Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1822, MathBlade wrote:Penguin Power + Lowell
Saru + Penguin Power
Saru + ironstove
Karnos + ironstove

Hard town reading : bji, Nero
Light town read: ironstove
Waffle House: Karnos
Light scum read: Saru (by night actions only by posts he seems townie)
The likely scum team: Penguin Power + Lowell
This why ICs who think they are awesome are bad. None of these teams make sense...except IS and karnos in a far-off-land world.

Reads suck too.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

...You can say my reads are bad. I am not saying I am awesome. I am laying my thoughts on the table. Explain yours and why you believe them if you think differently. Show people where I am wrong.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1824, PenguinPower wrote:And, for fucks sake, vote me already if you're going to be that bad.
No. I has hammer. All will give reads and post. Waiting on Nero and Saru
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1089, bji wrote:
Spoiler: Penguins don't like walls
In post 1088, Nero Cain wrote:lol no one called it a policy lynch.
You lie.
In post 713, LmkGuy wrote: We are essentially voting this guy right now due to him being active on site, but not posting on the thread.
Did not use the words "policy lynch" but clearly is saying that the vote is a policy lynch.
In post 733, LmkGuy wrote:I oppose the mal train because there is no actual reason to lynch him other than he is not playing the game.
Same thing. LmkGuy's position is clear.
In post 771, ironstove wrote:I guess I'm fine with a policy lynch, because that's what this feels like rn.
Explicitly called it a policy lynch.
In post 777, GreyICE wrote:Oh holy shit though.

I looked at mal's recent posts. Whatever you can be town. This is fake VLA shit.

Vote: mal

Jesus. Don't claim, just die. Fucking fake VLAers. This doesn't just make you scum, it means you're garbage who abuses site rules meant to accommodate people IRL. Welcome to the hell of "I will expect you to post content at all times in all games I am a part of regardless of VLA status."
This is clearly a policy lynch vote. Clearly states that he has no belief that Mal was actually scum and just wanted him to die because he is "garbage who abuses site rules".

Literally
everyone except you
justified their vote as a policy lynch vote, either explicitly, or implicitly by saying that they weren't sure that Mal was scum but that he should die because no one should go on V/LA in one game and still participate in other games, because that's lame.

Thor came
close
with posts like:
In post 773, Thor665 wrote:
In post 766, karnos wrote:So you are saying it's perfect to push mal and get a last minuted claim if he is a town power role? What side are you on?
The one looking to sort slots and scumhunt.
The reverse of your complaint towards me is that you are perfectly fine doing absolutely nothing to a slot that is barely here - also known as the exact reason scum lurk as a strategy. Like, if he's scum, you're giving him exactly what he wants. if he's town, you're accepting that he is playing to help scum.
I mean, if you're telling me I could just declare v/la and auto get to lylo - let me know.
He's not really saying that Mal is scum or town, though; he's making a (bogus) argument for why to lynch Mal either way. And later:
In post 775, Thor665 wrote:Of Malp's 11 posts - almost half (4) are just discussing his multiple v/las)
One is going "/first"
One is an RVS vote.
One is complaining RVS is over.

I mean, seriously.
This reads to me like anti-evidence for a reads-based vote of Mal, pointing out that Mal had basically no activity so we can't really infer alignment from anything he actually did. Leaving the only reason for voting him being policy.

You now look worse than Thor to me, and that's saying something.

UNVOTE: Thor
VOTE: Nero Cain
Here you go Penguin.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Nero said it wasn't a policy and it was but it was specifically directed towards you as well
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:59 pm

Post by Foxbird »

Votecount 4.16

karnos
(1) - Nero Cain
PenguinPower
(3) - Saru, Lowell, karnos
(L-2!)

Nero Cain
(3) - ironstove, bji, PenguinPower
(L-2!)

Not Voting
(1) - MathBlade

With
players eligible to vote, it’s
to lynch!

Day 4 will end in
(expired on 2016-11-30 07:11:29).

Mod Notes:

None!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:41 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1829, MathBlade wrote:Nero said it wasn't a policy and it was but it was specifically directed towards you as well
That wasn't directed to me at all. His spoiler title was in reference to my earlier complaint about a wall...he's been doing it ever since...have you not noticed that? Show me my lie.

Dense-man is dense.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:43 am

Post by Saru »

Here are my reads. Scummiest on top to towniest on bottom.
Penguin
Nero
Lowell
Iron
Karnos
Bji
Currently Playing:
N/A
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1832, Saru wrote:Here are my reads. Scummiest on top to towniest on bottom.
Penguin
Nero
Lowell
Iron
Karnos
Bji
Lowell + Saru and Lowell + Nero are now valid teams but very low chance.

Pretty much bji is conf town or we are conf fucked. If I die and PP is town bji has hammer.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

@Penguin Explain your reads.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:28 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I've already explained. I'm not going to do it over again.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1830, Foxbird wrote:
Votecount 4.16

karnos
(1) - Nero Cain
PenguinPower
(3) - Saru, Lowell, karnos
(L-2!)

Nero Cain
(3) - ironstove, bji, PenguinPower
(L-2!)

Not Voting
(1) - MathBlade

With
players eligible to vote, it’s
to lynch!

Day 4 will end in
(expired on 2016-11-30 07:11:29).

Mod Notes:

None!
No. you never have and said you did. When you flip scum I will be so happy and if you flip town stove will be free to push Nero as I will be dead.

Lowell is the one person I don't want in MyLO/LyLO. Nero is at least playing but probably town.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:33 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Whatever...after the past two days on nonsense, if town listens to you at all we deserve to lose.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:34 am

Post by PenguinPower »

on = of
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1832, Saru wrote:Here are my reads. Scummiest on top to towniest on bottom.
Penguin
Nero
Lowell
Iron
Karnos
Bji
You see this stove? Another person who sides with you it is Penguin and Nero.

Yet you say Penguin is too easy. Tell me your thoughts.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

PP's "case" that requires Karnos to be town and Saru to be scum is silly by itself but if he actually believed that he'd be voting Karnos.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:49 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1840, Nero Cain wrote:PP's "case" that requires Karnos to be town and Saru to be scum is silly by itself but if he actually believed that he'd be voting Karnos.
Why?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1840, Nero Cain wrote:PP's "case" that requires Karnos to be town and Saru to be scum is silly by itself but if he actually believed that he'd be voting Karnos.
You mean Saru right? Doubtful PP would vote his townread.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1841, PenguinPower wrote:
Why?
So my town flip means Karnos is scum?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1842, MathBlade wrote:
Karnos only become a town read when I flipped scum, wich I haven't and I won't, so I think its really weird how he just started to town read Karnos. I think it's likely a PP/Karnos team and that's the real reason he isn't voting him.

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:00 am

Post by PenguinPower »

^
Lulz.

If you flip town, I would tunnel karnos until either he or I were dead.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:06 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1844, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1842, MathBlade wrote:
Karnos only become a town read when I flipped scum, wich I haven't and I won't, so I think its really weird how he just started to town read Karnos. I think it's likely a PP/Karnos team and that's the real reason he isn't voting him.
If Nero flips town then stove would hit you hard (more than likely)
If PP flips town stove tunnels Nero again at which point we hope it is Nero+Saru because I would be dead.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Like there was absolutely no reason for Karnos to hammer Thor and cut off discussion like that. I think it was BJ that said something along the lines of "but we are able to buddy hunt today!" but its still dumb as we were guaranteed to lose at least one townie over the night and reduce the town brain power.

Karnos response that he was worried that town wouldn't lynch Thor doesn't mesh with reality.
NO ONE
was going to buy there being two town trackers in a mini. It was deff a bus.

bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:08 am

Post by bji »

In post 1802, PenguinPower wrote:WTF? I'm saying that the only reason I scum read him was because of meta. So, I'm discounting that, and I have two stronger scum targets which I explained. Like, seriously...wtf?
Here's what I don't understand about you, Penguin. You are outright admitting that your top scum read was a scum read solely due to some kind of meta evaluation.

This deep in the game, and your strongest scum read is paper thin?

Then Karnos says "And this is all because I voted an IC, before the IC was mod confirmed?" ... and your whole scum read on him falls apart and now your scummiest read is no longer scum?

I mean you literally went from "That would involve me believing that karnos is town. That's hard for me to do right now."

to

"Fuck it. If you're scum, I'll let you have this one." (directed at Karnos)

for as far as I can tell, basically no reason.

Why are people so sure that Karnos-Penguin is not a possible scum team? Penguin said to Lowell:
In post 1780, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1779, Lowell wrote:Either karnos or penguin or
both are scum
Bolded for emphasis: I think this might be the dumbest thing you've said.
Why is Karnos-Penguin the dumbest thing possible?

On the flip side ... Penguin's exasperation does feel very real.

Penguin is doing quite a lot more defending himself than he is trying to get Nero lynched. If Penguin's goal as scum is just to "live another day", he'd probably be better served by trying harder to actively complete the Nero lynch I think.
Of course he did park his vote on that wagon and with a reason that he somehow never surmised before it was needed to allow him to get on the Nero counter wagon (post ).

WIFOM out the wazoo here but I'm not feeling the Penguin scum case as strongly as I was.

Also this:
In post 1828, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1089, bji wrote:
Spoiler: Penguins don't like walls
In post 1088, Nero Cain wrote:lol no one called it a policy lynch.
You lie.
In post 713, LmkGuy wrote: We are essentially voting this guy right now due to him being active on site, but not posting on the thread.
Did not use the words "policy lynch" but clearly is saying that the vote is a policy lynch.
In post 733, LmkGuy wrote:I oppose the mal train because there is no actual reason to lynch him other than he is not playing the game.
Same thing. LmkGuy's position is clear.
In post 771, ironstove wrote:I guess I'm fine with a policy lynch, because that's what this feels like rn.
Explicitly called it a policy lynch.
In post 777, GreyICE wrote:Oh holy shit though.

I looked at mal's recent posts. Whatever you can be town. This is fake VLA shit.

Vote: mal

Jesus. Don't claim, just die. Fucking fake VLAers. This doesn't just make you scum, it means you're garbage who abuses site rules meant to accommodate people IRL. Welcome to the hell of "I will expect you to post content at all times in all games I am a part of regardless of VLA status."
This is clearly a policy lynch vote. Clearly states that he has no belief that Mal was actually scum and just wanted him to die because he is "garbage who abuses site rules".

Literally
everyone except you
justified their vote as a policy lynch vote, either explicitly, or implicitly by saying that they weren't sure that Mal was scum but that he should die because no one should go on V/LA in one game and still participate in other games, because that's lame.

Thor came
close
with posts like:
In post 773, Thor665 wrote:
In post 766, karnos wrote:So you are saying it's perfect to push mal and get a last minuted claim if he is a town power role? What side are you on?
The one looking to sort slots and scumhunt.
The reverse of your complaint towards me is that you are perfectly fine doing absolutely nothing to a slot that is barely here - also known as the exact reason scum lurk as a strategy. Like, if he's scum, you're giving him exactly what he wants. if he's town, you're accepting that he is playing to help scum.
I mean, if you're telling me I could just declare v/la and auto get to lylo - let me know.
He's not really saying that Mal is scum or town, though; he's making a (bogus) argument for why to lynch Mal either way. And later:
In post 775, Thor665 wrote:Of Malp's 11 posts - almost half (4) are just discussing his multiple v/las)
One is going "/first"
One is an RVS vote.
One is complaining RVS is over.

I mean, seriously.
This reads to me like anti-evidence for a reads-based vote of Mal, pointing out that Mal had basically no activity so we can't really infer alignment from anything he actually did. Leaving the only reason for voting him being policy.

You now look worse than Thor to me, and that's saying something.

UNVOTE: Thor
VOTE: Nero Cain
Here you go Penguin.
In no way, shape, or form was I referring to Penguin in that post. As he already stated, my only mention of him there was because he asked me not to post walls so I've been putting spoiler tags in with cheeky references to him as the spoiler title text.

I have a lot to say about Math's giant game summary but I don't have the time at the moment. It's Saturday morning and my 8 year old son really really just wants me to put an emoji in my post so here it is: :lol:

PEDIT: Now Nero is suggesting a Karnos-PP team??? I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THIS!!!
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:08 am

Post by bji »

Sorry I sincerely intended to spoiler that post but forgot.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”