(2) - Nero Cain, AlpacaAlpaca

With
players eligible to vote, it’s
to lynch!

Day 2 will end in
(expired on 2016-11-11 12:47:28).

Mod Notes:

None!
Last edited by Foxbird on Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:13 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 907, Thor665 wrote: Is there a case on LMK outside of the lurk?
In post 908, Nero Cain wrote:no unless you want to buy into the theory that he's an Alpaca buddy b/c he kinda lightheartedly embraced it and left himself some leeway to bus if needed.
In post 922, LmkGuy wrote:After a quick scan of Alpaca's ISO there isn't too much to go off. He was reasonably active at the start of the game, but dies off (presumably due to mid terms). He really hasn't posted too much, but he asks a lot of questions, without answering much himself, and also gives a lot of blanket statements.

I'm hesitant to call this scummy behaviour, but it does tend to lean that way imo. I've decided his early game play is enough to carry him through for now. It's hard to get a full read on him as he hasn't really been posting a lot of content since he started mid terms. Maybe when he gets back and starts posting I will reconsider a vote, based on his play.
Still not caught up, but this caught my eye. Literally the same page Nero (sort of) calls out lmk for his interaction with alpaca, lmk posts this. Since lmk complains there's no case on him, here it is again. He lurks, then when he does post he refuses to take a stand on anything he can't immediately back away from. This reads as coaching, trying to coax alpaca back into the game now that his name is mentioned again. Or, at very least, setting up a safe vote for himself on someone who won't fight back in case he needs it.

I could easily see an lmk/alapaca pair. My only reservation being that they're BOTH such lurkers that it's hard to imagine them orchestrating a mislynch on D1.

Going to go back and look at D1 saru wagon dissolving into mal wagon next. I think it's an either/or situation though. Either this was a scumled derailment of saru-scum wagon or this lmk/alpaca lurker-alliance. But probably not both.

VOTE: lmk
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:01 am

Post by ironstove »

This game is a joke.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:22 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 916, aronagrundy wrote:Prod dodge, will be down to lynch Thor if Saru isn't happening
In post 917, ironstove wrote:I don't have a strong town read on anyone but I'll stick with my lynch on Thor as well
Why? Can someone that's not karnos explain to me why Thor is scum as they would if I was an 8 year old?
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:24 am

Post by ironstove »

Strong resistance to the lynch indicating scum don't want to join, former read from the Tracer slot + current interactions with Thor/Karnos/Saru.

My assumption is that if Thor flips town, Karnos is scum, whereas if Thor flips scum, then Nero is also scum.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:32 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 929, ironstove wrote:current interactions with Thor/Karnos/Saru.
Talk to me about why these interactions makes you scumread Thor.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 927, ironstove wrote:This game is a joke.
so is your play
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:54 am

Post by ironstove »

In post 930, PenguinPower wrote:
Nero has never applied pressure to the Tracer slot, his scum read on alpaca is for the same reasons applicable to Tracer, but he has avoided doing so.

Later on Thor comes in aggressively trying to build a case on Karnos with Saru, later flips around to Saru, in this entire time Nero is distancing himself from Thor and town reads him, refuses to vote Thor.

Nero later creates a case on Mal's slot, an afk player and pushes everyone to lynch the slot despite very weak casing.

I vote the mal wagon because I'm afraid of a no-lynch, and I think flipping mal as town in the end is more productive than having a no-lynch.

After mal flips town, nero attempts to pin the mal mislynch on me. Either nero is playing really bad, or he's obv scum, however his adamant defense of the Thor slot without reason makes me want to flip thor first in order to determine if my reads are correct.

This is why my scum read on Nero is contingent on Thor's flip.

Now Nero is attempting to target another AFK slot, alpaca and most likely will try to pin the lynch on one of us, he is delaying time, PP you are also delaying like hell. What on earth are you waiting for?

I have been saying 'LYNCH THOR' for all of D1, I will say it all of D2, and if I'm still alive D3, I will say lynch him all of D3 as well.

All of the town players this game are mega passive and refusing to either take lead and build strong cases OR afk and refusing to join on a wagon that provides information.

The mal wagon was horrible because A. mal had almost 0 interactions in this game so his wagon gives 0 information on who is town or scum, all I've been able to glean from this is that NERO/THOR is most likely a scum pair, but THOR's flipping scum will solidify it.

If you're not sure, then just sheep me.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:55 am

Post by ironstove »

I honestly hate giving long winded explanations, but honestly we need to flip thor, vote thor everyone..............!!!!!!!!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So I didn't buy the Tracer wagon. big deal. It seemed like the Tracer wagon was solely about him being inactive. What did he do that was "OMG SO SCUMMY!" that I should have seen?

Meanwhile, Mal was being a lurksack
WHILE
posting it up elsewhere. Yes it flipped town. Who should I have suspected as shepping scum?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:07 am

Post by ironstove »

Alright, explain to me why you are scum reading alpaca and why you are town reading tracer/thor please.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:10 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Spoiler:
In post 932, ironstove wrote:
In post 930, PenguinPower wrote:
Nero has never applied pressure to the Tracer slot, his scum read on alpaca is for the same reasons applicable to Tracer, but he has avoided doing so.

Later on Thor comes in aggressively trying to build a case on Karnos with Saru, later flips around to Saru, in this entire time Nero is distancing himself from Thor and town reads him, refuses to vote Thor.

Nero later creates a case on Mal's slot, an afk player and pushes everyone to lynch the slot despite very weak casing.

I vote the mal wagon because I'm afraid of a no-lynch, and I think flipping mal as town in the end is more productive than having a no-lynch.

After mal flips town, nero attempts to pin the mal mislynch on me. Either nero is playing really bad, or he's obv scum, however his adamant defense of the Thor slot without reason makes me want to flip thor first in order to determine if my reads are correct.

This is why my scum read on Nero is contingent on Thor's flip.

Now Nero is attempting to target another AFK slot, alpaca and most likely will try to pin the lynch on one of us, he is delaying time, PP you are also delaying like hell. What on earth are you waiting for?

I have been saying 'LYNCH THOR' for all of D1, I will say it all of D2, and if I'm still alive D3, I will say lynch him all of D3 as well.

All of the town players this game are mega passive and refusing to either take lead and build strong cases OR afk and refusing to join on a wagon that provides information.

The mal wagon was horrible because A. mal had almost 0 interactions in this game so his wagon gives 0 information on who is town or scum, all I've been able to glean from this is that NERO/THOR is most likely a scum pair, but THOR's flipping scum will solidify it.

If you're not sure, then just sheep me.

So, tl;dr version is Thor is scum because Nero is scum and distancing/refusing to vote Thor. Then why aren't you voting Nero? If x is scum, and y is scum because of x, you should vote x to prove y. Not the other way around.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:16 am

Post by ironstove »

I already indicated that flipping thor provides more information that nero at this stage of the game, so I'm not sure why you're asking me this question. You have it mixed up, nero being scum is contingent on thor being scum, and if you re-read my iso instead of asking the same question that i've answered multiple times before, we wouldn't have to make filler posts like this.

lol this is a very slow unresponsive game
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why should I answer your questions when you avoid mine like the plague?

As far as I know the Tracer wagon was "he's not posting alot so this has to be scum!" There was also a "this is scum replacing out!". It doesn't seem like a very good case to me so I didn't vote it. And all I've seen so far is "vote Thor, thor is scum!" add nauseam.

I didn't really like Alpacas early game and I'm wary that your slot and LMK's slot were lukewarmly bussing.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Thor flips town, who is scum?

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 932, ironstove wrote:Later on Thor comes in aggressively trying to build a case on Karnos with Saru, later flips around to Saru
I will agree that I built a case on Karnos.
I don't recall flipping on Saru - in fact I'm pretty sure part of Karnos' issue with me is that I townread Saru, and part of Saru's case on me is that I'm buddying him.
I'm pretty sure at least one of you is insane at that stage.
In post 932, ironstove wrote:After mal flips town, nero attempts to pin the mal mislynch on me.
He did not do that.
He was pointing out that Lowell's case wasn't good and explaining why - you then acted like he was attacking you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

TBF, I
was
entertaining the idea that him and Grey were scum that were hesitant to vote Mal at first but then chose to take the free mislynch.

Who do you think I should think were the scum sheeping me on Mal?

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:54 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 937, ironstove wrote:I already indicated that flipping thor provides more information that nero at this stage of the game, so I'm not sure why you're asking me this question. You have it mixed up, nero being scum is contingent on thor being scum, and if you re-read my iso instead of asking the same question that i've answered multiple times before, we wouldn't have to make filler posts like this.

lol this is a very slow unresponsive game
Your statement is not supported by your evidence. Let's take a look.

Spoiler: Why Thor is Scum - The IronStove Saga
In post 932, ironstove wrote:Nero has never applied pressure to the Tracer slot, his scum read on alpaca is for the same reasons applicable to Tracer, but he has avoided doing so.
Thor is scum because Nero never applied pressure to the slot even though he did to Alpaca. Thor is scum because of Nero.
In post 932, ironstove wrote:Later on Thor comes in aggressively trying to build a case on Karnos with Saru, later flips around to Saru, in this entire time Nero is distancing himself from Thor and town reads him, refuses to vote Thor.
Thor is scum because he presents a case, aggressively (pot/kettle), and Nero distances himself from, town reads, and refuses to vote Thor. Thor is scum because of Nero.
In post 932, ironstove wrote:Nero later creates a case on Mal's slot, an afk player and pushes everyone to lynch the slot despite very weak casing.
Nothing to do with Thor. Guessing you think this makes Nero scum.
In post 932, ironstove wrote:After mal flips town, nero attempts to pin the mal mislynch on me. Either nero is playing really bad, or he's obv scum, however his adamant defense of the Thor slot without reason makes me want to flip thor first in order to determine if my reads are correct.
Nero tries to pin a mislynch on you, and is defensive of the Thor slot without reason. You want to make an illogical decision. Thor is scum because of Nero.
In post 932, ironstove wrote:This is why my scum read on Nero is contingent on Thor's flip.
This is why - illogical statement.
In post 932, ironstove wrote:Now Nero is attempting to target another AFK slot, alpaca and most likely will try to pin the lynch on one of us, he is delaying time, PP you are also delaying like hell. What on earth are you waiting for?
Nero is doing scummy things and I'm brought up. No mention of Thor.
In post 932, ironstove wrote:I have been saying 'LYNCH THOR' for all of D1, I will say it all of D2, and if I'm still alive D3, I will say lynch him all of D3 as well.
Admission of tunneling and intent to do nothing but tunnel.
In post 932, ironstove wrote:All of the town players this game are mega passive and refusing to either take lead and build strong cases OR afk and refusing to join on a wagon that provides information.
Anger people don't agree with you.
In post 932, ironstove wrote:The mal wagon was horrible because A. mal had almost 0 interactions in this game so his wagon gives 0 information on who is town or scum, all I've been able to glean from this is that NERO/THOR is most likely a scum pair, but THOR's flipping scum will solidify it.
Admission that you were on a horrible wagon that provided zero information. Illogical statement.
In post 932, ironstove wrote:If you're not sure, then just sheep me.
Um, yeah, no thanks.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:58 am

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: ironstove

Sorry, I couldn't keep my promise, FA. Next time.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 941, Nero Cain wrote:Who do you think I should think were the scum sheeping me on Mal?
Not sure who you're addressing on this.
My answer is, not surprisingly, Karnos.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Saru »

In post 926, Lowell wrote:Going to go back and look at D1 saru wagon dissolving into mal wagon next. I think it's an either/or situation though. Either this was a scumled derailment of saru-scum wagon or this lmk/alpaca lurker-alliance. But probably not both.
Hopefully you get around to not actively avoiding my . That'd be great.
ironstove wrote:I already indicated that flipping thor provides more information than nero at this stage of the game, so I'm not sure why you're asking me this question. You have it mixed up, nero being scum is contingent on thor being scum.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but all your scum reads are by association at this point, yeah?

What are your individual reasons for each scum read you have that don't include other people. For example, taking Nero out of the picture, why is Thor scum on his own? And then taking Thor out of the picture, why is Nero scum at all? I don't really understand either scum read of yours without the other being present, which is bleh.
Currently Playing:
N/A
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 945, Saru wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but all your scum reads are by association at this point, yeah?

What are your individual reasons for each scum read you have that don't include other people. For example, taking Nero out of the picture, why is Thor scum on his own? And then taking Thor out of the picture, why is Nero scum at all? I don't really understand either scum read of yours without the other being present, which is bleh.
I wrote a
saga
about this. Don't detract from it please. You could vote the stove-man though.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by ironstove »

Is PP this bad or is he scum?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 947, ironstove wrote:Is PP this bad or is he scum?
Solid response. A++.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by ironstove »

Who are your scum reads besides me PP?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”