MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1798, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1796, MathBlade wrote:Explain to me why you are reading Karnos as town.
I read karnos as not scum based on what I previously said. If karnos is not scum, then what I said about Nero/Saru must hold true. Thus, I vote Nero.
Explain it more so than meta.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

WTF? I'm saying that the only reason I scum read him was because of meta. So, I'm discounting that, and I have two stronger scum targets which I explained. Like, seriously...wtf?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1630, PenguinPower wrote:Lots of unnecessary words.

1st wall: I guess we disagree. I think votes are the only thing that matter in the end, and karnos was weakly pushing Thor while voting elsewhere. I already said his D2 was bussing, and D3 had to happen given the claim. Literally said that right above.

2nd wall: Whatever. It was a quickhammer.
From Wiki:
is a technique (usually) used by scum to
secure a lynch by hammering a player before anyone can react.
No you didn't. Your scum read on Karnos was more than meta. Try again. Explain to me why you think Karnos is town.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

No - hint, those would be complex actions.

You're being dumb, and if you want to lose this game because your initial reason for me being scum was dumb, and you're going to be dense now, then I am - once again - lay it all on you for being dumb.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

There should be the words "going to" before "lay" above.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

That sir is a contradiction.

If either you or ironstove are town that is not the way to have a healthy site going forward. Let's assume my intelligence is that of a rock. The appropriate thing to do is explain it in further detail. Not insult the player suggesting you are scum for it.

Furthermore I will be dying tonight so "laying it all down on me" would be ridiculous as I would be dead.

As I told ironstove earlier I don't respond to threats or insults.

While you believe you have adequately answered the question I however do not.

You have said the only reason you scumread Karnos was meta.
Actions Karnos have not taken are not "meta".
You scum read him for the quick hammer. Assuming it is a "complex" action (which typing a vote is not complex) it does not qualify as meta.

Therefore you are in my opinion contradicting yourself.
So explain it again to me. Why do you think Karnos is town?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1782, ironstove wrote:At this point, I'm pretty sure penguin is town.
You made a list where Penguin was your second scum read and then he made one post in between attacking Lowell.

What made you change to then town read Penguin?
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by ironstove »

How easy it is to lynch penguin and how quickly people jumped on board the penguin wagon. I'll revisit penguin if nero flips town.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1806, MathBlade wrote:Why do you think Karnos is town?
Again, I DON'T THINK KARNOS IS SCUM. There, that should call it out for you. I don't think this because THE ONLY REASON I DID WAS BECAUSE OF META, HIS TONE, AND THE WHOLE COMPLEX BUSSING/HAMMER THING THAT I REFERRED TO EARLIER. I READ NERO/SARU AS SCUM BECAUSE OF EVERYTHING I SAID IN THE PRECEDING POSTS THAT ARE RELEVANT TO THEM.

Ahh...ok. Now that I answered your question, let's break it on down now:
In post 1806, MathBlade wrote:If either you or ironstove are town that is not the way to have a healthy site going forward. Let's assume my intelligence is that of a rock. The appropriate thing to do is explain it in further detail. Not insult the player suggesting you are scum for it.
I actually find it quite offensive that you can dictate what is/is not healthy for the site. There are many different play styles across the various players on this site, and for you to call one out as "unhealthy" to the site is an attack on character.
In post 1806, MathBlade wrote:Furthermore I will be dying tonight so "laying it all down on me" would be ridiculous as I would be dead.
Um, yeah, maybe...I was previously an IC (funnily enough, in a game where karnos was scum) and made it to endgame. You don't know scum motivations.
In post 1806, MathBlade wrote:As I told ironstove earlier I don't respond to threats or insults.
And, yet you are.
In post 1806, MathBlade wrote:While you believe you have adequately answered the question I however do not.
Don't give a flying flip.
In post 1806, MathBlade wrote:You have said the only reason you scumread Karnos was meta.
Actions Karnos have not taken are not "meta".
You scum read him for the quick hammer. Assuming it is a "complex" action (which typing a vote is not complex) it does not qualify as meta.
I said I scum read him for tone, past experience ("meta"), and complex actions. You're being pedantic.
In post 1806, MathBlade wrote:Therefore you are in my opinion contradicting yourself.
Don't give a flying flip about your opinion.
In post 1806, MathBlade wrote:So explain it again to me. Why do you think Karnos is town?
See above.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Sorry, bji. I was a hypocrite.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1808, ironstove wrote:How easy it is to lynch penguin and how quickly people jumped on board the penguin wagon. I'll revisit penguin if nero flips town.
He likely will. It's Penguin and Lowell from my point of view ironstove.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I meant respond as in do things different. It's a colloquialism in such that the site has not adjusted to mine yet.

And yes, each person should be talking about what makes a game/site healthy during games. It is not an attack on character. It is saying that the act of insulting another person who scum reads you calling them dumb etc is 1) Not healthy and 2) Doesn't "bring anyone to your cause". It makes people not care.

Pedantic often solves scum games, however this is not pedanticness. This is you deliberately lying just like bji pointed out before.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Pedanticness is not a word. Keep trying to sound smart.

I'm not deliberately lying. Flip me a find out how wrong you are.

As I said to karnos in the neighborhood thread, I'm about to go IS rage on you.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Although, I kind of did a little already.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

So, you're conf!town. Great. Stop trying to lead town like you are an awesome scumhunter/townfinder. You're not. At this point, you are confirmation of one less scum, and one less town. So triggering me.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

EBWOP: One more town.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1815, PenguinPower wrote:So, you're conf!town. Great. Stop trying to lead town like you are an awesome scumhunter/townfinder. You're not. At this point, you are confirmation of one less scum, and one less town. So triggering me.
I'm not trying to sound "awesome". I am merely stating an opinion. I am naturally a "loud" personality.

However people here are consistently not explaining themselves. They are saying "x is town" and then just switching without explanation. This is not something that continue. It gives scum room to breathe.

I may not be awesome but I am sure as hell going to accurately detail every last bit and then let people attempt to rip it to shreds or give something to think about.

Where as you have oh yeah "meta" "not meta" case. You aren't explaining any of your reads.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

K. What I've said is what you're getting. Make your decision based on that.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1813, PenguinPower wrote:Pedanticness is not a word. Keep trying to sound smart.

I'm not deliberately lying. Flip me a find out how wrong you are.

As I said to karnos in the neighborhood thread, I'm about to go IS rage on you.
Last time someone said how wrong I was they flipped scum. Wanna keep baiting me sans explanation that's fine. I'll just keep scum reading you and you can yell and scream and such and I will remain perfectly calm while you try to summon the air storms of rage.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

See my above post^^^^
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1808, ironstove wrote:How easy it is to lynch penguin and how quickly people jumped on board the penguin wagon. I'll revisit penguin if nero flips town.
This is incorrect. It is not easy to lynch Penguin. People are branching off (IMHO incorrectly to Nero). Lowell is bussing here for creds IMHO because he probably expects you to push the nero mislynch through and then he could probably adjust and say "Oh look stove was wrong" my scum read is now stove and Karnos...etc.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Spoiler: All potential combinations
SaruNero Cain
SaruKarnos
SaruPenguin Power
Saruironstove
SaruLowell
Sarubji
Nero CainKarnos
Nero CainPenguin Power
Nero Cainironstove
Nero CainLowell
Nero Cainbji
KarnosPenguin Power
Karnosironstove
KarnosLowell
Karnosbji
Penguin Powerironstove
Penguin PowerLowell
Penguin Powerbji
ironstoveLowell
ironstovebji
Lowellbji

Spoiler: Vote Breakdown
So above I put all possible of potential scum teams there are and I plan on breaking it down.

Now from everyone's answers I'm extracting certain data, but I didn't want people to know what data I was extracting til I was ready to tabulate it:
The top two reads are being labelled as "scum team" the third is wiggle and the rest are "hard town reads" as will be explained in a moment.
Karnos -- Scum team Penguin and Nero / Wiggle Lowell / Hard Town reads (Saru, bji, ironstove)
bji -- Scum team Nero and Penguin / Wiggle Lowell / Hard Town reads (Saru, karnos, ironstove)
Penguin Power -- Scum team Karnos and Lowell / Wiggle Saru / Hard Town reads ( bji, Nero, ironstove)
ironstove -- Scum team Nero and Penguin / Wiggle Saru / Hard Town reads (lowell, bji, Karnos)
Lowell -- Scum team Penguin and Karnos / Wiggle bji / Hard Town (Nero, Saru, iron)
Nero and Saru -- No reads lists yet.

Now let's break this information down as to who is scumread by who:
Saru -- 2 Wiggles (Penguin Power and ironstove) and 3 hard towns (Karnos, bji, Lowell)
Nero Cain -- 4 Scum Reads (Karnos, bji, ironstove, Lowell) - Hard Town from Penguin Power
Karnos -- 3 Scum Reads (Penguin Power, Lowell) - Hard towns (bji, ironstove)
Penguin Power -- 4 Scum reads (Karnos, ironstove, lowell, bji) -- No Wiggles or Hard Towns
ironstove -- No scum reads -- 4 Hard Towns (Karnos, bji, penguin power, lowell)
Lowell -- 1 Scum read (Penguin Power) -- 2 Wiggles (Karnos and bji) -- 1 town read (iron stove)
bji -- No scum reads -- One wiggle (Lowell) -- Town reads( Karnos, Penguin Power, ironstove)

Spoiler: Explanation of the vote breakdown
The biggest thing here is that if ironstove is town one or more of his reads are likely off. (For the moment I'm assuming ironstove is town and generally a meanie when he doesn't get his way.) Generally the closer to lylo it gets the more push there is on someone with a right read. Not enough to get them lynched but enough to generate suspicion. Bji is what I would expect of a vote count of a townie whose reads who are more accurate than ironstoves. Someone has to push him and it has to be someone who would likely exist into the next day. Since bji and iron both have the same scum team likely only one of those is right.

This means likely only one of Nero and Penguin is scum and the other is town. Of the two, ironstove is much more adamant that Nero is scum. Both Nero and Penguin attacked bji in the mid 1000s range. However Penguin was the one who was caught deliberately lying about the state of the policy lynch This would make bji the counter wagon for Thor and make him town.

However scum with day talk active don't all hop on bji and with the encryptor found that just doesn't happen. Especially when Thor only had two votes . Ironstove (assuming stove is town for the moment) seems to have the right idea in asking why bji was being lynched.

Then Lowell hops on and seems to be the "don't lynch the townie vote" to try to give some legitimacy while pushing a mislynch in Saru. In He says the "bji" slot is basically town. Then why does Lowell have it in wiggle now. Not a single post addresses them in particular nor is their "penguin" read supported. This looks like more he can see where the wind is turning towards his buddy being lynched and wants to be on it "early".

In contrast Nero in post looks like a genuine list of read mistakes. Scum generally "spread out their fake reads". So as if they are ever used they can justify scumreading one of the scum people. In this case it's just so bad it has to be town. Mainly Nero's RVS is way too antagonistic to be his scum game. He's almost bragging.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p8008985
Here he just says you are lying. A lot less antagonistic. (Granted it's a replace in and not a direct copy). When Nero is town, he is antagonistic. Furthermore Nero in wouldn't ask ironstove to stop role fishing. It would be too much scum interests here.

Furthermore, Thor's vote at the start of day two was Karnos sitting. This as much as an ironstove+Karnos team makes sense to me in gut Thor and Karnos were at each others throats. I pressured him at first to see if he was replicating 1800 a bit but how Karnos has acted after the innocent child reveal makes it clear it's not 1800. He'd have been more "panicky" IMHO. Even in 1800 some of his posts had that "urgency" do it now bit. Either Thor gave him some meta tips or Karnos is probably town as much as that set up reminded me of 1800. I think I'm just biased to reading Karnos as scum. (With a large caveat of if Penguin Power flips town Then look at Karnos again with a vengeance.)

This also makes sense with myself, Saru, and Nero being the only ones off of Thor at the end of D2 (Assuming Penguin+Lowell+Thor) Saru would be AFK a lot toward the day end. I and Saru townread Thor (incorrectly) and Nero was the head of the bji wagon. If Nero was going to let Thor be no lynched it's a hell of a lot worse to post and not lynch at the end of the day. It should throw suspicion on him. Instead scum are "pocketing" Nero since someone else suspects Nero there is no reason to push there.

Now take a look at 3.3 PenguinPower was on it early after not being on it D2. It's "Damn it Thor. You fooled me." This reeks of inevitability. Furthermore in combination with his setup spec post about a rolecop is highly unlikely. Scum if they had one would have used it also on FA to see if he was okay to let go and mislynch. Instead they roleblocked, claimed his role, and killed him. It shows that penguin power isn't investing thoughts into his theory when FA confirmed their was a roleblocker.

Now furthermore, take a look at the opening after Thor was lynched. It was determined that I was the threat. In Lowell leaves off pushing Saru. Both he and I had the same explanation as to why we didn't vote Thor. However I was the more popular one. I intentionally revealed at L -2 because scum wouldn't want to be at the end of the wagon that was forming on me. There was an intentional plot to get me mislynched of which Thor would have suggested in night chat. Thor knows I am active crumber (see Wake's mafia) of which I have played with his scum meta (shame on me again for not recognizing it but kudos to him for altering it) and probably found it as soon as I replaced in and asked Lowell and Penguin Power to push. Between his inconsistency when Lowell should have been pushing Saru but instead pushes me means he is looking for an active mislynch and doesn't use his limited posts to actually hunt.

Now examine the Arona kill. This one directly leads to Penguin Power OR Saru. However Penguin didn't even try to think about who killed the townies and why. Half of the game is who posts what as scumreads and the other half is who dies. If you aren't focusing on who dies and why there's something wrong.

FA was a claimed PR and then GreyICE died. That's not indicative. What is indicative is that FA was roleblocked. It tells us that one of two things happened:
At that point scum had no idea of the other PRs and roleblocked and attempted to kill him
OR
Scum roleblocked FA and killed someone else and GreyICE either died as a result of being targeted or choosing that target.

There is also the possibility that Saru scum killed both GreyICE and Arona. Simply for suspecting him. Then the only potential partners for Saru in this case would be Penguin Power or ironstove. Karnos, bji, and Lowell wouldn't use their posts to townread Saru. (Note:Lowell's townread of Saru is unexplained push that.) Either way by lynching Power Penguin we take out a lot. Too much townreading would indicate a "WHY AREN'T YOU DEAD?" question.

It is also fishy as fuck that three people who are widely townread have the exact same scum team. (Karnos, bji, and stove) Note that Karnos again was floated around today. Similar to the bji argument Karnos is actually a threat because of where he is instinctively placing Lowell. The only way I see Karnos scum is with ironstove and in that case, we're fucked because ironstove could claim scum (like he did and I think I figured out why but I'm actually not saying why)

Spoiler: GIVE ME THE TLDR MATH NOW!!!!!!
I only see certain combinations possible and in order of priority those are:
Penguin Power + Lowell
Saru + Penguin Power
Saru + ironstove
Karnos + ironstove

Hard town reading : bji, Nero
Light town read: ironstove
Waffle House: Karnos
Light scum read: Saru (by night actions only by posts he seems townie)
The likely scum team: Penguin Power + Lowell

Ironstove, we agree on Penguin (or used to before your random unexplained Penguin is town bit). Let's lynch penguin today and then you can scream Nero from the fence later
Consider this my last will and I has hammers.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Holy crap, that was all bad.
In post 1822, MathBlade wrote:However Penguin was the one who was caught deliberately lying about the state of the policy lynch 1089 This would make bji the counter wagon for Thor and make him town.
Explains this specifically, because that post had nothing to do with me, and you're calling me out for a "deliberate lie."
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

And, for fucks sake, vote me already if you're going to be that bad.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”