Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 1344, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 1288, MTD wrote:wat.

the only people i feel confident are town are transcend and josh.
Kraska?? Myko??

like i was 100% serious that myko is conftown with maria flipping scum... and kraska was basically the person who made me consider scum!Maria in the first place

EP is just obvtown.
In all fairness I have soft defended Maria for the entire game, saying "blind spot scum" and never doing a thing about it could be seen as a distancing tactic, depends a bit on what person you think I am. I'd say that's a bit beyond ballsy and I can do better than that, but one could judge that differently (and I suspect MTD knows me best out of all people here). Maria towards me would be more than distancing, I feel, but for good reasons I didn't include that in my post: that's for you to judge.

Kraska should be obvtown, I agree. She pushed early, and thoroughly, when a bus was not required or obvious.

EP I'm not as sure about as you are, but I'm not interested in them now. EP just hasn't had the impact that one would require from an obvtown read.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by mykonian »

If someone suggests MTD/Myko as a pair now they are trying to force a world to make sense to their needs in stead of the other way around.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

the way you soft-defended her didn't feel like you were putting her on a pedestal or trying to make her look good though

it felt genuine, but i thought you were buttering her up at first rather than just complimenting good play
mykonian wrote:If someone suggests MTD/Myko as a pair now they are trying to force a world to make sense to their needs in stead of the other way around.
I agree, which is where I'd like to know where RK is just in case she's town
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:05 pm

*why I'd like
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Transcend »

Mtd/Myko is impossible

I said it since page 1

I tend to be right vs. wrong
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Road Kamelot »

Mmk

Team pick is... well ill ISO myk and maria and see if they actually couldnt be teammates
Beyond that i dunno besides MTD
Like im at you-town, Transcend town, kraska, josh, etc.

Apparently both me and Errant are scum for not giving a shit abt Maria. i literally had nothing to say to her while i was playing and she never pinged me
Reflect on yourself in the heat of passion to reveal what the cold eye of logic sees not.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:08 pm

who is scumreading EP??? i will fight them :(

like i can see not obvtown but they are definitely town

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 1349, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:What's your team pick atm? Maria/Myko/MTD? (the M clan...)
God no get the fuck out of here with that theory

Are you begging to get roped/vigged?
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by Road Kamelot »

Okay i dunno where yall are getting all of this mykonian cant be scum w so and so but i have to assume its from a part of the game i didnt read

Pedit Idk maybe i misinterpreted gamma and myks comments on the matter
Transcend dude that was giga asking if that was my team pick calm yourself
Reflect on yourself in the heat of passion to reveal what the cold eye of logic sees not.
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by Road Kamelot »

In post 1350, mykonian wrote:In all fairness I have soft defended Maria for the entire game, saying "blind spot scum" and never doing a thing about it could be seen as a distancing tactic, depends a bit on what person you think I am. I'd say that's a bit beyond ballsy and I can do better than that, but one could judge that differently (and I suspect MTD knows me best out of all people here). Maria towards me would be more than distancing, I feel, but for good reasons I didn't include that in my post: that's for you to judge.
No way i wanna dismiss this as town
"In all fairness"
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:11 pm

In post 1357, Transcend wrote:
In post 1349, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:What's your team pick atm? Maria/Myko/MTD? (the M clan...)
God no get the fuck out of here with that theory

Are you begging to get roped/vigged?
did u miss where i said my poe was MTD/Jordan/RK?

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by Transcend »

@Road be sure to tell me when the rope is too tight when u get lynched

then I'll make it even tighter u scum fuck
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 1356, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:who is scumreading EP??? i will fight them :(

yo
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by kraska77 »

U called me scum too
Why do u suppose anyone would take you seriously at this point
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:16 pm

In post 1362, Joshz wrote:
In post 1356, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:who is scumreading EP??? i will fight them :(

yo
*fights*

tbh what made my townread on them strong was their scumread on me, it felt pretty nuanced and non-stragetic ... just like the kind of thing town calls out when they're discontent with the gamestate

obviously their read is wrong but it reminded me of the case vs. me when I got mislynched (which was pushed by town)

Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by Joshz »

The trick is to scum read everyone at some point so at the end of the game no matter what u can say I told u so
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by kraska77 »

Btw...about ep never directly addressing Maria
They never talked to me either. Just something I noted and found a little strange
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by kraska77 »

In post 1364, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:

yo
*fights*

tbh what made my townread on them strong was their scumread on me, it felt pretty nuanced and non-stragetic ... just like the kind of thing town calls out when they're discontent with the gamestate

obviously their read is wrong but it reminded me of the case vs. me when I got mislynched (which was pushed by town)
Ignore him he likes to pretend he has real reads it's cute
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:18 pm

kraska unpopular opinion but garbodor is like one of my favorites....,,,.,,.
Joshz wrote:The trick is to scum read everyone at some point so at the end of the game no matter what u can say I told u so
i vibe with this
kraska77 wrote:Btw...about ep never directly addressing Maria
They never talked to me either. Just something I noted and found a little strange
tbh i'm not really taking much from that. EP was clearly disengaged from the game. i mean RK too but she was pretty active iirc early game (pre-my replace in) so I guess it's different

Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Joshz »

yo
*fights*

They sort of come off as very town to me. However, their behaviour seems like what a well played scum could be. Like, he appears to be well versed. He would know what town are looking for to town read and he's provided several of those good posts while having minimal overall activity. He did not get involved in the previous lynch, and he did not interact with Maria. I'm not saying he's my number one scum read but he is not strong town either.

Also earlier I posted defending jordan a lot. I'm done w that for anyone wondering. Scuse me.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by kraska77 »

In post 1368, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:kraska unpopular opinion but garbodor is like one of my favorites....,,,.,,.
Is that what the hideous thing in my avi is called
idk shit about pokemons tbh...not_mafia made me change my avi to this
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 1367, kraska77 wrote:

yo
*fights*

Ignore him he likes to pretend he has real reads it's cute
If I had a read I was confident in I'd have a vote on someone
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Road Kamelot »

In post 1361, Transcend wrote:@Road be sure to tell me when the rope is too tight when u get lynched

then I'll make it even tighter u scum fuck
<3
In post 1366, kraska77 wrote:Btw...about ep never directly addressing Maria
Why is that strange
Avoiding interaction w a scumbuddy is one thing but whats scummy abt avoiding interaction w a random townie

Garbodor is fucking adorable
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 1352, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:rather than just complimenting good play
I fear my language might be tripping you up there. I've used words like reasonable and reserved to describe her play:
In post 638, mykonian wrote:She was indeed reserved, and that got her towncred, and it indeed might very well mean she's my blind spot scum, but just as likely it's her mentality towards the game. She would not be the first that puts the breaks on, then again, she could indeed be scum who talked plenty but tried to stay reasonable.
These words are very double in the game of mafia.

I mean, I might act like the IC anyway. This is how you don't get lynched: You limit your posts, but make them semi long, build up every point with a story, you don't step on peoples toes (omgus feelings are very real) so you pick your spots and don't move too quickly lest you startle someone, and
at all points you make sure you make sense
. Other people are crazy enough. People who post lots, get attention, get into arguments, and where smoke is is fire, people flock to that. So you limit arguing, by being always the voice of reason, taking your time to get a good answer, you don't get into drawn out arguments and you look like someone who takes their time scumhunting and making sense out of it all. Nobody can disagree with you after all.

Now this is all fine, and kind of obvious really. Scum love being in that position. If I could get away with it, I'd play scum that way, and in my earlier days I have. As town however, it gets muddled. You shouldn't care about not getting mislynched, and try to find scum with your fellow townies, but who really does that? It's too fun to be in the game, getting lynched kind of sucks esspecially when people the day after say you were just bad town (while they couldn't read you), and disregard your reads and hard work. It's really tempting to become that "good player", who never gets lynched, and comes with a thoughtful playstyle. Sit there quietly and play the game for a while. Everybody would praise you, nobody remembers the person who gets lynched d1 or d2, while everybody still reads along how you finish the game.

This is what makes Maria, without previous knowledge, a person I have to worry about. For one, they are hard to lynch, tend to have most obvious cases covered, so you get to the outlandish stuff that's hard to sell on people. The second, if they are town, they commit a host of tells anyway that I like to use, while otoh have the air of being dependable and having to be played around. It's hard to turn that positive initial read into a scumread, tends to need quite a bit of evidence. People like her tend to trip me up because I know there's town that like to play that way, and it makes sense they would want to, even though I believe it to be an ideal scum hiding place.

Calling her reserved and reasonable then, is double. It could be her playstyle, or it could be a way of measured passivity. Now there were some other tells she committed that I"m slightly miffed about didn't speak up more about back then, but otherwise I'm rather glad I don't have to figure her out. People like Maria are a pain.

p-edit goddamnit people you posted a page in that time.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 1355, Road Kamelot wrote:Apparently both me and Errant are scum for not giving a shit abt Maria. i literally had nothing to say to her while i was playing and she never pinged me
On top of that, maria didn't give a shit about you. Not that many people who have both. 2.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”