Mini Normal 1843 - Endgame

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 722, goodmorning wrote:@hoopla: ah, the jokes are back again hmk
Lets be honest, was there any other appropriate reaction to your comment about me that essentially boiled down to
"too townie to be town"
(the rare, but charming companion piece to
"too scummy to be scum"
)?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:07 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 719, BlackVoid wrote:So, the more I think about this, GM is probably town. I do like her points on Jaack and I think the emotional push on Victor looked townish which means my scumteam theory is probably wrong. There was also something about the way Jaack was grilling MariaR that gave me townvibes.

Making a note to myself to look at Grey/Rask/Hoopla interactions. All of them are weird and there might be something there. The Rask/Hoopla early game cases on each other + Rask voting Sotty7 after he called her scum with BBT and then defending GreyICE + Hoopla's unvote of an L-1 wagon with intent to hammer. There's something there and I need to figure out if that's the team. That's my new working theory.
Sooooo... all I need is for BV to find 9 scum reads and 3 town reads and I think we've got this game in the bag.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:11 pm

Post by MariaR »

jack Iai and victor? Maybe BV or grey?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Blah
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:12 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 722, goodmorning wrote:
p-edit @ victor:
In post 354, goodmorning wrote:Victor's entrance was scummier than anyone else's (including IAI's, while we're going there); it came near the bottom of p2, when there was plenty to comment on, yet he dropped an RV and left. Currently, he's playing the semantic game he accuses others of playing, misrepping Hoopla, refusing to provide much useful content, and attempting to infuriate me.
(in response to sotty asking for a very condensed version)

mmmmk.
If you're going to stop ignoring me, then why not respond to my questions in 320 about BBT?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:14 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 717, MariaR wrote:F is for friends who do stuff together-Aw fine
Do you want to talk to Michael cause you think he's town or just wanna hear what he's gotta say
Because I genuinely have no read on him. If you pointed a gun at me I'd guess scum. There's just too many contradictions in a bad way. But then he goes and follows up on a point or something and I feel better. But like things like this grate:
In post 302, MichelSableheart wrote:I'm very concerned with how other players perceive me, so I make sure to make my thoughts as explicit as I possibly can. That way, players see I'm coming from a town mindset.
In post 77, MichelSableheart wrote: Also, looking over goodmorning's ISO, I don't see a lot there that's making me feel good about the slot. Better bandwagon then Rask, IMO.

Vote: goodmorning
REALLY FUCKING EXPLICIT THOUGHTS THERE AMRIGHT? OH NO WAIT ITS TRANSPARENT AS LEAD

I don't think his reasoning is very good, which is a very bad sign from someone who states his goal is to make his reasoning as explicit as possible. I think it's a hard playstyle to do as scum, and I think the alignment non-indicative "this is how I play" and "I lynch all liars" stuff is giving him a town read his posting hasn't earned.

Soooo... I think it's time me and him have an explicit chat. He can bring the reasoning, I'll bring the profanity.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:16 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 723, goodmorning wrote:ftr genuinely trying to infuriate someone is a huge scumtell imo

because it's a really anti-town action but you can pretend it's not your fault
No one's attempting to infuriate you, your just getting yourself angry because, well, to be honest I don't get what your so angry about. Could it be because I got your number so early?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:17 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I'd like to nominate the post above me as the single most fake post in this thread.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:18 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I put it in an authenticity detector and it said "Donald Trump's hair"
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:19 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 730, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 723, goodmorning wrote:ftr genuinely trying to infuriate someone is a huge scumtell imo

because it's a really anti-town action but you can pretend it's not your fault
No one's attempting to infuriate you, your just getting yourself angry because, well, to be honest I don't get what your so angry about. Could it be because I got your number so early?
The fact people townread this **** shocks me behind belief
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:19 pm

Post by MariaR »

Beyond *
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:20 pm

Post by MariaR »

"Is the reason you're making this post because you're scum and I found you out this early in the game?"

WHAT?????????
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:22 pm

Post by MariaR »

That's like If I said

I'm really sad today guys

Person B: Are you sad because I sr you and you're mafia!
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 731, GreyICE wrote:I'd like to nominate the post above me as the single most fake post in this thread.
So you don't want to respond to anything else I said?
MariaR wrote:That's like If I said

I'm really sad today guys

Person B: Are you sad because I sr you and you're mafia!
Funnily enough, it wouldn't shock me if you found this exact exchange in a past game of mine. :lol:
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:35 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Diary of BV, Day 37: I see a connection between Maria and Goodmorning now. How will we pull this together? If only we could isolate a common factor... aha! Mhsmith0. That man ties the entire plot together. Surely he is the reason that I am alone in this universe, except for my good friends IAI and Victor, who will surely not keep me alive to LyLo while all my scumreads get night killed.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:38 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 737, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 731, GreyICE wrote:I'd like to nominate the post above me as the single most fake post in this thread.
So you don't want to respond to anything else I said?
Sure. Lets see. Hmmm.

- You're stretching!
- You should read!
- You're reaching!

Then you respond by my point that you're not pushing Goodmorning or working with any of the people townreading you to get her lynched by saying "well yeah I'd still lynch her". You know what? I imagine you would.

You want the only response any townie should have?

Vote: Victor

Let's rumble bitch
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:43 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

Sigh,

I say your stretching so you say I'm stretching in response, I say you should read so you say I should read in response... etc

I'm disappointed Grey, I at least thought you'd try to make this interesting.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:00 pm

Post by GreyICE »

You're a broken record. Stretching! Read more! Stretching! I mean I'm proud you found a thesaurus and discovered reaching was a synonym for stretching but your response sucked. And now you're trying to taunt me.

I seriously wanted sableheart to chat because I don't like some of his stuff, but you're uncomfortable with where you stand. It's predictable, the only things you've really cared about is other people's town reads (getting your own scum reads pushed at all is a distant second) but if you're not going to sit patiently, then I'll cram a wagon down your throat and talk to sableheart too. It'll be multitasking.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:40 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 741, GreyICE wrote:You're a broken record. Stretching! Read more! Stretching! I mean I'm proud you found a thesaurus and discovered reaching was a synonym for stretching but your response sucked. And now you're trying to taunt me.
Oh hang on, what you weren't saying that my comments were a stretch, but you were simply demonstrated reading comprehension. Did you really think I was asking you to summarise what I said? :roll:
I seriously wanted sableheart to chat because I don't like some of his stuff, but you're uncomfortable with where you stand. It's predictable, the only things you've really cared about is other people's town reads (getting your own scum reads pushed at all is a distant second) but if you're not going to sit patiently, then I'll cram a wagon down your throat and talk to sableheart too. It'll be multitasking.
Where did you get the impression I was uncomfortable with where I stand? Ditto on the getting townreads statement. If you really think you're going to push a Victor wagon, you might want to check the thread to see if there's anything to justify your statements.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:03 pm

Post by Hoopla »

This has been a good hustle by Grey so far. He's really doing his slot proud, but I'm still not sold on Victor scum, sooooo I'm just gonna chill on the Jack wagon for a while...
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:11 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 684, Hoopla wrote:I think the ease with which this BBT/Grey wagon has powered along with virtually no opposition is throwing me off. This has been compounded recently by IAI's L-1 vote, Cloud's willingness to hammer it, and everyone pretty much sitting on their hands mildly content with the proceedings. No Jack has sprung up despite interest in it. There have been vague rumblings about the BBT/Grey wagon from Maria and Rask, but nobody is going WAIT A MINUTE, HOLD ON A SECOND HERE.

So... I am confused. And I'd like to see what Grey says. And I'd like IAI to come in here and explain his reads and have a chat with me.
Let's chat. I hate falling behind and when I have to read 25 pages in 2 days I basically pulled out a piece of paper and note any positive or negative post that I notice. Two columns.

For example if something catches my eye, negative column (poster, post #, reasoning or connection to another player later, etc).

If a player after that catches the same thing I did, they'd get a positive point.

I also note early scum and town tells on my paper but I don't disclose those in thread cause when you do people stop making those tells. I note this practice in almost every game I play and can link to it if people are wary of this.

At the end of the catchup I sum up the positives and negatives and connections and formulate my scum and town list. Needless to say bbt/greyice had almost all negatives (1 positive) and jack had all negatives. I also saw a connection or two between them.

I also find it interesting that GI listed me victor and jack as his scum reads, yet he votes victor and pushes me for vig, despite jack receiving the most attention in thread other than bbt at this moment. Classic scum including 1 mate in his scum list but pushing others?

As for the L-1 vote, go read pick your powers D2, and despite scumming up the thread and having zmuffin and pieguyn and myself pushing his lynch, scum GI escaped. He only was lynched D3 due to N2 actions by the watcher.

I'm pretty sure that slot is scum and to leave scum GI alive is like playing with fire.

Just curious hoopla, why the unvote, esp when a claim request was made? Did your read change?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:12 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 743, Hoopla wrote:This has been a good hustle by Grey so far. He's really doing his slot proud, but I'm still not sold on Victor scum, sooooo I'm just gonna chill on the Jack wagon for a while...
Once again read pick your power day 2. Good hustle by GI is NAI.

Reread BBT and you'll get your answer.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:20 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 602, GreyICE wrote:IAIs ISO is a teenage wasteland. I'll be caught up soon! Uh huh. Obviously it's bad. Not enough to motivate me to lynch day 1, but an acceptable vig target.

Jack is... a good vote. A really good vote. His posts are just fake feeling and shallow. Like reading from a script.

Maria is town.

I've never played with MichaelSableheart before. We're going to press all each other's buttons. I think he's town though.

Rask is town. Sotty town. Two face town. Victor scum.

Huh I have too many town reads. Unless it is Victor/Jack/IAI. Feels wrong.
Jack is a really good vote that hoopla, maria, blackvoid, myself have all expressed suspicion of...yet votes victor.

When GI flips scum jack is next.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:23 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 602, GreyICE wrote:IAIs ISO is a teenage wasteland. I'll be caught up soon! Uh huh. Obviously it's bad. Not enough to motivate me to lynch day 1, but an acceptable vig target.

Jack is... a good vote. A really good vote. His posts are just fake feeling and shallow. Like reading from a script.

Maria is town.

I've never played with MichaelSableheart before. We're going to press all each other's buttons. I think he's town though.

Rask is town. Sotty town. Two face town. Victor scum.

Huh I have too many town reads. Unless it is Victor/Jack/IAI. Feels wrong.
In post 741, GreyICE wrote:You're a broken record. Stretching! Read more! Stretching! I mean I'm proud you found a thesaurus and discovered reaching was a synonym for stretching but your response sucked. And now you're trying to taunt me.

What happened between these posts that had Michel going from town to not liking some of his stuff?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:25 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 555, MichelSableheart wrote:I've skimmed everything, but have thoroughly read the first 6 pages.

It seems that part of my feelings for goodmorning were caused by skimming. Posts like #112 do have solid content buried within the fluff, but that's not immediately obvious when skimming.

Such implicit content seems slightly more likely to come from town then from scum, as they're generally somewhat less concerned with how they're perceived. Therefore:

Unvote

BBT is not a bad wagon. The way he asks rask for scum ON the wagon immediately after unvoting in #97 seems like a calculated way to focus attention on others for something he did as well.

Vote: BlueBloodedToffee

Noting that Jaack and BBT are unlikely to be scumpartners, as I feel the interaction in #97, #101 and #102 is a 1-2 punch that scum wouldn't set up that early in the game. Scum would be more likely to keep a bit of distance, to safe the coordinated attack for when it's more impactful.
...esp since this is his last post which was BEFORE ur town read of him.

Lol at that read progression...
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:56 pm

Post by Hoopla »

How many points have I won so far, IAI?
In post 744, I Am Innocent wrote:Just curious hoopla, why the unvote, esp when a claim request was made? Did your read change?
My unvote was to prevent any cheeky premature hammers, as we still hadn't squeezed much information out of Grey yet.
In post 745, I Am Innocent wrote:Once again read pick your power day 2. Good hustle by GI is NAI.

Reread BBT and you'll get your answer.
My read on the slot hasn't really changed, but Grey is providing good value IF he's town, so I'm okay with letting him live a bit longer and maybe nail a scumbag or two if he's town. I feel like this might be a controversial position, but I really don't think there's that much difference percentage-wise between most of the viable lynches to be scum (even the best players aren't that much better than random on D1, imo). As such, I factor in value to the town into my D1 choices, and Grey has value if he's town -- whereas we don't lose as much if we're wrong about Jack.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”