Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by Peers »

Tarhalindur wrote: Hmm. Perceptive.

Perhaps there is an acceptable compromise here for all sides.

Unvote, Vote: No Lynch

If everybody plays right, Happily Ever After is inevitable.
Truly spoken like someone who realizes there is no hope for him to convince one of the other factions to work with him. Personally? I'm more than willing to help the Town wipe out the Wolves, and then watch the game continue as Town vs Mafia. I think it would be a fun match, and I'm not even confident we'd win... it's the sport of it, you see. You, on the other hand... you've realized there's no trust in you. You've been outed as a liar, whereas I've been truthful. I may be Mafia, but you sir, are scum.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Wikipedia wrote: "The werewolves", writes Richard Verstegan (Restitution of Decayed Intelligence, 1628), "are certayne sorcerers, who having annoynted their bodies with an ointment which they make by the instinct of the devil, and putting on a certayne inchaunted girdle, does not only unto the view of others seem as wolves, but to their own thinking have both the shape and nature of wolves, so long as they wear the said girdle. And they do dispose themselves as very wolves, in worrying and killing, and most of humane creatures." Such were the views about lycanthropy current throughout the continent of Europe when Verstegan wrote.
TENTH VOTECOUNT

Tarhalindur
(6) - Peers , ooba , curiouskarmadog , Kanaga , WhoMe? , Flyinghawk

Peers
(2) - ZONEACE , davidangelsummers
ZONEACE
(1) - Kison
No lynch
(1) - Tarhalindur

Not voting
(4): cicero , IH , Twomz , ChocolateAttack

Needed for a lynch: 8 votes
Negotiable deadline: 22 days

If by deadline no one has 8 votes player with more votes is lynched
If two players have same number of votes lynch is decided by duel
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

happily ever after????

you're a wolf, there is not happily ever after for the wolves. He gets killed by the woodmans in Little Red Ridding Hood and doesn't fair to well in the 3 little pigs.

unvote vote tar
as that does in fact seem like the best play for today.

also
FOS Gigante Flyinghawk

1119 reaks of distancing (from who I'm not positive) but it just doesn't feel right.

that's -1

anyone who would like the honor, may now hammer.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Unvote, Vote: Tarhalindur

NO RLY
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by ooba »

Damn it .. We should have waited before lynching .. Peers i think you're better off checking WhoMe? than the claimed sorcerers ..
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:03 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

It's too late at night for a lynch scene now, so it goes tomorrow.

Roles with night talk ability can start now, Day 5 starts 72 hours after the lynch scene has been posted, or after all night choices have been received.

Was Tarhalindur a wolf as he claimed? Or is the town up for a big surprise?

Stay tuned, the answer will be given in less than 24 hours! :twisted:
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:55 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

FINAL VOTECOUNT

Tarhalindur
( 8 ) - Peers , ooba , curiouskarmadog , Kanaga , WhoMe? , Flyinghawk , ZONEACE , Tarhalindur

Peers
(1) - davidangelsummers
ZONEACE
(1) - Kison

Not voting
(4): cicero , IH , Twomz , ChocolateAttack

------

Day 4 - Cursed

After finding out that Cephir was innocent, players must decide wether curiouskarmadog was a just misguided good citizen that really thought Cephir was scum, or an evil wolf/mafioso trying to frame an innocent:

Kison
: So, Cephir was not scum. What should we do now?
Flyinghawk
: Let's fulfill Cephir's last wish. Let's lynch CKD!
curiouskarmadog
: Ok, I have no arguments left to defend myself. If the town cannot forgive a poor sorcerer for being wrong there is nothing left for me to do here.
*puts the rope around his own neck*

ooba
: Noooooo! Don't give up, CKD! I'm a sorcerer too, we work on alternate days!
cicero
: Well, if ooba confirms CKD's role it means they are both innocent... Unless they are both lying.
Twomz
: Yes, but we can't lynch claimed sorcerers. They could turn us into frogs, couldn't they?
Tarhalindur
: Let's lynch Peers intead. He tryed to kill CKD. I saw it with my superpowers.
davidangelsummers
: Wait, what kind of superpowers?
ZONEACE
: Powers like superman powers? Or like spiderman powers?
Peers
: Ok, I admit. I'm really from the mafia. But Tarhalindur is lying about his superpowers, he is surely a wolf.
WhoMe?
: Yes, because wolves can't kill mafia! He wants the townsfolk to do the dirty job for them!
Kanaga
: Let's lynch Tarhalindur instead!
Tarhalindur
: Bah, you saw through my evil plot...

Tarhalindur takes a leather collar from his pocket and wears it.
From the moment he puts on the accessory fur starts to grow all around his body,he practically doubles in size, and menacing claws show up ready to rip human limbs apart...again.

Tarhalindur
: Mwahahahaha! You have found me, but you can't defeat me! Now you will know my TRUE superpow...

THUMP

To everyone's surprise (specially his own) Tarhalindur now falls to the ground, his head almost split in half.
Standing behind where he was is a girl, the blood covered object (a kind of cane, with a silvery ornament on the handle) on her hands explains what, althought not why, happened.

girl
:(speaking to a boy behind her) Was it him, Jimmy?
boy
: No. Looks like another mistake, sis.
girl
:
grrrrrrr

*turns to the players*

girl
: Sorry, guys. We were just trying to destroy the source of a curse. False alarm, as it seems. We won't bother you anymore.
*turns to the boy*

girl
:Let's go Jimmy!
boy
: Sure, Ellie.

They turn their backs to a dead body and 13 dumbfounded players and go away never to be seen again.

IH
: Lift a curse? I think they should stay around to read some of those votecount quotes. They could learn a thing or two.
ChocolateAttack
: Man... was that... Christina Ricci...?<3<3<3

Tarhalindur, werewolf. was lynched on Day 4

MOD NOTE:

The flavor in this post is just a humorous summary of the conversations during the game. No alignement and no portion of the setup is revealed there.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:10 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

IMPORTANT
:
I said before that Day 5 would start 72 hours after the lynch scene, but since I was very, very late to upload it (sorry). I would like to start Day 5 as soon as possible.
It's not like the lynch scene revealed anything new, so you already had enough time to take decisions.
I will start Day 5 tonight or tomorrow night, depending on the delivery of the still pending night action(s).
Thanks in advance. ;)
DR
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:20 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Night 4 - Why is it so big?

Once upon a time there lived in Nox Hill a little mafia player, his name was Flyinghawk. He was loved by all and, despite his age, reputed as a decent mafia player. His only relative alive was his grandmother, who loved him very much. He used to wear a red riding hood made by his grandmother, because of that people used to call him “Little Red Flying Hawk”

One day Flyinghawk, after making posts in all of his mafia games, thought to himself:
Flyinghawk
: I really could use grandma’s money now, but she is almost 90 and doesn’t seem even close to dying.

Little Red Flying Hawk bought 30 dollars of candy, chocolate and junk food in general, and set out immediately to visit his diabetic grandmother, who lived in a shack in the middle of the woods on the outskirts of Nox Hill.
As he was going through the woods, he met a fellow player, who was actually a werewolf in disguise. The wolf wanted so much to nightkill him right there, but in the open like that he could draw unwanted attention. He could be seen by a rival mafioso, or even a town power role.

wolf
: Where are you going, kid?
*The poor Flyinghawk was innocent, and didn’t know it was dangerous to talk to players of unknown alignement in the middle of the night.*

Flyinghawk
: Me? I’m going to, er, visit my grandma.
wolf
: Does she live far?
Flyinghawk
: Not really, she lives on the other side of that hill.

The wolf discovered Flyinghawk would take the left path to contour the hill. He then said goodbye and ran as fast as he could on the path to the right. His intention was to outrun Flyinghawk and get there first.
When the wolf finally arrived at the shack he found nothing of the grandma, but a note on the door “gone to Rio de Janeiro, back on March”. He got a bit disappointed, since he was up for a snack, but the main course was about to arrive. He then shut the door, dressed in some of the old woman's clothes and got into the grandmother's bed, expecting Little Red Flying Hawk, who came some time afterwards and knocked at the door.

wolf
: Who’s there?
Flyinghawk
: Little Red Flying Hawk! I brought some, er, sugar-free candies for you!
wolf
: Come in.
*Flyinghawk entered the house and was immediately taken by a feeling of nostalgia.*

Flyinghawk
: These are all for you, grandma. Want to eat them now?
wolf
: Give them to me, dear.
*raises his hand*

Flyinghawk
: Grandmother, what big arms you have!
wolf
: All the better to hug you, dear.
*hugs Flyinghawk*

Flyinghawk
: Grandmother, what big ears you have!
wolf
: All the better to hear your voice, my child..
Flyinghawk
: Grandmother, what big eyes you have!
wolf
: All the better to see your smile, my love..
Flyinghawk
: Grandmother, what big teeth you have got!
wolf
: All the better to .... you’ll see.

Flyinghawk was dismembered and eaten piece by piece.
He will no more need the money of his grandmother, who is by now getting a tan somewhere on Copacabana Beach.

Flyinghawk, townie, was killed by the wolves

wikipedia wrote:Although no written forms of the tale predate Perrault, the origins of the Little Red Riding Hood story can be traced to oral versions from various European countries and more than likely preceding the 17th century, of which several exist, some significantly different from the currently-known, Grimms-inspired version. It was told by French peasants in the 14th century as well as in Italy, where a number of versions exist, including La finta nonna (The False Grandmother). It is also possible that this early tale has roots in very similar Oriental tales (e.g. "Grandaunt Tiger").

These early variations of the tale differ from the currently known version in several ways. The antagonist is not always a wolf, but sometimes an ogre or a ‘bzou’ (werewolf), making these tales relevant to the werewolf-trials (similar to witch trials) of the time (e.g. the trial of Peter Stumpp)
. The wolf usually leaves the grandmother’s blood and meat for the girl to eat, who then unwittingly cannibalises her own grandmother. Furthermore, the wolf was also known to ask her to remove her clothing and toss it into the fire. Also, once the girl is in bed with the wolf she sees through his disguise and tries to escape, complaining to her ‘grandmother’ that she needs to defecate and would not wish to do so in the bed. The wolf reluctantly lets her go, tied to a piece of string so she does not get away. However, the girl slips the string over something else and gets away.

It has been noted that in these stories she escapes with no help from any male or older female figure, but instead utilises her own cunning.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:22 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

With 12 players alive 7 votes are needed for a lynch.
It's now Day 5.
Game on,
Play with honor.
DR
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:32 am

Post by cicero »

So Mafia, who did you try to kill?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:41 am

Post by cicero »

And... shock of shocks, both of our "sorcerors" remain alive and unharmed by wolves.

Un-friggin-canny.
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:57 am

Post by WhoMe? »

I'm more interested inhearing the mafia target right now. As I said yesterday, there being alive could mean that they are wolves OR that they are genuine and are being set up.
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:08 am

Post by cicero »

WhoMe? wrote:I'm more interested inhearing the mafia target right now. As I said yesterday, there being alive could mean that they are wolves OR that they are genuine and are being set up.
Totally.

Cuz as scum it's always a good reason to leave doctors alive to block your kills. Especially in a game where scum needs to
lynch scum
and nightkill townies, and where if a nightkill fails it would be crucial to be able to use that information to identify who is in the other scum group so that you can push for their lynch.

If this proves to be the case it will be one interesting strategy on the wolves part. ;-)
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:24 am

Post by ZONEACE »

I think it warrants an FOS on both CKD and Ooba because really, it's better for the wolves to kill them at night (its less important for the mafia to do so since a sorceror would not affect their kill) because they need to use the days to kill mafia. And with a confirmed mafia already in line for the lynching it would be pointless to risk postponing his lynching by causing the town to mislynch a sorceror.

I'm gonna go ahead and upgrade that FOS
Vote CKD
This will change to a vote on peers later in the day as I'd rather not vote for him now just in case some people (especially the remaining wolves) get a little trigger happy and quick lynch him before we get any useful info from him.

and because I'm voting CKD i need
FOS ooba
as well because if one of them is a wolf the other is also (i think we can all agree on that.)
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:10 am

Post by WhoMe? »

if we are going to lynch one of the claimed sorcerors, wouldn't it be better to lynch ooba, as ckd has the protect tonight if he comes up telling the truth?
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:15 am

Post by cicero »

WhoMe? wrote:if we are going to lynch one of the claimed sorcerors, wouldn't it be better to lynch ooba, as ckd has the protect tonight if he comes up telling the truth?
Yup.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:42 am

Post by ZONEACE »

WhoMe? wrote:if we are going to lynch one of the claimed sorcerors, wouldn't it be better to lynch ooba, as ckd has the protect tonight if he comes up telling the truth?

Oh right, I got their nights mixed up.

unvote vote ooba

I still just don't buy the claims.
Flyinghawk
Flyinghawk
Goon
Flyinghawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by Flyinghawk »

mmrhhmm.

all I have to say about previous night scene is

Thats what she said.

good day.

-little red flyinghawk.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:40 pm

Post by Peers »

Okay, so... either the person we targetted last night was a wolf, or he was protected by the doc.

The problem is, if we just come out and name him, it's possible for someone to fake-claim the Doc and say they protected him.

How would the town like to solve this problem, before I do The Big Reveal?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:49 pm

Post by cicero »

There is no possible way to solve that problem is there?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:03 pm

Post by Kison »

ZONEACE wrote:
ooba wrote: So if someone who hasn't posted in a while , comes and defends somebody who is danger of getting lynched - that would make them automatically scum buddies? Weird Logic to say the least ..

FOS : Zoneace
No it doesn't automatically make them scumbuddies. BUT, my original suspicions, coupled with the shoddy claim and sudden reappearance makes them scum buddies.
Kison appears when Kison pleases ! He has no scum ties. No lies.

Truth.

CKD, why the fuck did you vote yourself yesterday? Self votes almost never aid in gaining my trust.
curiouskarmadog wrote:I am not going to survive the night if I dont hang today...my lynch will provide a ton of information this damn town needs...this BW is one of the scummiest I have seen ever on this site.
Whaddya know! The fact you're still alive isn't what bugs me - it's the fact you used it as an argument. Primarily, you pleaded much of yesterday, then play the "i need to be lynched" card to come across as lacking self-preservation.
ZONEACE wrote:thats how it looks, but the two sorcerers are like 1 one since there will never be more than one protection attempt a day. and as far as we know there could be more.
Two that are one, but with two lives, where, if one is expired, the other becomes a half. So slightly more beneficial.
oola wrote:Where peers made his mistake was not seeing the possibility that you could have been protected by the doc that night. And tar was just making up numbers based on the Night choices i revealed.
I agree with this. People are assuming that Tar is telling the truth in full with what he is saying about his "role" - we don't know who
really
targeted CKD. We just know the Mafia did, as per Peer's claim. As a result, there's nothing to prove that his kill was not prevented by some other means.

OK! I'm thinking lynching Tar was a slight boo-boo. We just lost ouf frakking anti-Mafia informant. Good news is that other Wolves can't be NK'd, so when we do find another, they'll tell us whatever information they know on the other, assuming they do so before they're hammered(thinking they have a way out of it). I say from now on, before we hammer, we leave that on the table.

Thinking we might find Mafia in the people opposing going after CKD/Oobalooba, but instead wanting to go after Tar - they'd obviously want to get rid of the informant.

Thinking we should hear the target.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:33 pm

Post by Twomz »

Peers wrote:Okay, so... either the person we targetted last night was a wolf, or he was protected by the doc.

The problem is, if we just come out and name him, it's possible for someone to fake-claim the Doc and say they protected him.

How would the town like to solve this problem, before I do The Big Reveal?
Yes, let's reveal all the anti mafia roles to the mafia before you give us the information which we cannot guarantee is authentic.... /sarcasm.

Vote: Peers
It is in both scum groups best interests to get rid of the other group, but there is no reason Peers should live through today. If he wants to live as a mafia informant for the town to find the wolves... well too bad, we cannot afford to give them that kind of advantage as they pick off town and wolves with their numbers intact.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:49 pm

Post by Kison »

He should definitely be the default vote, I agree, but if he has a name today, we should seriously consider following up on it TODAY. That way, he will be here tomorrow to potentially give us another name if his team hits another blocked kill.

Why's it matter? Obviously, with 2 teams, there are 2 night kills. Getting rid of one team more quickly means we lose a night kill more quickly.

Whenever he runs out of names should be the time the default kicks in, I think.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:54 pm

Post by cicero »

Kison wrote:Why's it matter? Obviously, with 2 teams, there are 2 night kills. Getting rid of one team more quickly means we lose a night kill more quickly.

Whenever he runs out of names should be the time the default kicks in, I think.
Now THAT is smart thinking.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”