Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3650 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I think Random is likely scum and was lashing out at me to throw shade on me. Rach was prodded and if she doesn't rerespond she'll be replaced so if you tilt your head just right the he is sorta right but I still think attacking me like that is scum motivated.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3651 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3648, The Ascended Masters wrote:
In post 3646, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3628, The Ascended Masters wrote:Oh, and Nero:

This is a game with Nosferatu as town not being useless. You're implying that they're always like this, but that isn't at all the case.
ok, I wasn't in that game.
Have you played with Nosferatu before?
yes
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3652 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:27 am

Post by SpyreX »

The simple fact it is so hard to swing a lurker lynch here is information and our poor vig doesnt have a tactical nuke to deal with the lurkaderp zombie hoards.

Pedit id also lynch random
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3653 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

For the most part, you lynch scum since nothing can interfere qith a lynch as where night actions are less certain. We shouldn't have to be explaining mafia theory to TAM.

The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3654 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:29 am

Post by The Ascended Masters »

In post 3649, DiamondSentinel wrote:Because that gives us information going into the night. Additionally, lurkers should be nightvigged, not dayvigged. Dayvigs should be treated as a second lynch.

If you want to know why lurkers shouldn't be lynched, and should be vigged, see Metal Gear Solid V Mafia. 3 days were wasted by trying to lynch a lurker (who admitedly was lynchproof). If they had tried to vig PV instead of lynching him, then they might have had a chance of winning that game.
Using a town trying to lynch someone who is lynchproof three days in a row as an example of why lurkers shouldn't be lynched is sort of silly, don't you think? Town got punished for lynching PV because he was lynchproof, not because he was a lurker.

You get information when you lynch scum. You don't get the same level of information when you lynch town.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3655 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:29 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3650, Nero Cain wrote:I think Random is likely scum and was lashing out at me to throw shade on me. Rach was prodded and if she doesn't rerespond she'll be replaced so if you tilt your head just right the he is sorta right but I still think attacking me like that is scum motivated.
Almost seems too wolfy to be a wolf though. Like, what's the point of attacking you there when you're not a wagon and rach (who's being discussed) isn't either? I mean, I guess it could just be scum playing badly, but I'd think that attacking you for being wrong on the facts when he himself was wrong on the facts is just bad play in and of itself and not especially AI.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3656 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:30 am

Post by SpyreX »

Dont you 2 scum 4 scum damnit not here not now
Show

Proud member of BaM
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3657 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3652, SpyreX wrote:The simple fact it is so hard to swing a lurker lynch here is information and our poor vig doesnt have a tactical nuke to deal with the lurkaderp zombie hoards.

your scum buddy first. Then you, Random and DS.

The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3658 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:30 am

In post 3653, Nero Cain wrote:For the most part, you lynch scum since nothing can interfere qith a lynch as where night actions are less certain. We shouldn't have to be explaining mafia theory to TAM.
By to TAM do you mean to DiamonSentinel? He's the one who's saying that we should avoid lynching scumreads if they're lurking because they don't give enough information when they die.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3659 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:31 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Which isn't to say that random is a town read, just that that moment in and of itself strikes me as null/bad play and nit necessarily wolfy. If there isn't day chat I'd be more suspicious, but my sense is larges usually have day chat. Is that correct?
Show
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3660 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:31 am

In post 3659, mhsmith0 wrote:Which isn't to say that random is a town read, just that that moment in and of itself strikes me as null/bad play and nit necessarily wolfy. If there isn't day chat I'd be more suspicious, but my sense is larges usually have day chat. Is that correct?
yes but it wouldn't be suspicious without day chat either
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3661 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:31 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 3617, Nero Cain wrote:My stance on Nos is they will lurk and be useless regardless of alignment so they are a stupid lynch. Now if we wanted to lynch a scummy lurker we could lynch RM. Random more than Rach at this point.
I take great offense to this.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3662 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:32 am

Post by SpyreX »

Oh yea if he flips scum I'm lynched that's fine.

The issue is when he flips town theres gonna be an army of derrrrrrr tomorrow because you all cant be scum. And when activr players eat knives again and we have the but lurrrkekerkeekers well
Show

Proud member of BaM
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3663 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:34 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3660, The Ascended Masters wrote:
In post 3659, mhsmith0 wrote:Which isn't to say that random is a town read, just that that moment in and of itself strikes me as null/bad play and nit necessarily wolfy. If there isn't day chat I'd be more suspicious, but my sense is larges usually have day chat. Is that correct?
Without day chat he'd be lying on his own more, and I could see the need to produce "content" or an overreaction to shade thrown as possible reasons to suspect him. With day chat, though, it'd surprise me more. Like, what's the point of saying something that's very obviously going to make himself look bad? I'd expect him to bring it up in day chat there as opposed to reacting itt, unless we're dealing with lol wolves here.
Show
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3664 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:34 am

This is a game that you played with Nosferatu where he was town and not useless at all. The other recent game I found he was scum and useless and replaced out D1.

What are you getting this "useless regardless of alignment" thing from again?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3665 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:35 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

^flying on his own
Show
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3666 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:35 am

Post by SpyreX »

I couldn understand thinking I'm scum cheerleading against a mislynch way better than nacho and i scum togther that would be pants on head
Show

Proud member of BaM
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3667 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3661, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 3617, Nero Cain wrote:My stance on Nos is they will lurk and be useless regardless of alignment so they are a stupid lynch. Now if we wanted to lynch a scummy lurker we could lynch RM. Random more than Rach at this point.
lo siento.

As far as I remember I've only played with you twice, once as scum and once as town. In both games I don't remember you doing anything. In the town game once you got to MYLO you towned it up but my stance is still that you are p useless early game.

The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3668 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:36 am

In post 3663, mhsmith0 wrote:
Without day chat he'd be lying on his own more, and I could see the need to produce "content" or an overreaction to shade thrown as possible reasons to suspect him. With day chat, though, it'd surprise me more. Like, what's the point of saying something that's very obviously going to make himself look bad? I'd expect him to bring it up in day chat there as opposed to reacting itt, unless we're dealing with lol wolves here.
I find that reasoning weak and reachy. People say things that are blatantly wrong all the time but unfortunately it's not always alignment indicative. I don't think that there's scum motivation for saying that Rach was replaced. Do you?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3669 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:36 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3661, Nosferatu wrote:
Is that seriously all you have to say on that?
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3670 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:38 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3668, The Ascended Masters wrote:
In post 3663, mhsmith0 wrote:
I find that reasoning weak and reachy. People say things that are blatantly wrong all the time but unfortunately it's not always alignment indicative. I don't think that there's scum motivation for saying that Rach was replaced. Do you?
If he is feeling the need to produce content, and said content is bad, I can conceive of scum motivation behind his inability to produce better content, and the need to look like he's doing stuff. But like I said. I think it's much more bad play than AI.
Show
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3671 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:40 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 3654, The Ascended Masters wrote:
In post 3649, DiamondSentinel wrote:Because that gives us information going into the night. Additionally, lurkers should be nightvigged, not dayvigged. Dayvigs should be treated as a second lynch.

If you want to know why lurkers shouldn't be lynched, and should be vigged, see Metal Gear Solid V Mafia. 3 days were wasted by trying to lynch a lurker (who admitedly was lynchproof). If they had tried to vig PV instead of lynching him, then they might have had a chance of winning that game.
Using a town trying to lynch someone who is lynchproof three days in a row as an example of why lurkers shouldn't be lynched is sort of silly, don't you think? Town got punished for lynching PV because he was lynchproof, not because he was a lurker.

You get information when you lynch scum. You don't get the same level of information when you lynch town.
That's 100% false. You get just as much information for lynching town as you do for lynching scum.

First of all, when a town is strongarmed early in the game, more than likely, the biggest people pushing for that lynch are town. Yadda yadda yadda long story short town lynches give information if you know what to look for.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
The Ascended Masters
The Ascended Masters
Goon
The Ascended Masters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3672 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:43 am

In post 3671, DiamondSentinel wrote:
First of all, when a town is strongarmed early in the game, more than likely, the biggest people pushing for that lynch are town.
what
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3673 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:43 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3671, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 3654, The Ascended Masters wrote:

That's 100% false. You get just as much information for lynching town as you do for lynching scum.

First of all, when a town is strongarmed early in the game, more than likely, the biggest people pushing for that lynch are town. Yadda yadda yadda long story short town lynches give information if you know what to look for.
So since it seems like you're representing a nacho lynch as being for info, who looks better or worse from a town/wolf flip and why? "lynches give info" can justify and lynch at all.

Ps for that matter, since lynch info matters to you, what did you think you learned from the MOZ lynch? Who are the villagers who strognarmed that one?
Show
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3674 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:43 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 3657, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3652, SpyreX wrote:The simple fact it is so hard to swing a lurker lynch here is information and our poor vig doesnt have a tactical nuke to deal with the lurkaderp zombie hoards.

your scum buddy first. Then you, Random and DS.
Can you not? I mean, honestly, how can you read what I'm posting and say "You know, I bet this guy is
totally
scum. Like, everything he says is just scummy, and deserves a lynch." Are you even reading? Or are you scum. I doubt you're scum, because this push is nonsensical, and when I flip town, it
should
lead to your lynch (although with the current level of play, who can tell). I don't think that you're that bad of a player as to just be completely be suicidal on your scum game, but who can say.

Seriously, please start trying, Nero.

PEdit: Thanks for asking that, smith. You get a townread for actually trying this game.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”