boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:26 am

Post by boring »

Our one overarching goal as a scum team was to get Prism to the end looking as townie as possible, with few or no conf. town at LYLO.

Unless BV can resist nn30's delicious scumminess long enough to get some decent dirt on Prism, Prism might end up in the position to have to "decide" between them, which will make me a little sad because that's my scum-dream. (Boy, do I love run-on sentences)

Go Prism! You've got this!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 3152, BlackVoid wrote:
Regarding your replace out, everyone wants to be townread for their awesome play and not because of some silly reason like saying they replaced out. But when something like that happens, as town I can't ignore it. I really don't think that if you and Boring were the scumteam and Shadow kept insisting that you be lynched back to back (even if he was a little overconfident about it), I think you'd find some way to wiggle out of it rather than decide to replace out because you got caught. But as town, I could see you in the heat of the moment thinking "that's it, I'm done with this guy" and post a replace out request.
Whelp you guys were right, the entirety of Town!Prism boils down to "Scum wouldn't replace out". I guess I just had too much confidence in Black void. He clearly isn't evaluating Prism at all, or at the very least, just enough that he can justify hand waving him.

Is it just me or is the most successful scum strategy lately been, 1)Garner as much towncred as possible the first couple days 2) Lurk into lylo 3) Flood the thread with content 4) win

Look at Prims play. He gets solid town reads the first couple days due to his pushes, desire for interaction, and ending with bussing LUV. After that his productivity drops significantly on days three, four, and five. Now he is in lylo and spamming the thread with content. And at this point... I really don't see him losing. :(
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Grendel »

This
should
have been town's game yesterday.

In the post game I'm going to congratulate town for losing an auto-win situation. That takes
real skill

...idk if I'm finding this whole situation so absurd that it is funny, or so absurd that it is insulting.

What I do know that if I lose this game I'll be on a four game losing streak. Which hurts a bit.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 3153, nn30 wrote:If Shadow was scum, he likes to fly pretty close to the sun.

Also, his actually subbing out would never happen if he was scum.
Spoiler:
In post 1543, Shadow_step wrote:That's a weird kill.
Definitely made to frame boring.
In post 2092, Shadow_step wrote:Brilliant, all the lynch baits got all the good PRs :/
VOTE: Nn
In post 2096, Shadow_step wrote:Mind=blown
In post 2209, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2201, podoboq wrote:
Lil Uzi Vert
Mafia Goon
, was lynched Day 2.
It is now Night 2. Please PM all night actions to me by the deadline, or bold them in your associated private thread.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-29 08:44:00)
Only if bastars mod hadn't put 2 town ascetics, had this scum fuck day 1.
Boring is most likely town.
In post 2294, Shadow_step wrote:I've been giving boring a free pass so far because people seemed to be a soft target and people voting her because of her previous games as scum.
When I attacked LUV on day 1, boring had a "problem" with it.
I think one of [boring, prism] has to be scum because of LUV's readlist.
In post 2466, Shadow_step wrote:I pretty much am confirmed town.

This Boring defense parallel struck me as strikingly similar. When she defends herself from both me and Shadow, her first instinct is to ask 'are you even paying attention?' 'Are you trying?'

Spoiler:
In post 2853, boring wrote:
In post 2849, Shadow_step wrote:Not out of character. DF lynch wasn't likely to happen and I wasn't going to no lynch.

So you think both scum were voting Df but you still vote him anyway?
Are you even trying at this point?

1) I had already stated intent to hammer DF, and he was at L-1. It was absolutely going to happen. Why do you think people fell for your stupid fake-hammer? Remember? You fake-hammered DF, and then
you
hopped off the wagon
first
at the least suggestion from Implosion, taking Dier from L-1 with intent to hammer to nothing special.

2) I was talking about the Grendel wagon having 1-2 scum on it. You know, the one that had the conf. town support, and was a counterwagon to DF? The one ripe for sheeping? The one you sheeped? That wagon. Grendel's. Grendel's wagon.

3) I'm voting Dierfire because I think he's scum with you, and I'm waiting for you to ditch his wagon just before the lynch
again
. Of course, there's also the problem that for reasons far beyond my comprehension, no one seems open to the idea that you're scum. Even if you're just really, really bad town, he remains likely scum. I figure having everyone watch you leave his wagon again will help my case. If you do somehow follow through this time, that's great too. I see it as a win-win.
In post 1266, boring wrote:
In post 1238, nn30 wrote:From before the CC:
Boring was doing little / no scum hunting. She joined the Zoronos wagon (3rd there). Aside from questioning his logic once or twice, she loses interest in Zoronos fairly quickly. She joins the Penguin wagon (also 3rd) and aside from her rainbow read list (putting Penguin as her top scum read) she spends the next 15 posts without engaging with Penguin again.
After the CC:
She votes Eager with little to no thought about the CC (literal minutes between SS announcing and her voting Eager). She drops Eager (previously a 2nd to top town read) to her biggest scum read with little to no explanation, thought, consideration... nada. This feels very opportunistic.
Also, this:
In post 1037, boring wrote:@town? - eager has been coasting,
and the only thing in the way of my gut scumlean was the fact that he had an uncc'd claim.
A cc from an obvious town player was more than enough reason to vote him.
She is specifically referring to the period of time
before
the Shadow CC that she had a scumlean on him. This directly contradicts her read list from that period of time (where snake was her second to top town read).
In post 1165, boring wrote: ...
If you bothered to open an ISO, you'd see that I've been pretty clear about my feelings regarding eager's claim.
That being, he was an uncc'd town claim, which left unchallenged, left him as a prime night kill target
(because of the probably confirmed town status).
As I also stated several times, if he lived to tomorrow, I'd re-evaluate. So for Day 1, uncc'd regardless of how untown he seemed, I didn't feel like I had much choice but to accept him as confirmed town.
Further contradiction. He's probably confirmed town without a counter claim - yet in 1037 (when there was still no CC) she has a scumlean on him.
Fishy. Fishy fishy.
I had a slight scum read on Boring before the CC. The most quantifiable thing is that her read list felt hinky to me (like she was posting it instead of actually scum hunting). There was also a gut feeling, which is more difficult to quantify.
Snake also pointed out that he parked his vote on Boring the entire day - and nobody nibbled - meaning 0 scum tried to hop onto the wagon and test the waters (implying that Boring herself is scum, causing the lack of interest in her wagon). I like this logic a lot.
Fin.
So, you haven't been paying attention like, at all? Hopefully when this trip is over, I'll have time to go through and show you point-for-point where you've clearly glossed, ignored, and misrepped. I realize this isn't the first time you've gotten totally confused in this game, but geez.
It's like you're pretending to be Zoro, except Zoro actually brought up some valid concerns (unfortunately for me).
Anyway, my request stands. Please wait for me to come back and post if y'all get to the point of intent to hammer on me. Or just lynch eagerSnake. Either one works.

As for Prism:

The bolded in the first quote reads as helly manipulative.

He's apparently forgotten 2927, too.

Spoiler:
In post 3149, Prism wrote:
In post 3148, Prism wrote:The only thing scummy from BV so far to me is what I stated above so
this 3 way is a lot more about either convincing me you're town or convincing me Shadow showed he was scum.
This was supposed to go at the very end of that post, directed at nn, rather than in the middle and directed at BV.
In post 2927, Prism wrote:Alright, that basically removes any doubt I had about the Shadow slot. Black gave that list in 30 mins, there's no way he faked it. Those reads were legit and I doubt it was convenient to keep the same reads as scum. Maybe he could have gone back and revised just one/two but there's no way the whole thing is fake.

I feel bad for DF since I literally have barely read anything he's said and basically haven't even given him a chance, but at this point I really don't think I need to. If boring flips town then I'll be forced to as that means I'm wrong on one of Zoro/nn but I'll cross that bridge if we get there.

VOTE: boring

Yeah I'm seriously considering this path.

@BV - can you explain why you had a scum read on Prism before you entered the game?

I re-read the sub out fiasco. At the moment, it looked like Prism may have wanted to leave because of Shadow's aggressive treatment. Maybe he felt this way because he felt personally attacked - and wanted to sub out - even though he was scum?

That, coupled with the fact that Shadow was a ballsy jerky player all game, why the hell would he sub out if he were scum? The's the kind of person that would LOVE teeing off the town as scum.

Plus there's this.
In post 2891, Shadow_step wrote:Also, playing with clueless newbies like nn isn't really thrilling either.
You don't say this on your way out as scum. If you're scum, you're secretly happy that I'm lost because you're taking credit for confusing me. You're not going to insult me because you successfully confused me - doing so undermines any confidence you (rightly) should have derived for sending me through so many loops all game if you were scum.

@BV - I think we've been scum reading each other incorrectly. I think that I'm still alive because I'm a bit of a VI (meh...) - Prism felt he could manipulate me with a hard town read on me.
wait, wait, what?

Does this mean that nn30 is self aware enough th realize that he has been pocketed by Prsium up until now?

Like whoa...
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

This could change everything. o.o
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

We could have gotten potential auto if you guys didn't decide to run me up all the way to L-1 AFTER PP threatened hammer.
Now we're a couple guys short. I still think my cop choice was okay; people were suspecting implosion for the reasons I chose him.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by MariaR »

I knew pp was town by his tone all of day 1 I forgot what I had gamma as
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

I want them to make prism commit to a scum read first since they both think he is town and make him vote first.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 307, MariaR wrote:I knew pp was town by his tone all of day 1 I forgot what I had gamma as
I think you had me as null
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by boring »

It might be too little too late. It could look to BV like nn30 trying to grasp at straws and avoid an omgus vote.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Lol no scum nn, doesn't start scum reading her town read now. He can't get a vote on Prism, his best chance to win is by scum reading BV and hope Prism votes BV.
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by MariaR »

Anyone who reads that with no context would be srsly confused
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Where's implo.
Show

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 307, MariaR wrote:I knew pp was town by his tone all of day 1 I forgot what I had gamma as
You were worried because Gamma didn't look as ob!town as you had expected.
Shadow_step wrote:Where's implo.
Yea!!!
Gamma Emerald wrote:We could have gotten potential auto if you guys didn't decide to run me up all the way to L-1 AFTER PP threatened hammer. Now we're a couple guys short. I still think my cop choice was okay; people were suspecting implosion for the reasons I chose him.
Will you ever forgive me Gamma?

I feel like I screwed you over really badly this game.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

No, I feel like I did play a bit poorly this game. I said in the game that DF's points about me and PP actually had some basis.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I just noticed something and I'm incredibly pissed
<Embrace The Void>

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

I can't wait for this game to be over so I can tear into Prism.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

What I say to nn isn't his problem. Him losing interest in the game because of how I was treating another player is complete BS.
Show

boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by boring »

Go Prism!

Spoiler:
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:53 am

Post by implosion »

Late to the party, podo forgot to send me the invite for a little~ not reading most of this though.

This was never auto-win. Calling it that and saying town lost it is silly. At 9p it was me (confirmed), Zoronos and PP (pseudo-confirmed but not technically confirmed) and six unconfirmed townies. Calling it autowin means that you're trusting in townreads on at least two of the unconfirmed... and that is not what autowin means. If we'd lynched scum that day, Zoronos or PP could have "cleared" one more person, and it still wouldn't have been autowin.

Have some more thoughts but alas I'll probably post more in here later.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:57 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Yeah it wasn't an auto win.
But you guys deserve to lose after lynching the guy who couldn't have made the kill.
Why you voted DF after you had convinced yourself he wasn't scum, I'd never know.
Show

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:28 am

Post by eagerSnake »

This shouldn't even be a discussion.. nn30 and bv are obvtown slots
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:15 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 321, Shadow_step wrote:Yeah it wasn't an auto win.
But you guys deserve to lose after lynching the guy who couldn't have made the kill.
Why you voted DF after you had convinced yourself he wasn't scum, I'd never know.
B/C he assumed that Zoronos decided to block somebody else... for some reason? B/c his tertiary scum read said so?

lol
implosion wrote:Late to the party, podo forgot to send me the invite for a little~ not reading most of this though. This was never auto-win. Calling it that and saying town lost it is silly. At 9p it was me (confirmed), Zoronos and PP (pseudo-confirmed but not technically confirmed) and six unconfirmed townies. Calling it autowin means that you're trusting in townreads on at least two of the unconfirmed... and that is not what autowin means. If we'd lynched scum that day, Zoronos or PP could have "cleared" one more person, and it still wouldn't have been autowin. Have some more thoughts but alas I'll probably post more in here later.
Please do. I was very disappointed with how D5 went down, and want any commentary I can find of why those actions took place.

I simply can't understand why everybody would assume that Zoro wouldn't block the person he announced he was going to block.

And I can't understand how
you
could come to the conclusion that there is no more scum power, but still lynch the slot that was most likely to be blocked that night.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:30 am

Post by Grendel »

Also, Implo, you yourself recognized that the D1 gymnastics Shadow would of had to do to be scum would be monumental. That would have put Shadow off the radar. Given Zoro's playstyle I would view it as extremely unlikely that he'd go after somebody other then his previously stated target. So that should have taken DF off the table. You were Con!town. So that would have left Prism, and nn30.

While it wasn't _technically_ an auto win, it was close enough. Common sense, and going with probable conclusion, would have won the game for town.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”