Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:28 am

Post by karnos »

In post 286, ironstove wrote:
SCUM DETECTED, LYNCH TRACER ASAP.

People, the post above me is a generic strategy of lazy/afk scum 101... Please gather your votes and remove the scum tracer out of the game. Thank you.
Okay.

VOTE: tracer
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:00 am

Post by Foxbird »

Votecount 1.8

ironstove
(1) - LmkGuy
AlpacaAlpaca
(3) - Nero Cain, Tracer, malpascp
Knighty Knight
(2) - Lowell, aronagrundy
aronagrundy
(2) - PenguinPower, Knighty Knight
Tracer
(4) - Saru, ironstove, cmitc1, karnos

Not Voting
(1) - AlpacaAlpaca

With
players eligible to vote, it’s
to lynch!

Day 1 will end in
(expired on 2016-10-24 15:08:49).

Mod Notes:

None!
cmitc1
cmitc1
Townie
cmitc1
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:54 am

Post by cmitc1 »

In post 242, aronagrundy wrote:@cmitc
In post 223, cmitc1 wrote:
In post 222, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:What about Tracer or Aron?
tracer has kinda been inactive, so its kinda null, maybe a slight scum if she dose not pick things up sooner or later.

Aron has been a bit fluffy lately, but she did accuse me with a kinda crazy.
What was so crazy about what I said (that asking for townreads wasn't productive and could be fake scumhunting)? What value do you see in everyone discussing who they think is town?

@alpaca
In post 193, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:Pretty sure Iron is the biggest bandwagon aside from me who I am still deciding on and if I were trying to scumread all lurkers half of us haven't even posted more than 10 times, what I am trying to judge is content and Saru has produced zero and Tracer hasn't done much but say "I want to vote many people" with 0 explanation. Aron has already confused himself, he never further explores Cmit, after having talked about actually progressing the game and stimualting conversations he talked a lot about the mechanics of RVS and It looked like he was grasping at straws so very much in post . I'd say thats a lot for 8 pages
Well re: RVS considering that I was voting pp for placing an RVS vote in what I was seeing as a game past pure random voting, our discussion was bound to end up comparing our interpretations of what RVS, which involves RVS mechanics. Re: cmitc, once he started posting again (post 172), I was phoneposting quickly before work and during lunch and was only quickly responding to things.

Also, alpaca, if you have a scumread on tracer why aren't you voting her? She only has 2 votes and honestly if you're taking iron's desire to lynch someone 100% seriously I have to question your judgment
it just feels crazy because I have never been accused of something like that ._. , and if forms associations bb.
cmitc1
cmitc1
Townie
cmitc1
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:05 am

Post by cmitc1 »

In post 95, Tracer wrote:I have so many people I want to vote right now.
I'm sad that I only have one vote to play with.
could you yell us who it is when you get on and why :D
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Lowell »

From the top:

9, 12, 17- tracer tries too hard [-, tryhard]
23- lmk, too [-, tryhard]
30s- nero enters, swinging [+, constructive attitude, given fluff that precedes it]
43- kk aggressively defends alpaca, criticizes nero [-, where does this come from? why is alpaca townread already?]
50- karnos fake townslips [-, tryhard]
52- aron votes kk, equivocates [-, don't like his "we need to get out of rvs" justification here. own the vote, or don't vote]
60- iron promises LOLHAMMER [+, like the boldness]
67- PP moves vote away from alpaca, down from L-1
76- PP votes saru [?, no justification, reads as throw-away vote]
93- nero explains case on alpaca, notes iron's possible scumslip
101- aron talks about nothing [-, again]
157- lmk criticizes thread [-, too much coaching, emoticons, and trying to be arbiter of what is and isn't useful]
201- iron wants to lynch aron or saru, posts text wall [+, I like the thought, though I'm not really seeing the conclusive evidence he does]
221- cmitc has no scumreads [-]
236- iron pushes tracer lynch
248- aron votes kk, more or less admits it's OMGUS [-]
251- kk gives full scumlist [-, it's fine, I guess, if a little too polished. Also, all scumreads are dependent on OTHER scumreads panning out]
301- tracer leads w/ 4 votes, alpaca next w/ 3

Towns

nero
. He's been aggressive throughout, and gets points in particular for calling out knighty's defense of alpaca and for pointing out iron's inconsistancies.

karnos
. This one is more gut. There's not a ton to go on but I like karnos, particularly when viewed in ISO.

alpaca
. He basically handled the early pressure fine, and though his posts aren't particularly illuminating, his inquisitiveness reads townish to me. Also, see below, I'm pretty sure he's being whiteknighted.

Null Megaposters

iron
. Reading through the game I mostly consider him a positive force. Threatening to hammer alpaca early I thought was a good move to get the game moving, and several other times he's led, or has tried to lead, new wagons. But Nero pointed out iron's strange reversal in 159, which I tend to agree with. Why would iron laugh off someone who wanted to lynch alpaca if he himself had threatened to hammer. What could have changed?

Null Lurkers

malap
, no comment.

saru
, likewise.

Null Newbs

tracer
, espeically at the beginning, strikes me as a little too giddy. I've seen newbtown do this, but I've also seen scum do this as an attempt to be extra sociable and win friends.

aron
. Similar, though he's more active. There's way too much "let's talk about how RVS works, let's talk about the nature of jokes, let's talk about random unrelated thing" for my liking, but I can't decide whether this is a confused newb or an intentional diverting scum.

scums

LmkGuy
. In ISO, he looks terrible. Of his 14 posts, the first 12 are pure fluff, with some specifically, actively trying to derail the game back to RVS or some other non-threatening null state. 157 in particular bothers me. He's trying to play the "adult in the room" angle a little to hard and looking to slide by unnoticed. Find me a post where he attacks anyone, in any meaningful sense (that was rhetorical. there is none) The best he can muster is a post where he half-assedly votes iron, then immediately equivocates with a "hopefully this can get him playing a bit more seriously." Look in the mirror, chief. When the game gets serious, LmkGuy lurks. When he can jump in with a quip or an upbeat emoticon, he pounces.

knighty
. I've mentioned some of this already. His immediate and repeated defense of alpaca, starting in post 43, makes no sense, unless (a) he's protecting a buddy, or (b) he's trying to pocket an imperiled town on the verge of mislynch. I suspect it's the latter, only because I doubt scumbuddies would defend each other THAT obviously, but in either scenario knighy is scum. When he's called on this, he backs down in post 90, saying he's "just trying to point things out." This is a weak retreat: he got caught and he's trying to get out of trouble. Even 251 reads overpolished and contrived.

cmit
. I'm put off by his refusal to list any reads, even as late as post 221. I don't think he's newbtown, I think he's newbscum playing the unfrozen caveman lawyer defense.

penguin
. Reads similar to LmkGuy, but less so. He spent a lot of time early trying to make jokes and prove his winning personality. He's improved, slightly, perhaps, but still seems to post only when there's a light moment he can pounce on. I also don't like how he egged iron on to hammer alpaca early, only to more or less immediately say how the threat wasn't serious.

Lmk and knighty are my preferences. No one seems to want to join knighty, so let's try this.

VOTE: LmkGuy
Knighty Knight
Knighty Knight
Townie
Knighty Knight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:51 am

Post by Knighty Knight »

@Lowell
I protected Alpaca early on because I didn't see a reason for him to be lynched page 3, idk I thought it would be more fun if we didn't randomly kill someone so early... Sorry for being a nice person?
In I actually spent a couple of hours trying to create good content for everyone to talk about, there was a little of meaningful conversation before then but mostly just empty accusations. So sorry if that seems overpolished and contrived because I put in the time to make sure it was nice for everyone else and I made it in response to Nero asking, so it was contrived? (not sure how that is a scummy thing responding to someone and wanting it to look nice)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

knight, why is my push on the Alpaca slot scummier than the sheep votes?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Agree with Lowell that LMK is scummy. Think
In post 113, LmkGuy wrote:I can get behind this logic, wont join you on that wagon yet, but I'll join you if the case develops further
could be possible buddy play. Ditto Stove willing to hammer him but is now against his wagon.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 299, karnos wrote:
In post 253, PenguinPower wrote:And what do you think of karnos?

That is an open question to everyone.
I'm pretty sure he is town.
Funny...

I really would like everyone else's read here. I notoriously have gut scum reads on karnos (which have all been right, except when I was scum), but I don't want to get tunnel vision.

Seen a town read so far.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 304, Lowell wrote:penguin. Reads similar to LmkGuy, but less so. He spent a lot of time early trying to make jokes and prove his winning personality. He's improved, slightly, perhaps, but still seems to post only when there's a light moment he can pounce on. I also don't like how he egged iron on to hammer alpaca early, only to more or less immediately say how the threat wasn't serious.
Wow...this is a complete misrepresentation of what happened. Except for the joking and winning personality. I definitely do/have that.

Coupled with your IronStove read...Heavens to Betsy if you aren't somewhat scummy.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: Lowell

I'm more comfortable here right now than arona.
Knighty Knight
Knighty Knight
Townie
Knighty Knight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by Knighty Knight »

Nero (and whoever else wants to read :P), it just seemed kind iffy at the start, but I've learned a little more how these games go from what other people have said. As of now, you don't seem too scummy although I don't really know what to think at this point in the game, a lot of back and forth is going on between you, Arona, Cmitc, LmK, Penguin, and Iron. The problem I'm having is that all of these points whether against or with mine are good and are confusing lol. However, Tracer has kind of been AWOL and not mentioned in depth the many people she wants to vote, so right now Tracer isn't seeming scummy but also isn't being very useful and she might be trying to lay low until later on. Basically, I don't really know who to think of as scum/ town anymore but Tracer isn't helping herself by staying quiet.

if she doesn't respond by the end of tomorrow I will vote Tracer
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Why would you vote an inactive slot?
Knighty Knight
Knighty Knight
Townie
Knighty Knight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Knighty Knight »

VOTE: Unvote
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 312, PenguinPower wrote:Why would you vote an inactive slot?
There are a ton of folks voting Tracer, why are you signaling out Knight here?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

knight where did you play mafia before? Can I have a few links?

Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by Saru »

In post 253, PenguinPower wrote:And what do you think of karnos?

That is an open question to everyone.
Karnos is on the scummy side of null. Hasn't posted all too much, but when he does, mainly one liners.
@Karnos: Why do you think Tracer is scum besides what iron said?

@Tracer: You listed people whose posts you don't like and would therefore vote, but you're still voting Alpaca, and he wasn't in that list. What's up with that? Who do you really feel is scum at the moment?
Currently Playing:
N/A
AlpacaAlpaca
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
AlpacaAlpaca
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by AlpacaAlpaca »

Karnos seems pretty scummy to me

@Tracer: A complete readlist would be nice

@Knight: What do you think of the lurkers. Also you unvote with

Code: Select all

[unvote][/unvote]

Nothing in between the brackets is needed

Cmit just feels newbscum to me but than I look at his previous game and he was town and basically the same he is here so I'll have to think more on that.
@Cmit: An actual readlist from you might be nice as well actually
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Have your reads changed any?

ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:11 pm

Post by ironstove »

In post 309, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 304, Lowell wrote:penguin. Reads similar to LmkGuy, but less so. He spent a lot of time early trying to make jokes and prove his winning personality. He's improved, slightly, perhaps, but still seems to post only when there's a light moment he can pounce on. I also don't like how he egged iron on to hammer alpaca early, only to more or less immediately say how the threat wasn't serious.
Wow...this is a complete misrepresentation of what happened. Except for the joking and winning personality. I definitely do/have that.

Coupled with your IronStove read...
Heavens to Betsy
if you aren't somewhat scummy.
Heavens to Betsy
Knighty Knight
Knighty Knight
Townie
Knighty Knight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:29 pm

Post by Knighty Knight »

I haven't played before (was trying not to say it) and like I said before I'm not sure who to think is scum/ town, although they changed in that way I guess, more or less back to neutral on everyone... ik not much help :/
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

so you've never played and you decide to skip the newbie queue for your first game. :/ I bet you are an alt though but I don't care that much.

Knighty Knight
Knighty Knight
Townie
Knighty Knight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:32 pm

Post by Knighty Knight »

I decided to skip newbie because one of my friends who plays this told me to and I wanted to try it out. I am not an alt though, why do you think that?
Knighty Knight
Knighty Knight
Townie
Knighty Knight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:32 pm

Post by Knighty Knight »

What even is the point of an alt account?
Knighty Knight
Knighty Knight
Townie
Knighty Knight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:35 pm

Post by Knighty Knight »

I realise my 322 didn't make a lot of sense... it's early in the morning... I skipped newbie cuz I didn't think it would be that hard, and one of my friends told me to play the game, and I thought it might be more exciting if I played with people who have played before.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”