assume it is because you are Scum.
Now, I'd win because the seething hatred RB has for me is palpable but to hear him admit I'm town is going to be sweet music to my ears. It's more like a personal thing I have with RB now.
In post 1327, Debi wrote: What would the point in you being town, and being confirmed town be? All right, so 1 person thinks you are town, alright, so what about the other 17?
This should help answer the above question. The reason that this isn't scum motivated is due to the fact, although I'll admit you believe in the impossible, if RB town reads me instead of saying I'm scum, it still doesn't change anyone else's perspectives.
In post 1327, Debi wrote: If 1 person thinks that you are town, big deal, the other people voting for you will still think you are Scum. So you won't win in the slightest way. There will still be people voting for you. The only way for you to win, is if the entire Scum faction were voting for you, and all of them instantly unvoted as RB unvoted. Which I find to be really unlikely, as many of the people voting for you have different reasons to vote you, yes they do stem from the discussion you and RB originally had, but they still have slightly altering opinions.
At this point in your post, I seriously think you misunderstood that by "winning" I don't mean winning the game, it's just a thing between RB and I.
In post 1327, Debi wrote: The only other way that you can win, is if you are Scum. If you are Scum, you will obviously quote on quote 'win', as the less people who think you are Scum, the more likely you are to win.
Let's say RB is also Scum, the people who think RB is Scum, will immediately turn onto you, making it seem like he's trying to make a Scum member seem innocent.
The people who think RB is town, won't turn on you, as 'why would a town purposely call another town a Scum?.

Due to this, I'm 99% certain you are Scum now.
This is where I stopped taking you seriously and I doubt I'll continue until you shape up. This argument is invalid considering RB is...ya know...IC :facepalm:
In post 1327, Debi wrote: However, as to before my post, this is why:
'Well if you think I'm scum because of my town then you don't have a solid grasp on my personality lmfao. '
I don't know about anybody else. I think this is very Scum based. Of course you want to defend yourself, but this is way too far-fetched. You want us to believe you are town, yet you provide no reasoning at all, other than 'then you don't have a solid grasp on my personality'. This seems far too desperate, far far too desperate. The worse thing is the 'lmfao'. You are saying about your personality, yet this is the only time I've saw you say 'lmfao', or similar, in a serious context.
You'd have a point here until HS and I came to the conclusion that we were misunderstanding each other and took the time to solve the issue at hand. It's starting to become evident and rather annoying to the point I'm thinking it's scummy that you use impossible scenarios and hypotheticals that are either answered if you read the thread or so far out there that their only use is to fit the narrative that you try to push.
In post 1327, Debi wrote: Want to know something which makes this much worse? 'I'll get serious when I get off work'..... What!? 'I'll get serious when I get off work'. Am I the only person who interprets this as being a cover-up, as if you are trying to say 'Ignore everything which happened recently, I'm obviously not trying at the moment'. If not, and you really are in work, then you are a hypocrite. You have been making out that you take the game really seriously, and that you are a very serious person, who gets their priorities in order. Which makes 0 sense, if you take the game seriously, why would you not take it seriously, when pressured especially, and when you are in work. And if you take important things more seriously, then why on earth are you playing whilst in work!?

VOTE: Gin
Guilty till proven otherwise.
This again is you pushing something that's a misrepresentation to fit your narrative in order to justify a vote.

What happened is I went away for an hour, read Zach's post and made a joke that he played along with. It's called having fun and that's actually one of the most important things to have when playing Mafia. Also if you say I'm serious this entire thread and it doesn't make sense that I'd produce humorous content, may I refer to you to the multitude of memes and name pun's of posted/made relating to this game?

Oh and you're right tho about IRL matters that I should be focusing a lot of my time at work to working but...

#PowerOutageAtALab Can't run experiments on the HPLC when there isn't any power lmao
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Also any questions comments you'd like to make, please ask them in the next 20-30 minutes because after that, I'm going to go hide in a hole until I finish my reads lists with details
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1352, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Also any questions comments you'd like to make, please ask them in the next 20-30 minutes because after that, I'm going to go hide in a hole until I finish my reads lists with details
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 455, Pine wrote: I'm recently kind of coming around to the notion that long days, especially D1s, are completely counterproductive
absolutely true, and with different games different amounts of time
are
warranted and completely acceptable - sometimes all you need are 5 days in a 19p D1 to make a healthy lynch. It doesn't HAVE TO BE SCUM, it has to be a good D1 lynch. Is it? then do it, if not, then keep searching. stop jumping off of wagons out of fear of being wrong!!! especially on D1 (for fear of making an ass of yourself or whatever - ego needs to GO.) Find comfort in likely scum, vote it.

be less concerned with wagon speed or viable wagons, (yes, be aware of it, but again, don't fear it) and more concerned with voting likely scum, if you are voting who you think is most likely scum and you know your fellow townies are doing the same, the rest will sort itself, but youhave to do those things first

I'm not even halfway through all of this shit and I can tell it is just alll wayyyy too much unnecessary clutter that is making it all harder for town, and that is exactly what scum want, of course, especially since they probably were under heat.

anyway, I was going to spend a couple hours reading more and doing one of my lovely catchup WOTs, but I am actually too worn for it tonight and I need to just go fall asleep - perhaps I'll wake up at 5am with a handful of free hours and do it, I'm sure you're all aching for it and you're unable to function properly without it, so I'll really try hard to get it to you ASAP
balance among all things
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:59 pm

In post 1353, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1352, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Also any questions comments you'd like to make, please ask them in the next 20-30 minutes because after that, I'm going to go hide in a hole until I finish my reads lists with details
11 meters/sec
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1355, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
11 meters/sec
Scum response.

Town would have asked, "African swallow or European swallow?"
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1356, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1355, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
11 meters/sec
Scum response.

Town would have asked, "African swallow or European swallow?"
When Suddenly the host suffered a major heart attack. The scum peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue.
GTKAS
| here.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by EchoVision »

fucks sake i hate reading, anyone know the price for a gallon of bleach idk if i have enough
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by Alisae »

Echo grow a pair and go through it or replace out.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by Alisae »

Also @Debi rb is confirmed Town.
Leaving this here because Debi probably didn't see it.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1360, Alisae wrote:Also @Debi rb is confirmed Town.
Leaving this here because Debi probably didn't see it.
If you need proof to back this up just ISO the mod.
GTKAS
| here.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:33 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1190, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1169, Ircher wrote:
In post 1138, Gamma Emerald wrote:You, know what, given the present info, Debi is obvtown now. She would not have stated 9 scum if she knew how many scum there were.
Hooray for derptown.
What??? Could be derpscum as well. Null.
If she were scum she very likely would have given a realistic scumteam size.
No, that is the essence of WIFOM and a logical fallancy.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1195, Zachstralkita wrote:since rb flipped IC you've been
very
quiet about his scumread on you. (It's still there)

s/o mhs by the way, that has to be an assload of work to link the fucking votes to where they actually happened
(It's really less work han you think... Still a nice feature though)
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1209, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Actually, I really love this question. Tell me the scum motivation in wanting everyone to contribute?

Also tell me the pro-town agenda with allowing lurkers to continue playing throughout the game?

Let me tell you exactly why, as scum, lurkers are your best friend. It's because those slots don't do anything, and when it gets close to the middle-end game, you can easily slam lurkers for mislynches because they just don't defend well or slow play to hide under the radar while TvT argue all game.

The best strategy in a large is to kill the loudest voices and leave the quietest alive. When town is full of quiet people, the scum voice is strong and town won't be able to communicate effectively to figure out the truth and bam you have a win.

I honestly don't see any logical reasoning as to the benefit of allowing people to just be part of the game and spectate. You give them a free pass because they don't contribute and that's just horse shit reasoning for any defense on a player.
Really feels like you contradict yourself every sentence. Please rewrite this less ambiguously.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1218, SlickDilinger wrote:In reply to a few other questions/comments from before:

Yes it's been a while since I've played a game. My style here is different from the past; I'm trying to apply some lessons from playing the game since last visiting this forum.

Regarding reads, I'll try and contribute more as they come, but I really do find that day two is when things make sense for me. Day one seems to be a lot of big egos duking it out while scum hunting. That's cool, but I'm just not going to end up being one of big egos. That said, Drealmerz7's first post rubbed me the wrong way with his atypical eagerness, but I've appreciated his further comments since then so I am going to change my vote to reflect this tentatively. Alisae seems to be pretty about shooting first and then not worrying about asking questions, but that can be a strategy. However, I'm ultimately swayed by Zachstralkita's argument and position regarding TheRealGin-N-Tonic so I will support it.

VOTE: TheRealGin-N-Tonic

I know this might not be a lot to offer while there is a wagon gathering for me, but that's what I've got. If I'm knocked out during Day 1, I accept that as a part of establishing culture and trimming incompatible players during the early game, even if they are townies.
Clarify something for me: has Drealmerz actually made more than 1 post? Quote it for me please.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1222, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1205, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:why would I 180 my read on Alisae when she's easy to lynch if I was scum?
Just want to point out that Alisae is easy to scumread but not easy to lynch.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:48 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1235, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
In post 1232, Human Sequencer wrote:zach is town, rb is town, and they're both pretty on-ball. gin himself is getting looked at right now

Ummm, when was Zach confirmed town?
In post 1236, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
In post 513, Human Sequencer wrote:Zachstralkita - literally nothing
This is what your entire ISO had to say about Zach, so what do you know that I dont?
While semantic in nature, these are valid questions.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1256, Creature wrote:I think it would be ideal to lynch the lurkers early.
1. If we leave them alive and they're scum, town will forget about them.
2. If we leave them alive and they're town, when it's something like MyLo or LyLo, scum has a giant power.
3. They aren't contributing anyway, while the most active players are more clear about their thought process.
4. Who said they don't give info? We can see who was trying to lynch All Alone but not SlickDinger, etc.
I can get behind this. I used to have a lynch-all-lurkers policy!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1279, rb wrote:free townpoints to whoever says, "rb is the best player in the universe"
rb is the best player in the universe
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1291, rb wrote:y everyone hate drealmerz?
Cuz he was excited for the thread yet is lurking big-time.
VOTE: Drealm
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

Ircher, is it a problem that I have so many people I want to have rope Day 1?
If only we had a vig.
GTKAS
| here.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1328, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:How many people here besides Ircher thinks RB is scum?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JdMDi0aaHv8

Also watch that, this is exactly how I feel about RB and I's relationship. Of course, RB is playing Vegeta. You'll also completely understand my reference because its almost a direct quote lmao
Hey, thanks for misrepping me, even if this is a joke. I already explained my behavior concerning that.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1333, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1278, rb wrote:Hi Human Sequencer, what are your top4 lynch choices?

Hi Creature, what are your top4 lynch choices?

Hi Lil Uzi Vert, what are your top4 lynch choices?

Thanks townblock, we are going to win this gaem.
SlickDinger
Gin
Ircher
Gamma Emerald
In post 1283, Creature wrote:
In post 1278, rb wrote:Hi Creature, what are your top4 lynch choices?
drealmerz7
SlickDinger
All Alone
Gamma Emerald

If you don't want total lurkers:

ssbm_Kyouko
Pine
Zachstralkita
Dunnstral

Everybody but -Grey- I'm decent to strongly townreading.
Why Zach and Dunn?
Wait, why and when did you scumread me?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1347, Gamma Emerald wrote:No
Still on page eight, rl and other things got in the way
Catch up and do it at a faster pace.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”