Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1198, Alisae wrote:What about it confuses you Gamma?
I like the words coming out of people's mouths that are saying that Gin is scum.
Your thoughts on the slick wagon are disorganized.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by Alisae »

Dunn, you're ISO is starting to grow on me.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by Alisae »

Oh! I see where you might be confused. Let me rephrase and edit real quickly.
In post 1196, Alisae wrote:I also hate how quickly the Slick wagon rose.
Yes I don't like the wagon, but
I don't like how Uzi, Gin, and Creature jumped on that shit right away.
GTKAS
| here.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 1194, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 1192, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:You are literally being asinine if you can't propel your argument forward when asked a simple question.

Grow the fuck up and stop thinking people are mind readers and give context so people can actually follow what you're thinking.

I've ignored your slot because I saw you and Pine as opposing forces and was against Pine, but that's pretty narrow-minded.

Actually analyzing you leads to the conclusion that you don't really care to find scum.

If we refer to when you start making votes, it really sucks. You mention Wraith in #241 with a vote, label his push opportunistic, but do not do anything else with it.

Interestingly enough, you don't really interact with Wraith after that. But his posts must have been good, because you've changed your stance to a townread as of late. I should think you'd have.. one or two direct interactions with him between point A and point B... but none at all. "I like [x player]" is really convenient. Really, really convenient.

Your next vote is on Alisae. I've illustrated prior why this wagon is shit and I can take all the things that I said about Pine and rb and apply them to your push without doing unnecessary leg work here.

However your presence on this wagon is important because of its dynamic.

You have your town pushing Alisae because he's lynchbait. You have sensible people defending Alisae because we can see he's lynchbait. You have those who are uncertain. You have those who say we can do without him. Then you have the scum who can just as easily join the wagon and not be differentiated from town because the arguments to lynch said lynchbait are the same simple bullshit reasons, but if you say them with enough conviction like you do, no one is going to look at you twice. Town is easily distracted. They've other shiny things they can focus their attention on.

However looking at your arguments with him, you've managed to craftily misrepresent everything he says in response to you to make him look bad, when all this tells us is you don't care about new information because you have a fixed read or because it doesn't matter to you because all you need is something to push.

Your votes change and stuff and ...eh.. I'm inclined to agree with AA about your reads.

Speaking of AA, your approach to him was entirely plastic.
In post 1089, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote: If I'm being honest, I feel like I'm starting to tunnel you and Im actually going to agree that any further arguing is arguing for the sake of it. Sorry not sorry but I can't get a full read on you based on your opinion of just one player

But somehow you can get a scumread on Slick based on his opinion of.... no players...? Your vote there was terrible. Your vote's still there. It's terrible. This statement is as well.

Anyone can ask questions. Scum does it a lot. It doesn't really mean anything because there's always something to ask about.

All your scumhunting has been the jack of all trades, master of none sort. It takes up space, looks good, but at large accomplishes nothing and town can siphon nothing from your efforts because it's all for show.

When pushed by or negatively engaged with anyone, you turn to a hardass as if you can strong-arm your way out of every conceivable situation. It can only take you so far.

If you say I'm still pushing for an Alisae lynch, that's a strawman argument. Nice paragraph but it crumbles if you're accusing me of still pushing her.

The difference between AA and Slick is quite simple. One is putting in leg work and AA's arguments are justifiable while Slick has admitted to not wanting to contribute or put in his input. That's a scum claim in my book.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:05 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 1203, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:

If you say I'm still pushing for an Alisae lynch, that's a strawman argument. Nice paragraph but it crumbles if you're accusing me of still pushing her.

Not remotely what I said at all, can't fault you for trying though.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
The difference between AA and Slick is quite simple. One is putting in leg work and AA's arguments are justifiable while Slick has admitted to not wanting to contribute or put in his input. That's a scum claim in my book.
Misrep. You have simply taken Slick's 1065 and made it fit your narrative.

When you say he's admitted to "not wanting to contribute or put in his input" you've conveniently left out the part where he says he's absent because he feels there are stronger personalities scum hunting.

It's a misrep of his intentions. We have no way of knowing if they're malicious or not but you've portrayed them as such by default, which is a simple generalization.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:26 pm

In post 1204, Zachstralkita wrote:

In post 1194, Zachstralkita wrote:You have your town pushing Alisae because he's lynchbait. You have sensible people defending Alisae because we can see he's lynchbait. You have those who are uncertain. You have those who say we can do without him. Then you have the scum who can just as easily join the wagon and not be differentiated from town because the arguments to lynch said lynchbait are the same simple bullshit reasons,
but if you say them with enough conviction like you do
, no one is going to look at you twice. Town is easily distracted. They've other shiny things they can focus their attention on.

You just accused me here. Also tell me this, why would I 180 my read on Alisae when she's easy to lynch if I was scum? the best way I can get you to understand my read on Alisae is to think of Creeps from the Hunger Games.

What is the benefit, as scum, does one get from defending such an easy lynch?
Misrep. You have simply taken Slick's 1065 and made it fit your narrative.

When you say he's admitted to "not wanting to contribute or put in his input" you've conveniently left out the part where he says he's absent because he feels there are stronger personalities scum hunting.

It's a misrep of his intentions. We have no way of knowing if they're malicious or not but you've portrayed them as such by default, which is a simple generalization.
In post 1155, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
In post 1065, SlickDilinger wrote:Thanks for the prod reminder, I’m here.
Only been trying to watch things unfold.
Within this space it seems like there are already lots of strong personalities scum-hunting,
so I don’t want to get in the way.

Not planning to change my vote until I’m more confident about it; I like drealmerz7’s work based on seeing more of his analysis and posts, but I don’t often have strong reads during day ones.
Do you expect me to not vote this?

VOTE: Slick
Please defend a town!Slick saying the bolded. You have a huge problem with me with the bolded:
All your scumhunting
has been the jack of all trades, master of none sort. It takes up space, looks good, but at large
accomplishes nothing
and
town can siphon nothing from your efforts
because it's all for show.
So if you have a problem with a player not accomplishing anything, then it would be hypocritical to say Slick was town for doing nothing.

It would again be hypocritical to say you're voting me because town can get nothing from my posts but not accuse Slick of not having anything "town can siphon from [his] efforts"
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1201, Alisae wrote:Dunn, you're ISO is starting to grow on me.
Why?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Post by Alisae »

You're asking good questions.
GTKAS
| here.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Zach just stop
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:33 pm

Actually, I really love this question. Tell me the scum motivation in wanting everyone to contribute?

Also tell me the pro-town agenda with allowing lurkers to continue playing throughout the game?

Let me tell you exactly why, as scum, lurkers are your best friend. It's because those slots don't do anything, and when it gets close to the middle-end game, you can easily slam lurkers for mislynches because they just don't defend well or slow play to hide under the radar while TvT argue all game.

The best strategy in a large is to kill the loudest voices and leave the quietest alive. When town is full of quiet people, the scum voice is strong and town won't be able to communicate effectively to figure out the truth and bam you have a win.

I honestly don't see any logical reasoning as to the benefit of allowing people to just be part of the game and spectate. You give them a free pass because they don't contribute and that's just horse shit reasoning for any defense on a player.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 1205, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:

In post 1194, Zachstralkita wrote:You have your town pushing Alisae because he's lynchbait. You have sensible people defending Alisae because we can see he's lynchbait. You have those who are uncertain. You have those who say we can do without him. Then you have the scum who can just as easily join the wagon and not be differentiated from town because the arguments to lynch said lynchbait are the same simple bullshit reasons,
, no one is going to look at you twice. Town is easily distracted. They've other shiny things they can focus their attention on.

You just accused me here. Also tell me this, why would I 180 my read on Alisae when she's easy to lynch if I was scum? the best way I can get you to understand my read on Alisae is to think of Creeps from the Hunger Games.

No, you said I accused you of still pushing an Alisae lynch.

And I did not do that. I talked about your votes and when I talked about the Alisae vote I talked about the Alisae wagon.

I've already answered your second question. Town defend lynches like that the same way. It's simple.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote: When you say he's admitted to "not wanting to contribute or put in his input" you've conveniently left out the part where he says he's absent because he feels there are stronger personalities scum hunting.

Please defend a town!Slick saying the bolded. You have a huge problem with me with the bolded:
All your scumhunting
has been the jack of all trades, master of none sort. It takes up space, looks good, but at large
accomplishes nothing
and
So if you have a problem with a player not accomplishing anything, then it would be hypocritical to say Slick was town for doing nothing.

It would again be hypocritical to say you're voting me because town can get nothing from my posts but not accuse Slick of not having anything "town can siphon from [his] efforts"

It's very disingenuous to imply that I should be applying the same argument to that slot as I am to yours. Anyone can see why.

The only purpose it serves you to do something like that is to detract from my argument and not actually address it, which is what you've attempted to do here.

For one, I'm fine with him lurking at the moment because I don't believe he intends to cause harm and we have bigger fish to fry. There's no real reason for me to have to judge his slot the same as your slot considering the stark differences both of you have and the way the gamestate has progressed.

A lurker lynch Day 1 of all places is piss poor. We have so much more shit to go off of.

You're only using this as a pivotal point of your argument because you're trying to discredit me.

Dunnstral wrote:Zach just stop
Fuck

off
TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Actually, I really love this question. Tell me the scum motivation in wanting everyone to contribute?
Didn't say there was scum motivation in wanting everyone to contribute.

There's scum motivation in you taking what Slick said and grossly misrepresenting it then jumping to an argument about my reasoning.
Also tell me the pro-town agenda with allowing lurkers to continue playing throughout the game?
This game is barely off the ground. There's no need to discuss this far into the future. All you're really doing is running around.

The rest of your post has no merit. I didn't make any catch-all statements about lurkers. I'm talking about one person specifically and the circumstances surrounding him.

You're trying to simplify and broaden my argument in the hopes that people reading won't see you talking about things that I'm not saying at all.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 1210, Zachstralkita wrote:
I've already answered your second question. Town defend lynches like that the same way. It's simple.

I'll explain this more before you misrep me. It benefits scum because they don't get scrutinized for using the same shit logic town does when they push lynchbait.

You're not carrying out a very constructive argument at all, you know. I can go through how exactly that is if you want me to.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote: Let me tell you exactly why, as scum, lurkers are your best friend. It's because those slots don't do anything, and when it gets close to the middle-end game, you can easily slam lurkers for mislynches because they just don't defend well or slow play to hide under the radar while TvT argue all game.

The best strategy in a large is to kill the loudest voices and leave the quietest alive. When town is full of quiet people, the scum voice is strong and town won't be able to communicate effectively to figure out the truth and bam you have a win.

I honestly don't see any logical reasoning as to the benefit of allowing people to just be part of the game and spectate. You give them a free pass because they don't contribute and that's just horse shit reasoning for any defense on a player.
This second part of your post is just noise. The last part is your actual argument. And I've responded to that above.

Everything else is just literal static. False pretense of talking about theory that you've attached to your bogus argument. Maybe some people will see you as town because of it but not the right ones.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:11 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

Preferring a lurker lynch to players who've posted on Day 1 no less, means you can't scumhunt or you prefer to aid scum.

The argument that lurkers help scum can hardly be applied here when you look at the ratio of posting players to lurking players and the content and influence of posting players.

Regardless of how much merit it actually has, the truth is that argument is not relative to this gamestate at the moment. Thus you are only using it because my argument must be discredited and credibility removed from me for you to succeed here.

You've had plenty of chances to respond to 1194 and none of them have been very flattering.

What's worse is rather than attempting to explain your supposed town motivations and thought processes behind most of what I mentioned in that post your response is immediately to try and find fault with and attack my statements because they endanger you. It's very, very scummy. Portraying Slick's statement the way you want it to look so you can justify your vote there is also scummy. I had to say it again.

- What I said about Alisae either was completely misunderstood or you threw it over your head as to avoid engaging it, because what you responded to was not my argument. The 180 isn't really important. Your engagements with him at the time tell me everything I really need to know.

As I said before in 1195, since rb has been confirmed innocent child you have not engaged him about his SR on you. Your only method of defense IS to attack your opponent, verbally spar with and present faulty arguments because you cannot defend yourself with your towniness. But now he is clear. So you can't attack him and if he were to explain you couldn't make these runaround arguments and misrepresent what he said and talk about other things. You can't do anything of that nature that you would normally do because it's not going to work so you just duck it entirely.

What's interesting is that one would assume you'd at least try to level with that read if you were town. Find out what prompted it and explain why and see if that reconciles anything. Our IC, no less. Beacon of hope for the town. I'd want him to see sense if I was town and he hard scumread me. You know, at least attempt to convince him to stop wasting his fucking time being that he's the IC and all.. and he has all that sway over the town..... and stuff...

Nope, radio silence. That's interesting.

He even said it again recently that you're scum. Still no engagement? But you can engage me.

I don't think that it's one of those things that will go away if you just ignore it... but whatever works for you.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:21 pm

In post 1205, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:

No, you said I accused you of still pushing an Alisae lynch.

And I did not do that. I talked about your votes and when I talked about the Alisae vote I talked about the Alisae wagon.

So lets look at that wagon some more. The VC said there was 4/10 votes on Alisae, I was the 5th vote on it and I was actually the catalyst of pushing that lynch further and I had a lot of discussion with Alisae, in fact I was the main one arguing with her. Didn't "try to blend in there" Also I've only voted Alisae once and that vote lasted a little more than 2-3 hours. Now, if I stayed on that wagon for a long time, that wagon analysis would have made sense with my presence on it with me just place holding my vote on her but it didn't last for anything. That's the real dynamic of it.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote: When you say he's admitted to "not wanting to contribute or put in his input" you've conveniently left out the part where he says he's absent because he feels there are stronger personalities scum hunting.

All your scumhunting
accomplishes nothing
and

It's very disingenuous to imply that I should be applying the same argument to that slot as I am to yours. Anyone can see why.

The only purpose it serves you to do something like that is to detract from my argument and not actually address it, which is what you've attempted to do here.

For one, I'm fine with him lurking at the moment because I don't believe he intends to cause harm and we have bigger fish to fry. There's no real reason for me to have to judge his slot the same as your slot considering the stark differences both of you have and the way the gamestate has progressed.

A lurker lynch Day 1 of all places is piss poor. We have so much more shit to go off of.

You're only using this as a pivotal point of your argument because you're trying to discredit me.
what the fuck is your argument if it's not that you think my vote on Slick was scum motivated?
TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Actually, I really love this question. Tell me the scum motivation in wanting everyone to contribute?
Didn't say there was scum motivation in wanting everyone to contribute.

There's scum motivation in you taking what Slick said and grossly misrepresenting it then jumping to an argument about my reasoning.
[/quote]

Before I answer this and you just pass it off as a misrep, I'm going to make sure you give me a confirmation that it's what the fuck you think.

Are you saying that I had scum motivation to vote a slot because they didn't want to contribute and then I jumped into an argument about your reasoning(What reasoning are you referring to)?
This game is barely off the ground. There's no need to discuss this far into the future. All you're really doing is running around.

The rest of your post has no merit. I didn't make any catch-all statements about lurkers. I'm talking about one person specifically and the circumstances surrounding him.

You're trying to simplify and broaden my argument in the hopes that people reading won't see you talking about things that I'm not saying at all.
Failure to plan is planning for failure mate, remember the random midget lynch? That's exactly why I hate lurkers as town because they're so easy late game. I'd rather slots turn from non-lurkers into active ones so we have opinions to go off of.

I'm going to go off this argument chain because I think we are arguing two different things.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

can we not mega post
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:29 pm

I've shown a consistent theme of voting lurkers until they contribute for the main purpose that I can gain reads on them.

First Creature, bam now he's hella active and I stopped pushing it.

Second Gamma IIRC and once he's started posting, I felt better about his slot.

Now I'm at Slick and once he starts posting, I'll be able to get a read on him and go further from there.

The difference between you and I's ideologies might be the fact that you're focused on a select group of people and I prefer having information about every slot even if it's just D1.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:34 pm

RB has yet to present a case so even if he's IC I can give fuck all what he thinks. Being IC doesn't make you god and it doesn't mean I have to kiss his ass.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

I responded to what you said.

The vote on Slick was scummy. Your portrayal of what he said was what made it scummy. I went over this already.

You said he " didn't want to contribute." Implying he deliberately chose to act this way with the end goal of remaining stagnant and not providing information to the town.

Except he said he CHOSE not to to so because he felt other, stronger players were doing a lot of scumhunting and decided to sit back. Meaning you misrepresented him to justify your vote. He finishes said post with a comment on drealmerz, who is another lurker which is admittedly interesting.

He also did not say his non participation was for an indefinite period of time.

At best your vote here is premature hasty judgement on a slot who's been lurking, much like other votes, and not going to accomplish a whole lot.

At worst it's scum. Which is what I've went with here.

What I responded to in that post was... what you said about xhxhfdkhfdlhkdhn hypocritical. I didn't imply that the Slick vote wasn't scummy.
Failure to plan is planning for failure mate, remember the random midget lynch? That's exactly why I hate lurkers as town because they're so easy late game. I'd rather slots turn from non-lurkers into active ones so we have opinions to go off of.
Argument you're making is not applicable

As for the Alisae wagon discussion, the need was not to "try to blend in there". You passively do. All you have to do is vote lynchbait for [reasons lynchbait is lynchbait here]

Your early engagement with him was largely fixed and produced nothing. You were not trying to find out his alignment. You were taking everything he said and using it as more fuel for your push on him.

TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:I've shown a consistent theme of voting lurkers until they contribute for the main purpose that I can gain reads on them.

First Creature, bam now he's hella active and I stopped pushing it.

Second Gamma IIRC and once he's started posting, I felt better about his slot.

Now I'm at Slick and once he starts posting, I'll be able to get a read on him and go further from there.

The difference between you and I's ideologies might be the fact that you're focused on a select group of people and I prefer having information about every slot even if it's just D1.
You skipped over AA. Where he appeared, made some good posts and you retreated back because you "couldn't get a read on him".
SlickDilinger
SlickDilinger
Townie
SlickDilinger
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by SlickDilinger »

In reply to a few other questions/comments from before:

Yes it's been a while since I've played a game. My style here is different from the past; I'm trying to apply some lessons from playing the game since last visiting this forum.

Regarding reads, I'll try and contribute more as they come, but I really do find that day two is when things make sense for me. Day one seems to be a lot of big egos duking it out while scum hunting. That's cool, but I'm just not going to end up being one of big egos. That said, Drealmerz7's first post rubbed me the wrong way with his atypical eagerness, but I've appreciated his further comments since then so I am going to change my vote to reflect this tentatively. Alisae seems to be pretty about shooting first and then not worrying about asking questions, but that can be a strategy. However, I'm ultimately swayed by Zachstralkita's argument and position regarding TheRealGin-N-Tonic so I will support it.

VOTE: TheRealGin-N-Tonic

I know this might not be a lot to offer while there is a wagon gathering for me, but that's what I've got. If I'm knocked out during Day 1, I accept that as a part of establishing culture and trimming incompatible players during the early game, even if they are townies.
"You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don't trust enough."
- Frank Crane
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:50 pm

I vote creature for saying he will lurk till D3 and Zach doesn't say a word.

I vote Gamma because he hasn't posted at all in the game and Zach doesn't say a word at all.

I vote AA and he doesn't say anything at all.

I vote Slick and now I deserve a vote. I'm quoting this post in twilight if I do end up being D1's lynch because I swear to god if that ain't a possibility for a chainsaw then I'm sorry but I don't know what it.

I don't find there to be any consistency to accuse me of scum when I voted a lurker and haven't said anything about the other lurkers I have voted at the time I did it.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:00 pm

Oh and before it's said, I'm not willing to push a chainsaw until there is a flip on either of you, otherwise the tell is almost always NAI.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1215, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Second Gamma IIRC and once he's started posting, I felt better about his slot.
This seems foreign to me because I didn't like gamma's posts

Zach's undue aggression towards me has been noted
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:45 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1205, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:why would I 180 my read on Alisae when she's easy to lynch if I was scum?
Just want to point out that Alisae is easy to scumread but not easy to lynch.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:42 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1123, Wraith wrote:
In post 1120, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
@Wraith:
Could you explain how you got your read on Grey? I don't remember him being a voice of reason so I'd like to know how you got that conclusion.
tl;dr He's coming to conclusions based off a clearly explained, visible thought process. Also just general goodposting.

Spoiler: Quote Wall
In post 308, -Grey- wrote:
In post 106, Ircher wrote: And, the reason for this totally useless nonsense is _____?

4-5 scum is a more logical coonclusion for the scum ratio. 9 scum in a 19p NORMAL game has probably a 1 in a Million chance AT BEST. (Most likely, there is a 0 zero chance of that happening cuz that makes Day 1 LyLo and could still screw town w/ a perfect game if it's multiball)

4/19 * 3/18 = 12 / (152 + 190) = 12 / 342 = 4 / 114 = 2 / 57 or <4% chance.
VOTE: Debi
Bad vote is bad.

Scum isn't going to deliberately post terrible numbers that can't possibly be true because it'll simply be corrected immediately. It gains them nothing.

Debi's terribad theorycraft is NAI.
In post 322, -Grey- wrote:
In post 119, Wraith wrote:I agree. Assuming 9 scum right off the bat implies foreknowledge of the setup
Welcome to my scum pile.
In post 385, -Grey- wrote:
In post 239, Alisae wrote:
In post 237, EchoVision wrote:
In post 232, Alisae wrote:Echo are you saying it's not a slip in this case?
What's not a slip, what debi said about the 10:9 or whatever? Nah, that was just human error. Just her trying to prove her point. I've done the same kind of thing before. No scuminess behind it.
You got my vote then
VOTE: Wraith
So, is this a sheep vote or are you voting a scumread?

The lack of clarity in your posting is what has me happy to lynch you.

Well, that and the fluffing, and buddying, of course.
lol I didn't even notice this one my first time around
In post 395, -Grey- wrote:
In post 309, rb wrote:
In post 307, rb wrote:
In post 287, Alisae wrote:Also I can't decide if RB is town or scum.

On one hand he could be trying to derail the Wraith wagon by attacking two of the people that are on it.
On the other hand, would scum really do a push so bad on both me an Gin?
this bad push is going to have you both lynched on days 1 and 2 respectively
and if you wanna just tell me your other scumbuddy now that's fine too
Clarify this for me rb, are you saying there are only three scum? In a 19p game?
Wrong in hindsight but logical at the time.
In post 418, -Grey- wrote:
In post 409, Alisae wrote:Final reads before I go take a shower, go to sleep, and then wake up to find out that I got lynched.

Town: rb, Grey, Uzi, Gin, Pine, Echo, Debi, Zach
Scum: Kyouko, Creature, Wraith, Dunn, and maybe Ircher
Null: Everyone else.
I'd be interested in reading all about how your content resulted in all these reads.

Teach me, Yoda.
In post 453, -Grey- wrote:
In post 450, Alisae wrote:I also had the fact that Echo was annoyed that he missed 7 pages was a townslip. Seemed like genuine frustration to me.
You think scum is incapable of being frustrated?

You think town would be bent over 7 pages, which can be covered in less than ten minutes?

Idk, seems null to me.
In post 622, -Grey- wrote:
In post 621, Wraith wrote: I did a skim of RB's ISO an hour or so ago and definitely agree with Grey that this:
In post 309, rb wrote:
In post 307, rb wrote:
In post 287, Alisae wrote:Also I can't decide if RB is town or scum.

On one hand he could be trying to derail the Wraith wagon by attacking two of the people that are on it.
On the other hand, would scum really do a push so bad on both me an Gin?
this bad push is going to have you both lynched on days 1 and 2 respectively
and if you wanna just tell me your other scumbuddy now that's fine too
Legit looks like a scumslip.

That said, I'm rather skeptical this game is multiball. I speculated possible multiball earlier because Debi's absurd hypothetical scenario could only be multiball, and it legit felt like a slip itself. But in hindsight now I definitely think I read way too much into some rather noob-y early hypothesizing.

But I'm skeptical that this would be a multiball game because 19 seems like too small a total for that. I figured multiball games would pretty much
have
to be in the 20+-player range. Then again, this is only my second real large game since returning to playing games after 5 years, so I'm potentially just out of touch here with how game size meta has changed.

So I'm pretty heavily leaning toward joining the RB wagon when I get home and have a chance to get through that re-read.
Uh?

The only way rb slipped is if the game IS multiball, so saying you think it's a slip but also saying you don't believe the game is multiball doesn't add up.

VOTE: Wraith
In post 671, -Grey- wrote:
In post 662, rb wrote:
In post 599, Ircher wrote:
In post 553, rb wrote:Scummy is scummy
But scummy != scum.

Your point?
Oh ikay so we don't lynch scummy players in this game we lynch towny ones?

Yeah nice
False dichotomy.
In post 824, -Grey- wrote:
In post 822, Alisae wrote:
In post 821, Zachstralkita wrote:I didn't intend to promote a wagon, he has a cat in his avatar and we should spare him for now

we have rbs and Pines to lynch
I want to lynch Pine too, don't get me wrong, but why are you against a pressure wagon?
Admitting is a pressure wagon defeats the purpose of having it.
The problem I'm still having is your choice of words you used earlier to describe your most recent read on him. Calling him a voice of reason is like calling him a town leader, which I didn't see at all. I still don't now and those quotes don't help. I just find it really odd to describe his play that way, especially now that this conversation has reminded me that he was one of the main people accusing and pushing rb about having more knowledge of the setup. What are you thoughts about that now that rb is confirmed town?

The clarification of your read does help a bit but I'm only seeing that in the first, sixth, and ninth quote. How is the second and fifth quote good posting or coming to conclusions in a clear way? The fifth quote is just him sort of mocking Ali because he seems to be implying someone with the kind of content Ali had at the time of that post, couldn't have those reads.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:43 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1164, Alisae wrote:
In post 1122, Wraith wrote:
In post 1115, Alisae wrote:
In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8691308#p8691308]post 1112[/url], Wraith wrote:
Alisae wrote:Have you ever thought of asking me to go more indepth on my reasoning instead of just saying I'm scum for it?
Why do I have to ask for it? Why are you not just saying it?
To understand my reasoning a bit more. Unless you're scum and you don't care about that stuff.
Plus it's not my duty to prove to you that I am town. It's my duty to hunt, find, and lynch scum.
WTF kind of response is this?

My point is if you are actually trying to scumhunt then you should be posting detailed explanations for your reads with context anyways, without anyone having to ask.

I'm not saying you have to post massive walls of quotes and text. That can be done badly to the point it gets ignored (cough dreal cough).

It's the difference between
Grey wrote: I scumread Wraith because his post finding rb scummy for apparently scumslipping multiball while also simultaneously being skeptical of this being a multiball setup. Therefore, I'm voting to lynch him.
and
Alisae wrote: I townread Debi for being a VI. I scumread Wraith and Ircher for pushing a lynch on a VI.
The difference is that Grey's reasoning for scumreading me comes from a logical thought process that is clearly explained; you have decided Debi is a VI for arbitrary reasons you fail to elaborate upon and then scumread players based on that initial unexplained, arbitrary conclusion.

And that's just one example of fake scumhunting out of several so far already. And you're trying to paint ME as the bad guy for finding you scummy for this crap?
So you're basicly saying my playstyle is scummy?
Adapt.
Stop, you are not Pine :P
In post 1218, SlickDilinger wrote:In reply to a few other questions/comments from before:

Yes it's been a while since I've played a game. My style here is different from the past; I'm trying to apply some lessons from playing the game since last visiting this forum.

Regarding reads, I'll try and contribute more as they come, but I really do find that day two is when things make sense for me. Day one seems to be a lot of big egos duking it out while scum hunting. That's cool, but I'm just not going to end up being one of big egos. That said, Drealmerz7's first post rubbed me the wrong way with his atypical eagerness, but I've appreciated his further comments since then so I am going to change my vote to reflect this tentatively.
Alisae seems to be pretty about shooting first and then not worrying about asking questions
, but that can be a strategy. However, I'm ultimately swayed by Zachstralkita's argument and position regarding TheRealGin-N-Tonic so I will support it.

VOTE: TheRealGin-N-Tonic

I know this might not be a lot to offer while there is a wagon gathering for me, but that's what I've got. If I'm knocked out during Day 1, I accept that as a part of establishing culture and trimming incompatible players during the early game, even if they are townies.
Could you explain what you mean by this?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”